Chapter 46

Seeking for Love

Sunggyu could barely closed his eyes last night. Every time he try to close his eyes, the image of the nightmare played automatically, scaring him. Since his eyes refused to be closed, Sunggyu decided to prepare documents for this morning meeting. If all the boards agree with the proposal, today might be the last day the twins in Japan. They can be home later at night or took earliest morning flight tomorrow.

 

All the papers to be used in the meeting were put into a briefcase. Right after Sunggyu finish arranging his working table, Myungsoo came out from the bathroom with only towel covering his lower part. A small piece of towel hanging on his shoulder used to dry his hair. Myungsoo greeted his brother then walked to him.

 

“Are you okay?” Sunggyu gave him a nod. Myungsoo woke up this morning but the other bed was empty. It was very unusual for Sunggyu to be awake earlier than him and this morning his brother even finished took his shower.

 

Myungsoo put on white shirt on his torso. His eyes silently watching his brother. He knew something bothering Sunggyu as the older did not act like his usual self but when he asked, Sunggyu seems like avoiding the question.

 

“Have a breakfast first before we go. The driver will be waiting us at lobby.” Sunggyu poured warm tea into each of the cup. This morning before Myungsoo wake up, he called for a room service to send him a breakfast set.

 

“Give me a minute. You can start without me first.”

 

—-

 

Morning in Kim mansion continue like usual. All the members gathered in dinning hall together to have their breakfast. Today, Woohyun volunteered to fix them breakfast with the help from Byunghun. As long as Woohyun did not engaged in heavy or strenuous activity, Hyunah and Siwon let him to do anything he want. To put restriction on Woohyun will only stress him out.

 

Prangg!

 

At the speed of light Byunghun rushed to attend Woohyun. He pulled a chair asked Woohyun to sit there and let him clean the mess. Woohyun thanked Byunghun. He rubbed his bump to sooth his baby as he was squirming inside after the sudden glass broken. He was holding the ceramic bowl but don’t know how and why, the bowl slipped off his hand and fell.

 

It was unusual. Woohyun stared blankly in front. His mind straight away drifted back to the last night memory. Anxious, as his heart suddenly felt uneasy. Must be something bothering his husband if not why did his husband suddenly called him in the middle of night when he totally aware that was his sleeping time.

 

Byunghun checked the floor last time to make sure no more glass remains. Thanks God he was there in the kitchen with Woohyun. Speaking of him, Byunghun looked at Woohyun who was staring blankly. His face looked uneasy.

 

“Are you alright, hyung. Let me see your feet.” Byunghun slowly tapped Woohyung’s shoulder to get his attention. He carefully lifted the legs to see any wound or not.

 

“Byunghun, this morning they will have meeting right?”

 

“Yes, Myungsoo told him last night. Why hyung?”

 

“Nothing, I thought maybe could give a call to Sunggyu but nevermind. I don’t want to make him worry. And one more thing Byunghun, can you please don’t tell anyone about this.”

 

Byunghun reluctantly obeyed the order. Something is not right but Byunghun afraid to invade into Woohyun’s personal. Myungsoo gave him a short call this morning to have a small update about him before the meeting. Even Myungsoo told him that his older twin was not acting like himself, lost in his own thought. But Byunghun did not informed Woohyun about the sudden behaviour of his husband as he afraid it will make Woohyun tense.

 

“Byunghun! Can you accompany me to grocery store?” Woohyun’s voice jotled Byunghun. He approched Woohyun in the kitchen.

 

“What do you need hyung? Let me buy it alone.”

 

“Oh, it’s okay we will go together.”

 

Byunghun jaws dropped. “No, hyung! You better stay at home. Just list the things you need.”

 

Woohyun chuckled. “I need some fresh air. Don’t worry I’ll be by your side all the time. Let’s go.” He pulled the poor boy without waiting for his reply. They better go now before Siwon and Hyunah returned from their morning walk.

 

—-

 

Myungsoo nudged his brother arm softly when he noticed Sunggyu was not listening to the presentation. He again lost in thought, thinking so deep about something. Concern about his brother changes, Myungsoo mouthed to ask if he was really okay or sick. A second later Sunggyu forced his lips a smile to stop Myungso. He returned back his attention to the speaker in front.

 

“Why did I feel something bad will be happen? Or is it just my feeling?”

