Runaway Princess

Collections

Requested by colleenorcullo
I hope it's what you wanted =v=;

 

Everyone believed that the term 'princess' will only appear in relationship or in a family. It's a way of addressing someone precious and important to them. Someone that they love. But they didn't know that in their country, there lives a real princess.

She isn't the daughter of the President or anyone from the Cabinet. But being descendants of the royalty, her family is highly respected by those around, even the government. The only daughter of the family is called the Princess.

Being the only child, her parents doted on her a lot but still make sure that they will not spoil her. They hired tutors for homeschooling, resulting in her being held back at home for the whole of life till now. The only access to the outside world for her is through her laptop.

"Father... I really want to visit this place..." The girl held on to the piece of printed paper in her hand, showing it to her father who's busy with his work.

"No means no, Yoona. The outside world is way too dangerous for you. For a princess." The man didn't even look up from his work as he replies.

"... I-I promise I won't bug you to let me go out if you let me go on this trip! Never again! Just this once!"

"I said no."

"Father..."

"Yoona, please!" The man banged the desk so hard that it shocked the girl greatly. It's the first time her father ever denied her request so strongly. Her eyes darken as her feeling gets worse and she turns away sharply, taking her leave with the paper crushed and dropped to the ground.

For the first time, she had such a thoughts. To rebel.

She headed straight for her room and started packing her clothes. She even learnt how to get a plane ticket online as got it successfully. She knows that she would need her passport but it wasn't with her. Her parents are holding on to it.

That night, she sneaks into her parents' room and searched for her passport quietly. She already had her escape route readied. Being in the house for so many years, she already know how those guards around her house move about during their patrol. She just needs to avoid them.

"Ah ha...!" Finally, she found all the passports in one of her mother's drawers and she takes hers, throwing back the rest before making her exit.

For the first time in her entire life, she's going to step out of this house. Carrying her bag on her back, she tiptoes to her room door and peeks out. No one? Time to move. The interior of the house is still rather easy but the exterior is more heavily guarded, increasing the difficulty.

"My effort would be wasted if they catch me heading out but..." Yoona bits her lips nervously as she looks at the number of guards outside. She needs to escape via the difficult route now. There's an area that's rather unguarded as the outside is a steep slope that is impossible to climb.

Yoona climbed up the wall after stacking some bigger books she brought from her room and pulled out a rope while she's sitting on top of the wall. She ties the rope to the light and tugs on it to make sure it's tight before wrapping the other end to her hands.

"... You can do this..." Yoona gulped at the sight of the steep slope before jumping off the wall with the rope in hand. She had a bad landing onto the slope but the rope prevented her from rolling down.

She abseiled down the remaining part of the slope carefully before taking out a lighter to burn off the rope. She watches the fire to make sure it does its job correctly and nothing goes wrong before making her run.

Finally. She's out.

Even though she's sure that no one will recognize her, she puts on a cap, along with a sunglasses and a mask.

"Now the airport... Which airport do I go to though..." The girl stops in her steps to think. At this moment, she felt herself being pulled to the side and a bicycle zoomed past in front of her the next instant. She collapsed from the shock immediately. "... W-What..."

"Why are you on the street in the middle of the night?" A voice diverted her attention away from the empty street. Right beside her, stood a lean figure. "It's not safe. Go back home."

"N-No...! I don't want to!" Yoona got up quickly. "I'm not going back there... It's not easy for me to come out so until I get to see those beautiful deers in Japan and enjoys the nice hot springs, I'm not going back."

"A runaway? Wow. No wonder." The person, now that Yoona is standing up and looking closely, is a girl who seems to be around her age.

"I'm not a runaway! I-I'm just taking a break from home at the moment...!"

"Do your family know about this?"

"....... No..."

"Sounds like a perfect runaway to me. Let's get you back home safely. Come on." The girl grabbed Yoona by her wrist, wanting to lead her away but the doe-eye girl resisted strongly.

"No!!!! I'm not going back!!! I want to go Japan! I want to see those deers...!" Yoona starting crying, surprising the girl. Even though she can't see the tears due to the sunglasses and mask, she could easily figure it out due to the cracked voice. "... I-I will never get the chance again if I go back now... Father never let me out of the house before... They told me it's not safe for me..."

"... Well... They're not wrong but keeping you in for so long isn't right too..." The girl loosens her grip slowly, sympathizing with the crying doe-eye girl. "... Why do you want to visit Japan? Why those deers?"

"... T-Those people in my house always say that my eyes are beautiful like those of a deer... I want to see it for myself, if a deer's eyes are the same as mine..." Yoona replied shyly.

"... Okay... Fine. I won't bring you back but I have to tell you that for someone who had never come out from their house for their entire life, the outside world would seem so much more harsher than it is to other people. You might not be able to endure it. Are you sure that you want to do this? On your own?"

"Y-You can come with me...!" Yoona grabbed the hands of the girl excitedly.

"What?! I'm not going with you! I didn't say I want to go Japan!"

