Chapter 44

Seeking for Love

Surprise!

-----

Woohyun was fixing their bed when his husband came out from the bathroom only in towel with droplets of water running down his exposed torso. He was quick enough to advert his eyes from being noticed by Sunggyu that he was checking out his husband. Well, who did not feel hypnotise to see you spouse in that condition.

 

“Woohyun, can you pass me my shirt.” Sunggyu said while putting on his pants. He pull off the towel and used it to dry his hair.

 

“Woohyun?” It was really weird because Sunggyu still did not has his shirt yet. When he turned to find his wife, he found out that Woohyun was actually not paying attention.

 

“Yes?” Woohyun startled when he felt a tap on his shoulder. His cheeks immediately turned into deep shade of red when he realized Sunggyu was standing close to him with exposed upper body. Thanks God his husband had already wore his pants.

 

“What are you thinking? I called your name but you did not hear me.”

 

“Do you need anything?” Woohyun tried to sound like normal as possible although his heart was about to explode now.

 

“I asked you to pass my shirt.” Sunggyu frowned. “Are you sick? Your face is red.”

 

“No I am fine. Here is your shirt. Hurry or you will be late.” Woohyun quickly gave Sunggyu the shirt before he left the room and let his husband to get prepared.

 

“Weird.”

 

---

 

“You sure we don’t have to send you.” Asked Siwon after he helped to put his sons’ luggage into the trunk. The sibling decided to go with a taxi instead of being drive there.

 

Myungsoo closed the door and walked to them. Siwon and Hyuna were standing there nearby the car along with Woohyun and Byunghun. Talking about the love of his life, Byunghun wore the same expression like his brother in law. Both of them had a noticeable pout on their face.

 

“It’s okay daddy. We can handle this.” Myungsoo nudged his brother in playful manner and received a nod from Sunggyu.

 

The twin hugged both Siwon and Hyuna before moved to their respective partner. Sunggyu stood infront of Woohyun just staring at his wife sweetly. While on the other side, Byunghun was already being pulled by Myungsoo into his arms. Both Woohyun and Sunggyu still had their mouth shut.

 

“I know you are upset with me. I promise I finish my work faster so that I can return to you earlier.” Finally Sunggyu decided to break the silence after Woohyun still refused to look at him. His hand could not resist to feel his wife soft skin under his own. He wanted to remember every details of Woohyun when distance separated them miles away.

 

Woohyun on the other hand was trying hard to swallow back his tear. He refused to look at his husband because he did not want to make Sunggyu worry if he saw him crying. That could make Sunggyu to postpone everything which Woohyun refused. How much he wanted Sunggyu to stay but he knew Sunggyu had other commitment.

 

“Look at me honey.” Sunggyu sounded almost begging to Woohyun. Slowly he brought up his face to meet Sunggyu.

 

The moment their eyes met, Sunggyu felt his heart was clenched to witness Woohyun’s beautiful eyes brimmed with fresh tears. Since Woohyun resigned from the company, this was the first time they were separated for a quite time. Before this if Sunggyu went to outstation for a long time he will bring Woohyun along. But this time he cannot because Woohyun his heavily pregnant now. It might be dangerous to Woohyun.

 

Siwon and Hyuna looked at each other and smiled sadly. They knew it hard for both Sunggyu and Woohyun. After the incident, Sunggyu became more protective to Woohyun. Almost everywhere Woohyun go, Sunggyu will be the one who accompany him. Of course it was not an easy decision for Sunggyu.

 

“I understand. Don’t worry about me here. I have Daddy, Mommy and Byunghun to look after me.” Woohyun convinced his husband. He forced a smile to hide his mixed emotion.

 

“Then, please smile for me.” Sunggyu pulled Woohyun’s chin softly. They looked into each other eyes and smiled. Woohyun closed his eyes when he felt his husband lips kissed his own.

 

“Don’t forget to take of yourself there. Remember to eat even though you are busy.” Woohyun dust off his husband shoulder just to distract himself from the sudden kiss earlier. His husband was grinning brightly to see his flustered move.

