Voice

Collections

 


I love her… voice.

 

 “Are you serious? Not even once?” The girl grabs the hand of her friend, or colleague, and exclaimed. The tall girl nodded and smiled awkwardly at the group of people around her.

 

“But you’re so cute. How come?” A guy asked, sighing.

 

“Fate, I guess…? I haven’t met someone suitable.” The tall girl replied, as she flips through the file in front of her, taking some notes at the side.

 

“It’s because you keep working, Sooyoung ssi. You have to keep yourself away from work and go around to meet more people.”

 

“I will let things go their way. If it’s fated, I will definitely meet someone that I love and love me too. Now, I think boss won’t be too happy to see all of you here, talking to me.” Sooyoung smiled at her colleagues and the group of them starts to walk away, leaving her alone at her desk to do her work.

 

“Psst. Sooyoung ssi…” The guy sitting opposite of her called her suddenly and passed her a piece of paper with a network address. “I met my girlfriend through this. Maybe you can try.”

 

“Thanks.” Sooyoung took the paper and placed it aside, without even looking at it. She doesn’t want to bother too much about the thing called love. She had seen too many couples getting together and breaking up. It makes her lose interest for it. Despite her look, she had never date before, because she had been rejecting every single confession made to her that guys gave up on trying.

 

Once again, tonight, she’s the only one left in the office to do her work. All her colleagues and even boss had gone home already. After around two hours pass the actual knock off time, she’s done. She noticed the piece of paper that her colleague gave her and she looked at the website address on it. Even though she has no interest, she typed the address into the address bar on her laptop and got to an online chatting website.

 

“I shouldn’t be doing this…” Sooyoung sighed as she closed her laptop and kept it into her bag, packed her stuffs and went off. She couldn’t understand why people get so serious and uptight about dating. To her, it’s useless and a waste of time, and money.

 

“Ah… I’m so sorry.” Just when she’s in deep thought, someone knocked into her by accident. She didn’t get to see the face of the girl but the voice of the girl is so sweet, sweet enough to get Sooyoung to stare at her as she continues to run. Sooyoung shrugs and walks away. It didn’t take long until she gets home, since her house is near her office.

 

She takes out her laptop and opens it, to see that web page for online chatting still open. She stares at it for a while, and she starts to remember how that colleague of hers keep on boasting that his relationship with his girlfriend is awesome and going great, and how he loves every moment with the girl. She remembers feeling kind of envious when she hears about all those sweet moments that couples have.

 

“It’s a waste of time.” She is about to close the window, but she hesitated. Her pointer moves towards the sign up button slowly, and soon, she finds herself typing in her basic information and signing into the server. Not wanting to put her real photo up, she picked one of the given ones on the portal and left the page open while she goes and wash up.

 

Beep!

 

Her laptop sounded as she came out from the bathroom. Not knowing what’s that, she sat down at her desk and looked at her laptop, noticing a chat notification. Someone talked to her.

 

From: 0530xDeer
Hello~ sorry if I disturbed you but I thought that your username is pretty… erm… Unique?

 

“Your username is unique too, whoever you are…” Sooyoung chuckles, as she clicks on the user and looks through the profile of that person. That person revealed nothing other than birthday and gender. “Female… At least it’s not some weird guy…”

 

To: 0530xDeer
Hi. Your username is kind of unique too.

 

Sooyoung replied the girl and moved her attention back to her work, but before she can start on anything, her laptop beeped again.

 

From: 0530xDeer

Ahh… Because my birthday is 30 May, hence the number 0530… Is it weird?

 

To: 0530xDeer

Nope. What about the ‘Deer’?

 

From: 0530xDeer

Because people say that my eyes look like the eyes of a doe so I have this nickname, Deer ^^

What about yours? Why ShikshinSoo?

 

To: 0530xDeer

Because I’m a shikshin :P

 

From: 0530xDeer

Really? Me too~ Let’s eat together someday! Haha~

 

To: 0530xDeer

Together…?

