Share House

Collections

 

 

"Unit 405... Unit 405..." The doe-eye girl murmured repeatedly to herself as she searches for the correct apartment. In order to make it more convenient for herself to get to school, she moved out from her parents' place to live on her own in the area where her college is located. She managed to find a cheap room after searching around for a week and today, she's moving in. "Ah! 405!"

 

Finally, she found the apartment. The door is opened but the gate is locked, probably to expect her arrival yet to prevent anyone suspicious from coming in. It looks big for someone who's staying alone, but just right for two. Looking around, she starts to feel a little nervous about living together with a stranger. Just when she's about to call out to get the attention of the owner, a tall and slender girl appears from one of the rooms.

 

"You are?" She asked, letting out a yawn.

 

"I-I-Im Yoona...!" The doe-eye girl blurted out nervously.

 

"Ah. The new tenant." The tall girl came over and opened the gate for her immediately, helping her to bring in her luggage. "Your stuff came a while ago. I moved them into your room."

 

"T-T-Thank you... Erm..."

 

"Choi Sooyoung. You can call me whatever you want but don't go all formal with me because it's tiring to do that. House rule is a pain so there's none. Maybe just don't do anything illegal or bring any guys home. The last tenant did that and I kicked her out the next day because her guys are annoying me too much. The duplicate of the house key is in your room, on the dresser. Any problem, you can just ask me." Sooyoung literally chanted all the information without a pause. Yoona had to listen really carefully to get what she's saying. "And one last thing..."

 

At that moment, Yoona felt a hand going around her waist and she finds herself being extremely close to Sooyoung. For an instance, Sooyoung looks so suave, making Yoona shy and nervous.

 

"I'm gay."

 

What?

 

Yoona stares blankly, her mind in complete confusion. Sooyoung smirks as she let the girl go after the girl’s ear playfully, giving the girl much shock. Without giving Yoona a chance to protest, Sooyoung went back to her room and closed the door. The doe-eye girl collapsed as her legs give up on her suddenly as she touches her ear, trying to process whatever that just happened.

 

She didn’t know when but as she regains her senses, Sooyoung is beside her again. She almost screamed in shock but Sooyoung covered .

 

“What are you doing, spacing out in the middle of the room?” Sooyoung sighed. “I told you that not to make your uncomfortable but I just want to be honest about it right from the start. And also, so that you won’t do anything that would make me misunderstand anything.”

 

“A-Ah no… I’m just confused for a moment.” Yoona pulls Sooyoung’s hand away from gently before getting up, bowing as low as she can go. “I-I will be in your care from now on. Please correct me when I do anything wrong. I hope we will get along well.”

 

Sooyoung kept quiet and stared at the girl. Just as Yoona was about to take a peek about what’s the girl is doing, not saying a thing, she felt a warm hand on the top of her head.

 

“I hope so too.” Sooyoung ruffles the girl’s hair and walks off.

 

-----

 

“So you moved in to a place closer to here?” The petite girl asked, looking at her taller friend who is sitting opposite of her as they have their lunch together. The latter nodded, her eyes totally fixated on the food in front of her. Annoyed, the petite girl shifted the food away and the doe-eye girl looks like a sad puppy instantly. “Listen when someone is talking to you, you idiot.”

 

“But… But I am…! I’m only looking at the food but I’m listening…!” The doe-eye girl whined. “Give it back, unnie...”

 

“Tae, why are you bullying this poor little deer?” Just then, the food in the petite girl’s hand disappeared, reappearing on the table instead. Of course, it’s not some magic. A tall figure stood behind the petite girl with a smile. “Yo. I didn’t know you’re from the same school.”

 

“E-E-Ehhhh?!” The doe-eye girl could only exclaim.

 

“Soo, you know this idiot?” Taeyeon asked, moving to make space for the tall girl to sit. Yoona stares blankly, trying to make sense of the situation. Her friend knows her current housemate?

 

“She moved into my place.”

