Chapter 49

Seeking for Love

Without realizing, today had been four days after Woohyun went missing. Investigation was still going to the find Woohyun and the culprit. Every day passes brought disappointment to the family as Woohyun had not still come back to their side yet. The most despair person must be no other, Kim Sunggyu. Everyday when Sunggyu opened his eyes in the morning he silently hoped he can find smiling Woohyun beside him.

 

Blame the uncertain waiting, everyone patience was getting thinner. Sunggyu almost vent his frustration to the officers if his mother was not holding him back to calm her son. Time was ticking. Woohyun safety was the major concern. Adding Woohyun’s due was just around the corner, fast action should be taken.

 

This was a killing weekend for Sunggyu. This was the first time he spent his weekend without Woohyun. Usually at this time Sunggyu will be spending his time with Woohyun on their bed, cuddling or just hugging until the clock turned its digit to 10 or 11 in the morning. Then the couple decided to leave the bed to have their brunch.

 

Sunggyu aimlessly changed the channel to kill his boredom. After a few channel, Sunggyu decided to shut the rectangular box and tossed the remote onto the coffee table in front him.

 

Since the day Woohyun went missing, after Sunggyu finished his work he will spend his time looking for Woohyun. He went to all possible places Woohyun might has been either with him or alone. Luck was not on his side after he found no traces of Woohyun there.

 

Doing nothing for some minutes really killing Sunggyu slowly. So, instead of waiting, Sunggyu thought it will be better if he used this time to look for Woohyun, after making up his mind, Sunggyu went upstairs to their shared room to change his cloth.

 

Sunggyu decided to return back to their home after two days staying over at his parent house. At first Siwon and Hyunah of course were reluctant to let his son to stay on his own, thinking Sunggyu was still emotionally unstable. But Sunggyu managed to convince them he will be alright staying on his own. For him, better to be at their home than parents’.

 

---

 

Again another wave of pain attacked Woohyun lower belly. He was doing his private business when the pain suddenly struck and caused his belly cramped. The pain was unbearable. Tears were rolling down along with sweats as Woohyun was clenching hard his shirt hem to hold back the pain. A series of moan slipped from Woohyun lips when the pain became more unbearable.

 

“Nghhh! Sunggyu I need you.” Uttered Woohyun in between his moans. His hand s under his belly to massage the spot with hope it will at least lessen the pain.

 

“Please baby give Mama some time. I cannot give birth to you here.”

 

More tears were coming. Woohyun’s body now drenched with heavy sweats. His breathe has gotten heavier every second. He wanted to shout for help but he knew no one will hear him. He was locked in nowhere with someone Woohyun believed was not from this area. Kibum will never bring him to his house and locked him there. That will make police job much easier.

 

“Darling?”

 

Woohyun lifted his head to the door. Kibum was here. He can ask Kibum to bring him to the hospital. He believed Kibum will agree with him because he loves him too much.

 

“Just come in.” Woohyun managed to make a full sentence despite his pain. His breathe hitched when the door was slowly being opened from outside and Kibum face was peeking to the inside.

 

Kibum eyes doubled in size when he saw Woohyun state. His feet quickly approached Woohyun and stopped his body beside the pregnant man. Panic rush attacked Kibum nervous system which almost made him hyperventilate. What should he do? He cannot bring Woohyun to the hospital. Police can trace their hideout.

 

“What is wrong with you?”

 

“Can you bring me to hospital? I think I am about to deliver this baby. Maybe not today, but I believe in these couple days.” Woohyun tried his best to explain at Kibum. He was praying in his heart Kibum will agree with him and bring him faster.

 

Woohyun explanation succeed made Kibum’s soul to left his body. His skin colour drastically turned paler with every words said by Woohyun. Hell no way he would bring Woohyun to hospital! That was like surrender to the police. And obviously Kibum did not want that.

 

Kibum thought for a while before he made a decision.

 

He already made up his mind.