 

From: 0530xDeer

Just kidding. We just got to know each other, so it’s impossible. But if we do become close in future, let’s appoint a meet-up and eat together~ haha~

 

To: 0530xDeer

Mm… Sure… I guess it’s alright.

 

From: 0530xDeer

I’m not a baddie… D:

You don’t have to worry about me conning you. All my information is correct. No fakes.

 

To: 0530xDeer

You only showed you gender and birthday, miss.

 

From: 0530xDeer

Well… I can’t show too much, since it’s not too safe for me… ._.

I don’t know what kind of people there are on this web…

 

To: 0530xDeer

But you talked to me? How do you know if I’m not a baddie, trying to con you?

 

From: 0530xDeer

Mm… I just know ^^

I can feeeeeeel it~

 

Seeing that, Sooyoung chuckles. She believes what this person says. Everything. Just like what she said, Sooyoung also felt that she’s safe, talking to this girl. There’s no need for her to worry about getting conned or tricked.

 

From: 0530xDeer

How old are you~?

 

To: 0530xDeer

90’er

 

From: 0530xDeer

SAME~!!! Yay~! Same age friends!

 

To: 0530xDeer

Are you usually this hyper?

 

From: 0530xDeer

Ah… No… I’m so sorry… I’m being annoying…

 

To: 0530xDeer

No no no! I… I didn’t mean it that way. Because you sounded really hyper so I’m just asking.

 

From: 0530xDeer

Ohh… No. It’s kind of weird to say this myself but I’m pretty shy in real life… But once you get to know me, you might get annoyed by me > < And since you won’t see me online, I feel comfortable being like this :P

 

To: 0530xDeer

I see. You make me feel like meeting you to check if you’re really shy >)

 

From: 0530xDeer

Keke~ Okay! Come and meet me then! XD

 

To: 0530xDeer

Challenge accepted! Address please.

 

From: 0530xDeer

Oh my god. Are you serious? O_O

 

To: 0530xDeer

Hahahaha~ I’m just kidding!

 

From: 0530xDeer

Jeez. I was wondering why you want to meet me so soon. We barely know each other! > <”

 

To: 0530xDeer

Don’t worry. Haha~ I’m not a creeper. Plus, I’m only interested in cute people. Are you?

 

From: 0530xDeer

You sound like a creeper, alright? >D

Nah~ I’m not cute at all. I bet you are, right?

 

To: 0530xDeer

I don’t think I am. People told me I am though… > <

 

From: 0530xDeer

THEN YOU MUST BE CUTE~ Picture~ Picture~ Picture~

 

To: 0530xDeer

Wh… What?

 

From: 0530xDeer

JUST KIDDING~! Hahaha~

 

To: 0530xDeer

You… Jeez…

 

From: 0530xDeer

My revenge! XD

 

Sooyoung couldn’t stop smiling at her laptop as she chats with the girl. It’s the first time she ever neglected her work for something else. For all these time, work has been her priority. She hardly interacts with her family as well, because of her work. But now, it has completely dropped off from her mind, because of this girl who she finds interesting.

 

Even though she has not met her before, through the simple chat, she can somehow feel the bubbly and cheerful charms of the girl. Even though they are of the same age, it feels like the girl is younger. It makes Sooyoung feels like caring and protecting the girl somehow.

-----

“Sooyoung ssi, did you check the page out?” The next day, when that guy came in, he headed straight to Sooyoung’s desk and asked her about the online chat page. The girl smiled at him and shook her head, denying the fact that she did check it out and even talked to someone online. “Jeez. You should really loosen yourself from work and try to meet some people.”

 

“Next time. I got too much work right now. Thanks for the information.” Sooyoung replied, and waited for the guy to walk away before opening her Internet window. That page is still open, and she has already logged into the server. There are numerous chat requests but she rejected everything. Firstly, she wanted to concentrate on her work, at least when she’s in the office. And secondly, she doesn’t wish to talk to anyone else other than 0530xDeer. She feels comfortable talking to 0530xDeer, even though she doesn’t know her well.

 

I guess she’s working… Noticing that the status of the girl is still offline, Sooyoung sighed mentally. After working on two loads of work, she turns her head to check on the page again, sighing again when she realizes that the girl is still offline.