"Ehh... But you were asking if I'm sure I want to go alone... Isn't it because you wanted to tag along too?"

"NO!"

"Don't you want to see the deers?"

"The zoo has plenty."

"The hot spring?"

"Traveling just to take a bath? I would rather just go to the bathhouse and sweat it out at the sauna before taking a dip into the nice water."

"I-I will pay for your fee! Come with me, okay? You seem like a nice person. Father says not to trust people easily but you don't seem like you would betray me."

"I'm not even going to go with you, let alone betray."

"Please...? The cute deers? The healing hot spring? The comics a-"

"Comics. Fine. Let's go. You will need to wait for a while though. I need to grab my passport and some clothes for change." The girl settled on the deal instantly after hearing the word, comics. She's not exactly someone who is crazy about comics but she yearns to own her own instead of having to go to the bookshop and browses with fear that she would get caught and be kicked out from the place. She just doesn't have the money for that.

"It's okay! The flight is in the morning so we can waste a bit of time." Yoona grins. The girl stares at her weirdly for a moment before asking her to follow. They stopped by a short building and went up to the roof level. Yoona looks around in awe, at the unusual setting outside a small, storage-liked house.

A punching bag that looks like it has been fixed a lot of times and some clothes hanger. Some pots of plants and some dried food being left out to be dried by the Sun in the morning and forgotten completely by their owner.

"Only the punching bag is mine... Come in and wait... It's chilly outside." The girl opens the door to the small apartment and let the doe-eye girl in.

"Woah~ you live here?" Yoona asked innocently.

"Yes. Why?" The girl replied, packing her stuffs as quickly as possible.

"It's the same size as my bathroom..."

"... Are you some filthy rich dude's daughter?" The girl narrowed her eyes at the doe-eye girl, feeling sort of mocked and upset even though she knows the girl doesn't mean anything bad.

"M-My father isn't some filthy rich dude... That doesn't sound nice..." Yoona replied timidly. "... W-We do have a bit of money b-but it's not like we are really that rich... I-I think..."

"... Whatever..." The girl sighed and continues packing. Yoona started looking around the small place, noting the certificates stuck on the wall. It looks like the only place that's being taken care of greatly.

"Mixed martial art national first... Female category... Mixed martial art international second runner up..." Yoona reads out the words slowly. "Is this something awesome? First place sounds great."

"... It's my pride. Come on. Let's go." The girl zipped up her bag and flings it over her shoulder, ready to go.

"Do you need a new bag? It lo-"

"Now, stop pointing out on how poor I am and get moving before I change my mind, Miss Rich Girl."

"I-I'm sorry...! I-I didn't mean anything bad... I..."

"I know. I know. Let's go already. The airport isn't right beside this place, okay? We still need to buy my ticket too." The girl rushed the doe-eye girl out of the place and locked the door. She stuck a note on the door, saying that she would be out for a few days before heading off with the girl. "Anyway, I'm Choi Sooyoung. You can just call me Sooyoung or Soo."

"I'm Yoona. Thank you for coming with me." The doe-eye girl smiled.

"... If you're smiling, I'm going to tell you that I can't see anything because of your sunglasses and mask."

"O-Oh...! Right..." Yoona took off her sunglasses and mask quickly before flashing another smile at the girl. Sooyoung froze for a moment before looking away, feeling embarrassed all of the sudden. She never expected the girl to look this good... Well, she's expecting someone with beautiful eyes but this girl isn't just that. Her entire feature is beyond average. "Sooyoung? Sooyoung, how are we going to get to the airport?"

"... Y-You have some cash wit- ah never mind. Since you're going to be paying at Japan..." Sooyoung leads Yoona to the nearest convenience store. She asked Yoona to wait outside for a moment as she goes in to borrow the phone to call a cab. Her allowance for the entire month is flying away soon. She came out, to see the doe-eye girl chatting with a man happily. A drunkard at that.

"Pretty young miss, should we... HICK! Should we grab a key an-" The man grabs Yoona's hand and rubbed it on his own cheek. Yoona felt a shiver down her spine but she didn't know how to handle it anymore. Not that she understand what he meant by grabbing a key. And she will never know what he's going to say after that.

Because Sooyoung came and dragged her away. Whipping out a towel, Sooyoung wiped Yoona's hand thoroughly.

"First rule of the world outside your house, never ever talk to anyone like that man from before. Those people who couldn't even talk or stand properly, and have completely flushed face like that man, are drunkards. Drunkards are dangerous people for a naive girl like you." Sooyoung fold the towel with the dirty area at the inside and keeps it back into her bag.

Just as she's about to pick up her bag from the floor, she notices the drunkard coming closer again. Instinctively, she pulled Yoona behind her and did a high kick, hitting accurately at the man's temple and knocking him out. It freaked Yoona out greatly.

"H-He... He... Y-You..." Yoona's eyes are darting around furiously between the unconscious man and the tall girl in front of her. She had never seen anything like this before and it's a terrible shock to her.

