Chapter 31

Seeking for Love

Their morning were greeted with naughty whistle from the staffs. Since the couple arrived at the office 10 minutes before, the staffs have been teasing them non stop. They surely enjoyed seeing their boss and his PA blushing like a ripe tomato.

“Enough. Continue your work back.” Sunggyu cleared his voice first before he gave out his command in his usual CEO voice. The staffs stumbled on their feet returning to their respective seat after they listen to the command. They knew to not piss off their boss.

“Woohyun, come.” They walked again heading to Sunggyu room but only managed half way as they heard a familiar voice behind.

“Don’t do anything behind the door! Mind you again this is office not your room!” The owner of the voice was smiling mischievously. Waving his hand innocently to them.

“Lee. Sung. Yeol.” If possible, people might able to see the fuming smoke from Woohyun’s ears. Not only the staff, Sunggyu also scared to see his wife reaction. Both Woohyun’s hand were curled into fist, ready to hit the big mouth if not Sunggyu stopped him.

The said man quickly left the scene clearly tried to avoid getting hit from the angry Woohyun. Hey, he may look fragile and harmless but his hits were great okay! Try getting some, sure you will regret for being born.

 

 

“Ignore him, Woo plus he was just joking.” Sunggyu said as they entered the room. Woohyun straight away went to his desk and placed his bag on it. His hand skilfully pulling one of the fail stacking on his desk and flipped through the pages carefully ignoring Sunggyu advice.

Sunggyu only shook his head on his wife behaviour. He pulled his chair and sat after hung his coat on the back of his chair. Not long after that, Sunggyu’s phone ringing. His brow raised in confusion to see his mother calling him. It was very unusual for her to call at time like this. Maybe related to his father?

“Hello, mom?”

“Hello, son. I just want to inform your father has awake.”

“Really?! Great! I’ll pay a visit during lunch time later with Woohyun.”

“Okay, son. Bye.”

Sunggyu slide off the end button with a smile on his face. The phone was placed back to its origin and now Sunggyu set his attention to Woohyun who wore a confuse face after he saw Sunggyu smiled soon the call ended.

“Who?”

“Mom.”

“What does she want? Anything happen?” Sunggyu smiled went wider at Woohyun’s concern.

“Nothing. Daddy regain his conscious.”

“Really?! Lets go!” Woohyun almost rose from his seat but successfully stopped by Sunggyu.

“Later during lunch break. Right now please bring me the files that I need to sign.”

Woohyun huffed but still listen to the command. He rose from his seat and his back to get the requested files which he has identified day before. With heavy steps he walked to Sunggyu table with stack of file in his hand.

“Don’t pout or I’ll kiss you.” Sunggyu’s playful warned made Woohyun blushed. To cover it, Woohyun smiled at hand him the files.

“Sir, these files need your approval.” Woohyun handed him a few file and stood while waiting for Sunggyu sign them.

After he was done, Sunggyu asked Woohyun to send those files to sales department. Woohyun nodded his head and he was about to pass the door when he heard his name was being called by Sunggyu.

A flying kiss with an almost invisible wink were thrown by Sunggyu to Woohyun causing the latter to giggle at his husband stupid action. He thought the CEO need anything else.

“Focus on your work sir.”

“Don’t be too long! I already miss you!”

 


 

Dr. Ai just finished her check up on Siwon. Right now, he was resting after took his meds. Hyunah pulled the blanket up to his chest but before she could retracted back his hand, Siwon held onto her. He placed the hand slowly on his chest. The tears flowing did not go unnoticed by Hyunah. She panic.

“Yeobo, why are crying? Are you somehow hurt anywhere? Need me to call Dr. Ai?” Hyuna asked the question in one breathe while she was inspecting any possible cut went unnoticed by Dr. Ai on Siwon body.

“Relax. I’m okay just a bit emotional.”

Hyunah breathed out a relief but she still curious why her husband crying. She did not ask Siwon directly, she gave some time for him to build his courage before he shared to her. The rolling tears were wiped gently by Hyunah slender finger and replaced with a kiss. The sobs got louder, Hyunah hugged his husband upper body and whispered his sweet nothing. After some minutes, the cries subside and Siwon looked more calmer now.

“Shh… I’m here, yeobo if you want to talk.”

Siwon hardly suppressed his sobs and hid his face on the crook neck of Hyunah. The calming scent of his wife help him to calm a bit. But, silent tears still rolling down his cheeks.