 

“WAIT WHAT?!” Taeyeon literally shot up from her seat, grabbing Sooyoung’s collar instantly. “You. You didn’t do anything, did you? Even though she’s an idiot, you shouldn’t try to do anything to her.”

 

“Hey, hey… What do you view me as? I told her about me already and you can ask her, I didn’t even touch her. I’m not that desperate for a relationship, okay?” Sooyoung removes Taeyeon’s hands from her collar and glances at the doe-eye girl, who is long distracted from the situation in front of her, by the food. “… She’s like me?”

 

“… In this sense, yes.”

 

“Well, she’s cute but don’t worry, I don’t prey on such easy ones. I warned her about doing things that will make me misunderstand her intentions too.” Sooyoung shrugged. “… Well… Unless she…”

 

“... If she doesn’t mind, then I won’t say anything but if I hear any complains from her, you better be prepared to run for your damn life.” Taeyeon warned.

 

“How did th-“

 

“Unnie… Can we eat already…?” Not knowing that the two are having a conversation, Yoona interrupted Sooyoung.

 

“After Soo buys her food. We will start together.”

 

“S-Sooyoung ssi, ple-“ Yoona stops immediately after noticing Sooyoung’s annoyed expression, and returns to her little space, staring at her food blankly. Taeyeon gave the tall girl a kick in her calf instantly, glaring at her.

 

“… I’m not annoyed or anything… But did you forget about what I say yesterday? About how you should address me?” Sooyoung sighed.

 

“Eh… Ah…” Yoona looks like she’s feeling a little better now. “… But…”

 

“No but. I’m going to just sit here and wait until you have an answer. That would mean you can’t eat your food unless you give me an answer, okay?”

 

“E-E-EHHH??!! ERM… ERM…” Yoona became flustered, hearing that she can’t eat until she comes up with something right now. “Soo, wait that’s a little… erm… I-I’m already calling Taeyeon-unnie unnie… It will become confusing if I… erm…”

 

Does she not realize she can just call me Sooyoung… Sooyoung lets out a sigh mentally, as she watches the girl voicing out all her thought process. It’s cute. Really cute. At least for Sooyoung.

 

“Y-Youngie! Eh wait n-“ Yoona blurted out before trying to deny her own idea again.

 

“I like that. I will take that.” Sooyoung interrupted with a grin, walking off to buy her food. Yoona blanked out. She looks at Taeyeon, who shrugged at her.

 

“WAIT. I SAID ALL THAT OUT LOUD?” Yoona made the sudden realization just as Sooyoung came back with her tray of food. Both Taeyeon and Sooyoung stare at her with a shocked expression, before letting out a sigh at the same time, patting the girl without another word and start to dig into their food.

 

-----

 

“Yoong, time to wake up.” The tall girl nudges the younger girl gently. She checked the schedule for the girl and if the girl doesn’t get up now, she’s going to be late for school. As for herself, she doesn’t need to go to school today due to cancellation of the only class she had for the day. “Yoong, wake up or I will make you.”

 

“… Five more minutes…” Yoona groaned as she pulls the blanket over her head, burying herself deeper into the comfort of her bed.

 

“Yoong, last warning.”

 

The doe-eye girl remains still, her breathing slow as before. Sooyoung slides under the blanket immediately and sticks close to the girl, blowing wind into the girl’s ear gently, making the girl look at her sleepily.

 

“So you wanna stay in bed all day?” Sooyoung asked, with a smirk.

 

“… I can?” Yoona replied, half-awake, until she felt her shirt being pulled up slowly. She got up quickly and jumped out of bed, scrambling to the bathroom. Sooyoung chuckled, getting off the bed and tidying it for the girl.

 

“Next time, I will go for your shorts immediately. So no more lazing in bed when you need to wake up.” Sooyoung warned.

 

“I-I-I get it…!” Yoona screamed as she washes up in the bathroom. It didn’t take Yoona very long to get ready, with Sooyoung helping her here and there. The latter even helped her check if she bought everything she needs for the classes she had for today.