"Calm down..! He's okay! I only knock him out so he won't cause anymore trouble for other people. He will wake up later. Let's go." Sooyoung held her hand out towards the girl and waited for her to grab it. Yoona stares at the unconscious man worriedly before holding Sooyoung's hand, allowing the girl to lead her further down to wait for their cab to arrive.

…..

Yoona stares at her surrounding with fascination. She almost wanted to run off on her own to check out every single thing but Sooyoung caught her by her back collar and pulled her back, locking her head under her arm before dragging her towards the ticketing counter.

"The plane for this timing is fully booked, miss. The next one would be at 11:00 AM." The staff said, looking at the screen for a while before looking up at the two girls.

"... We... We can't change it? The ticket she had..." Sooyoung asked.

"There wouldn't be much of a problem. Hold on a moment." The staff proceeds to carry out the procedure. "First class, still?"

"Ah n-"

"Neh." Yoona was a bit faster and louder than Sooyoung, who merely stares at her blankly.

"I'm sorry but... Please drop one class for the plane seats... This girl just doesn't know how to save up money..." Sooyoung requested kindly and the nice staff did as she asked for. After getting their tickets, Sooyoung drags Yoona to a corner and settled her down, crossing her arms and staring down at her.

"... W-What...?" Yoona asked, not making any eye contact. She doesn't know what wrong she did but she knows that the girl isn’t really happy...

"... I don't know how rich you are but please, learn how to save up. It's your father's money you're spending right now, Yoona. Don't go around spending it as you like. If there's no need for it, don't waste it. Just like the plane tickets. We would be comfortable enough with economic class or business class. But you went for first class anyway. That's a waste of money."

"... I... I... I'm sorry..." Yoona apologized.

"Don't need to say sorry to me... I'm just telling you not to waste money unnecessarily. I don't care if you're going to be annoyed by my nagging but as a poor person, I'm very sensitive towards money issues. And since you asked me to come along, bear with it."

"I will. Don't worry. I'm an obedient girl." Yoona grins and a sudden idea struck her mind. She fishes out her wallet and s it into Sooyoung's hand. "You keep this for me. This way I can only spend money after going through you, right?"

".... Second rule of the world outside your pretty house, NEVER EVER TRUST ANYONE WITH YOUR MONEY." Sooyoung smacks Yoona on the head with the wallet and shove it back into Yoona's hand. "What if I'm just out to cheat your money? What will you do if I run off with your wallet, and leave you here on your own without money?"

"... B-But you won't do it... Sooyoung is a nice girl... I know I-"

"It's only based on what you feel about me right now, Yoona. There are tons of con-artists out there. They make you believe that they are nice people and bam! They leave you dying after they cheated you off all your wealth. Get it? Keep that wallet out of people's sight. Now."

"... C-Can't you-"

"NO. Do I have to repeat myself?"

"... No... But... It's just that... I really do trust you... You won't leave me alone to die. You won't cheat me and betray me..."

"Whatever you feel about me, I don't care. Just don't trust anyone with your money. It's yours so take care of it on your own. We would be together anyway. I will stop you when I feel that you're wasting money." Sooyoung pats the girl and ruffles the hair of the girl gently. Yoona smiled at her brightly and nodded, keeping her wallet immediately.

Sooyoung couldn't stop staring. It's rare... To see someone this pure and innocent. And naive too. It makes her feels like protecting her. Yoona yawned and rubbed her eyes. She haven't gotten any sleep yet and she's sleepy. The wait is making her all drowsy.

"Lean over. I will wake you up when it's time to check in our luggage. We should be able to bring it onboard since we didn't bring much..." Sooyoung pulls the girl closer to her and the girl rested comfortably against her shoulder. It didn't take long until the girl fell asleep. Sooyoung stayed extremely still the whole time, fighting with her own sleepiness as she waits on.

 

The long wait is finally over when the sky gets brighter. Sooyoung wakes the girl up and they washed up briefly at the restroom before going to a café to get their breakfast. Yoona paid for everything with a card, something that Sooyoung would never be able to own. Not that she wants one. It would only lead to overspending.

“…” Yoona started staring at her phone blankly, at the time indicated on the screen.

“What’s wrong?” Sooyoung asked, sipping on her coffee.

“… It’s about time they wake up… They’re going to find out that I’m missing and…” Yoona sighed. “I hope we can get on the plane soon…”

“... Are you sure you should really do this? It’s better to let them know s-“

“They would never agree to it! I-I begged him to let me too but he just refuses to… Saying the outside world is way too dangerous for someone like me…” Yoona protested.

“… Araso… Araso… We should be able to enter the departure hall soon.” Sooyoung checks the clock on the wall as she stands up. The two of them went out of the café and at that very moment, Yoona’s phone starting ringing. Yoona turns off her phone immediately, dumping it into her bag. “… Yoona…”

“… Can’t we go in now? I feel safer after we go in…”

“I’m not sure… I have never taken a plane before too…” 

Meanwhile, back at the doe-eye girl’s bedroom, the man banged the desk hard. He never expected his daughter to run away like that. And she even managed to do it successfully with all the patrolling guards. They woke up in the morning to see a drawer being left opened with the passports lying right on the top.