 

“And if you are not busy can you please call me?” The grin of Sunggyu face became more wider than before. He loved very much to see how the shade turned darker every time Woohyun felt shy.

 

“I am more than glad to do that. Wait for my call tonight.” Whispered Sunggyu before he kissed the tip of Woohyun’s nose.

 

“Let’s go hyung.”

 

---

 

Not even half day Sunggyu had gone, Woohyun already missed his husband. After they had lunch, Woohyun excused himself to his room. Every second passed felt like thousand year for Woohyun. It felt like forever to reach seven days. Not to mention, Woohyun silently checked his phone to see if Sunggyu sent him message or miss call.

 

“You miss Papa too?” Even the baby also missed his Papa. Since the morning Sunggyu departed, his baby had been moved relentlessly inside. Although there was no kicking, but Woohyun still not feel comfortable with all the movement.

 

Talking and coaxing were the best Woohyun could done to calm his baby. If he still moving inside, Woohyun might could not get proper rest the whole day. Noticing the movement became faded, Woohyun smiled. He propped a hand and leaned back while caressing his round bump.

 

“Stay healthy inside there. Come out whenever you are ready. Papa and Mama love you so much.” Woohyun caressed his under belly where he felt his baby head. The area there quite stretch and hard.

 

Woohyun shifted his gaze to the clear window adjacent to the bed. Today weather somehow was sunny and just nice for outdoor activity. Later in the evening he will ask Mommy or Byunghun to accompany him walking at the park. It will be great to inhale some fresh air while doing a light exercise.

 

“Maybe I need to do something to distract myself while waiting for evening. At least it might help me to stop thinking about him.”

 

Right after that, Woohyun decided to do a little bit cleaning to their room. Since they only come here once a while, he rarely had a chance to clean up. Yesterday after he arrived in the morning, Woohyun found out that there were several items can be discarded. Besides, they sure need some room for their baby later. Woohyun thought that maybe he would ask Sunggyu to take some of the baby stuff from their home to here.

 

Cleaning really brought therapy to Woohyun. It worked like magic as Woohyun now fully distracted from thinking about his beloved hubby. He was focusing more on selecting their clothes. After spending about almost an hour just to clean up the cupboard, Woohyun now got a pile of clothe which he decided to get rid. But it will be wasting if he just throw it away. It will be even more better if he can give to any volunteer to distribute for poor people.

 

“Nah, now I can put my baby clothes at this side.” Satisfied with his work, now Woohyun waddled to bathroom. Sweats were all over his body and fatigue was taking over him right now. Before he decided to sleep better if clean up first.

 

---

 

About two and half hour flight ditectly from Seoul to Tokyo, finally the air craft had landed safely at the airport. Passengers started to empty the plane while Sunggyu and Myungsoo still remain calm in their seat. They will get up soon right after everyone settled down.

 

“Make sure you are taking everything with you.” Remind Sunggyu last time before they went out. Myungsoo took one final glance at their seat to confirm before he gave a confirmative nod to his brother.

 

“Thank you sir and enjoy your trip.” One of the flight attendance bow to the twin as they were about to exit the door. They just replied her with a warm smile before leaving. Quickly Myungsoo informed the driver to standby, upon receiving a reply they rushed to the gate.

 

The black sedan pull on gear before sliding into the hectic road of Tokyo metrapolitan. Sunggyu asked the driver to send them to their client office right away. They will have their lunch at any nearby restaurant or the office café as they could not predict how the traffic will cooperate today.

 

“What are you smiling at?” Sunggyu was curious to know the reason behind his brother bright smile. Since they entered the car he noticed that Myungsoo was busy playing with his phone.

 

“Just open my phone and already received a lot of message from my love. Look at this, he is sulking because I did not reply to him.” Myungsoo tilted his phone to show Sunggyu the message.

 

Sunggyu just chuckled. Suddenly the vision of his wife came before his eyes. What was he doing now? Have he had his lunch or not yet? Remembering how clingy Woohyun these day made Sunggyu wanted badly to return back to Seoul. How will he survive for a week here without Woohyun? Sure love make people crazy sometimes.