 

His hand harshly pulled Woohyun to stand on his feet despite the other man constant beg before he dragged him from the toilet bowl. Without mercy, Kibum pushed the poor man onto the mattress and climbed over his body.

 

“You are hurting me Kibum!” Woohyun yelled. He was using all his strength left, with both his arms being locked above his head to fight the other male. Another yelped echoed in the room when Woohyun felt his belly was pressed rather harshly.

 

Kibum was hovering Woohyun with one of his leg in between Woohyun parted legs. He ignored the yelling and begging from the male. Both of Woohyun legs were tossing around trying to release himself. A satisfying smirk curved on Kibum’s red lips when he felt a hard kick along with vigorous movement underneath him. Purposely, he pressed him body harder on Woohyun and grinned like an evil when he listen to Woohyun heavy whimper of pain.

 

“Kibum please,” Begged Woohyun. The pain was really killing him. Was Kibum trying to kill him?

 

Kibum’s eyes bore into Woohyun teary orbs. Seeing the other was crying in pain brought another sensation to Kibum. He could feel his manhood harden every time Woohyun let out his moan. Kibum could not tear away his gaze from Woohyun luscious lips as the pair of soft meat opened and closed, begging to him. Lust just took over Kibum mind.

 

He closed their distance until their lips were brushed against each other. His hot breath kissed Woohyun’s trembled lips made the latter tilted his head away from Kibum. Woohyun could sense that Kibum was not the usual Kibum. His eyes only reflected lust.

 

“Hyunie,” Kibum heavy voice echoed in Woohyun ears. The man lips nibbled his ear playfully.

 

“No! Don’t tell me!”

 

Woohyun ignored his pain and trashed harder to free himself from the evil grip. He would never let his body being ravished by other man besides his husband. He had his pride and dignity.

 

Plakk!

 

One hard slap hit Woohyun cheek. Automatically his body froze with no reaction. He could feel Kibum’s fingers were tracing his exposed neck and went further to his collarbone. Fear controlling his system. He could do nothing to stop Kibum. His whole body had been locked by him. The only thing he can do right now was only praying to God Kibum would stop his action.

 

 

“Beautiful. y.” Kibum mind spoke as his eyes trailing Woohyun face. Even he was heavily pregnant now, it did not affect his iness. And that only add more lust to Kibum when his eyes fall onto the bump. The round bump added more y feature to Woohyun.

 

“You are so y Hyunie. Your scent intoxicated me, screaming me to take you over and over.” He ran his hand on Woohyun face before he brought to rest on top of Woohyun bump. “Look at this bump. So y.”

 

“Please Kibum. Don’t do this.” Woohyun pleaded to Kibum. His tears were still flowing like a waterfall.

 

Unfortunate for him, Kibum ignored his pleading. He was still touching Woohyun inappropriately here and there. Woohyun closed his eyes and left the rest to God. He hope God will hear his pleading and save him.

 

Incoming call

 

Woohyun finally let out his breathe after he heard Kibum’s ringtone. He brought his head to face Kibum who stopped in the middle of what he did. Annoyance clearly displayed on Kibum face.

 

“You are not going anywhere. I don’t care what happen to you but you are not going anywhere from here. You can have your baby here, I don’t care.”

 

Reluctantly Kibum left the bed left a dumbfounded Woohyun behind. His hand reached his phone at the back pocket before he left the room. Woohyun blinked away his crystal liquid as he heard the click sound behind the door, Kibum locked the door. Thankfully the pain had subsided, only left with some flutter movement under his skin.

 

With the remaining energy left, Woohyun pushed his body to rest his back against the bedrest. Kibum bold action just now really brought major fear to Woohyun. Luck was on his side today after God granted his pray. But after this Woohyun was not sure if he can survive or not the day after.

 

He cannot imagine how he will face Sunggyu if Kibum really did ‘that’ thing to him. Even if Sunggyu said he will accept him no matter who he was or his past, but still Woohyun cannot bare to face him.