“HOW CAN YOU LET A GIRL GET OUT SO EASILY?! HOW AM I GOING TO TRUST YOU WITH THE SECURITY OF MY PLACE NOW?” He scolded the head of the guards.

“… I-I’m sorry… Princess Yoona might had climbed the wall at the area where we patrol less frequently due to the steep slope outside the wall… W-We found some books and a burnt rope there…” The guard apologized.

“I don’t care about how she gets out. I want her back now! She’s on her own in this dangerous world. If she gets even a strand of her hair plucked off, ALL OF YOU ARE GETTING FIRED.”

“YES, SIRE!” The guard saluted and went out, commanding his men immediately.

“Dear… Will Yoona be alright…? She has never been outside before…” A woman came into the room, her face showing her worries.

“Don’t worry, my lady. We will find her and bring her back. No matter where she runs to, we will definitely bring her back safely… Shall we go now?”

“Neh…”

-----

“I-I-Is the plane coming yet? Are we boarding yet?” Yoona asked, looking at the clock before turning to Sooyoung anxiously. She’s pretty sure her parents are on the way to the airport already. They probably know where she’s heading to, since she was talking about it to her father yesterday. “… W… We will snoop around Tokyo first, okay? They would probably head straight for Nara…”

“Anything… Are you really sure about this? Will I get into trouble for this…? Rich dads are usually scary when it comes to their daughters…” Sooyoung starts to get uneasy with Yoona being like this. It seems like her father would drag her back home if he finds her and keeps her there for the rest of her life, punishing those who helped her in her plan in the worst ways ever.

“I won’t let them. They are nice except that they don’t allow me to come out…” Yoona replied, staring at her ticket and at the boarding announcement board.

“Passengers for Flight Number K405, please proceed to the departure hall for boarding.”

“OKAY LET’S GO. QUICKLY.” Yoona shot up from her seat instantly, dragging Sooyoung along as she rushed to the departure hall entrance. They got in pretty soon and got all the checks done swiftly. And finally, they’re on board the plane.

Back at the airport, a huge group of men in formal, black suit rushed in and went in all directions. The couple sat down at the nearest seats, with the guard chief standing by their side, communicating with his men through the walkie-talkie efficiently.

“Sire, we couldn’t find her anywhere. Princess Yoona might had boarded the plane already.” The chief informed the couple politely.

“Get the tickets. We are heading to Japan.” The man ordered.

“Understood.”

-----

“Is the plane taking off yet?” Yoona asked, being unable to sit still until the plane took off without any trouble for her.

“Yoona, please calm down… They wouldn’t be able to take this flight either way. It’s full. Unless they are of someone with REALLYYYY big authority, I doubt that the airport would allow them to just get on by taking some passengers on this flight off the list…” Sooyoung sighed.

“… Really…? That’s a relief…” Yoona let out a sigh, finally sitting down properly. True enough, her parents aren’t able to get on the same flight as her and, as much as they are worried about Yoona, they didn’t want to give other people too many troubles as well, so they agreed for the next earliest flight they can get.

The hour hand strikes at 11, and the plane gets ready for its take-off. It’s the first time ever for Yoona, to be separated from her parents with such long distance…

…..

“TOKYOOOOOO~! IT’S TOKYO!” The doe-eye girl ran out of the airport, screaming like a little kid who gets to go to the playground for the first time. She didn’t even bother about the attention she gets and continues to hop about happily until the tall girl came and dragged her away.

“What are you doing, bringing attention to yourself like that?!” Sooyoung scolded her.

“I’M FINALLY OUT OF THE HOUSE, SOOYOUNG! I’M IN JAPAN!” Yoona exclaimed happily. Words aren’t enough to express how happy she is right now. Sooyoung couldn’t help but to sigh with a gentle smile as she watches the girl. She just has to make sure she doesn’t get into any trouble. “Sooyoung! Sooyoung! Look at this!”

“SOOYOUNG! SOOYOUNG! LOOK AT THAT!”

“SOOYOUNG, ISN’T THIS CUTE?”

For the whole time, Sooyoung is busy running after the excited doe-eye girl. They finally stop by the bookstore to grab some comics that Sooyoung wanted.

“It’s all in Japanese…” Yoona flipped through the comics with a pout. “You understand them?”

“Well… I learnt the language out of interest…” Sooyoung replied, picking out the books that she wanted. “… How many should I get…”

“Just get anything you want.”

“It can’t be too heavy too… It’s going to be hard to bring back and I might get into trouble with the custom too.”

“Ah… Then just grab a short series that you really want. We can get the rest when we get back to Korea.”

“Really? B-But you shouldn’t be wasting money…! W-W-We barely know each other too…” Sooyoung is trying to push down her happiness and stay neutral about the matter but she really wanted the comic books. She felt bad about having to spend someone else’s money but…

“Nah. It’s not a lot. You went through a lot of trouble putting up with me the whole time even though we met for the first time last night. Treat it as I’m repaying you.” Yoona grins.

