Chapter 47

Seeking for Love

Surprise! This is for you guys. Thank you for the kind support. Apologize for any mistake and grammatical error. Feel free to correct me^^

 

 

The effect of chloroform on Woohyun now started to fade. His eyes slowly opened to adjust the amount of light entering his retina. Woohyun squinted his eyes and tried to cover them with his left hand. He was not aware about being handcuffed until he realised he cannot bring forward his left hand to cover his eyes.

“Help! Help!” Woohyun shouted on top of his lungs while trying hard to release his hand from the handcuff. Tears quickly brimmed in his eyes, he was scared.

His other free hand clutched his round bump as he felt a hard kick. Tears already messed his face. Woohyun scanned around the small room briefly. The room only had a small window for ventilation. Other than the bed where Woohyun was tied, there were not much things inside the room.

“Help me!”

The coldness of the room brought very much terrifying imagination to Woohyun. He had no idea how exactly he ended up here. The last thing he remembered before he lost his conscious was someone put on a cloth over his mouth and nose. But he did not see the culprit as he was attacked from behind.

 

Behind the thin wall, Woohyun’s ears caught a faint footsteps coming over to the room. The jingling sound of keys can be heard in a distance which only made Woohyun adrenaline high. Once he heard the knob was twisted, he shut his eyes tightly and prayed inside his heart.

 

Cold sweats were rolling wild down to his cheeks. It was showing much frightened in his shaking body. The steps continued further and later stopped just before Woohyun. The strong cologne smell of the kidnapper was occupying the whole small room. Woohyun could feel radiating heat of the kidnapper close to his face as he was aware their distance might be an inch away.

 

A low whimper slipped off from Woohyun when he felt the person closed their distance. “Please, I beg you please do not hurt me and my baby.”

 

“Don’t worry Hyunie. You are my precious, the love of my life.”

 

Wait

 

Woohyun recognized this voice. He had heard this voice somewhere before, but he could not figure it out. His memory cells were working hard to join all the past memory to remember it.

 

Light feathery touches and couple of caresses on Woohyun side profile left him shivered more. Closer he pushed himself to the bedrest away from the mysterious person.

 

The bed showed no sign of movement after Woohyun did. But Woohyun can still feel the presence of another person in the room. A heavy breath was escaped from Woohyun as he was collecting all his gut before he decided to open his lids.

 

“Kibum!”

 

---

 

Siwon sent off the cops with a gratitude smile. He watched them until they disappeared before he turned back his attention to the living room. Anyone who might came to this mansion right away can feel the sadness and tension from the family. Everyone in the house had a solemn look on their face regarding with the unexpected news earlier.

 

His watery eyes fall at his wife. Hyunah condition was more worse than him. Since the moment Woohyun was abducted, Hyunah had not stop crying although now she only left with small sobbing. His man heart was clenched hurt to see his beloved peoples in despair and could not help himself but to let his man tears to fall together with them.

 

“The police will investigate this case immediately. The operation has start officially and they will inform us every single details regarding this.” Siwon spoke up to kill the painfully silence in the living room.

 

It will be rude for Siwon to say he was the most depressed person about this unfortunate issue. Yes, he was sad after he knew it but it was nothing more to compare with Sunggyu. Woohyun was his wife. The love of his life. And what made Sunggyu totally in despair was, his wife condition right now. Woohyun was heavily pregnant with their baby and he was due anytime sooner.

 

His sons were away in Tokyo meeting up with Paradise Berhad board as they just started a new branch there last summer. Both Myungsoo and Sunggyu were in the middle of an important meeting with the board when Sunggyu received a phone call phone South Korea. Before they start their meeting, Sunggyu put his phone into silent mode and flipped it to prevent intrusion during the discussion. Fortunately, Myungsoo who also put on silent mode but purposely set his phone next to him noticed his phone was ringing.

 

All the directors in the meeting room shifted their gazed from Sunggyu to Myungsoo who just shouted. Without a proper explanation, Myungsoo pulled Sunggyu from the meeting room rather harshly and left the directors in confusion. While running down the stairs, Myungsoo told Sunggyu what had happen and resulted in shocked Sunggyu. They abruptly stopped a while for Sunggyu to ask Myungsoo what had happen exactly.

 

 

Flashback in Tokyo…

 

“Are you kidding Myungsoo?! Tell me this is a joke!” Myungsoo body violently shook as Sunggyu shook his body.

 

“I hope too hyung, but I’m sorry it is not.”

 

Thanks to Myungsoo fast reflex, he managed to catch Sunggyu before his brother fall flat onto the floor. Myungsoo tapped Sunggyu cheeks a bit stronger after he got no response when calling out his name couple of times. He saw Sunggyu’s eyes glistening with fresh tears and threatening to fall any sooner.

