Chapter 6

Seeking for Love

 

It has been a week after Woohyun discharged from the hospital. His condition getting better day by day. Since the day he discharged, Cha eommonim had been assigned by Sunggyu to look after Woohyun. She was the person who responsible to prepare his needs and monitoring his health. Even though Sunggyu and Woohyun does not communicate much, but Sunggyu still care on Woohyun. This side on Sunggyu managed bring Woohyun a smile. ‘He still care on me even though he oppose this marriage. He is a very good man. Who ever be his wife must be the most lucky person and the kindest among the people because kind people is meant to be with kind person.’

 

“Woohyun-shi, do you want anything else?” Woohyun stop his thought. Cha eommonim looking questioningly waiting for his reply.

 

“No. Thank you, eommonim.” Woohyun do not forget to say his gratitude to the old woman before she left the room. His eyes following the movement of Cha eommonim. To be honest he felt really bored staying in the room for a quite time. He was banned from doing all chores, to make it worse Cha eommonim will follow him to the toilet just to make sure he perfectly fine.

 

“Wait! Eommonim, Mr. Kim already leave to office?” He stopped Cha eommonim before she left his room to continue her other delayed works.

 

“Yes. Mr. Kim left after his breakfast this morning. He reminded me to look after you.” Woohyun without knowing smile a bit listened to her words.

 

“Thanks, eommonim. You may leave.” The door shut while Woohyun still smiling remember what his husband told eommonim. But he know this all only for a while.

 

Woohyun determined to end this marriage with Sunggyu. For what he stay longer here when almost all the people here sick of him. Before this they were married because of the innocence baby living inside him but now the baby already safely arrived the heaven. So, Woohyun do not has any other reason to stay here even Mrs. Kim persuade him to stick on this helpless marriage. He had enough hate treatment from Mr. Kim also he want to avoid his feeling from falling in love with his husband. He afraid one day he could stop his feeling and suffering more.

 

Also inside this mansion his nightmare happen. Where his ity were taken from the person he do not love and Mr. Kim oppose this marriage. Living here for almost 5 months really helped Woohyun to become more stronger person. Another thing he learn that money could easily buy people and power will never has mercy to poor people.

 


 

Later at night after taken a fresh shower, Woohyun standing in his room balcony to have some fresh night breeze. His condition getting better day by day. He blankly look passed the cars passing in front of his house. How he personally want to be like one of those. Freely doing their daily routine with beloved family supporting from back. He really dream of that.

 

The night getting chill forcing Woohyun to get in into his room back. He closed back the sliding door preventing from the breeze enter his room. Straightly heading to the bed Woohyun decided to call the day when he felt fatigue slowly dominating himself.

 

Woohyun was in his deep slumber when suddenly he felt someone ran his/her through his hairs. Nervously Woohyun opened his eyes to see the person. After had a glanced of the figure beside him, Woohyun scouted away in fear from the figure .

 

“Please don’t do anything, L-sshi,” Woohyun held the higher until covering his body leaving only his head. Tears started to flow heavily on his pretty face. Suddenly his dark past flashed back in his memory.

 

“I’m sorry. I am Sunggyu.” Sunggyu was shocked to see Woohyun terrified face.

 

“Please, Sunggyu-shi, please don’t do anything.” Woohyun begging Sunggyu. He was afraid if Sunggyu also will become like his younger brother. Taking him for granted.

 

“Hey, don’t be afraid. I won’t do anything to you.” Sunggyu took a few steps behind to give Woohyun his personal space. He knew his presence there only bring scare to his wife.

 

“I’m sorry.” Sunggyu left the room. He disappointed with himself. He could not control himself to touch Woohyun. Sunggyu himself do not have concrete answer upon his action earlier.

 

Woohyun rest his back against the headboard. His body still shaking but not like before. He let his tears running down his cheeks without doing nothing other than hugging his body to himself. Sunggyu action just now really made him really terrified. Why he do that? When he entered the room? All those questions revolve in his mind without answer.

 


 

Woohyun went down after finish his shower. Usually at this time Mrs. Kim will have her leisure time in the living room while reading some cooking magazines. That was her hobby. Even though Woohyun joined the Kims for less than 6 months, but he know her hobby and routines.

 

Two weeks already after both Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim back from their business trip in Japan. Woohyun think this is the right time to voice out his thought. He already thought this matter for quite time. Only Mrs. Kim accepted him thus making him more comfortable to have talk with her instead.

 

“Excuse me, Mrs. Kim, may I have a talk with you for a while?” Woohyun asked when he approached the sofa occupied with Hyunah. He took the right side of the sofa facing his mother in law.

 

Hyunah closed his magazine and smiled to him. Even though already two months, Woohyun still address her as Mrs. Kim not mommy. She knew Woohyun still felt uncomfortable with this sudden changes or maybe he thought they were still employer-employee relationship.

 

“Yes, honey.” Hyunah massaged his left shoulder to ease the tension.

 

“I would like to talk about me and Sunggyu relationship.”

 

“Why? What’s wrong with you guys?” questioned Hyunah. She started to sense for something bad. She hope her guts came wrong.

 

“You do know our relationship right? We were forced to go through this without our willingness. And also I think this is unfair for Sunggyu to face because he must have his own plan for his future, isn’t it?” Woohyun tried to explain.

 

“Then?” Hyunah acted like she didn’t get the meaning.

 

Woohyun take a deep breath before continue his sentences. He took his mother in law hands and interlock them.

 

“I want Sunggyu to let me go. I want us to divorce.”

 

Blood like had been left Hyunah’s body after listened to Woohyun words. She already expected this but never she know at this early.

 

“Have you think this carefully?”

 

“I am. And I don’t think this marriage will work if both of us only care our personal. Moreover, the responsible Sunggyu endure before this will end and he can continue his normal life.”

 

“But honey, what about Sunggyu? Have you two discuss with each other?” Hyunah silently hoping Woohyun will change his mind. She don’t want them to divorce because she believe that they were meant to be.

 

“He will agree later.”

 

“Oh, so you just want to use him to cover up your mistake.” Siwon heading towards them. Both of them aware the smirk plastered on his arrogant face. This not gonna be good.

 

“After you killed the baby, now you want to run? Huh! People like you only after my wealth. Disgusting!”

 

“Yeobo! The baby also your grandchild. Do you forget L who are the do that to Woohyun.” Hyunah became more impatient with her husband act. After what his son did, he still want to back up him.

 

“Never cross in my mind to have your wealth, Mr. Kim. I just felt guilty to Sunggyu. He trapped in this situation.” Woohyun tried to convince Siwon.

 

“Wasn’t it before you want to be one of this family. Now, you have it why bother to let it go? And also I will never let Sunggyu to divorce you. Over my dead body if he dare to do that. Understand! Also Sunggyu can marry other because I said so. I will make you suffer with this relationship. And I will be glad if by this afternoon your face disappear.” Siwon left them after he finished his words. He felt winning seeing Woohyun blanked. He determined to make the boy suffer after what he did. He can never let it go easily because he is Kim Siwon after all.

 

Only tears spoke their feeling right now. Woohyun couldn’t believe this. What kind of obstacle more? Hyunah really don’t understand her husband. If he doesn’t like Woohyun, why not he agree to him upon the divorce matter. Isn’t much better?

 

 

WOOHYUN P.O.V

Am I that low in Mr. Kim eyes? Am I not allowed to have my own happiness? How about Sunggyu?

 

I afraid if I choose to stay later I will fall in love with him but only one-sided love. He will never love me. Sunggyu never make me his wife. Dear God, please give me more strength to face this cruel life.