Caring Sister

I Didn't Realize

You finally arrived home, you shut the door and inhaled in the fresh air of your home. "It smells good~" You called out and followed where the heavenly smell was coming from.

You came into the kitchen to see your sister, Tiffany, cooking kimchi fried rice. "Whoa! My favorite!" You squeaked. "Aish... Not even a 'hello'?" She clucked her tongue and put a hand on her hip. "Hi Tiffany unnie~" You sang. She chuckled.

She turned off the stove and took out two plates. Once food was on the plate, you and her sat down at the small dining table. "So, did anything interesting happen today?" She asked. "Not much." You shrugged and stuffed a spoonful of rice in your mouth.

"Liar. Something always happens. It also always has something to do with that loser, Jaejoong." She scoffed at the name. She never liked him, he dated almost all of her best friends, broke their hearts, and even had the nerve to hit on her. To make it a million times worse, he bullies her baby sister whom she loves dearly.

You sighed, "It's fine unnie, I don't mind those bullies." She put her fork down, "~~~~~, you know how much I care for you. And I will absolutely not stand by and watch you get bullied. I don't like how they make fun of you for being chubby and for having braces and all of that ! Thank god for Jonghyun. God bless that boy for protecting you as much as he can and caring for you." She stated.

Dead silence and discomfort filled the air. You were touchy about the whole bullying subject. Truth is that you had always dreamed of being pretty, having a perfect figure, having perfectly straight teeth, and not being looked down at.

"Let me ask you a question ~~~~." Tiffany continued. "Yes unnie?" You looked at her.

She took a deep breath, "Have you ever wanted to feel pretty?" She asked. "What? But I'm ugly." You said. "No you're not sweetie, you're beautiful. But you definitely don't know it." She said. "Where are you getting at unnie?" You gave her a queer look.

She smirked, "How about your unnie gives you a little makeover..." She said. You blinked at her before bursting out laughing.

You wiped away a tear, "Oh unnie, that was hilarious." You giggled. "I'm being serious. I want my baby sister to feel pretty, I want her to live a life where she doesn't have to be bullied, I want others to see what they thought was 'ugly'." She put a hand on your shoulder. "Under those glasses is a beautiful girl and nobody even knows." She sighed.

"I'm not saying that it's a must for people to see you as some sort of beauty queen, but wouldn't you think it would be nice to not be called ugly everyday?" She was genuinely worried for you. She hated seeing people calling you ugly even though you were beautiful. She hated people calling you fat even though you were only 135 pounds.

You nodded, "I guess life would be easier if I was not constantly being called a freak..." You touched your glasses softly. "But promise you won't go overboard okay unnie?"

She ruffled your hair, "Aigoo, I just want to teach those kids a lesson to not judge a book by its cover." She smiled. "Thanks unnie. I can't wait until Jonghyun hears about this!" You squeeled. "NO!" She held you back. "Wae?" You looked at her.

*Damn. If Jonghyun finds out, he'll never let me do this.* She thought, "Uhh...Let's suprise him!" She beamed. You beamed back, "Okay unnie...well I'm done with my food so I'll go to sleep now." You said.

"Arasso. Get a good night's rest. Tomorrow, we're going for a morning jog!" She cheered. "Bwoh?!" You shot up. "I just want you to lose some baby fat. I promise that after two weeks of jogging, you'll be the size you always wanted to be! And I can buy you a whole bunch of pretty dresses!" She squeeled. You chuckled. *Pretty dresses? I've always wanted to wear one...* You smiled to yourself.

You went upstairs, brushed your teeth and tied your hair up into a ponytail. You got under your purple and white covers and sighed in content.

*Tiffany unnie is going to make me look pretty...I honestly can't wait. I finally won't get called a gorilla by Yunho, and a circus freak by Jaejoong! And I can feel pretty everyday! This is a dream come true...* You were so excited.

You had always wonder what it felt like to be pretty...