 

“Save me, Gyu. Please come fast.”

---

 

The playground was filled with many kids and toddler who were enjoying their childhood playing with their sibling or new friends. Parents can be see standing nearby their child and some of them were sitting on the bench while waiting for them to finish their playtime. The bright ray from the sun failed to kill their adrenaline. They were mostly smiling and laughing until their heart content.

 

The beautiful scene on the late evening managed to be captured by Sunggyu’s eyes as the older man was sitting in a café behind a wide clear glass. The corner of his lips stretched by itself when Sunggyu fixed his focus to the bunch of ray of sunshine. Those innocence creature were really bright and never fail to make people around them to fall even more to them.

 

Pulling back Sunggyu to his reality, the older man realized he still had not find his wife yet. He once had a thought of bringing his little kids to playground with his Woohyun, walking hand in hand like one happy family. With him pushing his toddler on her swing, gently increase the speed and earned himself a loud giggled of his daughter screaming to her Papa to stop. And an image of Woohyun coming to them with a clear worried face, scolding Sunggyu because he can make their baby fell and hurt.

 

The rectangular black smartphone then held by Sunggyu in his palm. His thumb caressed the background picture of his phone. That was a picture of Woohyun when he was sleeping. The photo was taken by Sunggyu during their first time be in bed together, not after their wedding. The fateful night where he forced Woohyun to ‘sleep’ with him. He secretly took that photo after Woohyun fell into his deep sleep.

 

His teary face slowly invaded Sunggyu memory. He put all the blamed on himself, how selfish his was at that time until he stepped on Woohyun pride and dignity. Sunggyu was disgusted at himself. How Woohyun still can accept him after what he did. He was even more disgusting than Myungsoo. He was his husband. And a husband should not do that to his wife. Woohyun was not a . He should be treated like he was an angel. He deserved a kind treatment and unconditional love.

 

The longer Sunggyu stared at the picture, the more the pain he felt in his heart. Drop by drop tears fell onto the screen. Sunggyu cannot hold the heavy emotion attacking him. He missed his other half so much. He had been searching for him everywhere. But still Woohyun was nowhere to be found.

 

A loud chiming sound of the bell made Sunggyu to turn his head to the source. And right the moment his head turned to the direction, Sunggyu could not believe his eyes. A very familiar figure who he had not see for a quite time came entering the café, straightaway to the cashier. His eyes followed every steps taken by the figure until it took a seat at a vacant table while waiting for the order.

 

Soyou!

 

Shock. Sunggyu could not hide that. As far he remember, Soyou told him that she will move to State to continue her life. The reason she have was because South Korea brought too much bitter memory to her. She wanted to start over with a new life at a new place.

 

That was not the issue actually. The main reason now, why would Soyou was here now when she was supposed to be in State. Was she had another agenda?

 

Curiosity took over Sunggyu. He observed her action and behaviour from a far. So far he did not find any unusual behaviour from her but always not to judge book by its cover.

 

In a minute after, Sunggyu left his seat silently and exit the café. He got into his car and waited for Soyou to come out. He wanted to follow her. Maybe she knew something about Woohyun. They had a history before. It made enough reason for her to kidnap Woohyun.

 

 

The almost an hour journey made Sunggyu assumption grew stronger. Buildings and urban scenery were getting faded. He looked through rear view mirror to see the faded image of urban view had gotten smaller before they completely vanished and replaced with green trees alongside of the road. He was heading to suburban area.

 

Soyou turned to the right when they reached a three junction. About 300 meters straight, before she turned another right and finally she stopped at small cabin near the main road. Sunggyu stopped his car a few meter away from the small path to the cabin. He rolled down the window on the passenger seat to get a clear view more on Soyou.

 

She was getting all the thing in her car and headed inside the cabin before she came out again to take the remaining things and locked the car. She then disappeared behind the wooden door.