 

How about try to give him a call? He already missed to hear his wife soft voice. The only voice that could increase his heartbeat and kicked away all his problems. Sunggyu quickly pulled out his phone and pressed quick dial to Woohyun number. He waited for a while with smile which in second later faded away.

 

“Myung, try ask Byunghun where is Woohyun. He is not answering my call.”

 

“Byunghun said Woohyun is sleeping.”

 

Then Sunggyu finally can breathe again. Maybe he was just exaggerating. Woohyun was doing fine at Korea, he should trust his family there to take care his wife. As long as Woohyun was accompany by someone, Sunggyu can at least relax.

 

---

 

It had been almost three weeks since Kibum purposely tried to hit Sunggyu at parking area. Along the period of time Kibum decided to not showing his face to the couple yet. He wanted the situation to settle down first before he can plan his next action. It could be either Woohyun or Sunggyu had seen a glimpse of his face or maybe recognize his car. So, better he waited for everything settled then he can continue to spy on Woohyun.

 

Woohyun and Sunggyu might not notice this but Kibum actually had been spying them since almost a month ago. That was why he can be at the same place with the couple during the time happen. It was not a mere coincidence like what people thinking. It was planned carefully. Just only his plan did not go really well that day.

 

But Kibum was not going to give up. He could never stop all this madness until he achieved his goal – Woohyun. If he cannot have him neither, Sunggyu can. For months he had been stalking the couple and what he get was only pain. He hate to see the smile on Woohyun face, he just hate to see Woohyun’s happiness without him in the picture.

 

This time he wil make sure his goal was achieved. He could not wait anymore. The waiting was just killing him silently. All he want was to have Woohyun and planned a future together with him just like their innocence thought in the past.

 

“Wait for a while Woohyun. Our love will unite soon. Please wait.”

 

—-

 

It was quarter one when Woohyun woke up from his nape. He rushed to shower and changed before went to downstairs. How can he missed his alarm. Although his mother in law always asked his to rest but Woohyun just could not do that. He was just be8ng pregnant yet people are overacting about it. He was not disable or what.

 

“Oh, you are wake already hyung? Lunch will be ready in a while.” Byunghun was the first one to greet Woohyun right after he entered the kitchen. Looked like was only Byunghun there.

 

“Where is Mommy and Daddy?”

 

“They went out just now. Perhaps will be back late.”

 

Woohyun just nodded. He pulled out a chair to sit. “Do you want me to help you with anything?”

 

“It’s fine hyung. I just need to get this after that we can eat. Mind waiting for a minute?”

 

“Sure.” Woohyun smiled. “Oh, Byunghun, has Myungsoo call you?”

 

Bhyunghun turned his head to face Woohyun a while. “He did right after they landed. Sunggyu hyung asked about you but I said you were sleeping. He did not asked more and just said okay. Why hyung?”

 

His heart relieved. Woohyun forgot to check his phone for any missed called or masseges. He was worried for nothing. Of course Sunggyu will not forget him. It will be embarassing if Woohyun called his husband and whinning at him for not calling.

 

“Maybe you can call him after office hour as Myungsoo said they will have meeting and discussion all day.” Byunhyun remembered what his fiance said.

 

Few more minutes then Byunghuun done with his cooking. Woohyun helped Byunghun to prepare their table. Since only the two of them, they did not have to prepare the whole table. Just necessary things to be used by them. While eating, Woohyun and Byunghun had a small conversation. Nothing much just some updates about themselves. Most of it was Byunghun asking tips on marriage life.

 

“How is my nephew doing now?”

 

“He is doing great. Sometimes I wish I could give birth to him sooner.” Woohyun whined. Byunghun just laughed.

 

“Why hyung?”

 

“He always wake up in the middle of night and get very active. Only Sunggyu can calm him down.”

 

Since the due was getting closer, Woohyun started to experience slight contraction or discomfort. On top of it, the baby was only giving hardd time to Woohyun. He will get very active not sleeping all day just to play with him. Not only squirming inside, the baby was kicking Woohyun sometimes too hard until Woohyun cried.

