Twins

Collections

 

I'M RANDOM. YEA. LOL
-----_____-----


"Don't do it again." That something she always says. Even though the tall girl never likes it when she was told those words, she missed hearing it nevertheless.

----

The little tall kid rubs her eyes sleepily and lets out a silent yawn as the sunlight shines into the room through the gap between the curtains. A sweet scent travels into her nose the moment she takes in a deep breath and she smiles to herself, before cuddling closer to that person in her embrace.

So warm and soft.

She wishes that she could stay like this forever. Since young, she had been feeling this way for that person, even though it’s pretty much a forbidden one. She shouldn’t be feeling for this person but she couldn’t help it.

“Hey. Isn’t that girl cute? I bet she’s the cutest girl in the world!” She hangs out with group of girls and guys often, and most importantly, this person in her embrace too. She remembers seeing a girl from another preschool with that group, and this person, and those guys couldn’t stop gawking at her.

“No way! She can’t be the cutest one! Yoongie is the cutest!” That’s her response. She said it without hesitation and she didn’t regret saying it. To her, the doe-eye girl is always the cutest. The best that you can ever have. For her, the doe-eye girl defines perfection.

“Jeez. We know you love your sister a lot, Soo. Don’t need to announce it to the whole world.” Yes. They are sisters. Twins to be more exact. They don’t look alike but they are twins, no doubt. Since young, they had always been together and it didn’t change a bit as they group up.

“Unnie.” A sweet voice interrupted her thoughts and she loosens her hold on that person immediately. Her heart skipped a beat when the girl in her embraces smiles at her brightly. It’s even brighter than the sunlight, to be honest. “Good morning, unnie~”

“Good morning, Yoongie~” She smiles back and sits up, and the doe-eye girl follows suit. Hand-in-hand, they got off their bed and walk to the bathroom together. The tall kid, being the taller one between them, steps onto the stool and grabs their brushes and toothpastes from the sink. The doe-eye girl stood behind her, ready to support her in case she slipped.

“Ah~ My darlings are up already?” Right when they are busy brushing their teeth while smiling at each other, their mother came in with a smile and helped them with the rest of their wash-up. After dressing up properly, the two of them hop over to the dining table and hurried their mother to get them up the chairs.
They love food, but they love each other more than food. Their chairs are always side-by-side, nearly touching, and they would always feed each other. Even for their parents, it’s hard for them to see these two fights or argue. They seem to be always agreeable with each other.

…..

“I will pick you up later, my darlings~” With that, the woman walks off, leaving the twins in the care of the teacher-in-charge of the kids. Their mother is an educator and the school has all the different level of schooling in it, from children daycare to preschool and all the way to high school. Kids of the teachers have special privileges of getting into the school easier, not to forget that this school is pretty good in terms of its results and it’s quite a popular option.

“Yoona~” Right after the woman left, another kid came over and pounced on the doe-eye girl who is pulled away by the taller kid instantly, cause the extra presence to drop to the group with a thud. Soon, a loud cry follows and the teacher hurries over to carry the crying kid.

“Sooyoung is such a meanie…”

“How can you let him fall just like that?”

“What…?! He… He tried to… jump on my Yoongie…!” Sooyoung protested and cuddles the doe-eye girl tightly, not wanting to let go despite having her little arm pulled by some other kids. “Am I wrong to protect my Yoongie?”

“Yoona, please be the judge! Isn’t your sister too much?”

“H… Huh?” Yoona stares blankly at them and shakes her head with a smile after a while. The rest of the kids became speechless and go back to do their own things. The crying stops and everyone settles down quickly, waiting for the class to start. In the middle of the class, Yoona passed a paper to Sooyoung quietly.

Don’t do that again, okay? – Yoongie

Sooyoung couldn’t understand why. She just wanted to protect her dear little sister from other people. Why is everyone against it?

-----

“Don’t do that again, okay?” The doe-eye girl sighed as she watches their mother dabs on the scratches on the tall girl’s arm with the cotton gently.

“WAE? Those guys are obviously trying to hold you in their arms and all I did is try to block them off!” The tall girl never understands why the doe-eye girl is always telling her to stop her protective actions. She loves the girl and she can’t stand seeing other people being all clingy to the girl.

“Unnie, it’s not good. What if unnie gets serious injuries?” The doe-eye girl stares into the eyes of the tall girl. While the tall girl is still frozen from the gentleness of the doe-eye girl’s stare, the doe-eye girl bends over and kisses the cleaned scratches on the girl’s arm.

“Y… Yoongie…!” The tall girl withdraws her arm quickly, blushing madly.

“Don’t move, Soo. Stay still.” The woman grabs the kid’s arm again and continues with the treatment. The tall girl stayed still obediently and she felt a tad of nervousness due to the intense stare of the doe-eye girl.