 

“Are you alright, Sooyoung ssi? You had been sighing quite a lot today…” One of her colleagues asked, trying to see what’s on her laptop screen.

 

“It’s nothing. Thanks for your concern.” Sooyoung replied, minimizing the window in case anyone sees the online chatting page.

 

For the whole morning, Sooyoung finds it hard to concentrate on her work, and she keeps on turning over to check on the page, rejecting all new chat requests and refreshing to make sure that she didn’t miss the moment when the girl comes online.

 

… I guess she won’t be coming online now… Sooyoung almost sighed again but she stops herself, remembering what her colleague asked her earlier. She looked at her work, not exactly surprised to realize that she’s working slower than usual. I should stop this… My speed is getting a little too bad…

 

She closes her laptop and concentrates on her work, speeding through almost half of her workload, now that she is not distracted. Soon, her colleagues are standing up and stretching themselves, ready to go for lunch.

 

“Sooyoung ssi, let’s go for lunch. I know a good café that sells great food. Overall, it’s just awesome.” One of the guys called out to her.

 

“You just mean the cute girl, don’t you?” Another colleague grins at him.

 

“What…? You would like to see her too, don’t you?”

 

“What cute girl…?” Sooyoung raised an eyebrow as she takes her purse and phone, walking towards the group.

 

“There’s a cute girl working at the café. REALLY CUTE~! Come on, let’s go already!” The guys are obviously impatient right now. The whole group of them exits the office and walk for around ten minutes, stopping outside a beautifully decorated café. Sooyoung looks around, liking the atmosphere and furnishing of the café. It gives out a very comforting and nice feeling.

 

“There she is~ Cute as ever~” The guys pointed to a girl who’s sweeping the corner of the café. Sooyoung turns over to look at her, agreeing that she’s indeed very cute. So cute that she couldn’t stop staring.

 

Long, silky hair... Beautiful eyes… just like a doe… Slender legs and fingers… She seems almost perfect. Sooyoung thought, sitting down with her colleagues while her eyes are still on that girl. The girl seems to have noticed her stare and smiled at her shyly.

 

Shy too. So cute…

 

“Yoona ssi, come and help with the orders.” One of the café staffs called out to the doe-eye girl.

 

“Okay.” Yoona replied, keeping the broom and dustpan before going behind the counter. She washed her hands thoroughly and starts to help with the preparation of the orders, by Sooyoung’s group.

 

That voice… Once again, Sooyoung turns to look at the girl. It’s that same voice that she got attracted to last night.

 

“Ah… I’m so sorry.”

 

That sentence ringed in her mind. That sweet voice that she likes. Somehow, she’s glad that she had found the owner of the voice. She could only remember the back view of the girl from last night, and it matches the back view of this doe-eye girl.

 

Doe eyes… 0530xDeer said that she has doe eyes as well. She must has beautiful eyes…

 

Once again, 0530xDeer came into her mind.

 

“Here’s your order…” The doe-eye girl came over with a tray, filled with cups of coffee. One by one, she puts it down on the tables carefully. She knows that those guys are staring at her and she tries her best to ignore it, even though she’s feeling uncomfortable about it.

 

“Guys… You’re making her uncomfortable…” Sooyoung sighed, taking the tray from the girl. “I will return the tray later. Thanks.”

 

“A… Ahh... T… Thank you…” Yoona bowed and walked away, returning to her workstation. Sooyoung smiles to herself, not letting anyone notice it, as she peeks at the girl occasionally. She doesn’t know why, but the girl interests her.

-----

To: 0530xDeer

Busy?

 

For the whole day, she hadn’t seen the girl coming online yet. She couldn’t believe that she actually sat at her desk, doing nothing but waiting for the girl to come online. At the very moment when the status of the girl changes, she double-clicked on the girl’s username and talked to her.

 

From: 0530xDeer

Nope~ Not now. I can’t be online in the morning and afternoon since I have to work but I’m VERRRYYYY free at night ^^

 

To: 0530xDeer

I see. No wonder you’re not online for the whole day until now.

