Chapter 7

Seeking for Love

Sunggyu stared blankly the television in front of him. The channel didn’t seem attract much Sunggyu attention. Sunggyu mind flooded with some other things. He still upset with his father decision. That evening when he came home from office his mother told him that Woohyun left the mansion and his father did something behind his back. Sunggyu just hope he have enough time to think everything back. First with his sudden marriage and now the sudden break of their marriage. After this what?Sunggyu stared blankly the television in front of him. The channel didn’t seem attract much Sunggyu attention. Sunggyu mind flooded with some other things. He still upset with his father decision. That evening when he came home from office his mother told him that Woohyun left the mansion and his father did something behind his back. Sunggyu just hope he have enough time to think everything back. First with his sudden marriage and now the sudden break of their marriage. After this what?

Sunggyu left out a heavy sigh. He didn’t know why he felt sorry. Either Woohyun was chased from the mansion without divorced or his father decision without even consider his opinion.

He really know his father very well. For almost 23 years old he lived, his father never changed for a bit. He was the one who determined Sunggyu’s life, the do and don’t also now his life partner. His condition almost similar like caged bird. If only Sunggyu still has respect to his father, he obeyed all his words.

Just when he started to know his wife, they were broke apart. He cannot denied the strange feeling he had every time when Woohyun appeared in his mind getting stronger day by day. When love start to blossom, his father came destroyed everything. He learned to accept his wife and treat him as he should get even though he marriage wasn’t  build based on love. All the love he saved for Woohyun now left for no one. Too late now for somebody else to have his heart and soul because he vowed to himself to devote his whole heart to Woohyun, his lawfully wedded wife. He promised to himself that one day he will have Woohyun back by his side and continue their journey as any normal married couple.

 


 

Howon walked passed Woohyun’s desk but much to his dismay his table still vacant. His forehead furrowed as he remembered that Woohyun never late coming to office. Howon fished out his phone from his pocket quickly dialed for Woohyun’s number. Worry start to take over him when his call remain unanswered. He dashed back to his room to check if yesterday Woohyun gave him latter to inform his lateness this morning or not.

No such notes or a letter informing Woohyun reason for coming late to the office. Howon decided to have his breakfast at a cafe down his office. Howon put in his mind maybe Woohyun late because he overslept or stuck in morning traffic. He grabbed his phone and wallet before heading to the nearest lift. When the door opened, Howon met Woohyun. Like usual Woohyun will flashed his sweet smile to his boss.

“Why are you late?” Howon grabbed onto Woohyun’s wrist as he start to walk away from him.

“I told you yesterday that I will start a bit late today because I have an appointment with the doctor this morning, am I right?” explained Woohyun. His face frowned seeing his boss reaction.

“Oh, really? Must be I forgot.” Howon smiled to his action.

“You are always like this, Mr. Lee,”

“This is because you are too sweet, make me forget everything. That is why I need you by my side to help me.” Howon flashed those words casually. He never hide his feeling towards him. For these past years, Howon have tried many ways to tackle Woohyun. But, Woohyun himself a thick headed, Howon failed.

“Woohyun, I am your boss. So, when I command something, I don’t need a no for answer.”

Woohyun reluctantly follow Howon to the cafe. He really hate it when Howon clearly try to flirt him. Not that his boss get too touchy or cross the border, just he felt uncomfortable. He is still unsure on his status right now either still married to Sunggyu or they are over.

 

“Tea only?” Howon raised his left eyebrow after he set his order on the table facing Woohyun.

“I already have my breakfast after my appointment.” Woohyun sipped his tea without looking to his boss.

“Oh, I see.”

Silence take over the duo when both of them continue on their order. Woohyun unlocked his phone to see his schedule today. After pass through it, he decide to play game to kill his mean time. Without his noticing, Howon never run his eyes from Woohyun. He smiled looking at Woohyun adorable face. -What is he playing? He is so cute. Why can’t you accept me, Woohyun-

 

“Woohyun, you know about the merging of our mall with Paradise Mall. So, some of the post have been canceled or changed.” He stop for a while reading Woohyun’s expression.

“What do you mean, Mr. Lee?” Woohyun still could not understand the hint.