She loves the girl and it had never change or waver. In fact, as they continue to grow up together, she finds herself getting more and more attached to the girl. Right now, they are in elementary school. Her love and protectiveness increased to the extent that she started fighting. She swears to herself to always protect the girl with her love, and keeps the girl by her side, for she's her power.

That one day when the doe-eye girl got a fever and she had to go to school on her own, she ended up coming back home in less than an hour time, crying. She spent the whole day sitting by the bed of the doe-eye girl, holding the girl's hand tightly in hers.

"Don't do that again." The first thing she's told after the girl recovers was that. She remembers throwing a tantrum about it but she stopped instantly when the doe-eye girl held her hands and kisses them. "Unnie, sorry for making you worry but unnie has to be stronger so Yoongie will not be worried too. Unnie has to stop treating Yoongie as a baby so that Yoongie can grow up. What if Yoongie became a spoilt child that couldn't leave unnie's side in future?"

"I... I don't mind... I want to have you by my side forever, Yoongie. I love you, Yoongie." That's her reply.

"I love you too, unnie. But unnie, the day whereby we had to go our separate ways will come eventually... It's part of life and we can deny it." True enough. The day when Yoona suddenly let go of Sooyoung's hand came. The horrible memory is so vivid, playing on and on in Sooyoung's mind.

They were holding hands like always, walking down the corridor of their high school when she felt the doe-eye girl's hand slipping away from hers. A thud is heard and the next thing she knows is to see her precious sister lying on the floor, unconscious. Then came the news of her sister being critically ill and the medical level in the country is almost unable to cure her. They could only prolong her life a little.

Sooyoung couldn't leave the hospital at all. Her tears had been rolling since the day Yoona let go of her hand and it's worse when she sees all the tubes going into her precious sister's body. Why is this happening? Why is God trying to separate them?

It's unbearable. Yoona grew weaker and weaker as time passes, so did Sooyoung's mental strength. She could feel that she's almost losing it already. She can't lose this girl. She doesn't want to and she couldn't afford to. Without this girl, her whole life is going to end. Her life is going to be meaningless. Yoona is her life. Without Yoona, she would rather die.

Then came the good news, but still, it's somewhat bad. They are still going to be separated. The hospital proposed that they would send the doe-eye girl to US for advanced treatment. Chances of her getting cured fully are so much higher with the technology there. Sooyoung agreed to it instantly and the procedures were soon done.

The day whereby they had to be separated came. Sooyoung requested for a bit of alone time with her sister. No words are exchanged, as the doe-eye girl is far too weak to even open . The tall girl her hair tenderly and bends down, planting a long kiss on the girl's forehead. She planted another one on the girl's cheek and finally, one final one on the lips. She wasn't sure if she saw it correctly but the girl smiled at her. The kiss is their farewell.

Time passes and throughout the time, Sooyoung had been calling to US constantly to check with the doctor on Yoona's condition. It gives her great amount of strength to hear that her precious girl is doing fine. But one day, without a reason, the hospital refuses to tell her about the girl. Whenever she asked about the girl, they refuse to say anything, change topics and hung up. It's the day whereby Sooyoung went crazy and smashed everything in the house before trying to head out.

She wants to go over to US right away.

Picking out the essential stuffs that she will need, she opens the door violently to be embraced by someone. The smell and touch are so familiar. Sooyoung melted instantly.

"Don't do that again." How she missed those words. How she missed this voice. She wouldn't mind hearing it again and again now even if she thinks that she did nothing wrong. "I'm back, unnie."

"Pabo... How can you do this to me...?" Tears started to flow as Sooyoung embraces the girl fully. She's back. She's really back. All healthy and happy. Reason being the hospital not wanting to say anything is because Yoona requested them not to. She wanted to give Sooyoung a surprise but she didn't expect that her sister would call earlier that day and end up smashing everything up in fit of anger. She's glad that the girl isn't hurt though and that's enough.

Her sister's safety and warm are enough for her. She doesn't need anything else. She wants to be spoilt by her sister even though it's not exactly right.

"I'm sorry, unnie. Wanted to give you a surprise but it didn't went well." The doe-eye girl rubs the back of the tall girl gently, looking at the mess in the house.

"As long as you are alright... As long as you are alright I'm willing to do anything. Please don't leave me alone again, Yoongie." Sooyoung cried.

"Who's the baby now, unnie?" Yoona teased and the hold on her tightens instantly.

"And whose fault is it? I was so... so scared, Yoongie... I thought I'm really going to lose you forever... I really can't live without you, Yoongie... I... I love you... I really love you, Yoongie... Even though we are sisters... I couldn't control my feelings..."

"I love you too, unnie. I will never leave you again, unnie... Please spoil me."

"As you wish, Princess." With that, Sooyoung breaks away from the hug and cups Yoona's face, going straight for a kiss without hesitation. The two of the shared the kiss deeply until they are both breathless and hug again. At that moment, at the same time, they swore in their heart to never let go of each other ever again.