Chapter 26

Seeking for Love

The morning ray passed through the slits of curtain before hit the two sleeping figure which had each other in their arms. Their body were dangerously close with the taller one had the smaller man sleeping peacefully on his hard chest as a soft snore escape from the bit parted plump lips. The view was breath taking aesthetic as we can feel the unspoken love warming the love nest.

 

The ringing sound of phone stirred awake the beautiful man with messy black hair from his wonderful slumber. Heat rushing came to his chubby cheeks as soon as he raised his from the husband chest. His husband had a habit of taking off his top when he went to sleep.

 

“Yeoboseyo,” Woohyun answered the call from an unknown number carefully yet full of politeness.

 

“Sunggyu-ah! Your father fell and hit his head. He is in Seoul Hospital now.” Woohyun gasped and clasped his hanging mouth with his free hand after he listened to the unfortunate news just now.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

 

“Oh, sorry Woohyun. Where is Sunggyu by the way?”

 

“He is still sleeping. You changed your number?”

“No, my phone ran of battery so I make this call from a public.”

 

“Alright. We’ll be there in minutes.” Woohyun ended the call and turned his body to the sleeping figure beside him. He saw the figure squinted his small eyes before he opened his mouth to greet him.

 

“What happen? You look concern.” The first question Sunggyu asked as soon as he pushed away the sleepiness from him.

 

“Hyung, your father is in hospital now. He fell and injured his head.”

 

“Oh, really.” The short reply from Sunggyu shocked Woohyun. Judging from his voice, Sunggyu sounded like the news did not concerning him.

 

“Hyung, he is your father.” Woohyun’s eyes follow the figure of Sunggyu getting up from laying to sitting position against the headboard.

 

“A father should let his son to mind his own future and give happiness. And, I did not see that for the past 28 years I lived.” Those words were said in cold voice of Sunggyu.

 

True, that Sunggyu relationship and his father were not okay and thing gotten worst after the incident. Woohyun cannot blame Sunggyu as Siwon also responsible for it, but Sunggyu as a son could not do this. Even after all, Siwon still his father, that will not change the fact.

 

“Then, you are same like your father.”

 

“MWO?!” Sunggyu accidentally rose his voice at Woohyun.

 

“If you are a gentleman, go and pay him a visit. I will go with you.” Woohyun ignored his shocked husband. He just wanted them to fix their relationship.

 

Sunggyu was left alone in the bed after Woohyun left for shower. His mind still thinking about what Woohyun said just now. Not that he hate his father, it just the disappointed feeling of the elder past actions. For a moment he hoped to not see his father for him to clear his mind.

 

“Maybe Woohyun is right.”

 

 

Sunggyu pressed the level 5 button inside the elevator to close the door. It took him a moment to battle with his ego before he decided to follow Woohyun’s advice. His wife right, he will only became like his father, selfish.

 

“Hyung, we are here.” Woohyun tapped his husband forearm to bring him back from his trance. Together they load out from the elevator and head to Siwon’s room.

 

“Gyu!” Woohyun let go of Sunggyu’s hand to give some mother-son moment. His heart went down when seeing the sight, how lucky his husband still has a mother figure by his side while had lost both of them at the moment he really need them.

 

“How is daddy?”

 

Woohyun whipped his head when his ears caught the familiar voice.

 

“L! I thought you are not coming.” Hyunah ran to L and hugged his other son tightly. She clearly missed his boy after he caused the scene.

 

“Doctor said your daddy in coma because of the impact from the falling.”

 

Woohyun squeezed his mother-in-law shoulders in comforting manner. He knew the feeling of afraid to loose the person we love. Even though, Siwon had done many bad things to him but he still his father-in-law. He also wanted the best for Siwon.

 

“He will make it.”

 

“I hope so, Woohyun-ah.”

 

Woohyun’s eyes caught the emotionless figure of his husband staring blankly at the motionless body lying on the bed. The foxy eyes of Sunggyu barely showing any emotion right now, they were like a pool of dark soul. The beeping sound from the various mechanical machine around Siwon succeed in touching his weak heart. The very same person who had hurt him before but, now he was lying weakly on the bed supported with the mechanical machines.