 

Byunghun squirmed in his seat. He just looked restless and Woohyun noticed this. Was he feeling unwell? “Are okay Byunghun?”

 

“I am fine. Why hyung?” He smiled sheepishly, got embarrass suddenly. Well, actually he did has something to say but he was just too shy to speak up.

 

And of course Woohyun was not buying his excuse. “You look like have something to say. What is about?” He put down the chopstick and focused on the man.

 

“Ah… Nothing hyung. Here has some more vegetables, it’s good for you.” Come on! Byunghun was trying to advert this subject. He just could not afford to say.

 

“Lee Byunghun.” Check and mate. His future brother in law really know how to corner people.

 

Byunghun was buying his time. He took several glance at Woohyun on the opposite. Under the table, his fingers were fidgeting very nervous to speak. How he should arrange his words so that his future brother in law will understand him. The question is quite ermm you know. To put it easy, Byunghun was shy.

 

“No hyung, it just I suddenly had a stupid question. I ermm, I don’t know who to ask. But I am too shy to bring up this matter?” Finally he confessed.

 

“What is it?” Woohyun took a bite of his food before returned back his focus on Byunghun. And just suddenly the bulb in his head light up. A suggestive smirk hung on the corner of his lips.

 

“Are you perhaps, thinking about first night?” Bingo! Oh God! For heaven sake now, Byunghun wished that he could bury himself deep under the ground. His face already resembled a bright red chilli.

 

Woohyun could not help but to laugh at the poor boy. This was so funny. Who could imagine this innocent looking boy actually had a thought about it. He was not even married yet. But Woohyun understand him. Whoever be in the place must had the same feeling. Even until now he was still shy whenever Sunggyu asked for that.

 

“Hyung! Stop laughing. I am serious here.” A long whine came from Byunghun.

 

“I’ sorry. No, it just... erm… like, suddenly?”

 

Byunghun crossed his arm and pushed back his body to the chair. He had a long visible pout on his face. That was why he refused to bring up this topic. He just embarassing himself. Blame his own curiousity. Now his Woohyun hyung could not stop laughing.

 

And finally after some minutes Woohyun could control his laugh. He was back to serious mode. As a married man and about the same age as Byunghun, Woohyun thought that maybe he could give some advice. Byunghun could never ask Mommy. That will be more embarassing. And Woohyun understand because of the generation gap.

 

“Let hyung tell you the key.” Woohyun leaned foreard with both arm folded on the table. “Just trust him and let your body take control. Believe me, time will do the rest.”

 

“But aren’t you feel shy hyung? The man is someone you don’t know.”

 

A chuckle escaped from Woohyun. “That man is your husband. Trust me, your body will recognize your husband. Just relax.”

 

What a topic actually. Hope this will help Byunghun to relax. Until the time come, the body will react without even you even realize. Take it slow. Byunghun just nervous as before this he never engaged in any relationship. Myungsoo was the first one. Of course he will be nervous for every little thing. And first night was every married couple hot topic.

 

—-

 

After their lunch, Woohyun helped Byunghun to clean the living room. Although Byunghun asked him just to sit but Woohyun insisted to help. At last he got to sweep the floor and took off the cushion clothes. The rest will be Byunghun task. He was afraid if anything will be happen to Woohyun. No one was around and Byunghun afraid Sunggyu might put the blame on him.

 

Woohyun was relaxing on the couch while watching a documentary when Byunghun came. He moved his legs to give a room for Byunghun to sit. Looked like the boy just took a quick shower. His bang was a bit damp.

 

“Hyung, just now Myungsoo called me. Sunggyu hyung was so worried because you did not pick up his call.”

 

Hearing his husband name, Woohyun shoot up straight. He knocked softly his crown. How can he forgot about it. He planned to call his husband after he washed up earlier but he totally forgot. He did not even spare a minute to check his phone. He swore to God, he was totally forgot.

 

Without wasting any time and made Sunggyu more worry, Woohyun excused himself to his room. Before Sunggyu took the earliest flight back to Korea, Woohyun better be hurry to call him back. He could not help but to feel giddy finally got to talk to his husband for a while. Pregnancy hormone did turned Woohyun to become clingy and spoiled.