 

Sunggyu shrugged his head trying to erase the uneasy feeling start to building up inside him. He was working now so it was unprofessional of him to mix his personal and work. Maybe during the break later he would share with Myungsoo at least it could lessen the burden. At least.

 

The discussion continues for another 40 minutes before the panel announced they will have a short break for 15 minutes. About 3 person entered the meeting room with some drinks and desserts. The Japan tea was very thougtful to prepare them snacks within the break before lunch to avoid hunger which can affect the discussion.

 

“Hey, do you anything to tell me?” Sunggyu lifted his head from the sink and noticed the reflection of his younger twin from the mirror. Myungsoo had both of his hands in his pockets, giving him a demanding look to spill eveything.

 

Sunggyu took his time to blow dry his hands. Myungsoo still in his place wearing the same cold expression he had since the first second. He was connered. It was either he just talked about it or Myungsoo will paster him all day until he speak up.

 

“Nothing, it just I had a nightmare last night.” Sunggyu leaned his body on the wall.

 

Myungsoo gaze turned softer after he listened. “What did you dream? Must be something terrifying until it made you lost like this.”

 

“I dreamed of Woohyun last night. And it was not a pleasant one.” The voice became slower towards the end. Sunggyu had his head hung low, hiding his already b eyes.

 

Myungsoo closed their distance, and put his hand in the shoulder. He squeezed gently to give him support to let his brother know he was alone. Whatever dream his brother had, Myungsoo believed it must be so terrifying and it involved Woohyun. Now he knew why Sunggyu was acting like this.

 

“It looked so real. I tried to reach him but I can’t. I can’t protect him.” Sunggyu continued to ramble with both of his hand covered his face. His body started shaking signing he was crying.

 

Myungsoo took the shaking body into his arms, hugging him tight trying to ease the tense. His brother need a shoulder to lean on and he gladly to give him his. “Breathe hyung, keep breathing.”

 

The sob had subsided left only some trail of tears. Sungyu splashed cold water to his face to cool down his head. He took the tissues offered by Myungsoo to wipe his face. It felt better after the confession. Although the worry was still there but it was not as tense as before. Myungsoo hugged him again to reassure him. Their break time almost reach its end.

 

“We will be home soon, hyung. Let’s do this.”

 

—-

 

They arrived at Family Store after 5 minites driving. Byunghun parked the car nearby the entrance easier for them to push their loaded cart back to the car. Only to buy needed item, after that go back home. Byunghun reminded his Woohyun hyung over and over again. He knew Woohyun perfectly, that guy tend to wandering from aisle to aisle looking for nothing and Byunghun obviously did not want it to be happen. He just did not feeling right.

 

“Where are you going hyung?” Byunghun panicked a second when he turned around after closing his door, to see Woohyun was not around. Woohyun stopped in the middle of his steps.

 

“Trolley?”

 

“No hyung, we go together.”

 

Woohyun could not say much but had to agree with Byunghun. He pushed a trolley and get together into the store. About 30 minutes left before his parents in law returned back home and he had not making breakfast yet, so he better hurry.

 

First thing first Woohyun directed them to fruits and vegetable section. When he opened their fridge just now, his green apples was almost finish also some basic vegetables were not much left. Later when anyone who wanted to make lunch, they did not have to do grocery shopping. This shopping at least will support for two or three days.

 

“I think we have everything listed here.” A piece of paper with streaked mark read by Woohyun. The trolley filled with necessary things.

 

Thankfully the cashier this morning were not like usual. The line was acceptable not causing them to wait more longer. It took only less than 10 minutes to finish everything. Byunghun pushed the trolley exit the store with Woohyun closely beside him. That pregnant man happily his strawberry ice cream like a five years old kid.

 

“Let me help you load in our stuff.” Offered Woohyun. He was about to grab a plastic from the trolley to be put into the trunk but quickly stopped by Byunghun. Being out here already felt like he had sinned so he would never ever make Woohyun do any work. Never.

 

“It’s okay hyung. I’m almost finish.” With the last plastic entered, Byunghun closed the trunk.

 

“Arghhh!”

 

The sudden shout forced Byunghun to look for the source. Much to his surprise, his eyes just witness an unknown man was pulling Woohyun into a van. And Byunghun confirmed that man used chloroform on Woohyun as the soon to be mom was not trashing, not even a bit.

 

“Help!” Byunghun ran to the other side and tried to pull back Woohyun. With his small physical compared to the unknown man, who was taller and bulkier, Byunghun was an easy opponent. Just a single blow, Byunghn fell to the ground.