 

From: 0530xDeer

You are online for the whole day?

 

To: 0530xDeer

Kind of. But I just left it there without touching it.

 

From: 0530xDeer

I see. I see.

 

Sooyoung is pretty sure about her decision to not tell the girl that she’s actually waiting for her to come online for the whole day, resulting in her getting distracted from her work greatly. Despite that, she still managed to finish everything perfectly, like she usually does. At this moment, she suddenly got reminded of the doe-eye girl at the café and her sweet voice that she likes.

 

To: 0530xDeer

By the way, you said that your eyes are similar to the eyes of the doe, right?

 

From: 0530xDeer

That’s what people say. So… I guess?

 

To: 0530xDeer

Your eyes must be beautiful then…

 

From: 0530xDeer

What…? Why?

 

To: 0530xDeer

I saw a girl today. Her eyes are like the eyes of the doe as well and it’s really beautiful… And she’s cute too. You must be cute, I suppose?

 

From: 0530xDeer

No~~~ I’m not~! My eyes… are pretty alright, I guess…

 

To: 0530xDeer

You are looking into a mirror?

 

From: 0530xDeer

How did you know?!

 

To: 0530xDeer

I can see your every move… Hahahahaha!

 

From: 0530xDeer

You sound like a creeper D:

Sorry but I got people staring at me for no reason today and it’s enough already…

 

To: 0530xDeer

Sorry… But why are they staring at you? You must be good looking if people are staring at you…

 

From: 0530xDeer

Stop saying that I’m good looking or cute… I’m not. I don’t know why are they staring at me.

 

To: 0530xDeer

Araso. Araso. I’m sorry. D:

 

From: 0530xDeer

Nah~ It’s okay ^^

Talking about cute girl, I saw one today as well.

 

To: 0530xDeer

Really?

 

From: 0530xDeer

Yea~ She was with that group of people that keep staring at me. And she helped me. Beautiful girl with a beautiful heart~

 

To: 0530xDeer

Sounds like a great person :D

 

From: 0530xDeer

She is! Haha.

 

To: 0530xDeer

By the way… do you think it’s possible to be attract to someone because of his or her voice?

 

From: 0530xDeer

Sure. Why not? You’re attracted to someone?

 

To: 0530xDeer

I guess you can put it that way. The girl I talked about has a very sweet voice… I like it a lot…

 

From: 0530xDeer

Ohhh~ So you’re attracted to girls?

 

To: 0530xDeer

Huh? W… What? I… Erm… I don’t know… I didn’t date before. I didn’t even fall in love before.

 

From: 0530xDeer

Me too~

So, are you going to confess? Keke~

 

To: 0530xDeer

It’s too fast. I don’t even know her and, I don’t even know if I really do like her in that way. I just like her voice a lot. Plus, I know nothing about dating…

 

From: 0530xDeer

Want to play the dating game with me? Since the both of us has absolutely no experience in dating, let’s help each other to learn about it so we can be prepared in future! Haha~

 

To: 0530xDeer

S… sure.

 

From: 0530xDeer

What? I’m just kidding though. You really want to…?

 

To: 0530xDeer

I… don’t mind…? It’s just a game… Plus, I really need some knowledge about dating…

 

From: 0530xDeer

Mm… Okay then… Alright! Let’s play then!

 

To: 0530xDeer

Okay!

 

From: 0530xDeer

You be the boyfriend!

 

To: 0530xDeer

What? Why?

 

From: 0530xDeer

I want to be the girl~ keke~

 

To: 0530xDeer

Jeez. Araso!

 

Sooyoung chuckles. She felt a little excited about this game that she going to be playing with 0530xDeer. She has never date before and right now, she might be able to experience everything that she had never experienced before. She thought it must be sweet and nice, according to all the dramas and movies, and also, after looking at the people around her.

-----

“Are you dating, Sooyoung ssi?” Her colleague asked.

 

“Huh…? No... Why?” Sooyoung asked, putting down her phone.

 

“You had been texting really frequently… I thought you are chatting with your partner.”

