Chapter 3

Seeking for Love

 

“Mom, have you ever consider on my opinion? Why must every time L screw up, I need t fix for him? This is so unfair for me, mom. I cannot do this.” Sunggyu sighed lowly. He never understand his parents. Every time when problem arise, Sunggyu will become their black sheep. Sometimes he wonder is he really their son?

 

Sunggyu looked into his mother eyes. Hyunah reached his son and hugged him tight. She know Sunggyu will never disobey them. For sure at first Sunggyu will reluctant to do but later he will accept it. But she know this time their request is too much and she understand if Sunggyu refuse to fulfill it.

 

It is true every time L screw up, Sunggyu will take the punishment for him. He sacrifice everything just for L. Sunggyu still remember during their school period, he always getting call from the discipline because of his younger twin’s problem. Because of his high tolerance, Kim Myungsoo always put all the blames on Kim Sunggyu shoulder even though those were created by him. At the end Sunggyu will be the one taking all the blames instead of Myungsoo.

 

“Because you are my good son, dear. If not you who else?” Hyunah still trying to coax Sunggyu. This time it is not easy because the request is too heavy for Sunggyu to take.

 


 

“But mom, what about my future? Am I not allowed to determine my own future? I want to marry someone that I love and built a very happy family together . Am I not allowed?” Sunggyu questioned his mother. It will be a lie if Hyunah doesn’t pity his son but she already promised to Woohyun. She now trapped in her own words.

 

“Honey, you help me this last time, I promise. Try to think about Woohyun, he also innocence like you.” Hyunah now cannot think any idea to persuade her son.

 

“Mom, L is the one who creating this, so he is the one should end this. Marriage is not a simple thing, mom. I’m tired being his knight shining armor.” This time Sunggyu’s voice rose a bit. His patience start to decrease each time his mother ask him to marry Woohyun.

“Marry him or you will not inherit our company?” both Sunggyu and Hyunah startled listen to Siwon’s voice. Their eyes follow the figure descending the stairs and coming toward them.

 

“Dad, until when you will use money to win over everything? I don’t want that. I just want you to love me as much as you love L. I am your son too. I don’t you to put all L’s blame to me.” Sunggyu voice out his inner. He have been held this too long. He never feel his father love, he only being showered with money not like L. It will be a lie if he said he is not jealous.

 

“That is all I can offer you as your father. Take it or leave it.” Siwon looked directly into his son eyes. Sunggyu sighed heavily. He know he can never win over his dad. He have no other choice.

 

“Fine I will marry him not because I’m afraid not inherit the company, but I do it to accept your love as you said this is the only your way to show your love to me. But I want you to remember this, me also your son. One day later, you will realize that I’m the only son who you can rely on.” Said Sunggyu in most cynical tone. He is totally burned when his own dad clearly make him the black sheep of the family.

 

Hyunah regained back his cheerful face. At least the problem starts to solve little by little. Even though she know Sunggyu doing this just for his father not come from his heart but she doesn’t care much as long as Woohyun is safe under Sunggyu’s care.

 


 

Woohyun still cannot accept the reality of his mother death. He almost give up on his life after these endless misfortune coming. And now in the midst of hardship his mother choose to leave him behind and went to paradise alone. He want to follow his mother he is not strong any more to continue his life.

 

Jiyoon noticed her nephew weeping on the stairs holding onto his mother picture. She went to her nephew and straightly hugged him along whispering some sweets words to make him relax. Woohyun continue to cry out loud in his aunt embrace without care his surrounding.

“Don’t cry like this, Woohyun-ie. Pity your mother. She must be sad seeing you crying like this.” Jiyoon rubbed Woohyun’s back to comfort him.

 

“Eommonim, why everything bad only happen to be me? After those and now eomma left me? Does God hate me?”

 

“Shh. Don’t say like that. Dear God never hate you. He choose you to face all this challenge because He know you are strong enough to fight back. And never say your eomma left you because she never left you, she will always stay in your heart unless you choose to get rid of her.” Jiyoon try to coax Woohyun to stop crying. Woohyun no longer crying only his body still shaking trying to stop more tears coming. Jiyoon herself felt pity towards Woohyun. Her nephew had enough. Those heartless person refuse to take responsible on Woohyun and now her sister had gone. She doesn’t know what will happen to Woohyun in future. Is he strong enough to face this and fight back or he choose to follow his mother which Jiyoon will never allowed that to happen.

 

For these past days, Woohyun only starred into blank space and do nothing. His body is not ready to move yet. He still not move on about his mother sudden death. After all this hardship what only left for him? His eyes become wet again thinking his unsure future. His mother is the only main reason he choose to stay in this cruel world but after this who is going to he rely on later? He fist the fabric at his abdomen where a living is breathing there. He try to be strong for the innocence life and keep fighting in this cruel world.