 

“No! Help me!” Unfortunately for Byunghun, at the time it happen there was not any people around.

 

“Help!”

 

Finally a security saw him and rushed to him. But luck was not on his side today. Before the security came, the white van fleed the scene. Tears coming from Byunghun face, he was close to hyperventilate if the security was not calming him. Police was called immediately and the second thing Byunghun did was to inform Siwon and Hyunah.

 

Woohyun has been kidnapped!

 

—-

 

Siwon almost had a heart attack after he received a phone call from Byunghun. They were home about 15 minutes after Woohyun and Byunghun off for grocery shooping. It was weird to notice the house was too silent where supposedly he could spot both Woohyun and Byunghun in the kitchen.

 

“What did you say Byunghun?” Hyunah furrowed his brows. She placed the empty glass on the counter top before she shifted her attention to her husband.

 

Siwon abruptly ended the call. He took a deep breathe multiple time before he brought his eyes to meet Hyunah’s confuse one. How was suppose he told her about this. This was too bad to be true. Even himself refused to believe this.

 

Hyunah blinked her eyes in confusion. Why did her husband acting weird? Why did he had a shock face? Who was the caller? What happen? Everything was good…right?”

 

“Please calm yourself first.” Siwon pulled a chair for his wife. He hold her hands tightly.

 

“What is wrong yeobo? Who called you?” Anxious, nervous, scared all could be traced in her voice.

 

“Woohyun was kidnapped.”

 

And the last thing seen by Hyunah was her husband face. Siwon quick reflex catched her wife body and took to their bedroom. He asked one of the house helper to look after his wife while he make a phone call. Hyunah must be checked first. This shocking news was too overwhelmed.

 

After he called their personal doctor, Siwon scrolled after Sunggyu contact number. At first he was battling with himself whether to inform Sunggyu or not. If Sunggyu was informed about this, Siwon afraid he might affecting his works but this was between life and death. Moreover, Woohyun was his wife and Sunggyu had every right to know about this.

 

—-

 

A sudden buzzing sound startled Myungsoo. His phone vibrated agains the wooden table, silently he bow his head to apologize before he excused himself to take the phone call. It was his father and it must be important because he never call him in the middle of works.

 

“Yes Daddy?”

 

“Where is your brother? Why he did not answer his phone?” Siwon bombarded his with questions.

 

“Calm down Dad, we are in a meeting. Maybe hyung off his phone, I don’t know.”

 

Myungsoo can hear his father irregular breathe. “Why Daddy. It is very unusal for you to call us during working hour.”

 

“Okay listen here, can you please ask your secretary to book an earliest flight ticket today. Like right now.”

 

“Now I know something is not right. Spill it Daddy.” Myungsoo unkowingly bit his lower lips as anxious started to take over him.

 

“Woohyun has been kidnapped.”

 

 

All eyes turned to the door revealing a disheveled Myungsoo with heavy breathing, panting. He bow a second apologized for his rude manner but a seond later, he straight away rushed to Sunggyu and pulled him.

 

“What are you doing?” Sunggyu yanked his hand from Myungsoo. All the boards and directors were watching them with unreadable gaze. If Myungsoo continue to act like this, don’t ask why their company will be at great loss.

 

“Apologize to all. His wife has been kidnapped.” The whole room gasped. Silence dominated the room.

 

How about Sunggyu?

 

The young businessman froze on his feet. The whole world stop rotating and crashed on him. Was he hear it right? Sunggyu looked at his brother demanding an explanation. But Myungsoo could not wait any longer, he took all their things gathered them in the briefcase then pulled Sunggyu. While descending the stairs, Myungsoo dialled his secretary number and asked her to book them a flight after he told the reason.

 

“Tell me this is not true.” Myungsoo glanced a while but did not answer him. He keep pulling his brother because he knew Sunggyu was still in shock and could not think straight.

 

“I’m sorry hyung, but this is real. We are going back to Korea now.”

 

—-

 

Police escorted Byunghun back. The traumatic event was still shocking him. Since that, Byunghun refused to speak to any one and he keep mumbling apologize. Hyunah quickly hugged the poor boy, rubbing his back to help him calm down while Siwon asked the officers to sit first.

 

It was basic procedure had to be done by the police. A little bit of interview asking where were them withing the timeline and what are they doing, to prove their alibi. Siwon and everyone cooperate well with the police and told every single details of their respective day. It took about more than one hour before the police call it a day.