 

 

It was already noon probably be the main reason why the cafeteria filled with many people. Every single counter had a long line of people waiting to order food. Watching the scenario making Woohyun heaved out a heavy sigh. He sat on the free chair available at the corner of the cafeteria while waiting for the lines to decrease.

 

“May I sit here?”

 

Woohyun was flustered by the greeting as he started to squirmed in his seat which did not go unnoticed by the greeter. “Nn..ne.”

 

“Thank you.” The free chair was pulled gently before the greeter sat comfortably on it and pop up another question.

 

“How are you?”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

For a while, silence took over the awkward atmosphere, letting the two figures to be drown in their own thought.

 

“I’m sorry.” L spoke first.

 

“For what?”

 

“For everything I have done to you.”

 

“I dd--”

 

“I am really sorry, Woohyun. I understand if you can’t forgive me but I just want you to know that I was really sorry on my action. I promise this will be the last time you see me.” After L ended his last sentence, he rose from his seat and about to left when he heard Woohyun called for him.

 

“Why?”

 

“I want to start a new life, looking for the real me before coming back to the Kim’s.”

 

Woohyun lost his words after L stated his reason. All he can do right know was sending the sad back view of the figure with confused and melancholy eyes until his body was drown in between the ocean of people. L’s last words still freshly lingering in his mind. What will he do when his father was still lying unconsciously, fighting between death and life?

 

 

“Woohyun?”

 

“Nn..ne?” Woohyun startled after Sunggyu called him. He was lost in his own thought for a while, ignoring his surrounding and also his husband who was talking beside him while he was daydreaming.

 

“Something disturbing you? You look like in a deep thought. Mind sharing?” Sunggyu coaxed Woohyun, his hand involuntary inched out to Woohyun’s smaller one. His eyes still fixed to the roads and calmly stirring the wheels while waiting for his wife reply.

 

Woohyun did not give his husband an instant reply, instead he turned his head to face his husband perfect jawline and took his moment for a while to appreciate the beauty of him. He was still in doubt whether he should tell Sunggyu about L or not.

 

“Am I too handsome until you lost your words, honey?” Woohyun can see Sunggyu’s little smirk after he . Woohyun could not help but to blush upon it.

 

“Ani. I met L.” This time Sunggyu did not interfere. He let Woohyun to tell his story as he learn from his past, never drop a punishment without taking the second party reason.

 

“He told me he was very sorry and ask me to forgive him. Also, what is the main thing bothering me is he said this will be the last time we will meet.”

 

“He will left the Kim’s.”

 

The news seems did not affect Sunggyu much as he still wear his calm expression when Woohyun told him. Looking from his behavior, it was like Sunggyu already know about this much earlier than Woohyun or anyone.

 

“I know about that.”

 

Woohyun could not hide his shocked face after Sunggyu told him. “When?”

 

“Remember that day I said to not wait for me and have your lunch without me?” Sunggyu pulled the steering to the left after the light turned green. His eyes drifted to Woohyun who had his face facing front, taking his features for a while before continuing his story.

 

“We met and kind of sort everything back to normal. Then, suddenly he popped up that issue.”

 

“What did you say?” Woohyun tried to guess his husband answer where he already knew Sunggyu must against the idea of L.

 

“Of course I did not agree. But, he still with his decision. The very same stubborn L I knew for 28 years.” Woohyun smiled along seeing Sunggyu smiled a mentioning his younger twin. He feeling relief to know the twins were in good term now.

 

“I let him. And now, even with daddy condition, he still with his words. He was not an easy person.”

 

“Gwenchana hyung. Let him has his way and support him. We can just pray for his life.”

 

“Thanks, wifey.” The nickname gave by Sunggyu was responsible with the deep red shade decorating Woohyun’s chubby cheeks. He playfully pinched Sunggyu’s side saying he should stop saying cheesy thing while Sunggyu only chuckled after watching his wife adorable reaction.