 

“Oh… Just chatting with a friend.” Sooyoung replied, smiling. After chatting with 0530xDeer online for nearly a month, daily without fail, they decided to exchange numbers and bring their chats to their phones. They would go on with their little game, pretending to be a couple in love but in between the couple-liked chat, Sooyoung will talk to her about the doe-eye girl at the café.

 

Ever since the first time, she had been frequenting the café, just so that she can hear the voice of the girl. She finds herself getting attracted to the doe-eye girl’s voice more at each visit, and also to the girl. But at the same time, she couldn’t stop thinking about 0530xDeer as well. She loves how 0530xDeer keeps her company, makes her laugh and play around with her. Until now, she’s the only one that is able to make Sooyoung neglects her work.

 

She wants to know more about 0530xDeer, and at the same, about the doe-eye girl. Finally, one day, she got the courage to approach the doe-eye girl.

 

“H… Hi.” Sooyoung greets the girl with a smile.

 

“Oh… Hi.” The doe-eye girl returns her smile with a sweet smile that captivated Sooyoung instantly. “May I help you?”

 

“Oh… Erm… Just want to chat with you.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Oh… It’s nothing…” Sooyoung walked away quickly, feeling awkward. She slaps herself mentally for disturbing the girl like that.

 

“Erm… I have some free time now…” Just then, the girl came over and talked to her, blushing slightly.

 

“R… Really? S… Sit down then…” Sooyoung’s face brightens up. And that awkward little chat marks the start of their friendship, and also, an advance in Sooyoung’s feeling for the girl. She got to know the girl better. Her name is Yoona and just like Sooyoung, she’s a 90’er as well. For nearly a whole month, Sooyoung neglected the online chat completely and also, absent-mindedly ignoring the messages from 0530xDeer.

 

“What’s wrong…? You look down...” Sooyoung asked, noting Yoona’s expression. It’s being half way through the second month ever since they first chatted with each other, and Sooyoung will go to the café every day, just to chat with her.

 

“Nothing… Just that I hadn’t been able to contact a friend of mine for nearly one month. She didn’t even tell me what happen and disappeared suddenly…” Yoona sighed, putting her phone aside. That reminded Sooyoung of 0530xDeer instantly. She gasps in her mind, as she pulls out her phone quickly, and looks through all the messages that she ignored for one and a half month, feeling bad. That night, she got back home and went online immediately, to find that the girl isn’t online.

 

“… 0530xDeer…” Sooyoung sighed, as she stares at the screen. She’s unsure if she should text the girl. After all, she ignored her for nearly one and a half month. The girl probably doesn’t want to talk to her anymore. Her attention went to her calendar, and she realizes that today is the 9th of February. “Ah… It’s tomorrow…”

-----

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SOOYOUNG SSI~!” Everyone cheered as they popped the poppers in their hands, the very moment when Sooyoung steps into the office. They presented a cake to her and before she could react, they smashed the cake into her face, much to her surprise.

 

“You guys…” Sooyoung sighed, as she tries to wipe of the cream on her clothes and hair. The whole place is noisy, as they sang the birthday song for her and gave her some presents, celebrating her birthday for her. Until their boss came out from the office with a stern look.

…..

“Hahaha~ So you got caked?” The doe-eye girl laughed as the tall girl explained about the stains on her clothes.

 

“You’re so mean… How can you still laugh?” Sooyoung pouted.

 

“Fine… Sorry. Happy birthday, Sooyoung~” Yoona smiled. “I couldn’t get anything for you. Sorry.”

 

“It’s okay.” Sooyoung replied. Just you being here with me is good enough…

 

The two of them continue to chat, until Yoona has to get back to her work. Sooyoung bided her goodbye and went back home, to wash herself and clothes. After washing up, she turns on her laptop and accessed the online chat again, to be notified about a personal message.

 

From: 0530xDeer

H… Hey… Still remember me…? I don’t know why are you ignoring me suddenly… But I guess it’s because I’m too annoying… I’m so sorry.