 

He quickly pressed Sunggyu’s quick dial and wait for the line to be connected. Less than a second, he was connected. A wide smile appeared on his cute face. His husband bass tone was enough to turn his cheeks into crimson red.

 

“Why did you not pick up my call Nam Woohyun.” Almost immediately the smile just now form, disappeard. Judging from the tone used by Sunggyu, Woohyun was sure his husband was mad. He even called his full name.

 

There was a short silence between them. Sunggyu on the other side was dead worry when he could not reach Woohyun. Right after their meeting ended, Sunggyu right away pulled out his phone and dialled for Woohyun. After severy try he still could not connected while Byunghun got to talk to Byunghun twice.

 

“I am so sorry. I left my phone in the room.” A long sighed could be heard on the other line. Woohyun bit his lips to push back the threatening tears.

 

Sunggyu shutted his eyes and pinched his nose bridge. He tried to calm his anger. Being mad was not the solution. It will only worsen the situation. Separated by thousand miles was already a torture to both of them. Sunggyu did not want to stress his wife. This time he will let this slip. Only this time.

 

“It’s okay, I am not mad at you, Woo. Sorry if I’m scaring you.” Woohyun finally got back his smile after hearing his husband soft voice.

 

“Forget about that, how are you? Everything good there?”

 

“So far everyhing went smooth. I am fine so do Myungsoo. How about you and my little princess?”

 

“We are doing great. It is just, we miss you.” A soft shade of rose pink reappeared on both of Woohyun’s cheeks. The shade gradually became darker after he heard Sunggyu chuckled on the other side. Woohyun confirmed Sunggyu must be smirking now.

 

“Stop being so cute my dear. I’m afraid I would take the earliest flight back.”

 

“Finish your work faster so that you can return to me sooner. Promise you won’t extand the date or I will be sulking for real.”

 

How Sunggyu wished he was with his wife now. He totally can imagined his wife puffed cheeks and cute pout when he said that. Ahh, he missed that squishy cheeks and was longing to kiss the plump lips. This business trip was really a torture. He never hate his work as much as now.

 

“I promise my dear. Stay healthy okay. Now can you bring the phone to our baby?”

 

Woohyun followed his husband request. The phone now near to his bump. He could feel his baby started to squirm inside him even before his father greet him. Looks like theor baby was missing his father just like him. Woohyun chuckled. He softly caressed his bump while hearing to his husband voice.

 

“Hello princess, this is Papa. Sorry Papa cannot hug you to sleep like usual. But Papa promise to come home fast. Before that can my beautiful princess promise one thing to me? Please don’t give Mama hard time. Papa is not there to help him.”

 

A kick could be felt on the left side. Woohyun winced at the slight pain and rubbed the spot. This baby will be Daddy’s boy for sure. Whenever he heard his father voice, he will become excited. And only his father voice can calm him down.

 

“Hello Woo, are you still there?” Sunggyu called out his wife name after he received no reply from the latter.

 

“Sorry I got drifted away. What did you say?”

 

“Take care of yourself and our baby. I got to go now to have a meal with the investor. Please pick my call if I call you again.”

 

“Alright, take care too. Give your body a rest. Don’t work too hard.”

 

The call ended with Woohyun’s I Love You. Of course he hung up first without bother to wait for his husband reply. It took a lot of courage for Woohyun to say those magical words. While he did not know what his magic spell had done to the person in Japan. Sunggyu was smiling from his room until to the restaurant they went. Even the whole table noticed the extra bright smile from him.

 

“Wait until I get back my dear. It in not even 24 hours yet but I’m already missing you.”

 

And Sunggyu was not the only one missing his other half. As much as Sunggyu, Woohyun also cannot wait for his husband to return home. He already imagined being attack with hugs kisses right after his husband saw him. Well, he a bit anticipated it. Even though he was shy to initiate those kind of thing, but Woohyun never once complain. Woohyun missed his dear husband so much.