Promise of Love/Memories

Collections

=w=;;;

 

“Welcome to the fan sign fan meeting event of our dear goddess, Im Yoona. I’m your emcee for…” The emcee continues to talk, giving thorough walkthrough of what will be happening when the event starts. Meanwhile, as the emcee keeps the participants busy, the main star of the event is pacing around in the backstage. Even though it’s not her first time going for such an event, she’s still nervous but happy at the same time.

 

“In five minutes time, you will go on stage and greet the fans. We will play some games and have a small talk session with the fans before moving on to the fan sign event.” The organizer goes through the event with her once more and she nodded in response. She’s too nervous to give another reply other than a nod.

 

“And let’s welcome our goddess on stage!” That’s the cue. Checking her attire for one last time, she steps up to the stage with a bright smile that captivate millions. Loud cheering and shouting filled the venue in an instant.

 

“Hello, everyone~ I’m Im Yoona. Nice to see you all again~” She waved happily at her fans and gets a heated response from them. As planned, after talking for a while, they proceed with the games. Fans volunteer themselves willingly and energetically, just to get a chance to go on stage and interact with the famous young actress and model.

 

The doe-eye girl had fun playing with her fans. Her fans give her energy to go on with all the hard work she needs to do to get to this stage. If it weren’t for her fans, she would have long given up on this path.

 

“A… Ah…” The doe-eye girl accidentally tripped on a wire lying around carelessly on the stage and everyone gasped, thinking that their cute little idol is going to get hurt. But all of them let out a sigh of relief, though jealous as well, when they see one of the fans on stage manages to support the girl before she falls. Yoona looks up, to see the person staring at her blankly. “T… Thank you…”

 

“Be careful…” The person replied rather coolly and helped her to get her balance again, before using her leg to push the wire aside. Yoona looks at that girl for a moment before turning back to her face with a smile, assuring that she’s fine. She even thanked that particular girl openly.

 

After that incident, Yoona doesn’t seem to be able to take her eyes of that girl for some reason. Even after the game, her eyes follow the girl as the girl gets back into the crowd to get ready for the fan sign event that will be happening right after the organizer gets everything ready on stage.

 

“Are you okay? We are terribly sorry about that wire. It seems like it accidentally got shifted to the middle of the stage as people go around the stage.” Yoona got back to the backstage to take a rest while things are being set up and the staff members crowd around immediately with a worried look.

 

“It’s okay. A reliable girl helped me so I’m fine.” Yoona smiled and even joked around with the staffs for a while before getting back to the stage. She took her seat at the table and starts to survey the whole place, successfully spotting that girl again near the end of the queue for the signing event. Since she can’t possibly sign for every single one of the fans here, she hopes that the number doesn’t end before she gets to talk to that girl again.

 

She wants to thank her again and gives her an autograph, probably with a little special gift as an extra.

 

“Thank you for you support.” Yoona shook the hand of the excited fan boy with a sweet smile, and watches as he leaves the stage happily, before reaching to her side for another card for the fan sign, but to realize that there is none left. She looks at the queue at the side quickly, to see that particular girl standing there, first in line. The thing ended right before the girl.

 

“Oh it seems like we don’t have enough cards. Sorry for those who are still in queue right now. We promise that we will organize a fan sign again sometimes so be sure to be here!” The emcee announced upon getting the cue from the staffs in the backstage.

 

“W… wait… Let that girl gets a sign…” Yoona stopped the staff that is going to get the fans to get off the stage and steps to the stage. The staff seems unsure about that and turns to the main organizer, who gives a nod of approval. And so, the girl is allowed on the stage, much to the other fans’ displeasure.

 

“Oh~! She’s the one that saved our goddess earlier. As a token of appreciation, we decided to let her get the last autograph of today’s event.” The emcee explained, and some of the fans start to shout awful stuffs out of anger.

 

“I’m really sorry, guys. It’s because she helped me so I wanted to thank her, is that okay? I promise that I will appear more often, for every single one of you and hold a lot more fan signs so that I can meet everyone and talk with you guys. Thank you for coming today to support me. I’m really happy.” Yoona grabs a microphone quickly and steps up the corner where the fans are crowding around, successfully calming them down.

 

The crowd soon went home as Yoona disappears into the backstage and the staffs the girl in. As Yoona is looking around for something to sign on and the staffs is packing up, the girl surveys the whole place. She had never gone into the backstage of such an event before and it’s quite amazing.