 

No, 0530xDeer… You’re not annoying. Not at all. Sooyoung felt a pain in her heart suddenly. She could feel the sadness from the message. From those sentences. She had not been receiving messages again since half a month ago, after she ignored the girl’s messages for one month. The last online date for the girl, is also half a month ago. Sooyoung sighed as she continues to read the message, feeling really bad.

 

I don’t know anymore… You said that you’re willing to play the game with me, to let the both of us learn more about dating. But you disappear suddenly when we barely get to the important parts. I know I’m annoying but… can you at least inform me…? It’s sad to be ignored... It hurts too…

 

Okay. I’m sorry for sending such a message to you today. Please continue to ignore me…

 

Nevertheless, Happy birthday, Shikshin. ^^

 

Sooyoung couldn’t stop her tears. She doesn’t know why but her heart is hurting so much as she reads the message. She wants to find this girl at this very moment, and hugs her, tell her that she’s sorry as well. But at the same time, she feels confused. She knows that she likes, or maybe loves, the doe-eye girl but at the same time, she felt something special towards 0530xDeer. Does this mean that she has developed feelings for two girls?

 

0530xDeer… Please reply me… Sooyoung typed in a message on her phone quickly, apologizing to the girl. For thirty minutes, there’s no reply. Feeling of getting ignored. She felt it and it really does hurt. Especially when it’s by someone she actually likes.

 

To: Deer

I’m really sorry... I… I didn’t mean to ignore you. Can you please reply me? Tell me where are you now, please. I don’t know… Please let me meet you now. I want to meet you. I want to meet you today…

 

Sooyoung sent yet another message to the girl, praying for a reply but another thirty minutes pass and her phone remains still and quiet.

 

Beep!

 

Her laptop sounded and she hops over quickly, to see a message with an attachment on the online chat page. She opened the file, and saw an image of a cake, with the words ‘Happy Birthday, Shikshin’ on it.

 

From: 0530xDeer

Even though you’re ignoring me, I just want to let you know that I’m still holding on to this friendship that we share…

 

No, 0530xDeer… I don’t think my feelings are purely for friendship anymore… Sooyoung sighed as she reads on.

 

Here’s a cake for you. And… don’t laugh at me if you ever open the attachment… > <” I doubt that you will though… I’m just annoying you right now so… sorry and… Happy birthday.

 

Sooyoung clicked on the attachment quickly and download the attached file. It’s a recording. Wondering what can it be, she opens the file and sits down, waiting for it to load.

 

“Test. Test.” A voice came and Sooyoung’s eyes widen. “Ah. Ah. Okay. Erm… Hi? Y… Yea it’s 0530xDeer here. Hope you can hear me clearly… The recording app isn’t very… good…”

 

Wa… wait… this voice… Sooyoung stares blankly at her laptop screen as she listens intensely to the recording.

 

“Okay. Happy birthday, Shikshin~ Since we didn’t meet before, this is the only thing I can think of to give it to you as a gift. Haha~ So… don’t laugh okay? Ready? Okay.

 

Happy birthday to you~

Happy birthday to you~

Happy birthday to my dearest Shikshin~~

Happy birthday to you~~

 

Wooo!!!! Happy birthday, Shikshin~!! Hahaha~ How is it…? Is my singing alright? I hope so…

 

Erm… I don’t know what to say anymore… Haha… H… Happy birthday once again~” With that, the recording ended. Tears are flowing uncontrollably as Sooyoung listens to the recording. With her fists balled up tightly, she felt a strong tug on her heart. That voice sounded so familiar. It’s so sweet and nice. It’s that voice. Banging her table, she wipes her tears away quickly, grabs her coat and ran out of her house.

-----

“… I hope she got my messages…” The girl sighed, taking out her phone to check the messages. She noticed the two messages from Shikshin and a smile appears on her face instantly. But even before she can open the messages to read, a figure crashes into her instantly and a pair of arms wraps around her tightly. “W… What… Wh… Who?”

 

“0530xDeer…” The figure murmured.

 

“H… Huh?” The girl recognized the voice instantly. “S… Sooyoung?”