“… Y-You don’t need to do it this way… It makes me feel like I’m only doing this because I wanted you to buy comics for me…”

“I know it’s not. But you came with me for the comics, didn’t you?” Yoona chuckled.

“… I couldn’t leave you alone. I-I mean… You’re like a clueless kid on your own. I would feel awful if I leave you alone and you end up getting into big troubles… Though I did agree to the trip because of the comics…”

“Hehehe… It’s okay. Since we are here, let’s just enjoy ourselves to the fullest~”

“Shouldn’t we find a place to stay in first though?”

“OH RIGHT.”

“… You played too much that you forget that.”

“Hahahaha~ Yep~” Yoona laughed. “We will go find a place to stay in after this, okay?”

“Okay.” The two continue to stay in the bookstore for the next one hour, with Sooyoung browsing and hesitating about which one to buy. They eventually got ten books and they went to look for a hotel to stay in. With Sooyoung’s nagging at her, Yoona got the cheaper room instead of the president suite she actually wanted to go for.

“Wahhh~” Yoona jumps onto the bed. She’s finally feeling the tiredness throughout her body. Sooyoung puts down her bag and starts to pack her comic books into it, since they are leaving tomorrow the first thing after they wake up, to head to the Kinki region. She looks around the room, which is so much bigger than her pathetic rooftop apartment, and noticed something.

“Wait. There’s only one bed? Didn’t I tell them that we want two single beds…?” Sooyoung looks around and there’s no mistake. There’s only one king bed in the room.

“Eh? Really? I thought you told them any room is fine so we got this…” Yoona sits up on the bed. “But it’s okay, isn’t it? We are both girls anyway.”

“… There’s no problem… but… damn that receptionist… He was giving me a dirty look earlier and I was wondering what he’s trying to say… Do we look like some sort of couple? Since it’s Japan, they don’t really find it that weird too…”

“Ehhh? Maybe because you’re nagging at me so he thought…” Yoona blushed slightly, scratching the back of her head shyly. “A-Anyway, I’m going to take a bath and sleep! NARA TOMORROW!”

“Yes, yes… Kid.”

“I’m not a kid!”

“You act like one.”

“B-Because I’m excited…!” Yoona pouted.

“Yes, I get it. Go and bathe. I want to use it later so be quick, okay?”

“Neh.”

While the two girls are having so much fun on their own, there’s a certain group of people who have arrived at Nara, doing their search. They searched all the hotels in the area but failed to locate the girl they are looking for.

“Are you sure she came here, dear…?” The woman asked, feeling even more worried that her calls aren’t getting through at all when she tried calling the girl.

“She was talking to me about coming here…”

“Maybe we should wait and search again tomorrow…”

“Yea…”

-----

“NARA! NARA! NARA!! WE ARE HEADING TO NARA NOW, RIGHT? SOOYOUNG, AM I RIGHT?” The doe-eye girl, once again, couldn’t contain her excitement when they board the train to head to Kyoto for a transfer to Nara. Sooyoung noticed the stares they are getting, especially from those high school students who seem to be going for a school trip.

“Yoona, please shut up…” Sooyoung covers the mouth of the girl and apologized to the other passengers for the din, before pulling Yoona with her to their seats. The carriage got noisier as the students board the train in an orderly fashion, some of them sharing the same carriage as the two girls, along with their teachers.

Since she wasn’t really able to sleep last night due to various reasons, with one of the many reasons sitting right beside her, Sooyoung fell asleep shortly after they sat down. Yoona kept quiet, being careful not to disturb her and looked out of the window to check out the scenery outside. Soon, the train started moving and Yoona almost couldn’t contain her excitement again upon seeing the beautiful scenery.

“Wahhhh~” She exclaimed softly, her eyes sparkling with amazement.

Hello.” Suddenly, a group of high school guys came over.

“Eh…?” Yoona blinked at them blankly, not understanding them at all.

You two are cute.

“S-S-Sooyoung… I’m sorry but wake up…” Yoona shook the girl beside her awake quickly and the girl opens her eyes unwillingly. “T-They are talking to me but I don’t understand anything…”

Sooyoung turns to look at the students who are smiling at them before letting out a sigh.

We are not interested in younger guys so please go back to your seats.” Sooyoung told them and they stare at her blankly. Seems like their plan got seen through and they didn’t really know how to react to that.

I-It’s okay…! W-We just want to be friends. It’s rare for us to see such cute girls like yourself and your friend so we want to just have a little chat on the way. It’s a long way to Kyoto anyway so…

I want to sleep, and she doesn’t know Japanese at all. Sorry but no thanks.” With that, the guys finally went away.

“W-What did they say? They were speaking a super long sentence just now…” Yoona asked immediately after the guys left.

“Nothing much… Just trying to pick up some girls they see on the way. High school students these days…” Sooyoung sighed, closing her eyes and getting back to a comfortable position to sleep. Yoona didn’t disturb her after that. She pulled out her phone and turns it on, not surprised by the amount of missed called and unread messages from her parents, mostly from her mother. Honestly, she feels really bad for her parents. She could imagine them panicking and getting all worried but she really couldn’t stand how they tried to keep her at home for her whole life.