 

“Unnie, do you have a card or something…?” Yoona starts to ask around, not realizing that the girl is coming closer to her.

 

“… Yoona ssi…” The girl called out, getting the doe-eye girl’s attention immediately. “It’s okay if you don’t give me an autograph…”

 

“Eh? I… I insist… Do you have a paper…?” Yoona frowns slightly because she couldn’t find what she wants when she needed it urgently. She doesn’t want to let the girl wait for too long.

 

“… I mean, I can get something else from you. Not necessary a signature.” The girl added.

 

“Huh…? Like what?” Yoona stares at her blankly and before she knows it, the girl’s face is extremely close to hers.

 

“The name is Sooyoung… Choi Sooyoung. Sign it down in your heart.” With that, the girl leans closer and pressed her own lips on Yoona’s lips. Yoona’s eyes widen instantly and stares intensely at the girl’s face. She could feel that the girl is silently on her lower lips, as though trying to gain an access.

 

“YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Just then, Yoona’s manager spotted that and rushed over to push the taller girl away harshly. The staffs that had been busy with their packing up start to gather as well, trying to understand what is going on. “Get this girl out of this place immediately!”

 

Nodding, two of the male staffs approach the tall girl and tries to drag her out, but she moved away before they can get her arms.

 

“I can walk on my own. Thanks for the gift, Yoona ssi.” The tall girl smirks and walks out from the backstage. Some of the fans crowd around her immediately to ask her about what happened but she said nothing and went ahead before they can question her even more.

 

“Are you okay, Yoona…?” The manager turns around to check on the girl, who is still in a state of shock. “Yoona…? Yoona!”

 

“H… H… Huh?” Yoona finally snapped back to her senses.

 

“I told you not to let her in but you say that it’s okay? See what happened!” The manager turns to the main organizer and he apologized profusely, admitting that it’s due to his mistake that this happened.

 

“Unnie… I… It’s okay…” Yoona grabs the arm of her manager and pulls on it. “I… want to go home now.”

 

“… Araso. Let’s go.” On the way back, Yoona remains quiet and stares out of the window. Her whole mind is filled with the image of that kiss. She doesn’t know why but it feels somewhat familiar to her. It’s as though she experience it before somewhere. Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung. That name had been ringing in her mind as well.

 

“Yoongie ahhh~ Let’s make a promise. If either of us ever become ve~ry famous, the other one has to become a huge~ fan okay? It’s the promise of our love.”

 

“Huh…?” Yoona opens her eyes suddenly, to see that she’s already in her own apartment. She doesn’t know when she fell asleep but her strong manager unnie probably carried her back from the car. But, that’s not the important thing here.

 

What’s that dream about? It’s all so vague. The face of that person that said that line, the content of the promise, everything. It’s all too vague for her to piece up everything clearly. Yoongie, that’s probably herself. That’s one of her nickname, given to her by someone who she doesn’t remember. It’s probably that person in her dream.

 

The voice of that person seems to belong to a kid, so it’s probably from her childhood but after getting into a serious accident on her way to the company for the first time, she lost some of her memories, mainly from her childhood. Sighing, she decided to just change out of her clothes and cools her head off with a nice, cooling bath.

 

“Uh?” Just when she’s taking off her shorts, a piece of paper sticks out from her left pocket suddenly. She doesn’t remember putting any paper in her pockets.

 

Promise of our love

 

“W… Wha… What the…?” She dropped the paper immediately. Isn’t that what she heard in her dream earlier? The paper floated on to her bed slowly, flipping around in the process. A series of number is written on the back of the paper. A phone number.

 

“We will seal this promise with a kiss. We will both kiss this piece of paper together.”

 

At this moment, Yoona’s head starts to ache. She slumps onto her bed, clutching her own head. She doesn’t understand anything at all. The paper and the voice in her head. And why is she hearing it all of the sudden. She had never heard this voice before but right after the shock she got from the kiss just now, she starts to hear this voice. At first, she didn’t bother about it since it’s too soft for her to catch what is being said but right now, it had gotten louder and clearer.

 

Ding dong~ Ding dong~

 

The doorbell started ringing, but the doe-eye girl couldn’t get up. She’s in pain.

 

“U… Unnie…” She called out croakily, trying her best to get to the front door.

 

THUD!

 

She fell off her bed and she could hear the person at the door banging on the door right after that. Why is her head hurting? Why is it hurting so much? She can’t understand. What’s happening to her right now? Her senses are blurring off slowly, and her ears are ringing.

 

“YOONGIE!”