 

Sunggyu undid his seatbelt and loaded off from his car. His legs brought him until he stopped right in front of the cabin door. Without hesitate, Sunggyu knocked his knuckles on the door until it was opened. A shocked Soyou first greeted Sunggyu after the door was opened. A smirked developed on Sunggyu face as a greeting to Soyou.

 

“Sunggyu?” A hint of surprise laced in Soyou voice. She could not believe her eyes. “What are you doing here? How do you know I am here?” Question after question threw by Soyou, but all of them were not answered.

 

“Where is Woohyun?” A very straight forward question from Sunggyu startled Soyou.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“You know I don’t like people play fool right?” Sunggyu voice lowered. He was threatening her. “Now tell me where do you hide Woohyun?”

 

Confusion wrote all over Soyou face. She did not understand any single thing. Woohyun? She knew about the unfortunate news when he landed on Korea two days ago. But she was not responsible for his missing. And why did she do that?

 

“Look Kim Sunggyu. I just came to Korea two days ago and that was when I heard about that unfortunate news. I am sorry to hear that, I was shocked when I hear that.” Soyou hugged her torso while explaining to Sunggyu. She was totally annoyed at Sunggyu rude behaviour when he suddenly came to her cabin, uninvited then asked her about Woohyun when she obviously had no idea about it.

 

Sunggyu cold piercing gaze stabbed into Soyou confidence one. He was trying to find any lie behind those crystal clears but he can only found truth. Her pupils were not dilated nor shaking. She had his eyes all over the time on him while speaking. Soyou might telling him the truth.

 

“Then why are you here? Is not you are supposed in States?”

 

Soyou chuckled when she head Sunggyu stupid question. “Am I not allow to have a vacation in my homeland, Kim Sunggyu?

 

“The timing is right with the incident. And you have a bad past also with him. So, don’t get me wrong if I suspected you.”

 

Soyou rolled her eyes on Sunggyu nonsense claim. She fixed his gazed later on Sunggyu doubted eyes. She could not blame him overall. He had a point.

 

“And tell me why I need to do that?”

 

Sunggyu smirked. “Simple, you want me. But to have me, you need to make Woohyun disappear first.” “Am I right?”

 

Her blood boiled. With Sunggyu cold face, Soyou felt like to slap him hard with her high heels. Did he really think she would do that stupid thing? Hell no! Soyou had changed. She swore to herself to find a better man than Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu smirked in triumph when he saw Soyou red face. He knew Soyou must being holding back her anger. “Speak up or I call police now.”

 

“If I am that desperate, I should have kill him in the first place so that I can have you all to myself.” She closed their distance until she was barely in front of him. “Obviously I will not make my job more complicated kidnap him when he was in his last trimester. That would only make my job harder.”

 

Sunggyu kept his silence. Soyou was right. She was the type that what she want, she will get it no matter what. If she was that desperate, Woohyun must has been harmed since before. But Soyou only confronted him and never included anything may lead to fatal.

 

“Am I make myself clear, Kim? Or you still insist me the culprit?”

 

“Then who?”

 

She leaned her body against the door frame. “How should I know. I am not the only one who is after your love. Many people out there are dying to be at Woohyun place.”

 

Sunggyu had to agree with her again. He had found numbers of men and women who were dying to have his heart. But all of them as far he remembered, never get closer to him like how Soyou got. They were mostly adore him from afar.

 

He did the same action like Soyou but he leaned his body against the wall instead. His mind was trying hard to think anyone who would possibly do that. His client? He always declined their inappropriate offer in a polite manner. And his client never pushed him over his limit. They knew Sunggyu very well. Then who?

 

Soyou just watched Sunggyu in silence. Looking at his despair face made her wanted to help him to loosen up a bit. But she was afraid if Sunggyu will take her idea in a wrong way. Yes before she was head over heels of Sunggyu, but not now. All the romantic feelings had turned to a feeling of a friend.