The reason behind his tears was he suddenly feeling nostalgic when he saw his wife face. All his harsh action on his family were played behind his eyes. He never treat his wife nicely before and Sunggyu, his other son. He still remember the cruel decision he made for Sunggyu just to cover his favourite son fault. His son-in-law, Woohyun, he always knew Woohyun was innocence but because of he afraid to face the reality and ruined his good name, Siwon denied him.

All he see was only Kim Myungsoo. Say anything, money, love, attention, all he gave to L. The unfair treatment of him brought a big gap between Kim Myungsoo and his older twin, Kim Sunggyu. Since there were kids, Sunggyu never get what he want and never has the chance to make his own decision. Siwon responsible on deciding Sunggyu’s life. He turned his son to a puppet.

Hyunah. She always there besides him through his ups and downs, but he failed to notice it.

He neglected his own wife only to chase wealth and name. He was blinded with those until he forget that he has a family and slowly turned him to a jerk. Poor people are always low and like to take advantage on rich people in Siwon’s eyes. That was why he strongly opposed to have Woohyun as his son-in-law. He decided to make the boy life suffer.

“Mianhae, Hyunah. I ignored you, I ignored our family. I failed as a husband and a father.”

Hyunah froze in her place. Was she listen it right? Her ears were not trick her, right? Hyunah startled when Siwon called out her name. She looked down on his chest to meet a pair of Siwon’s sad eyes, looking at her questioningly. A thumb caressed her cheeks which succeed in breaking her tears.

“Yeobo, I always forgive you and prays for you to change. And finally God heard my prays.”

“Forgive me, Hyunah. I know forgiveness will not change the past, but please give me another chance to lead this family again?” Now they were sitting facing each other while holding hand, gazing lovingly into each other eyes. Hyunah lowered her head to breathe in some air before she nodded to Siwon’s request.

Smile cannot help but stretched the lips wider after he saw Hyunah nodding. His arms involuntary brought the slim figure of his wife into his embrace. How he missed the moment he has this warmth in his arms. How long has it been? He, himself could not guess out.

“I love you.” Hyunah confessed as he hug his husband tighter.

“Nado saranghae.”

 

 

Hyunah passed the peeled and cut apple to Siwon. She placed the plate on the table as she went to the toilet to wash her hand and the knife. Just in a blink of eyes, the apples disappear into Siwon mouth and safely reached his stomach.

“Sunggyu will come later.” Hyunah started the conversation as she settled on the chair beside the bed. Upon hearing that, Siwon tilted his head to the side.

“What if he hate me?” Siwon asked in small voice. He played with the hem of his hospital gown to ease the tension slowly built up in his body. He was shamed to face Sunggyu after what he did.

“He won’t. He is a good son.” Hyunah tried to make Siwon think positively. But, she knew, Sunggyu will never do that. Even after his father did, he still respect the elder as his father.

“How do you know?”

“Because he is Kim Sunggyu.”

Siwon gave her his most confuse face. What did it mean? Siwon could not connect the relation.

“You sure missed a lot your other son growth. If you want to know our Kim Sunggyu is a filial son. He obeyed your request without any protest. When I asked why, he said this is your way showing your affection and love to him and he gladly accepted it. Even L treated him coldly, but he love his younger twin so much.”

After hearing that, Siwon could not almost believe it. He thought Sunggyu will accepted it negatively like other if they were in Sunggyu place. But, he was totally wronged. Sunggyu took it as his way of showing affection instead of rebel.

“He is?”

“Yes. That is why I said he will never hate you. He loves you.”

“Knock..knock..”

The knocking sound made Hyunah and Siwon to turn their head synchronously to the door. Two figures in office attire walked in and headed to his bed. Siwon suddenly felt nervous when he accidental making an eye contact with Sunggyu but his son gave him a smile.

“Dad, how are you?” Siwon lowered his gaze to Sunggyu’s hand. His son offered him a handshake.

With much force, Siwon grabbed his son hand and nodded his head. His mouth still cannot form any words, like it has been glued. He then saw the smaller man behind Sunggyu moved forward and bowed to him.

“How are you, Mr. Kim.” Instead of calling Siwon dad like his husband told him to do so, Woohyun preferred addressing him with the formalities. He was afraid if the the old man angry at him. He did not want to make Siwon more sicker.