 

Huh…? Yoona’s senses cleared up suddenly.

 

“Yoongie, answer me! Are you okay?”

 

… Yoon…. Yoongie…? Yoona struggles to stand up again and with help of her surrounding objects, and staggered towards the door. Who are you…? Just who are you…? No one had ever called me by that name… No one…

 

She opens the door with much trouble but before she can see the face of that person clearly, her world went black.

-----

“There’s a high chance that she’s slowly regaining some of her memories. Something or someone probably triggered it but of course, you have to take things slowly in order to prevent the same thing from happening.”

 

… Where…? Yoona opens her eyes a little, to be blinded by the bright and white surrounding. She closes her eyes again quickly, before opening them slowly.

 

“Okay. Thank you.” She sees a familiar yet unfamiliar figure standing beside her bed, back facing her. That person turns around, sighing. It’s not her manager. She thought it might be her manager but it’s not.

 

“Yoongie, are you awake?” That person came closer.

 

“… Who…?” Yoona moves away and opens her eyes quickly, to see a rather familiar face.

 

“Ehhh? Come on! You just met me just now…”

 

“C… Ch… Choi… Choi S… S… Soo… Sooyoung ssi?!” Yoona exclaimed. “W… W… Why are you here? W… Where am I? W… What’s your motive?!”

 

“Oi, oi! Calm down! I’m not a bad person!” The tall girl sighed, sitting down on the chair beside the bed. “But I will answer your question. I’m here because I am the one that bring you here. You faint immediately after opening the door for me. Do you know how scared I was when I hear a thud coming from inside your apartment? I thought something bad happened to you. And you have to scare me again by fainting… Second, you’re in a hospital so don’t go around screaming and shouting. Third, I got no motive. Like I say, I’m not a bad person.”

 

“B… B… But you… you stole my firs-“

 

“First kiss? Hahahaha~! No way. That’s not your first. But it’s not wrong to say that I stole your first kiss though. After all, I AM your first kiss. You’re mine too.” Sooyoung said it with a smile. Yoona continues to stare at her blankly, not understanding a single thing that Sooyoung is saying. “I don’t expect you to remember. You lost part of your memories after all. Sadly, all those about me…”

 

“… Y… Y… You’re from my childhood…?” Yoona raised an eyebrow.

 

“Yep! A BIG~ role in your childhood. I’m here to fulfill our promise. The promise that we made during our childhood, sealed sweetly with our lips. But it’s an awful shock when I came to Seoul to hear that you got into an accident and lost part of your memories, mainly about me…” Sooyoung sighed.

 

“… Just… Just who are you…? Why would I kiss you? Why did you appear suddenly and kiss me without permission? How did you know my address? And…. And… why did you call me by that name…?” Yoona doesn’t know why but her heart is aching suddenly. It seems like her heart is being frustrated with her brain for not being able to remember anything. It’s painful. Worse than the headache that she’s having earlier.

 

“… That name…? You mean, Yoongie? It’s the nickname I gave you. I’m the only one that can call you by that name. It’s our pet name, Yoongie. You used to call me Youngie too. Like I say, I’m from your childhood, which you had forgotten about. I didn’t appear suddenly. I’m always around you, ensuring that you’re safe. That’s also why I know your address. Sadly, you didn’t notice me at all and not to say, you don’t even remember me. Not a single bit…”

 

“Are we close…? Like, in the past, are we close…?” Yoona asked, feeling less cautious about this girl now.

 

“Close? Nahhh~ Close can’t be used to describe our relationship. Like I said, we kissed. How does that sounds to you? Just close?”

 

“Y… You mean we…”

 

“But of course, we are still kids. Teenagers who know nothing about love. But I’m very sure that this heart here still pumps for you. Even now, it’s still going at full speed, because you’re in front of me.” Sooyoung held Yoona’s hand close to her heart to let her feel her heartbeat. True enough, it’s going a lot faster than normal and Yoona could see the sincerity in Sooyoung’s eyes. Perhaps this girl is saying the truth. “But… I don’t know if you’re feeling the same… After all, you had forgotten about me and you didn’t even see me for so many years. Your love for me might had dried up already, and your heart might be getting ready to pump for someone else already…”

 

“… B… But… if I really do love you, be it in the past or even now, my heart will know it even if my mind doesn’t, right? My heart will still remember my love even if my mind doesn’t… B… But how do I know if… if it still remembers you? You, appearing in front of me suddenly and telling me all these… I don’t know, Sooyoung ssi… I really don’t know…”

 

“… Please don’t call me so formally… it hurts…” Sooyoung’s expression becomes sadder as she clutches her own shirt, at her heart area. “Please just call me Youngie, even if you don’t remember me at all…”

 

Yoona doesn’t know why but she feels sad when she sees Sooyoung looking so sad right now. It’s like they are both sharing the same emotion at the same time. The tall girl is clutching the left side of her chest, and Yoona feels like doing the same as well because her heart is hurting right now. Does that means that Sooyoung’s heart is hurting…?

