RAIN

Collections

A short, random one.
-----_____-----

The girl sighed as she stares out of the window, watching as the rain falls onto the ground outside, making every inch of the earth wet. She never like the rain. She dislikes getting wet, with her clothes on of course. And it's worse with all the mud water flowing from the side onto the pavement, making her shoes dirty whenever she walks across. Wet socks are unbearable for her. She would rather rot at home than to go out on a rainy day, be it a drizzle or a heavy rain.

"Sooyoung, we ran out of..." Her mother calls out from the kitchen and she literally rolled her eyes. That just means that she has to go out, even though it's raining so heavily outside.

"Can't you cook some other stuff instead...? It's raining..." She sighed, tying to bargain with her mother but that frown on her mother's face tells her that her argument is invalid. She nodded unwillingly and pulls on a jacket, picks up an umbrella from the side before heading out in her slippers. She stares at the puddles all over the pavement, trying to think of a way to get past those without sinking her feet into them, when someone came running past her, splashing water onto her legs.

"YAH!" She snapped at that person without realizing it and the person came to a halt immediately. It's a rather cute girl but still, it's unforgivable to splash water on her when she's busy trying to find a way not to get wet. The person stares at her blankly, probably unaware of her misdeed. "Didn't you have something to say to me?" Sooyoung pointed at her wet legs, hinting it.

But the person tilts her head to the side, not understanding anything.

"Apologize! You splashed water on me!" Sooyoung gets impatient and snapped again, but to be shock when the girl's face crunches up immediately and before she can say anything else, the girl started crying. "H-Hey...! Why are you crying...?! I... I should be the one crying for goodness sake...!"

"Unnie is scary. Yoona doesn't like unnie...!" The girl continues to cry and the way she talks seems to have suggested something obvious to Sooyoung. Sooyoung sighed as she walks closer, but the girl backs away immediately, obviously scared of her.

"Come here. I won't eat you." Sooyoung grabbed the girl by her wrist and pulls her close, before hugging her and patting her on the head. "I'm sorry, okay? I just don't like getting wet in such annoying weather so I just snapped."

"Unnie doesn't like rain?" The doe-eye girl sniffed, wiping away her tears.

"No. I hate it."

"But rain is fun and nice~!" The doe-eye girl pushes the taller girl away, wanting to show how she can have fun in the rain but with an accidental usage of too much strength, the taller girl falls backwards, landing right on her bum. The doe-eye girl froze when she noticed the extremely dark expression on the girl's face and she literally went into hiding behind a tree nearby.

 

-----

 

"So, why are you on your own?" The tall girl asked as she wipes the doe-eye girl's hair with a towel.

"Yoona is playing in the rain. Yoona tells Mama that Yoona wants to play in the rain so Mama allows Yoona to come out." The doe-eye girl replied cheerfully.

"... How responsible huh..." The tall girl commented sarcastically, proceeding to help the girl dry up with the towel. "Wipe your chest yourself."

"Eh? Why...?" Yoona tilts her head to the side.

"... Didn't your mother teach you that you're not supposed to let anyone touch your chest because it's molestation?"

"... What's molestation...?"

"... What kind of mother do you have...?! How can she not teach you such stuffs!?"

"Eekkk...!" Yoona covers her ears and curls up her body in fear. She dislikes shouting and screaming, because she finds them scary. Sooyoung smacks her forehead and sighed, before patting the girl gently.

"Sorry. Okay. You just need to remember that you're not allow to let anyone see your chest, bum and crotch without clothes on. And don't let anyone touch them."

"Okay unnie~" The doe-eye girl smiled brightly at the girl, who was stunned for a moment by that smile. Sooyoung smiled faintly, as she ruffles the hair of the girl teasingly. Until the girl jumps up from her seat suddenly and clings on her, pressing her lips onto Sooyoung's lips.

"ACK?!" Sooyoung pushes her away quickly and stares at her, completely shocked and flustered. "W... W... What are you doing...?!"

"Huh...?" Yoona didn't understand why Sooyoung reacted so badly to that. She always sees people doing it with the person they like and she thought it's a normal way of expressing their likings. Sooyoung ends up sending Yoona back home, not forgetting to give the girl's mother a long lecture on what she should teach her innocent little girl about. The woman thanked Sooyoung, though she got lectured, and the girl bids goodbye shortly after.

Ever since, Yoona started coming out on her own to play in the rain, on the pavement right outside Sooyoung's house. It's as though she's trying to invite Sooyoung to join her but she's afraid that Sooyoung will not like it.

"You will catch a cold if you continue doing this, dummy." Sooyoung sighed, wiping the girl's hair with a towel. Every time it rains, this girl will definitely appears outside her house and every time after playing, she would come in to have herself dried by Sooyoung. It becomes a every-rainy-day routine for them, for Sooyoung to watch as Yoona plays on her own and dries her up after that.

"It's fine~ Because Sooyoungie will dry Yoona up quickly so that Yoona won't catch a cold~" Yoona smiled innocently and brightly at the girl. She really fell sick the next day though and laughed it off cheerfully when Sooyoung scolded her while visiting.

"Sooyoungie, can you come closer?" The doe-eye girl signaled to the taller girl to move closer and the moment the girl did, she springs up from her bed and took the lips of the girl with her lips. Sooyoung moves away quickly and stares at her in shock. Her face is heating up rapidly and her heart is pumping fast.

"What... W... What are you doing...?! Did I tell you that you are not supposed to do this already..?" Sooyoung stuttered slightly. Her tongue is tied up from the sudden flush of nervousness and embarrassment.