 

“I’m sorry Mom and Dad. If only I firmly said no to him, this thing will not be happen. I am so sorry.” Byunghun was still crying. He blamed himself for what had happen.

 

Hyunah exchanged glance with her husband. They never blame Byunghun at the first place. Every thing happen for reason.

 

“Hey, look at me,” Hyunah softly cupped Byunghun’s teary face into her hands. “Nobody is wrong okay.” But Byunghun was still crying and Hyunah did not know what to do anymore.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay, let’s pray together Woohyun will be safe and rescue sooner.”

 

“Mom! Dad!”

 

Siwon and Hyunah looked at the ruckus. Siwon immediately hugged Sunggyu before his eldest son could say any words. Silently, a soft sob was heard and Siwon knew Sunggyu was crying because he could feel wetness on his shoulder. Even the limbs could not support his body, Sunggyu almost slidded off to the floor if Siwon was not holding him.

 

The moment when Byunghun heard Sunggyu’s voice, his tears came out again even harder than just now. On his knee, Byunghun was begging forgiveness from Sunggyu. Hyunah and Myungsoo tried to pull him but Byunghun pushed them. He was hugging Sunggyu’s leg, crying out forgiveness.

 

“I’m not blaming you Byunghun.” Sunggyu crouched down and peeled the hands on his legs. He then hugged him and rocking their body to calm Byunghun.

 

“I’m sorry hyung.”

 

“Stop blaming yourself. I am not blaming you, not even once Byunghun. Everyone here is not putting the blame on you.”

 

The cry subsided a bit. Sunggyu was still hugging Byunghun did not plan to undid the hug sooner not untill Byunghun was emotionally stable. As far as he was sad and angry on what had happen, but Sunggyu will not blame Byunghun. It happen without their power. Byunghun did his best to protect Woohyun and why would he be angry at him. In fact, he should say thank you. Looks at the bruises and wounds, Byunghun was fighting alone to save his wife.

 

“Shhh, it’s okay. Everything will be fine.”

 

—-

 

The white van stopped in the middle of nowhere, very far away hustle and bustle of the city. The driver called a number and wait for the line to be connected. Meanwhile, inside it, Woohyun was still lying unconsciuos totally no aware where he was and where they will be taking him. Another compliance was ordered to stay inside just incase if Woohyun had awake.

 

While the driver was talking outside, the other man took this time to carefully study Woohyun’s face and body. His inner man voice urged him to touch the body. With both hands tied behind, Woohyun appeared to be vulnerable. The man gulped. He was hesitated but this whole situation was very inviting.

 

“Nobody will know right?” His hand traced along Woohyun’s face. He was mesmerized by the visual. How can someone managed to look this attractive while being pregnant. Look at the red luscious lips, so plump and y.

 

He lost the battle. Slowly, he lowered his head to capture the soft lips. It was delicious. While kissing the soft pair, his hands sneaked underneath the clothes. The moment his palm in contact with the warm skin, his breathe hitched. Now he could not control antmore longer.

 

“What the hell are you doing?!” The man stopped in the middle left his pants half undone. He was dumbfounded obviuosly did not expect this coming. He rushed pulling back his pants and fixed Woohyun.

 

“If he know, you’ll be dead.”

 

“I can’t help myself. Look at him, how can you hold back.”

 

His partner looked very much annoyed. “He is coming in less than 10 minutes.”

 

Both of them waited in the van. Exactly 10 minutes as promised, a silver sedan pulled up before them. One of the man went out of the van waiting for the driver to come. A man about late 20’s holding a thick brown envelope stopped right in front of the van driver.

 

“You can have that cute guy. Don’t wake the sleeping beauty.” The driver tilted his head to show where was Woohyun.

 

He took a glance to the direction mention and found Woohyun was sleeping against the seat. Perfect! A smirk visibly shown his satisfaction and joy. The deal officially ended after the brown envelope transferred to the driver. And he got Woohyun as he wished.

 

“Our deal has ended. You have your money and we are over.”

 

“Don’t worry, we won’t disturb you. As long as you give the right amount as we deal, nothing to be worried.”

 

“Dismiss.”

 

The silver sedan and the white van took their own way. The man glanced to his left, subconsciuosly a smile formed. Woohyun was still sleeping soundly beside him. Now he got what he want. Woohyun finally returned to his arms. They can live together just the same they wish before.

 

“You are forever mine, Woohyunie.”