Just this once. She made a silent promise to herself. Just this once, she will disobey them. After this trip, she will be back to being an obedient daughter of theirs and listen to them.

Finally, after a long trip, they arrived in Kyoto. The same group of student from earlier came to them again, surrounding them.

Where are you heading to?” They asked, with bright smile on their faces.

Definitely not staying in this place so don’t bother. Leave us alone or I will talk to your teacher about your behavior.” Sooyoung pushed them away and led Yoona away.

But we aren’t staying in Kyoto too. We are heading to Nara.

Sooyoung didn’t bother about them and continue to walk away from them. Much to her disbelief, they boarded the same train as them to head to Nara. They continue to bug the girls until Sooyoung couldn’t take it anymore and decided to fling one of them over her shoulders when they alight at Nara. The teachers came over to confront her, and to bring the students away.

They are bugging her. Please handle your students properly.” Sooyoung told the teachers and walked off, not forgetting to bring Yoona with her and keeping her close. They found the temple easily with a map and-

“WAHHHH~~” Yoona exclaimed at the sight of the wild deer. Sooyoung smacked her on her head gently, getting a pout in return. “Waeeee?”

“You’re going to scare them away by shouting, you idiot.”

“Sorry…” Yoona apologized. At that moment, something rubbed against her leg gently. She looks down, to see a baby deer snuggling close to her. “Awww…” Yoona squats down and pats the deer gently, getting her face .

A female deer came over, probably the mother of the baby deer and before they knew it, suddenly there’s a crowd of deer around them.

“Are you a deer? Why are they all coming over to you?” Sooyoung asked, patting the deer gently.

“Hehehe~ Maybe?” Yoona grins. Suddenly, all the deer ran away in different directions and Sooyoung pulled Yoona behind her, successfully throwing a charging man off his feet. She took a few steps back, hiding Yoona behind her as she tries to identify the attacker. “Eh…?”

“Who are you?!” Sooyoung asked as she grabs the man by his collar, pulling him off the ground.

“C-Chief… I found her but…” The man tried to communicate via the walkie-talkie but Sooyoung knocked him out quickly. She snatched the walkie-talkie away, tossing it into the trees.

“Who are you, Yoona? Who is that guy?” Sooyoung turns to the doe-eye girl behind her, her voice full of seriousness.

“… T-They are here…” Yoona replied, her voice trembling. “W-We shouldn’t stay here, Sooyoung… I-I hasn’t got to enjoy the hot spring! I haven’t got enough of my freedom, Sooyoung!”

“… You parents, huh…” Sooyoung sighed, feeling relieved. At least it’s not some bad guys trying to kidnap a rich guy’s daughter here. “Well… Shall we go for the hot spring now, in case they find us sooner than expected? We can come back again if it’s possible. Do whatever we can now with the time we have.”

“O-Okay…” Yoona agreed to it and they went off to the nearest hot spring inn they could find immediately. Sooyoung became noticeably nervous when they are heading towards the hot spring from their room. She’s going to be completely or nearly later, together with the doe-eye girl.

“Aren’t you embarrassed…?” Sooyoung asked, blushing madly when the doe-eye girl starting taking off her clothes after they reached the changing room. “G-G-Getting with someone else…”

“My maids always dress me up for me even though I didn’t want them to so…” Yoona replied, wrapping a towel around herself. She turns around, to see Sooyoung blushing so much and still with her clothes on. A mischievous idea struck her mind and she approaches the girl with a grin. “Why?”

“W-W-Why are you coming closer…?! S-S-Stay away…! Y-You’re not wearing anything…!” Sooyoung’s face became even redder.

“Hahaha~ You’re so cute, Sooyoung.” Yoona laughed, hugging the girl’s arm and causing the girl to freak out with the contact.

“Y-Y-You’re doing it on purpose…! Aren’t you embarrassed at all…?”

“I told you I’m used to having females seeing me already…”

“I’m not used to seeing girls though…!”

“I’m not completely though?”

“A-A towel isn’t enough…!”

“Hehehehe~ You’re really cute, blushing so much…”

Sooyoung bits her lips as she looks at the girl. Those eyes staring back at her… Those perfect features of the girl…

“… Y-You’re the cute one…”

“Oh? Are you confessing to me?” Yoona teased.

“N-No…!”

“Hahaha~ Come on. Strip already!” Yoona pulled up Sooyoung’s shirt and the girl pulled it down again quickly.

“I-I-I will join you…! You can go in first…!”

“Jeez~ Araso. Don’t forget to clean yourself properly first before entering the hot spring, okay?” Yoona pokes Sooyoung’s cheek playfully and went ahead to wash up. Sooyoung is finally left alone and she let out a deep sigh.

“No, Sooyoung… It’s only because you’re embarrassed about the situation… It’s not- It can’t be too… You only met her two days ago…”

“SOOYOUNGGGGGG~” Yoona’s voice echoed out from the bathing area.