 

“Try to look on Woohyun side. I believe you only look at me a threat of your marriage. But just to remind you, Woohyun is also a human. He has feeling. It either he fall for someone, or people is captured by his beauty and kindness. I advice you try to look on that side. I hope you will find something”

 

---

 

Tonight the sky was accompanied with twinkling stars. The clock hour hand was on 11 when Sunggyu arrived at his home. His journey all the way to suburban to meet Soyou brought a lot of question to his own mind. His prime suspect was Soyou since the start but he did not tell the police because he thought that Soyou was not in Korea at that time.

 

All the time when he confronted her, Soyou was telling him only truth. He cannot find any trace of lie hinted behind his words. Besides, all what she said were make sense. She would actually finished Woohyun instead of kidnap him with him in his last trimester. That will only brought more trouble.

 

But the only remain in his head, ringing continuously after their meeting was Soyou last words.

 

“I advice you try to look on that side.”

 

What did she mean by that? What side? Why would she asked him to look from Woohyun side? And what did she mean by Woohyun also had a feeling. All the time he was fully aware his Woohyun was a human and of course as a human, Woohyun developed many kind of feeling to express his moods and words. And his love to Woohyun was mutual. Woohyun loves him just like how he loves him.

 

For the five years the separated, Sunggyu remembered Woohyun did not tell him anything related about him dating someone. The only thing he knew was Howon had developed a one sided feeling to Woohyun but sadly was rejected by his wife because Woohyun was still tied to him as his wife.

 

“Then who?” Sunggyu ruffled his hair in frustration. Too much unanswered question flooding his mind right now. He barely connected any dots to solve this.

 

“His past?” Sunggyu closed his eyes, trying to figure out something.

 

“Come on Sunggyu, think harder!”

 

Come on!

 

And shoot! Suddenly a bulb lighted up in Sunggyu head. All the dots were connected. He finally could figure out the answer.

 

“Woohyun ex-boyfriend was Kibum, right? If I am at his place, I would be angry at my boyfriend for marrying another guy.”

 

But Sunggyu then became unsure with his answer. Kibum never do anything may harm Woohyun. In fact, after they were separated, Woohyun did not seeing Kibum anymore. The only time Woohyun bumped onto Kibum were time when him and Sunggyu were having their breakfast at cafeteria. And second time was when him and Woohyun had a big fight. Kibum accidentally bumped onto Woohyun where the latter was crying inside his car. But Woohyun quickly ended their conversation and took his leave.

 

Before Sunggyu forgot, Kibum did met him in his office during Woohyun short missing. And at that time Sunggyu decided to explain everything to him. But Sunggyu did not receive any counter back or disagreement after he explained. Kibum looked calm all the time. Moreover, since Kibum and Woohyun met, Kibum did not showing any romantic action to Woohyun.

 

“What if he…” Sunggyu could not continue his words after he got all the pieces. He was right! Kibum might be behind this.

 

Sunggyu remembered Kibum once said he still love Woohyun. And if he still develop that feeling, this was not impossible. Love can turn anyone to a different person. And judging from his personality, Kibum was a persistent man. He had a strong confidence level. He will get what he want, he will claim what was supposed to be his.

 

Yes, Sunggyu was right!

 

Without wasting the time any longer, Sunggyu reached out his phone on the nightstand and dialled for the inspector in-charge for this case. He said to call him anytime if him or his family member got any clues which can help to solve this case.

 

Restlessly Sunggyu waited the person on the other line to pick up his phone. After the fourth ring, the line was connected. A calm voice spoke before Sunggyu.

 

“Yes Sunggyu-shi. Is there anything I can help?”

 

“I know who is behind this, Inspector.” Sunggyu believed in himself. “It was Kim Kibum, my wife ex-boyfriend.”

 

“Alright Sunggyu-shi. Can you please come to station tomorrow? We need to discuss this and start to investigate him.”

 

“I will Inspector. Sorry for disturbing you this late.”