 

“I will drive you. Get on.” Sooyoung tosses a helmet to the doe-eye girl as the girl exits from her room. Without any question asked, Yoona followed her to the car park below and got on the motorcycle. “Hold on tight.”

 

And off they go, as fast as the vehicle could go without defying the rules. Yoona hugs Sooyoung by her waist tightly from behind, their bodies sticking close. Sooyoung couldn’t help but to notice that she could feel the girl’s chest on her back.

 

… Soft… Sooyoung gulped.

 

“Yoona! You’re finally here!” Taeyeon is standing by the gate. She knows about Yoona’s classes, being the one that always give the girl a morning call to wake her up until Sooyoung took over. Yoona hops off and pulls off the helmet, almost wanting to head off with her messy hair.

 

“You idiot.” Sooyoung pulls her back and starts to tidy her hair for her. “Your hair is in a mess.”

 

“So is yours.” Yoona pouted. Sooyoung is taken back for a moment, seeing that pout but she calmed down and continues to tidy the girl’s hair for her quickly. She ends the grooming session with a gentle kiss on Yoona’s hair but the girl didn’t really notice it. She felt something, but she doesn’t know what is it. “…?”

 

“YOONA!” Taeyeon shouted, and the doe-eye girl scurried into the campus quickly, leaving the two older ones behind. After making sure that Yoona is completely out of sight, Taeyeon turns to Sooyoung. “… What’s that for?”

 

“What?” Sooyoung looks away.

 

“Don’t what me. You know what I mean.”

 

“… That pout was being unfair… At least she didn’t notice anything, right? She looks blur as ever.” Sooyoung started to fiddle with her hair.

 

“Don’t make her uncomfortable, okay?” Taeyeon sighed.

 

“Yes. Yes.” Sooyoung hands a helmet to Taeyeon. “Get on. I will drive you back. You’re sure dedicated to her, coming all the way here to make sure she’s on time.”

 

“I promised her parents that I will take good care of her when they left her in my care so I will.”

 

“Why didn’t she go and live with you then?”

 

“My house is pretty far, remember? Seeing how she is every morning, not only she will be late, I’m going to be late every single day as well. And she said that she wants to be independent. She says that she doesn’t want to rely too much on me.”

 

“… I don’t see how she’s becoming more independent now though.”

 

“I know. But let’s not tell her that yet.”

 

“Yea…”

 

The two of them let out a small laugh at the same time before getting on the motorcycle, heading off immediately towards Taeyeon’s house. After dropping Taeyeon off, Sooyoung stops by the mart and did some grocery shopping before she heads home. After living alone all these while, she picked up cooking so that she doesn’t need to eat out everyday, for health sake.

 

Ringggggg~

 

“Mm? It’s time already?” Looking at the clock, she managed to finish up in the kitchen right as the alarm on her phone went off. She makes sure that everything is off and alright before picking up her keys and helmets, getting out of the house.

 

…..

 

“Come on, just for today?” The guy pleaded.

 

“I-I-I’m sorry… I really can’t...” The girl tries to find a way to get out of the circle these guys made around her but they will probably pull her back when she tries to get out from the gap between them. Or they will follow her.

 

“Come on. You always refuse when we invite you to play with us. Can’t you just come with us once? We won’t eat you up. We just want to play with you.”

 

“Yea, he’s right. I promise it will be fun!”

 

“B-But I don’t know you guys…” It’s becoming scary for her, with the guys getting closer and closer as they speak. They are always waiting for her outside of the campus on Friday, and usually, her friend would help her drive them off. But today, her friend isn’t here.

 

“Take this as an introduction session then! We can introduce ourselves as we play!” One of the guys grabs her hand tightly, making it impossible for her to try and shake him off no matter how much she tugs. “Stop being so stubborn!”

 

At that moment, a motorcycle drives right up to them, almost knocking one of them down. Lucky for them, they moved away in time but the motorcycle is now separating them from the girl.

 

“What’s going on?” The rider asked, with helmet still on.