 

Why are they feeling the same thing together? Is it because their hearts are actually connected? Yoona is confused. She doesn’t know what to do. Everything is too sudden for her. A few hours ago, she’s still standing on stage in front of her fans, and a few hours later she’s here, experiencing a whole new unknown feeling, with a sprinkle of confusion.

 

“Please tell me how do you feel after this…” Yoona didn’t even realize when did Sooyoung got so close to her and once again, caught by surprise, a sudden kiss. This time, Sooyoung brought it to the next level by using her tongue. Yoona felt her heart pumping faster and faster, as though it is going to jump out from soon and her whole body is warming up rapidly. Even though those feelings are pretty normal if someone is kissing you, but that sweetness she’s feeling from her lips and heart isn’t. It’s so sweet that she wants Sooyoung to continue. Does this mean that her heart acknowledges Sooyoung as the one she loves, even though she doesn’t remember anything?

 

Knock knock!

 

That surprised both of them and Sooyoung moves away quickly, to see the doctor entering. Yoona bits her lips nervously as she watches the tall girl converses with the doctor. After a while, the tall girl bowed with a smile and sees the doctor out of the room before coming back to Yoona’s side.

 

“He says that since you woke up, after the drip is finished, you can go home.” Sooyoung informed with a smile, before turning serious again. “So…”

 

“I… I… I… I feel sw-“

 

RINGGGG~ Yoona got a shock when a sudden ringing echoed into her ears. She searches around frantically, and finds her phone beside her pillow. It’s her manager. Probably worried after realizing that Yoona isn’t home.

 

“Hello? Unnie…” She picks up the call quickly and Sooyoung just walks to a corner automatically to let Yoona have some space on her own. “I… I just went out for a walk… Don’t worry… I did put on some disguises so no one will recognize me. Yes… Yes… I will be back soon. You don’t need to wait for me. I will call you again when I reach home, okay? It won’t be good if someone hear my voice and recognize me through my voice. Okay… Bye bye…”

 

“… I will go get some stuff for you so that you can get out from here in a disguise.” Sooyoung heads for the door immediately after Yoona puts down her phone and before Yoona can say anything, she’s already out of the room. It seems like the long wait has made her nervous about Yoona’s answer to her question just now. She’s scared. She’s scared that she would be rejected, not only from Yoona’s memory but also her heart.

 

“Hello… Taeyeon unnie…?” Meanwhile, back in the room, Yoona decided to call someone else while Sooyoung isn’t around.

 

“Hello? Yoong ah~ Does something matters?” Taeyeon replied.

 

“Taeyeon unnie, you had been with me even before the accident right? Did I ever mention about a girl from my childhood? You know, I forget about my childhood and right now I think something is coming back but it’s too vague…”

 

“A girl from your childhood? Mmmm… You did. Not only that, you speak of her as though she’s your precious other half. I can never forget how silly you look when you talk about her.”

 

“… Then… Her name… Did I tell you her name before?”

 

“Her name…? That’s hard… Let me think… Mm… I think you did but I can’t really remember it… You always call her by another name anyway so I sort of remember her as that name instead of her real name.”

 

“… Another name? What is it?”

 

Youngie. You always call her Youngie.”

 

You used to call me Youngie too.

 

Yoona almost dropped her phone after hearing that. So it’s really her? Someone from her childhood. Or rather, her love from her childhood.

 

“Yoong. Yoong? Yoong!” Taeyeon shouted into the phone after Yoona becomes irresponsive for that moment.

 

“U… Uh? Huh? Y… Yea unnie?” Yoona snaps back instantly, and frantically.

 

“Why are you asking me all these suddenly though? If you’re trying to find that girl, I’m very sorry but I didn’t have any information about her since I only know about her from your stories about her. Is it really the truth that you are starting to remember something or did something happen?”