 

“It’s okay Sunggyu-shi, I understand. Your wife life is the main priority now.”

 

“Thank you, Inspector.”

 

 

After he hung up with Sunggyu, Inspector Yoon sent a notification where an emergency meeting will be held in 30 minute to his team. He rushed to changed his pyjama into smart casual attire before he left his house to the office. This new information might solved this case.

 

Inspector Yoon was more concerned on Woohyun condition. He was in his last trimester where he could give birth anytime his due date. Adding the stress situation now, Inspector Yoon afraid that will affect both mother and baby. And if it that happen, maybe complication may arise and harm both of them or may be fatal.

 

“Collect all the information about Kim Kibum. The picture I have sent to you guys. We need to captured him sooner, even better if tomorrow.” Inspector Yoon sent a commend to his team. His determined eyes were eager to catch that Kim Kibum guy.

 

“Wait until I get you, Kim Kibum.”

---

 

Woohyun could not sleep this night. He tossed around the bed to find the best position for him to sleep but to no avail. His contraction was killing him. It just start this morning but so far Woohyun had counted, this was his 11th time and it was getting stronger every time it came. The gap between them were getting closer. If his calculation was right his water might broke tomorrow.

 

His back was really killing him. The cramps were not helping at all. Woohyun rubbed his belly in circular motion to calm his baby although he knew that was not needed. His baby was rotating inside his womb, trying to find the way out. Since dusk, his baby was going down to his birth canal. His belly had dropped more than yesterday.

 

“Baby please.” Woohyun begged. He put his arm under his dropped belly and carefully lowered his legs to the floor. He pushed his body out from the bed with one hand on his lower back, massaging the area to lessen the pain when he got up.

 

With limited strength, Woohyun decided to walk a bit around the room to help his baby went down to the birth canal more. Hissed. Moaned. All of them never fail to leave Woohyun’s mouth. Woohyun looked down to his belly and found it had dropped lowered than before. His hand can feel his baby hard head under his belly. Unconditionally, a smile crept up on Woohyun face when he felt his baby head. He will has his baby in his arms sooner.

 

“Are you ready, my love to come out and meet Mama and Papa?” Woohyun lovingly talked with his unborn baby, forgot a while his discomfort. As a cue, the baby answered Woohyun with a light kick under his palm just right at his navel and brought a huge smile to Woohyun.

 

“I take it as yes. Mama and Papa too cannot wait to meet our love.” With tears rolling from both his eyes, Woohyun was really afraid to think what will happen next. “Promise Mama one thing darling, when Mama deliver you, please come out healthy and strong. Because I don’t know until when we can survive.”

 

His baby knew the mother was sad. The strong connection between a mother and his baby made Woohyun’s baby can sense the change in emotion inside Woohyun. The baby wriggled inside the womb to attract Woohyun attention, as a sign of protest because Woohyun was crying.

 

Woohyun got his baby sign. He can read every movement of his baby. He knew his baby wanted him to stop crying. “I’m sorry honey. I got carried away.”

 

He walked back to the bed and carefully lowered his body on the soft mattress. He parted his legs a bit to give some room to his belly to rest in between them. With one hand rested on the mattress, Woohyun leaned his body back. He pulled the shirt on his belly to see his baby movement more clearer. The free hand then playfully poked the visible feet on the top of the belly and caused the baby to turn over.

 

Woohyun was happy as long as his baby was still giving him respond to his stimulate. That showed him his baby was perfectly healthy even though they were not getting a proper treat. For this moment, Woohyun only had his baby to give him spiritual strength to continue his life. Sunggyu never once disappear from Woohyun. He always played their sweet memory if Woohyun felt in despair. Sunggyu was his ultimate strength.

 

“I don’t know if I could make it or not, Gyu. If I don’t, please take care of our child. Please tell our baby everyday Mama loves him. I’m sorry you are not here when the baby is born. Please forgive me Sunggyu.”