 

“Get lost! It’s none of your business!” The guys attempted to push the motorcycle down but the rider swings the extra helmet towards them, almost hitting them in their faces. Knowing that things won’t turn out well if that helmet really hits them, they went off, cursing at both of them.

 

“Does that always happen?” Taking off the helmet, Sooyoung asked as she looks at the terrified girl.

 

“T-T-Taeyeon unnie usually chase them off for me b-but seeing that unnie isn’t around they became more persistent then ever…” The doe-eye girl started sobbing, much to Sooyoung’s disbelief.

 

“H-Hey! If you cry here, people are going to think that I’m the only hitting on you and making you cry…!” Sooyoung started panicking and she puts the helmet on the girl’s head quickly.

 

“I-I wouldn’t mind if it’s you…” Yoona sobbed.

 

“Eh?” Sooyoung thanked god that Yoona can’t see her face with the helmet on or she would have seen how red her face is right now. “W-What did you…”

 

“I’m hungry…” Yoona spoke suddenly, and the rumbles from her stomach are loud.


“…… Man, what to do with you?” Sooyoung sighed with a smile. “Get on. I prepared food at home. Let’s get back before it gets all cold.”

 

“Okay!” Yoona hops on immediately, wrapping her arms around Sooyoung, leaning on comfortably. “… Your back is so warm, unnie…”

 

“Unnie?”

 

“Y-Y-Youngie…!”

 

“That's better.” Sooyoung chuckled, starting up the engine. Even though she appears calm as always, she sincerely hope that the girl who is leaning so close to her right now wouldn’t hear her heart beating so fast.

 

-----

 

“Yoong, wake up.” The tall girl sighed. Her threat didn't work for longer than two weeks and the doe-eye girl started lazing in bed again, not wanting to get up. Every morning, at least fifteen minutes are spent to get the girl out of bed but that wasn’t the end of it. There are even times whereby the girl actually fell asleep in the bathroom while sitting on the toilet bowl. “Yoong, you are going to be late!”

 

“Kiss me and I will get up.” Yoona replied sleepily, sounding half-awake.

 

“You didn’t know what you’re talking about. Get up.”

 

“How are you so sure?” Yoona opens her eyes slightly as she stares at the dumbfounded girl, looking rather seductive unknowingly. Sooyoung gulped and looked away, feeling nervous all of the sudden.

 

“Yoong, I warned you about saying or doing things that will make me misunderstand…” Sooyoung blurted out nervously, turning around to see Yoona already up and is surprisingly close to her right now. She almost fell back in shock. It’s probably the first time she had ever gotten so close to the girl’s face.

 

Yoona didn’t say anything upon seeing Sooyoung’s reaction. Instead, she hangs herself onto the girl.

 

“Carry me, unnie~”

 

“… Jeez…” Sooyoung sighed, lifting the girl off from the bed and carrying her to the bathroom with some difficulty. It’s not that the girl is heavy but Sooyoung wasn’t that strong to be able to carry someone around her size easily. “You’re such a giant baby, Yoong…”

 

 

“… I want to be pampered by you…”

 

 

“Huh? Did you say something, Yoong?” Sooyoung thought she heard the girl saying something really softly but she didn’t catch the content well. She did hear the word ‘pampered’ though. But she thought she’s just hearing the wrong thing.

 

“Nothing.” Yoona grins, tightening her hold as she buries her face into Sooyoung’s back. “Your back is really warm, unnie…”

 

“Youngie, Yoong. You say you will call me that.”

 

“Oh right. Youngie. Hehe~”

 

“Here. It’s the bathroom.”

 

“Nooooo~ I don’t want to leave your warm back~”

 

“We are going to be late, pabo!” Sooyoung literally dump Yoona onto the toilet seat. “You better be ready in 10 minutes, Yoong. I’m going to pack your bag now.” With that, Sooyoung left the bathroom and closed the door behind her, leaving Yoona on her own to wash up.

 

…..