 

As much as Myungsoo wanted to allow his brother to cry, but he cannot. They needed to fly back to Korea as fast as possible. Ignoring his brother statue state, Myungsoo pulled him along while his other free hand scrolled down his smart phone looking for his brother secretary number.

 

“Hello Sojin-shi, this is me, Myungsoo. Can you please book two ticket to Korea now? This is emergency! Sunggyu’s wife has been kidnapped!”

 

 

After a while, Sunggyu finally regain back his composure. His stable and normal state had returned. Full credit was given to Sojin because she managed to get them tickets and sent off the twins back to Korea.

 

“How can this happen! I thought I already make it clear about accompanying Woohyun whenever he go outside!” Sunggyu was fuming with anger next to Myungsoo.

 

“I don’t know hyung. I am not listening until the end before I cut the line and dragged you out. My only concern now is Woohyun.”

 

“Why Myungsoo! Why!” Sunggyu voice sunk in between is emotion. “Why bad things always happen to us? Why can we be like other couple? Why Woohyun always being hurt?”

 

Myungsoo chose to be a listener than answering his brother. Deep inside Myungsoo heart, he truly felt guilty on everything had happen to his brother. If only he did not do that stupid thing to Woohyun, Sunggyu must had achieved his happiness with his beloved one. And Woohyun also can live in his youth happily with his friends together to reach his dream.

 

 

His legs stopped at the empty seat beside Sunggyu and lowered his body next to his son. Carefully he ran his fingers on his son’s disheveled hair before he pulled the distressed figure close to his chest. Gently Siwon rocking their body slowly to help Sunggyu to ease some stress from his mind. He knew this was hard for him, but Siwon did not want Sunggyu fell ill because of this. Right at this moment everyone deserved to get moral support.

 

The warmth from his father slowly broke down Sunggyu emotion. At this time he only wanted to be held by someone closed with him. Usually Woohyun will always held him close like this every time he came back home with pilling concerns or works from office. He can still remember how Woohyun will cradles his head against his chest and his fingers automatically massage his scalp.

 

“I’m home.” Sunggyu weak voice echoed across their home.

 

Some visible frown can be seen on Woohyun forehead after he heard his husband dispirited voice. Quickly he put the newly washed cup onto the dryer and dried his hand after that.

 

“Welcome home.” Woohyun pressed a light kiss onto his husband lips and received a weak reply, obviously not like usual.

 

“Hey, what is wrong? Is it about works?” Woohyun could not help but to ask Sunggyu. He was his wife, if his husband had some problems, he needed to listen. Sunggyu’s problem also his problem.

 

Neither Sunggyu agreed or opposed. Woohyun took Sunggyu hand and lead them to the sofa. Right after their bum touched the sofa, Woohyun gently placed his husband head against his chest. He corrected his position a bit to give some room for his growing belly so that it will not squeeze by Sunggyu.

 

Lovingly Woohyun cradled his husband closer to his body while his other hand rubbing Sunggyu’s back in comforting manner. The tranquility was soon added with Woohyun soothing tone sang to a ballad song.

 

Letting his body sank into the warmth of Woohyun was sure a great therapy for Sunggyu. Woohyun sure had some magic spell which he can easily took away his husband uneasiness and concerns. While smiling to his own thought, Sunggyu snuggled deeper to the warm chest and tightly hugged the petite frame but still careful with the round bump.

 

Seeing a smile finally formed on Sunggyu’s handsome face, Woohyun felt glad after helping his husband to lift his burden although he knew not all of it. He continued to sing and caressed Sunggyu’s face, sometimes he dropped kisses here and there and earned himself a beautiful giggle from Sunggyu.

 

“Finally my big baby is smiling.” Woohyun finished his song and pinched Sunggyu’s straight nose playfully.

 

He can see a strong longing reflected inside Sunggyu’s eyes when they locked their gazed. Woohyun could not help the sudden urge rose inside to finally drop a long kiss on Sunggyu forehead.

 

With a bit tint of red on his both cheeks, Woohyun shyly retracted back and obviously avoid to make eye contact with Sunggyu. Watching his wife cute action, Sunggyu only chuckled and shook his head softly.

 

“Thank you honey for making my day better. Your existence work like magic to me. Every time you are with me, all my problems vanished and replaced with rainbow.”

 

“It is my job to make your day better. Your problem is my problem, your happiness is my happiness.”

 

 

Sunggyu shamelessly broke down in his father arms. His hands clutched his father front shirt tightly like a child not wanting to let go his father. Woohyun always told him to cry if he need to, don’t hold it back because it will only torture your emotion. Now his mind could not stop from related everything to Woohyun. Even the smallest thing will subconsciously reminded him again about Woohyun.