"Ehh...? But you said that Yoona should only do it with someone that Yoona real~ly like...?" Yoona tilts her head to the side, pouting. Sooyoung's heart skips a beat immediately. Does that means that the doe-eye girl likes her...? Like seriously? "Yoona real~ly likes Sooyoungie a lot~ hehe~" Yoona smiled.

Sooyoung took a step forward robotically. She doesn't know why but she feels like hugging the girl.

"Let's play in the rain together when Yoona is free from this evil~" Yoona stretches her arms into the air happily as she says that.

"N... N... No way..! I... I hate the rain...!" Sooyoung replied. She's lying. To be honest, ever since she had gotten to know Yoona, she had been looking forward to rainy days a lot. Watching the girl as the girl enjoys herself in the rain feels nice and blissful. Drying the girl up too. There're a lot of times when she even feels like running into the rain and join the girl in her fun but she resisted. She convinces herself that she hates the rain and hates getting wet in the rain every time she has that urge to run in. She's always successful but it becomes harder to convince as time passes.

She really wants to be in the rain with the girl.

She wants to be with the girl.

Enjoying themselves.

Just the two of them.

"Awww~ come on~" Yoona started throwing a fit and Sooyoung ends up agreeing to it, willingly, though she acted otherwise.

That day finally came.

But Yoona didn't appear even though Sooyoung is all prepared to get into the rain with her. She called the girl's house after waiting for quite some time but no one picked up. Feeling uneasy about it, she heads out with an umbrella, to see a scene of a horrible accident somewhere down the road that Yoona always take to come to her house.

"N... N... No way..." Sooyoung drops her umbrella, as she walks shakily towards the huge crowd gathered around the accident scene. She squeezes her way through and her eyes widen in shock. "Y... Yoona...?"

 

-----

 

The girl sighed as she stares out of the window, watching as the rain falls onto the ground outside, making every inch of the earth wet. She never like the rain. She dislikes getting wet, with her clothes on of course. And it's worse with all the mud water flowing from the side onto the pavement, making her shoes dirty whenever she walks across. Wet socks are unbearable for her. She would rather rot at home than to go out on a rainy day, be it a drizzle or a heavy rain.

Well, that's until a certain girl came into her life. Her eyes are fixed on the pavement right outside her house. That girl who always comes around to play in the rain, before coming in to get herself dried by Sooyoung.

"Sooyoung, we ran out of..." Her mother calls out from the kitchen and she literally rolled her eyes. That just means that she has to go out, even though it's raining so heavily outside.

"Can't you cook some other stuffs instead...? It's raining..." She sighed, tying to bargain with her mother. "I promised Yoona to play with her."

"You can play all you want after you get back. Go with her, Yoona." The woman stood firm with her answer and the doe-eye girl came running out from the kitchen, jumping right on the girl.

"Yay~ let's go out together, Sooyoungie~" Yoona hugs the girl tightly and the girl sighed, before glaring at her mother who is smirking at her.

"Stop using Yoona to make me run your errands, okay? This is the last time...!" Sooyoung picks up her wallet and pulls on her jacket as she complains.

"Go, go, go." The woman grins at her and watches as the two girls get out from the house together, with the doe-eye girl being energetic as ever.

Yoona started living with them since that day when the accident happened. Yoona's mother had planned to visit Sooyoung, together with Yoona, on that day. But while they are walking on the pavement, with Yoona hopping around happily in front, a car that lost control came crashing in, right behind Yoona. Yoona froze for a moment and turns around to find her mother missing, and blood is flowing out from under the car.

Her one and only kin, is now gone.

Sooyoung came after a while, to have the girl jumping into her embrace and sobbing terribly. She understood the situation immediately and decided to take Yoona back to live with her.

"I will take good care of her, Yoona's mother... Please watch over her..." She knelt down in front of the car and murmured to it, before getting up and taking Yoona away from the scene. She's afraid that Yoona will go crazy if she stayed there any longer.

For quite some time, Yoona hated the rain. Because her mother left her on a rainy day. But every time when it rains, her heart and body itches to be in it. She always pushes down the urge, until Sooyoung reaches her hand out to her one day and brings her back into the rain.

It felt warm. It's as though she's in her mother's embrace.

"Your mother has become the rain, Yoona." That's what Sooyoung told her on that day. "So don't hate the rain, okay?"

And they made a promise to play in the rain together, whenever it rains.

After buying what her mother wants, Sooyoung brought Yoona back out and the latter started running around.

"Be careful, Yoona! Don't fall!" Right when Sooyoung said that, the girl seems to have slipped. "... Jeez...!" Sooyoung ran to her side quickly, to find her giggling before jumping at Sooyoung, pushing her down.

"Gotcha~!" Yoona laughed as she lies on Sooyoung and the taller girl could only sigh. She wraps her arms around the girl slowly and stares at the girl while the girl stares back at her.

"Do you like me, Yoona?"

"Yep~" Yoona replied cheerfully.

"If I ask you to stay with me forever, will you do that?"

"Of course~ because Yoona loves Sooyoungie~" That's unexpected.

"Love is a strong word, Yoona..."

"Yoona knows~ After getting scolded by Sooyoungie, Mama taught Yoona a lot of things~! Love is the feeling that Mama has for Papa, right~?"

"... L... Love..." Sooyoung gets up slightly and cups Yoona's face gently. "Love is the feeling I have for you, Yoona..." And she went in for a kiss. Yoona stayed extremely still as Sooyoung kisses her, not knowing what she should do now to return this piece of love.

"Open your mouth, Yoona..." Sooyoung spoke in between the kisses.

"Huh?" And the tongue went in right when Yoona opens to ask for a reason. It felt weird at first but Yoona didn't resist. Because she knows that she doesn't know all these as well as Sooyoung. She knows she can trust Sooyoung on everything. The two of them continue to share the kiss in the rain, and they both caught a cold together the following day.