 

“Sooyoung! Why didn’t you tell me?!” Sooyoung didn’t even know what’s going on but some of the guys in her class suddenly came over and crowd around her. It has been a long while since they last did this. They stopped after knowing that she wasn’t interested in guys.

 

“What?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“That you’re living with Yoona ssi!”

 

“Huh?” Sooyoung wasn’t sure how they know about it but it’s probably because someone saw them coming to school and going home together. Sooyoung had been hearing about the doe-eye girl ever since the new term started. At first she didn’t put much thought into the matter but now that she’s living with the girl, her ears seem to be catching every single detail of the conversation among those guys, whenever the doe-eye girl comes up as a topic.

 

“… Why do I have to tell you that?” Sooyoung got up from her seat and pushes her way out of their circle, to see the doe-eye girl standing outside her class. “Yoong?”

 

“Unn- I mean, Youngie… I forget my wallet…” Yoona doesn’t seem like she wants to come in to the classroom, seeing how all the guys are staring right now. With little gestures, she signaled to Sooyoung to go out, which the latter did.

 

“Didn’t I put it in your bag for you? Check the slot behind your files.”

 

“Eh? Really? I didn’t expect it to be there…” Yoona stares at Sooyoung blankly, before grabbing Sooyoung’s hand. “Since you are out of your classroom, why don’t you come and have lunch with me?”

 

Sooyoung couldn't say no. Not to those beautiful doe eyes.

 

“Soo? Aren’t you having another class in five minutes?” Taeyeon is obviously surprised when she sees the taller girl coming together with the doe-eye girl. Sooyoung showed a face of defeat as she points to Yoona, and Taeyeon understood it immediately. While Yoona has gone off to buy her meal, Sooyoung sat down opposite of Taeyeon, looking tired out. “… Another hard time waking her up today?”

 

“The threat I used doesn’t work anymore. She knows I won’t do it.” Sooyoung sighed. “And she’s not considering her words at all when she speaks.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“She told me a few times when I tried to get her out of bed these few days…” Sooyoung started blushing slightly as she recalls. “… I will wake up if you kiss me.”

 

“HUH? Are you sure you’re not making it up?!”

 

“But she sounds half-awake when she says that so she’s probably not in the right mind.” Sooyoung let out a bitter laugh.

 

“But the Yoona I know wouldn’t say such things even if she’s sleepy… At least when I was doing the job in the past, she never said such easily misunderstood stuff before…” Taeyeon rubs her chin as she tries to think of a reason for Yoona’s words. However, the only conclusion she had is something she wouldn’t believe until she really hears it from the girl herself. “Say, what do you think of Yoona?”

 

“E-Eh? I… I… Erm…” Sooyoung is caught of guard by the sudden question. “W-Why is she so pretty…? I mean… Does she even know how pretty she is? I honestly wonder what does she thinks when she sees herself in the mirror…”

 

“Soo, that’s gay.”

 

“I AM. I’m not kidding though! I want to try living for a day with her kind of face because she is so freaking cute and pretty, Tae.”

 

“Who?” Yoona appears behind Sooyoung suddenly, without a sound, shocking the latter so much that she almost got a heart attack. “Who are you talking about, Youngie?”

 

Taeyeon continues to watch as Yoona questions Sooyoung, making the girl all flustered and unable to answer. Sooyoung eventually make a run for it, not wanting to tell Yoona the answer. In the end, the tall girl didn’t have lunch together with them and Taeyeon could tell how much the atmosphere had changed.

 

“Who is she talking about, unnie?” Yoona still couldn’t control her curiosity and brings up the question yet again, but to Taeyeon this time.

 

“You.” Taeyeon answered honestly, without any hesitation.

 

“Eh?” Yoona blushed instantly.

 

“She says that you’re really pretty and cute that she wanted to try living a day with your kind of face. You should have seen her face when she’s saying all that. It looks as though she’s totally gay for you.” Taeyeon continued, watching Yoona’s expression closely.