“I GET IT! I GET IT!” Sooyoung shouted back and started to strip, wrapping a towel around herself and getting into the bathing area. She almost wanted to run out when she notices the girl standing by the door, but the girl jumped on her before she can do it. “Y-Y-Yoona…! Y-Your c-chest…!”

“Waeee? We’re both girls, anyway. Don’t be so shy about something you have too.”

“What if I say I like you?”

“What’s wrong with that? I like you too.” Yoona grins.

“No… Never mind…” Sooyoung sighed, carrying the girl on her back as she walks towards the showerhead. She takes it off the hook and turns it to cold water before turning on the tap, allowing the cold water to splash on the girl.

“AHHHH!!! COLD!!! SOOYOUNG!!!” Yoona drops herself off Sooyoung’s back quickly.

“Take this!” Sooyoung turns around to continue spraying the doe-eye girl with the cold water. Yoona takes another showerhead and did the same. They end up being entirely wet, their towels sticking close to their body and almost slipping off due to the amount of water it absorbed.

Click.

“Yoona…” A familiar voice struck Yoona’s ears. She didn’t even want to turn around, with her back facing the door. Sooyoung stood there, already grasping the situation. “Yoona, it’s you, right?”

“… neh…” The doe-eye girl nodded.

“Oh god… Thank god…!” The owner of the voice rushed towards the girl and hugged her tightly but the girl pushed her away.

“I-I’m not going back with you yet…! I… I…”

“No, dear. We won’t force you to go back to Korea now… Let’s enjoy the trip together and go back happily, okay? I have talked to your father and he agreed to it.” The woman held Yoona’s hands and spoke really gently.

“Really…?”

“Really.” She then turns to the girl standing near Yoona for a moment, before turning back to Yoona with a questioning look.

“A-Ah, she’s Sooyoung! I bumped into her in Korea and dragged her along to Japan with me… She’s really strong! She can fling a guy onto the ground easily an-“

“Yes, dear… I heard it from the guard that she knocked out at the temple.”

“I-I’m really sorry…! H-He was running towards us so I thought he’s trying to harm Yoona… I-I didn’t know he’s one of your employee…!” Sooyoung apologized quickly, doing a 90-degree bow and stayed in that position.

“Haha~ It’s okay, my dear. He told us that it’s his mistake to run towards you girls like that. He’s a pretty heavy guy though. You must be really strong to be able to throw him off his feet so easily.” The woman pats Sooyoung on her shoulder with a nice, gentle smile.

“She won first at a national competition! But I can’t remember what competition is that…” Yoona interrupted happily, her words trailing off at the end though.

“… M… Mixed martial art…” Sooyoung added shyly.

“Wow~ No wonder!” The woman clapped. “My, my~ Have you consider taking up the job as someone’s bodyguard?”

“Eh?”

“It seems like Yoona enjoyed your company a lot so I’m wondering if you’re interested in becoming her personal bodyguard. Seeing how well she is right now, I’m sure you’re the right person to look for.”

“M-Madam… W-Why does she nee-“ Sooyoung couldn’t understand. Why would Yoona need a bodyguard? She knows that Yoona comes from a rich family but that doesn’t mean they would need a bodyguard. It’s not like they are some sort of important family, are they?

“Oh? You didn’t tell her?” The woman looks at her daughter who looks away immediately. “Her father is the descendent of the royalty. Despite not being anyone from the governing sector, he’s still quite an important person of the country. All the kids that are born in the family are called the Prince and Princess. So, just like her cousins, she’s a Princess.”

Sooyoung drops the showerhead in her hand in shock and backs away slightly.

“My… Why didn’t you tell her about this, Yoona? Look at how shock this poor girl is…” The woman sighed, poking her daughter’s temple gently.

“S-She wouldn’t come with me if I told her that, would she?” Yoona pouted. “S-Sooyoung, you don’t have to bother about the Princess thing, okay? Jus-“

“H-How can I do that…?! Y-You’re someone from a family t-that even the government have to respect! I-I heard about such family before but I just didn’t know that… that you…” Sooyoung interrupted, her mind in a complete mess. “And I… I…”

“You?” Yoona tilts her head, feeling puzzled.

“My dear, it’s alright. You don’t have to be so formal about the family name issue. Just treat Yoona as you had been treating her for these two days, and treat me like your own mother if you don’t mind.”

“M-Madam… I-I…”

“Well~ Let’s enter the hot spring, shall we? We can chat while we enjoy the hot spring.” The woman smiled. Yoona cheered and Sooyoung bits her lips, nodding uneasily.

…..

The doe-eye girl knelt down in front of the frowning man, not daring to lift up her head to make any eye contact.

“Do you understand what you did wrong, Yoona?” The man asked calmly.

“… N-Neh… I’m sorry for making you and Mother worry this much for me…” Yoona replied softly.

“Good.” The man sighed. “I’m sorry as well, Yoona…”

“Huh?”

