Time Machine

Collections

 

Alone in the room that is more spacious than usual
The tall girl is alone. In her hand, she held a ring which is the same as the one on her forth finger. She tightens her grip, as though she’s afraid to lose it. No. She couldn’t afford to lose anything anymore. The cool breeze makes her shivers but it doesn’t matter to her anymore. She believes she will feel much more colder later. Looking at the ring in her hand, then the one on her forth finger, she let out a forced chuckle. Tears swelled up in her eyes as memories flood her mind.

It’s over, guess it’s over
“This is where you left me... So I guess I should return to your here too...” She murmured to herself while she continues to look at the two rings.
The story created by the two of us was also in vain
I can’t believe it could crumble so easily

One mistake, got a one regret
Nobody is perfect
The memories continue to flood in, and she could not help but to cry. She regrets it a lot. She regrets her mistake.

Right now, if I could ride a time machine
and go to meet you
How she hopes that she could turn back time just to make up for her mistake. She still remembers that very day when the owner of this ring called her, telling her and asking her about her heart. But she brushed it off lightly and hung up on the call, not knowing the consequences.

Time slows to a crawl when I’m by myself
The punishment for my mistake is severe
She, herself, had always being a flirt. But she swears to herself, to her heart that the owner of this ring is really her one and only true love. And because of her, the owner of the ring left her. On her own, she looks at the time. It seems to have stop. Maybe it’s time. She tells herself.

The last words that you left behind
Those words that she heard through the phone. Those words that she brushed off lightly, thinking that it’s just the usual way of expression by that person. I love you a lot. If fate allows, let us meet again in next life. That’s what that person said on that day. Through that phone call.

My heart still hurts
Just one mistake, just one regret
Even now, I still love you selfishly
Her heart is aching. She really loves that person.

“Don’t worry... I’m coming now. Please forgive me... Forgive me for my mistake.. Come back to me..” She placed that ring close to her heart for one last time. She removes hers and put both rings beside her. She took out her phone and played the song, Time Machine. “How I wish I have a Time Machine.. If I have one, I could had use it to get you back, right?”

After saying that, she stood up. She’s at the edge of a tall building. The tallest in this area. This is where that person had chose to use, to leave her, to leave this world. All because of her. She could hear the door behind her opening, and the people entering screaming at her to come down. But she didn’t care. She turns around and smiles at them, leaning backwards, allowing the gravity to pull her off the edge.

She disappears from their sight. As she flies through the air, towards the earth, she sees a few heads poking out, looking down at her. She waved. She waved goodbye.

“Yoongie... I’m coming.. Please wait for me..”

“Can you stop flirting...? My heart hurts when I see you doing that, Youngie..” The doe-eye girl pouted, as she looks at her own girlfriend being surrounded with other girls who is striving to get her attention to themselves. Her girlfriend smirked and ignored her, making her heart ached even more. She knows that her girlfriend had always being a flirt, but she didn’t know that she would actually ignore her like this.

Holding in the tears that are threatening to fall out, she exits the room. She loves that girl a lot, so she will bear with it. She went to the toilet to wash her face, as she tries to forget about what Sooyoung did just now. Soon, someone’s arms wrapped around her waist and the feeling is familiar. She knows clearly, who is it.

“I’m sorry, Yoongie.. You should know how those girls are like..” Sooyoung plants a kiss on Yoona’s cheek.

“J.. Just don’t ignore me the next time.. My heart hurts when you do that..”

“Okay. I promise.. Forgive me, okay?” Sooyoung used her aegyo, before turning her girlfriend around to start a passionate kiss. Yoona nodded and returned the kiss. However, she never knew that this would be the last time they share a kiss like this.

A few days later, much to her shock, she found her girlfriend lying in bed with another girl. In their house. Both . The unknown girl cuddled so close to the tall girl and it makes the doe-eye girl feels sick. The bed that they always shared, is now dirtied by one unfaithful act.

“... C.. Choi Sooyoung!!” She screamed, waking both girls up. “.. Wh.. What’s the meaning of this..?”

“... You never give me any pleasure.. I have my needs, Yoongie.” Sooyoung didn’t even know what she is talking about. She’s still slightly drunk but Yoona didn’t know that. Her heart had been shredded into million of pieces. Her tears flows out uncontrollably as she ran out of the house. She loves that girl a lot. She knows that the girl loves her too. But that girl just keep on breaking her heart over and over again. She couldn’t take it anymore. She wants all these to end.

“Isn’t that your girlfriend? I thought you love her a lot?” The unknown girl asked.

“... I do. But she needs to be more flexible. She’s too innocent, that I didn’t get to do this at all..”

Ring~ Her phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Y... Youngie...” It’s Yoona.

“Yes?”

“D.. Do you love me?”

“Yes of course. Do you doubt me?”

“.. Can you not flirt anymore..?”

“I can’t promise.”

“... Okay..  I love you a lot. If fate allows, let us meet again in next life.”

“What are you trying to say?” Sooyoung frowned. It did sounded kind of unusual to hear Yoona saying this kind of thing but the girl beside her seems to be getting impatient while waiting to get her attention. “Sorry Yoongie, can’t talk now. I’m busy” And she hangs up on the call, not knowing the consequence.

Yoona wipes away her tears as she puts down her phone.

“Busy..? Busy with that girl? I.. don’t want to do this anymore.” Yoona murmured as she stood up. On the edge of the tallest building she can find in this area. “.. Bye, Youngie.. I love you..”

The headline of that night’s newspaper shocked the tall girl. She couldn’t believe her eyes. The picture of the girl, is her beloved girlfriend. The girl that she loves so much. The girl that she hurts so much... For days, Yoona’s family had been coming over, creating trouble for her, blaming her for Yoona’s death. She, herself, is blaming herself too. If she hadn’t hang up on that call and cares for Yoona more, she might be sitting right beside her now.

The people crowded around her. Some walk away quickly, disgusted by the sight of her dead body. Police came to control the crowd and soon, her body is removed from the scene. All they find, are the two rings and the phone. The song, Time Machine, is still playing.