 

“Saranghae, Woohyun.” Sunggyu brought the back of Woohyun palm closer to his lips and planted a lovely kiss onto it, letting his other half know the burning passion of his love inside his heart.

 

“Hyung, focus on driving or we end up together in the hospital.” Woohyun teased his husband after pulling back his hand and averted his gaze anywhere as long as not at his husband. He can feel the warmth sensation slowing creeping up his heart as Sunggyu still fixed his loving gaze on him.

 


 

L spared his last glance to the hectic movement of peoples in the Seoul International Airport before he pulled his leg to step into the departure door. He nonchalantly put back his passport into his bag pocket after the officer checked. Without looking back, L continued his confident steps with his dark shade loosely hanging on his tall nose bridge which he used to cover his tears from the world’s eyes.

 

“Goodbye L. Welcome Kim Myungsoo.” The last words of L from the land of Korea before the flight upwards leaving all his memories and family behind to the new destination. To the place where only him there to find his real self.

 


 

“Sunggyu!” The loud shrieked from behind enough to bring much discomfort to Sunggyu as he can already guess the owner of the high pitch voice. No others Kang Soyou.

 

Sunggyu flashed her the most sincere smile since he was fighting against time, Woohyun was waiting for him in the car. “Hello.”

 

“What are you doing here?” Soyou latched to his side, intentionally rubbing her plump size against Sunggyu’s arm making the other felt an extreme discomfort. Seeing the expression wore by Sunggyu, Soyou smirked in triumph. “I will turn you on Sunggyu.”

 

“Just stopped by for a drink. I’m in hurry, my wife is waiting in the car. See ‘ya.” Sunggyu hurriedly untangled their arms and headed back to his car. Soyou huffed in annoyance after Sunggyu left him. She almost get him by the way.

 

“Not that easy, Kim Sunggyu. I will get you.” Soyou watched Sunggyu’s car left the store from behind a wall. Her eyes showed too much anger and hatred.

 

“What take you so long?” Woohyun asked as soon as Sunggyu hopped in and drove back.

 

“There was a line. Sorry.”

 

“Oh, I see. It’s okay.”

 

“Say, Woohyun-ah, why not we have our dinner outside?” Suggested Sunggyu. Woohyun glanced the watch at the dashboard and could not agree less to the offer. It was already 6.45 pm, it will take time if he cook.

 

“Not bad. You decide the place.”

 

“Sure!”

 

Sunggyu smiled at the waiter after taking their order. He fixed back his eyes to Woohyun infront of him. In silent he observed his wife calm figure who have his eyes wandering around the classic atmosphere of the exclusive restaurant.

 

“Woo,” Called Sunggyu almost whispering. His hand reached out to Woohyun’s on the other side of the table and caressed the soft skin with his thumb with much affection.

 

Woohyun ran his gaze to Sunggyu and found him has been watching him since he know when. He could feel his cheeks warmed due to his husband gaze. “Why are you looking at me like that, hyung?”

 

“Wae? Am I not allow to look at my wife?”

 

“Ani. People are looking.”

 

“Let them be.”

 

Woohyun rolled his eyes at Sunggyu’s leisure answer. He knew he never win against his husband as Sunggyu will always find his way to break Woohyun’s point, so no point now he argued with him.

 

“Woo, are you happy now?” Woohyun’s eyebrows jointed together upon hearing to the sudden question.

 

“What with the question? So random.”

 

“Are you happy now?” Sunggyu repeated the question one more time with much emotion this time.

 

“Hyung, you don’t know how much I am feeling right now. Even words cannot describe it. The moment you came back to me, I was like given another chance in my life. I am beyond happy, more than you ever imagine.”

 

“Thank you for giving me third chance. People said second chance will always come after the first and do cherish it because you cannot always get the third one. I can’t expressed my feeling when you left me again for the second time. I felt like the whole world against me and I could never get you back. But, God have other plan for us. He bring us back and let me to take you again. Thank you so much, Kim Woohyun.”

 

“Thank you too, hyung. Thanks for accepting me back, let us open a new book and start over again.”