 

“… Unnie… I… I… I think… I think I found her… I… I mean she found me… What do I do? I can’t even remember her at all! But the nickname she says fits the one you told me just now. What do I do now, unnie…? I can’t remember her… My mind… My stupid brain! It doesn’t contain any information on her!” Yoona started crying. She feels frustrated. It’s just so frustrating. To be unable to remember such an important person from her life.

 

“… Yoong… do you think that you love her? Does your heart feels weird when she appears in front of you suddenly?”

 

“I… I don’t know… I met her at my fan meeting just now and somehow… I couldn’t stop looking at her. Plus… when she kissed me, I felt a overwhelming of sweetness coming from my heart…”

 

“Is that so? Then, tell you what, Yoong. Don’t worry about the past anymore. So what if you lost all the good memories you had of her? Just make new one. Memories can be made, as long as both of you are together. So just go ahead and make new memories with her. Go down the path your heart is directing you to, Yoong.”

 

“Go down the path my heart is directing me to…?”

 

“You will understand soon. I got to go. Bye bye!” With that, Taeyeon hangs up on the call. Yoona stares blankly into the air with her phone still pressed on her ears. What do Taeyeon mean by those words?

 

“Yoongie, I- H… Hey…! W… Why are you crying?! Did someone say nasty stuff to you? Who is it? I will deal with that per-“ Sooyoung came back right at that moment to see the tears on Yoona’s face. She rushed over instantly and wipes those tears away as she speaks, feeling sad and angry at the same time. But she stops when the doe-eye girl launches herself at her suddenly, hugging her tightly. “Y… Yoongie… Did you…”

 

“… N… No… I still couldn’t remember you… I’m sorry…” Yoona tightens her hold as she says that. “B… But… it feels sweet, Youngie… When you’re kissing me, I don’t want you to let go. I wanted you to continue for as long as our breath can allow… I… I think my heart remembers you, Youngie…”

 

“… F… For real…? Do you really mean what you say…?”

 

“… Can you… create more memories with me…? I’m sorry for losing those important memories of us but as long as we are still alive, we can still create more memories right…?” Yoona moves away and stares into Sooyoung’s eyes. Sooyoung stares at her for a moment and smiles at her, before hugging her again.

 

“Yes… I’m glad that your heart recognizes me, Yoongie. Who cares about those memories from childhood now? From now on, I will give you even more memories that are so much better than those that you lost. As long as you stay with me, I will do anything… Just for you…”

 

“… Hey… Erm… Tell me about the… promise of love that you talk about.” Yoona moves away suddenly and crosses her arms, ready to listen.

 

“Oh that. Well, you know… Both of us shared the same dream. We wanted to be a famous celebrity. But you know, becoming a celebrity isn’t easy so we made a promise with each other. If you ever become a famous celebrity, I will be your biggest fan and support you for every single thing you do as a celebrity. Of course, that would include loving you as my precious girl, and vice versa.” Sooyoung sat down in front of Yoona and starts to tell her about their promise calmly. “We even wrote the four words on a paper and kissed it as our seal, even though I pulled it away before your lips can touch it and replaced the paper with my own lips. Ha.”

 

“… Wait. So you stole my first kiss just like that?”

 

“Yep! You look so~ cute when you stare at me with that surprised expression, I tell you! It’s just like how you look when you’re at the backstage and I kissed you! I want to cuddle you so badly~!” Sooyoung replied excitedly, happy with herself.

 

“Jeez… I thought my first kiss would be a nice and romantic one…” Yoona frowns.

 

“Awww~ It’s okay. We will have a lot more kisses: romantic, serious, fun, sweet, free style, whatever~! You name it and I will do it for you!”

 

“… Free style… okay… mm…” Yoona raised an eyebrow and nodded slightly. “… So where’s that paper?”

 

“I gave it to you, didn’t I? I put it in your pocket.”

 

“… OH THAT TINY PIECE OF PAPER?”

 

“I included my number on it, so that you can call~ me.”

 

“Why do I have to call you?”

 

“Because I’m your love.”

 

“… Who says? I don’t even remember you.”

 

“But your heart do. Come on, don’t make your heart sad by saying that.”

 

“Your heart or my heart?”

 

“Both. Our hearts are connected so they feel the same thing.”

 

“… N… Nonsense…”

 

“I love you, Yoongie…”

 

“… I… I guess I do too…”

 

“… Jeez… Can’t you just say it…? I know you don’t remember me but since we are going to create lots~ of memories from now on, just say it. No harm saying it right?”

 

“… FINE. I… I… I love you too.”

 

“Awwwwww~”