“I have discussed with Mr. Kim. Your post as my secretary will be cancel.”

“Then, how about my position?”

“After this I will be assisting Mr. Kim so, I don’t need secretary anymore.” Howon flashed his smile when he see Woohyun panic in his thought of losing his position. -How cute, he is!-

“I am still not clear about this. If then why you don’t need secretary anymore? Am I will work in other department?” Woohyun titled his head.

“You will be Personal Assistant of Mr. Kim.” Howon cleared all Woohyun’s doubt.

“What? His PA?” Woohyun shocked.

“His previous one will resigned later. She will follow his husband to oversea. That is why Mr. Kim need a new PA.”

“But, I still not used to it.”

“Don’t worry, you will be okay later. You are a fast learner so, it won’t be a problem.”

Woohyun breath out a heavy sigh. He never imagined to work together with Sunggyu. After years he managed to stay away from him, just a matter second they reunited back. How will he survived this? Will Sunggyu treat me professionally?

 

“Hey, Howon-shi.” Howon and Woohyun immediate turned their head to the voice. Woohyun couldn’t hide his shocked face seeing the guy he most don’t want to see right now.

“Come and sit with us,”

“What are you guys talking about. Seems serious.”

“Ani, I explained to Woohyun about his new post. He just nervous working with new people as he have been working to me for a quite time.” Sunggyu laughed at Howon said.

“Don’t worry, Woohyun-shi, I am not going to eat you. I will teach you everything. So, Woohyun-shi, how long have you been working with Howon-shi?”

“Almost 3 years,” Woohyun answered him shortly trying to not have a conversation with him.

“Background? Are you married” Sunggyu tried to test Woohyun and he know he did it. He smirked when he saw Woohyun squirmed in his seat.

“His husband dead by an accident. I think we should not talk about this, right?” Howon tried to ease the tension aura around them. He felt sorry to Woohyun.

“Really? I’m sorry,”

Woohyun avoided from making eye contact with Sunggyu because he knew that guy trying to read his mind. He can never forget the smirk plastered on his face when he gave the condolence. Woohyun felt like crying tight now. He felt really suffocated facing him. Howon realized the uneasiness from Woohyun and decided to help him.

Howon reached Sunggyu thigh’s under the table to signal him. Sunggyu raised his eyebrow make Howon bit his lips in disagree. He thought Sunggyu have pass the limit, didn’t care Woohyun’s feeling at all.

“Oh Howon-shi, I will take Woohyun to my office after this to introduce his job, will you mind?”

“Nope. If so, I will take my leave first. Bye.”

After Howon left, Sunggyu turned back to face Woohyun. He called the waiter for their bills. Woohyun still remain still in his seat not moving an inch. He afraid to see his face after what Howon said just now and he know Sunggyu must be very upset with him. After paid Sunggyu left the table followed by Woohyun silently at the back.

 

The ride was so quiet. Neither one of them initiate a conversation. Their past make them felt uncomfortable with each other. Woohyun preferred to enjoy the scenery outside rather than looking straight because he knew Sunggyu silently took glances at him.

“How are you now?” Sunggyu voice make Woohyun faced him.

“Same like before.”

“Same like before but you just getting beautiful.” Sunggyu smiled looking at Woohyun with soft gaze. Woohyun remain quiet. He still cannot accept his presence.

“Your father chased me.”

“If daddy did that, why you not ask me? Ask my answer?”

“He hate me.”

“Who are you married to? Me or my father?”

“I don’t see the difference.” whispered Woohyun. His eyes getting wet when he remembered his past.

“You never ask me, how can you know my answer?” pushed Sunggyu. He want to know Woohyun reason after all he still Woohyun’s husband. He has the right.

“When will we arrive at your office.” Woohyun changed the topic. He refused to talk about this again. His past wound gonna bleed again.

“5 minutes more.”

Sunggyu took a glance at Woohyun. He wiped his unshed tears with his hem shirt. Sunggyu didn’t miss the hurt in his beautiful orbs once had him fell for it. He choose to not force him anymore. Woohyun have faced too much obstacle before. Sunggyu just want to clear their relationship and live like other married couple. For this moment Sunggyu decided to show feelings through his action and he hope Woohyun understand that.