 

Yoona didn't say anything else but her face says it all. Taeyeon could see it.

 

I know it will probably happen but I didn’t expect it to be so fast though… Taeyeon let out a sigh mentally, before giving Yoona a pat on her head. The girl looks at her, confused but all she did is smile and continues with her meal.

 

-----

 

“Youngie~ I’m hungry…” Yoona burst into Sooyoung’s room, to find the girl lying in bed, all covered up. Today is a rare day where the two of them don’t have to go out nor do any homework but it seems like something is here to ruin their day off already. “Youngie…?”

 

“… Sorry, Yoong. I don’t think I can cook today…” Sooyoung sounded hoarse. Yoona rushed over to check on her and realizes that she’s burning with a fever.

 

“How did this happen? I mean, how are you sick all of the sudden without a reason? How are you feeling right now? Is there anything I should do? What can I do? What should I do?” Yoona started panicking and all the questions she had in her mind started rambling out from without her realizing it. Sooyoung chuckled at the sight of the panicky deer.

 

It’s cute. Really cute.

 

“There, there…” Sooyoung slides an arm out so that she can give the girl a pat on her head. “Relax, Yoong. It’s just a cold. I will get better if I rest. Or maybe…”

 

“Maybe?”

 

“Maybe I will get better if you give me a kiss.” Sooyoung grins, joking of course. “I’m just kiddi-“

 

Well, it didn’t go the way she expected it to be.

 

She expected to find Yoona turning red or even running out of the room in embarrassment. But the girl didn’t do any of that. Instead, she really did what Sooyoung told her to do while joking.

 

A kiss.

 

Sooyoung’s eyes widen up and she pushed the girl away quickly, feeling that her body temperature is rising.

 

“W-W-What are you doing, idiot…?!” Sooyoung scolded, covering .

 

“B-But you say…” Yoona is obviously surprised at Sooyoung’s reaction.

 

“I’m only joking! I’m not asking you to really do it!” Sooyoung screamed, leaving Yoona speechless and shocked.

 

 

What to do? She seems really angry about it… Did I really misinterpret her feelings…?

 

 

“… What if you catch the cold from me…” Sooyoung covers her face, as the embarrassment from the kiss hits her hard. She’s not upset at all. Definitely not. But she doesn’t want it to happen while she’s sick like this.

 

It’s unfair. So unfair.

 

“You’re angry because I did it while you’re sick…?” Yoona asked, with caution.

 

“… O-Of course…! I-I can’t even enjoy it because I’m not feeling well! A-And what if I pass it to you?! Are you stupid? Arghhhh….” Sooyoung tries to hide herself with her blanket right after saying all that. It took Yoona a while to completely register what Sooyoung had said, but the moment she understood it, she starts to grin.

 

“Youngie~♡” Yoona jumps on the girl happily, hugging the girl while the girl is still hiding under the blanket. “Don’t worry, cold isn’t contagious~♡”

 

“NO. Only until I’m well.”

 

“Aww~ Just one more time? I’m still hurt that you pushed me away like that.”

 

“NO MEANS NO.”

 

“Really can’t...? B-But I… I love you…” Yoona pulls the blanket down and showered Sooyoung with her puppy-eyes look.

 

“………. S-Stop it… You’re being unfair…” Sooyoung tries to pull the blanket up again but Yoona prevented that. “… Y-Y-You’re making my fever worse…! M-My body temperature is rising too much with you here…!”

 

“I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I lov-“

 

“I-I get it…! B-But just…”

 

“Kiss me to get me to stop.” Yoona taunted by pouting as she cuddles closer.

 

“……… FINE. DON’T BLAME ME IF YOU REALLY CATCH THE COLD FROM ME.” With that, Sooyoung went straight in for the kiss. Of course, Yoona didn’t fall sick or anything after that. It’s not like cold could be transmitted through a kiss. Sooyoung is the stupid one here.

 

-----_____-----

The story will stop here as Sooyoung is currently killing the author for that last sentence. Thank you for reading and R.I.P author.