 

Seeing his son broke down in his arms for the first time was a great blow to Siwon. How much he realized he had forgotten his other son while he was busy after the wealth and position. So far he remembered, the last time he heard Sunggyu cry was when he was born. Not only Sunggyu cry, he missed Sunggyu beautiful laugh, his eyes smile, he only seen Sunggyu as CEO of Paradise Berhad not as an ordinary Kim Sunggyu.

 

---

 

“Why are you doing this, Kibum?” Asked Woohyun while in between his heavy sobs. His face was tainted with the salty tears.

 

Kibum did not answer Woohyun though he chose to look at the teary stained face. His hand tried to reach Woohyun smaller one but only got retracted back by Woohyun almost instantly.

 

“I love you. I’m taking what is supposed to be mine. Have you forget our promise?”

 

Woohyun shivered when he listened to Kibum ridiculous answer. He thought Kibum had given up for him after he left him without any news years ago. They bumped onto each other after five years had not meet and that happen in front of Sunggyu. Woohyun counted in his head how many time he met Kibum. So far he remembered less than five times including the time when Kibum saw him crying during his fight with Sunggyu. And the last one at a supermarket.

 

“I am married Kibum!”

 

“But you are not happy with him right?! He hurt you!” Kibum breath became uneven due to his outburst. Veins were popping through his eyeball which turned them a bit red.

 

“He loves me. He treats me good, he never hurts me.”

 

“Ah!”

 

Woohyun screamed when suddenly Kibum launched to him with both of his hand held the bed railing. His eyes were sharply gazing into Woohyun terrified one. Cold sweats were now drenching Woohyun body. His adrenaline was on its highest. A psycho man like Kibum was capable to do anything including killing. Woohyun did not want to play with fire or his life and the baby ended here.

 

“Look at me Hyunie,” Kibum pulled a bit harsh Woohyun’s chin to face him. “Can’t you see how much I love you, hmm? Can’t you see it?!”

 

Woohyun cried really hard after Kibum released his chin. His hand touched the place where Kibum held just now and and hissed in pain when a pressure was applied. He was very sure a bruise just formed there.

 

When he heard Woohyun hissed in pain, Kibum anger almost instantly changed to concern. He scooted closer to Woohyun and held his face with his hand, inspecting the bruise. His bipolar behaviour was really scaring Woohyun.

 

“I’m sorry baby. I’m sorry.” Kibum said sorry repeatedly while cradling Woohyun’s head to his chest. He kissed the black crown countlessly to express his sorry to Woohyun.

 

The room then echoed with Woohyun’s suppressed crying and Kibum’s sorry. Woohyun was too weak to push away the body who was hugging him. He had no energy left. He let the blond guy cradled him and kissed his crown. Deep in his heart, he was praying to God Sunggyu will come and save him.

---

 

Usually this room will be filled with warmth of love of two lovebirds when they were staying at this mansion. Their laughs or teases can easily be heard from kilometres away. But unfortunately, today all those description cannot be seen. The room was filled gloom and sorrow.

 

In the middle of the darkness, a silhouette of a lump on bed can be seen with the help of road lamp shyly peeking through the thin curtain. The owner of the silhouette was no other, Kim Sunggyu. Since afternoon after the investigation, Kim Sunggyu excused himself to rest in their room. And ever since that, Sunggyu had not come out yet. He also skipped his dinner.

 

In the silence of the darkness, Sunggyu was letting out his emotion through his tears. His body was laying faced the side where Woohyun always belong. His scent was still lingering there though the body was not here. Sunggyu’s longing hand Woohyun’s pillow then tucked it under his chin to inhale the familiar scent held by the pillow.

 

Sudden emotion piled up inside Sunggyu until his crying became more visible. His whole body trembled with the emotion, tears kept coming like a broken faucet. The soft pillow was drawn closer to him as he buried his tearful face against it. His cries was enough to pulled himself into his own world without actually care the reality.

 

 

Hyunah placed the glass onto the tray before she carefully lifted it and left the kitchen. Sunggyu did not join them for dinner just now. Hyunah was very sure his son must be very hungry since he arrived this afternoon because he barely touched any food.

 

She climbed up the stairs and continued to walk straight to her right until she stopped in front of a white door. She balanced the tray on his left hand and use his other hand to knock the wooden door then open it. She breathed in some amount of oxygen before she stepped into the dark room.

 

The door was left a bit open for lighting source. Hyunah was extra careful with her steps as the room was dark and her eyes was not really helping. Slowly she placed the tray on the nightstand on her son side before she rested his bum on the bed.