“For trying to keep you in the house for your whole life. I wasn’t thinking well. I only want to see you safe and sound. When you ran away, I finally realize that it’s not a good thing to be trapping you in that house for so long… I’m just really worried that someone will harm you the moment you step out, just because of your title…”

“Father…”

“I heard it from your mother. Where’s the girl that helped you with your runaway plan?” The man suddenly got serious and strict in his tone.

“F-Father, it’s me w-“

“I want to meet her. Now.”

“Sire…” The door opened after a knock, and the tall girl came in, kneeling down beside Yoona. “I’m Choi Sooyoung. I’m the girl that-“

“MEN.” The man shouted and all the guards that came with him step out from their position immediately.

“FATHER?!” Yoona is obviously shocked by the situation but her father dragged her out from the room, closing the door behind him. “FATHER, LET GO! I’M THE ONE THAT DRAGGED HER ALONG WITH ME! SHE’S INNOCENT!”

“Sire, it’s done.” Just then, after some crashes and thuds, the Chief opened the door. Yoona rushed into the room, stopping when she sees Sooyoung all well and good, with all the guards lying on the floor, unconscious.

“Sooyoung!” Yoona hugged the girl tightly. “Are you alright?”

“… Neh…” Sooyoung looks at the man outside the room with a slight frown. She doesn’t know what’s he’s planning, getting all these men to attack her the moment Yoona left the room with him. It’s as though he’s testing out her strength. The man clapped as he enters the room.

“Good job, Choi Sooyoung ssi. You’re hired.”

“EH?” The two girls didn’t understand.

“Your mother told me to consider hiring her as your personal bodyguard so I thought I should test her ability to do the job properly. Seeing how she managed to knock out all these elite guards in such a short time, I’m convinced about her strength.”

“You’re not going to punish her, right?” Yoona asked.

“You’re the one getting punished.”

“EHHHH?!”

“So, Choi Sooyoung ssi, will you take up this job?” The man didn’t bother about his daughter’s exclamation and turns his attention back to the tall girl who has being really quiet for the whole time.

“… I don’t mind…” Sooyoung looks at Yoona. “… She did make me feel like protecting her…”

“Really?” Yoona turns to her immediately.

“Seeing how stupid she is about the world.”

“YAH!”

And the contract is sealed. Sooyoung decided to become Yoona’s personal bodyguard. After all, it’s paying better than her job at the convenience store and it would requires her to use her skills that she has pride in.

-----

“Sooyoung! Sooyoung! I want to go to the zoo but my father says no!” The doe-eye girl came running into her own bedroom, jumping onto the tall girl who flicked her forehead in return. “HEYYYYY!”

“Don’t even think of escaping again. Do you want to write another 1000 lines of ‘I won’t runaway ever again’ again?” Sooyoung reminded the girl of the painful punishment her father gave her that time after the come back from Japan.

“Boohoo. You’re siding with him now that you’re hired.” Yoona slumped onto her bed, pouting.

“It’s not like he completely forbids you from going out now. He probably has his own reason for not letting you go out this time.”

Yoona narrows her eyes at the girl, who is dressed formally in suit and tie, with a walkie-talkie in her back pocket. Yoona stole the walkie-talkie and throws it out of the window, much to Sooyoung’s disbelief.

“Yah! How can yo-“ Sooyoung runs to the window and looks down, but she’s pulled back by her tie, by the doe-eye girl. Yoona sat down on her bed again and pulled the girl onto herself. “Y-Yoona…!”

“If I can’t escape, I won’t let you too.” With that, Yoona wrapped her hands behind Sooyoung’s neck and pulled her even closer, clashing their lips together. During the time they are together, they developed feelings for each other but they kept it from each other. Yoona noticed about it some time ago and she’s just waiting for Sooyoung to confess but she never did.

Sooyoung wanted to move away at first but she couldn’t hold in her feelings anymore. She pours all the feelings she had for the girl into that kiss, and they went on for sometime until…

“Yoona, your father says that y-“ Just when they’re about to get to the , Yoona’s mother came in. “Oops. Sorry.” And she closed the door quickly, leaving the two girls dumbfounded.

“… M-M-Mother…! W-What did you see…?!” Yoona got up and ran out of the room quickly. Sooyoung remained in the room, her face completely red from embarrassment. Yoona came back shortly with a sigh.

“… D-Did she…”

“She was trying to say that we will be going to for the night safari tonight since I say I wanted to see the animals but seeing how we are just now, she says to spend tonight in another way…” Yoona replied, blushing madly.

“W-W-What…?!”

“It’s all your fault that I can’t see the animals today!”

“Y-You’re the one that started it!”

“Who asked you to be so cute!”

“You’re the cute one!”

“Ufufufufu~”

“Why are you laughing so weirdly?” Yoona raised an eyebrow at the tall girl.

“Aren’t you the one tha- M-M-Madam..!” Sooyoung stood up straight quickly when she noticed the woman peeking from outside the room, grinning at them.

“Enjoy the night, the two of you.”

“MOTHER/MADAM…!!”