 

“You’re her, aren’t you?! Yoona, please answer me…” Sooyoung moved away from the hug and shook the girl, tears flowing uncontrollably.

 

“W… Why are you crying, Sooyoung…?” Yoona pulls out her handkerchief and helps Sooyoung to wipe her tears, but Sooyoung grabs her hand, stopping her.

 

“Answer me! Are you…?”

 

“Am I what…?”

 

“0530xDeer…” Hearing that, Yoona’s expression changes instantly. opens slightly and her eyes widen, obviously surprised. “You’re... 0530xDeer, aren’t you…?”

 

“I… I… Y… You are…” Yoona loses her voice suddenly. She couldn’t say out what she wanted to say all of the sudden.

 

“I… I’m ShikshinSoo… I’m the pabo ShikshinSoo that had been ignoring your messages, 0530xDeer…” Sooyoung cried, hugging the girl tightly.

 

“S… ShikshinSoo…? Y… You’re… ShikshinSoo…?” Yoona finds it hard to process all the information given to her at this time. Sooyoung nodded as she tightens her hold on the doe-eye girl, not wanting to let go. “… H… How did you know that it’s me…?”

 

“Your voice. I… love your voice, Yoona. When I hear that recording, I couldn’t stop crying. It’s that voice that I love, Yoona… Your voice…” Sooyoung continues to cry as she speaks. “I… I’m so sorry… I… I really didn’t mean to ignore your messages, Yoona…”

 

“… I… If it’s true… You aren’t ignoring me, are you…? You had been talking to me… through the time when you’re ignoring me on the phone…” Yoona sighed, patting the girl on her back.

 

“I love you, Yoona…”

 

“H… Huh?”

 

“The cute girl that I’m interested in is you, Yoona. I love you.”

 

“S… Sooyoung…”

 

“I was confused at first… Because I felt something special for both Yoona and 0530xDeer, but now that I know that you are 0530xDeer and 0530xDeer is you, I couldn’t be happier… I really love you…”

 

“S… Sooyoung, this… this is…”

 

“Sudden. I know…” Sooyoung pulls away from the hug and looks at the girl with a sad expression. “I wasn’t expecting you to accept me. I… I just want to let you know my feelings for you…”

 

Yoona stares at the girl for a moment and watches as the girl turns away, and moves further away from her. Something in her is telling her to stop the girl.

 

“… S… Sooyoung!” She listened to that tiny voice in her. Sooyoung turns around and looks at her, obviously wondering why she called her. “E… Erm… I… I… I want to stop the game…”

 

“… Okay. I understand…” Sooyoung could feel her heart breaking into million pieces as she hears that. Just when she’s about to leave again, Yoona stops her.

 

“H… H… How about… erm…” Yoona stammered, as she tries to say out what she wants to say. What her heart wants to express. “Erm… We… We d… do it for real…?”

 

“W… What?” Sooyoung didn’t understand what she means.

 

“S… Stop playing a… and do it for real…” Yoona blushed instantly and looked away, feeling embarrassed. She couldn’t deny it. Her feelings for both Sooyoung and ShikshinSoo. She couldn’t deny it at all. She wants the actual process instead of just a game. It took Sooyoung quite a while to process everything completely and a shocked expression appears on Sooyoung’s face.

 

“R… Really?! Y… You mean we… we…” Sooyoung rushed back to Yoona’s side instantly and grabbed the girl by her shoulders.

 

“D… D… Dating… W… We do it for real… S… Should we…?” Yoona’s face turns even redder. Sooyoung didn’t reply. She doesn’t need to. Her reaction is enough. The tall girl pulls the doe-eye girl close and presses her lips on the girl’s. Though surprised at first, Yoona returns it soon after.

 

“I love you, Yoona…” Sooyoung hugs the girl after the kiss, smiling to herself. Her broken heart is mended and a layer of strong force surrounds it. The force called love.

 

“I… I love you too…” Yoona replied, smiling as well. The two of them stayed in that position for quite a while and Sooyoung knows that this is going to be the best birthday present ever. Nothing beats this.

 

I love her everything.