 

From this distance, Hyunah could hear the faint sobs from Sunggyu. Her mother heart was fully torn to see her son unbearable state. For more than 20 years she raised Sunggyu, she never see him being broken like this. Sure he also cry but not like this. This was even more worse than their five years separation or their second short separation.

 

She understood Sunggyu very much. He was her son after all. Although she knew her sadness was nothing to compare with Sunggyu, Hyunah could feel her son was breaking inside. She knew her son weak when it comes to his family, especially his beloved Woohyun.

 

Quickly she wiped off the rolling tears on her cheeks and smiled to chase away the negative even though her smile never reached her ears. She patted softly Sunggyu’s shoulder to pull back his trance.

 

“Sunggyu dear, wake up honey. Mommy bring you porridge, lets eat.” Hyunah tried to coaxed him.

 

Hyunah got no reply from Sunggyu. His body remained still.

 

Which mother wanted to see her children like this. All mothers wanted to see their children love happily with their own dream.

 

“Honey,” Hyunah tried to not choked with her own tears. “Come eat darling. Mommy is hurt to see you like this. Please don’t torture yourself Sunggyu.” Finally the crystal liquids broke the barrier and fell heavily.

 

Seeing her son gave no response, Hyunah buried her face into her son’s exposed neck. Her tears mingled with Sunggyu’s. The mother and son were drown into their emotion pool. While the son was begging his wife to come back, the mother was begging her son to come back.

 

---

 

Woohyun was staring blankly to the wall on his left when Kibum entered. His body did not even flinched when he heard the knob being twisted and the door was closed. His condition now was like a breathing puppet. His soul had left his body. The steady footsteps finally stopped. Woohyun knew Kibum was close to him and could not help but to hug his bump protectively as possible with his one arm.

 

Kibum’s eyes caught the untouched polystyrene on the small table beside the bed. His gazed shifted to Woohyun. An audible sigh escaped from Kibum.

 

“Why are you not eating?” Kibum sat beside Woohyun. Shamelessly, Kibum caressed Woohyun bump without his permission.

 

Woohyun swatted away Kibum hand from his belly. He did not forget to send him glare showing he was annoyed. “Don’t touch my baby.”

 

Kibum was not angry or burst like this afternoon, he surprisingly was calm with Woohyun action. He ignored Woohyun glare and caressed the bump again.

 

“I said don’t touch me!” With all his might, Woohyun pushed Kibum and made the man fell from the bed.

 

Feeling his pride was toyed, Kibum instantly straighten his body and launched toward Woohyun. He gripped onto Woohyun shoulder and held his jaw in rather harsh, causing the smaller man to yelp and struggled to release the tight grip. Kibum was almost leaned his whole body to Woohyun which made Woohyun’s belly was somewhat trapped in between. Slowly pain start to creep over the bump.

 

“Kk..Kibbum.. mm..my bbaby” Woohyun barely completed his sentence with the amount of pain he felt all over his body. He was squirming his body to lessen the pressure on his stomach but to no avail. The more he moved, the closer the Kibum’s body on him.

 

“Listen here Woohyun, don’t you ever try to make me do anything bad to you. And that including killing your unborn baby.” Kibum released Woohyun’s jaw and patted his cheeks mockingly.

 

“This is my home and I rule it. You are not allow to command me.”

 

“You are crazy, Kibum!”

 

*Plakk!*

 

For a second the room went silent. Woohyun’s head was tilt to his right. Judging from the sound, the slap must be hard and bruise will be formed just in a couple of hours. Woohyun could taste some iron mixed with his saliva. He did not has to check to know his lips was bleeding.

 

“Be a good boy, or you will get more than this.”

 

Right after his ears caught the sound of Kibum leaving, Woohyun slide off from the bedrest and curled, letting his tears wetted the pillow. Tonight Woohyun was accompanied with the coldness of his tears and the night breeze instead of Sunggyu’s comfortable arms.

 

A hard kick received made Woohyun to curl even more. Tonight his baby decided to give him hard time. Woohyun brought his hand to rub the freshly kicked area to lessen the pain. Softly Woohyun whispered to his baby to calm him/her. His hand made a rubbing motion along his bump and thankfully it made the baby gradually behave and calm.

 

“Mama is sorry love for getting my baby in this kind of situation. Can you promise Mama to not give Mama hard time? Mama is not strong dear.”

 

A light kick can be seen under Woohyun skin as a sign that his baby listened to his request. The running tears quickly been wiped off and changed with a thankful smile from Woohyun to his baby.

 

“I love you baby. Please stay healthy inside Mama. I promise you can see this world honey even if Mama has to leave you with Papa. I promise you.”