Hyunah just stand silently at his husband side, not uttering any word as she was giving a little time to them to reflect each other. The longing gaze from Siwon made Hyunah confident with her gut. If her gut telling her the truth, she can get back her family.

“Dad. Call me dad.”

Silence engulfed the whole room after Siwon said that. The trio was real shocked mostly Woohyun. The very same person who determined to make his life suffer was now much differ from before. What makes him more shock was he asked him to call him dad. Dad. The most hated word to Siwon’s ears when he called him that.

 

“Who are you to call me dad?! I ask you again! WHO ARE YOU?!!”

“I’m sorry, Mr. Kim.” Woohyun hung his head lower in embarrassment. Siwon was really angry. He did not has courage to bring his eyes in the same level with Siwon.

“You have no right on that and will never be! I forbid you from calling me that, understand!!”

“Nn..Ne, Mr. Kim.”

 

 

“Woo..” Sunggyu nudged his wife side to pull him from his thought. The sudden touch on him made Woohyun slightly startled.

“Sorry, I’m lost.” Woohyun flashed them an awkward smile to cover his embarrassment. He could feel Sunggyu boring his gaze from his side but he shrugged it. Sunggyu must be thinking what was playing in his mind.

The paper bag in his hand remind Woohyun again to give it to Siwon. With confidence became his companion, Woohyun managed his steps to Siwon and stopped barely beside his bed.

“I bought Mr. Kim some apples. Mommy said you like it.” Woohyun said carefully not wanting to press the wrong button. He stretched out his hand with the paper bag to Siwon, waiting for him to take it which was almost forever to Woohyun. Cold sweats started to formed on his temple.

“Was he angry?”

Siwon wrapped his fingers around Woohyun’s stretched wrist and look deeply into his eyes. Woohyun was close to hyperventilating when his eyes met Siwon’s but its suddenly vanished as he noticed the sad looks in him. If his eyes were not playing trick, he also saw some tears gathered inside it.

“Forgive me Woohyun. Forgive me for what I have done to you.” Siwon stopped a while to catch his breathe in between his sobs.

“I know my actions don’t deserve your forgiveness. But please, Woohyun I’ begging to you. Please forgive me.” Siwon threw away his status and power just to beg a forgiveness from Woohyun. His sin was too big on him. He afraid if he die before he could seek his forgiveness.

No words formed from Woohyun’s mouth. His body stood there with emptiness. Forgiveness? Was that word finally appeared in Siwon’s dictionary? Hyunah and Sunggyu watchind them restlessly. Both Siwon and Woohyun were silent, only their sobs can be heard. Sunggyu wanted to interfere, but he afraid it will disturb them. He let Woohyun to think rationally before he made any decision. He trusted Woohyun.

“It was really hard for me to stand alone after everything happen. If I could turn back time, I wished I never meet Kims. I carried my ’s child and forced into a marriage. My eomma died after she fell sick. Then I lost my baby without having chance to hold him/her. And it does not end there. You separate me with my husband without breaking the bond.”

Sunggyu was about to reach Woohyun, but Hyunah held him, mouthing “Do not disturb them. Let Woohyun told his inner feeling.”. Sunggyu reluctantly obeyed his mother words and stay remain although his heart begging him to embrace his wife who was crying heavily now.

“After years, we are fated to meet again. And another pain episode start over. L came when we start to open up and the worst is you decided it was the best time to make Sunggyu misunderstand and doubt my honesty and love. You separate us again when we just learn the meaning of love.”

Woohyun wiped his running tears with the heals of his palm. All the burdens he carried before this were finally lifted from his shoulder. Relived.

“But eomma always told me to forgive people if you want a blessed life.” Woohyun was now has stopped crying.

“I forgive you, dad.”

Shock and overwhelmed. That were the best words to describe Siwon feeling right now after Woohyun calling him dad. He thought Woohyun will hate him and not forgive him. After he witness how broken down Woohyun was, he knew he was too cruel on the poor innocence soul.

He pushed his weak body closer to Woohyun and tightly hugged him, repeating he was sorry over and over again. The heart touching scene were really moved Hyunah’s and Sunggyu’s heart. Sunggyu blinked away his tears and joined the hug, pulling along his mother to complete the family hug.

“If only Myungsoo is here, the Kim is completed.”

 

 

 

First of all I would like to apologize for the false update yesterday and here I give you guys the real chapter to enjoy. Jeongmal mianhae...

So how the story going? Siwon has changed and more fluffy Woogyu^^