"Chapter - III"

"Floral Breeze"

 

“Let’s have dinner…I’m hungry”… Jong Kook change the title and go out from the room while softly pull his beautiful lady’s hand. He happy for his beautiful lady isn’t reject his holding to her hand and even follow behind him like a clever child. But when they reach the outside of the room, he release her hand for he don’t want to his lady will be see him that he take the chance upon her.

When both of two enter the dining room, he found the other two are waiting ready after prepared the dinner. He see the disfavor on this two faces when he and JiHyo enter together in the dining room. He ignore them and sit at the top of the dining table.

“Eun Hye…help me”… Ji Hyo said shortly and directly enter the kitchen. Eun Hye stand from the chair and prepare to follow.

“I’ll be go…EunHye”……..Jung Yong Hwa said and go before EunHye leave from the table. EunHye left with same as position with blank. Jong Kook was looking them with siting silently at his chair. He can say they are something… something strange. They said they are managing together the orphanage before Maiden Go dead. But they are not heartily each other. When he meet with them, they was always wearing smile but their face is deadpan. Even his beautiful lady is also happen like them when meet with three together. During he wandering, Ji Hyo and Yong Hwa come out from the kitchen. He a little jealous Ji Hyo and Yong Hwa is come out with chatting and laughing. Okay...he will coreect his opinino...his beautiful lady and that man look like heartily each other....but Ji Hyo and Eun Hye, Eun Hye and Yong Hwa..... they are frigidity each other. He don't like she was laughing to other like that. You already know that….she is very beautiful when she laugh…therefore, only he want to possess her laughing… only he.

“I’ll be do it Noona…please sit comfortably”… Yong Hwa said and make Ji Hyo to sit at her chair while holding her shoulder. Ji Hyo smile back brightly and sit without refuse Yong Hwa. Jong Kook look their lovey-dovey scene with sour face. Not only him but also EunHye look with the kind of his face.Yong Hwa place the plates on the table. When he place the plate in front of JiHyo,

“For my lovely noona…” he said with teasing tone and even winks to Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo giggle while looking Yong Hwa cute winking. Jong Kook tight his fist while looking them…..’How dare you??? How dare you wink to my beautiful lady…" "Wait…Are they couple???" "Anni...it can't be...no ways" …many thoughts are appeared in his head. ‘Please…please don’t be couple’…he pray horrify in his mind.

Humm…this is funny right…he never pray like that even in the middle of war…now , he was pray like a stupid for a woman…. Such a stupid. He discontented himself for happen like that. But he can't...he can't control his mind upon this lady. Therefore, he try not to look them and only pay attention to his food with grouchy face. He eat silently his dinner without making an any sound. When he was silent like that, the others are also trying their best not to make noisy sound. As like that, the most boring and silent dinner is happening in Floral Breeze. Except the sound of touching spoon and plate, no sound appeared from the dining room. He end his dinner first and

“I’m full… Good night”… he greet shortly and icily. And after, he come out from the dining room without waiting other’s greeting. But he heard a question from Ji Hyo.

“Do you want to take green-tea or milk before you sleep??”…. she ask softly and take care him as usual.

“Nothing…”… he reply while continue his walk. He passed along the corridor which hanging the lanterns alongside. Look like this town or this “Floral Breeze” not have electricity. They only use the lanterns for the light. But they used many lanterns and so the light is even more than the light from electric bulb. The whole house is gild under the light from the lanterns. When he was walking, he got the idea to look over entire the house. But when he think the large of the house, the time is not enough for the whole house and so he decide to look over morning. He directly go to his room and sprawl on the cushion as usual. He stare the ceiling while thinking about his beautiful lady and his heart is hurt when he thought the relationship between Ji Hyo and Jung Yong Hwa. During he thinking, his eyes are heavy slowly and after, completely close without he knowing.

He suddenly wake up for the knocking on the door. He a little angry for destroy his sleep. Therefore, he neglect the knock and go to his bed to sleep.

“Kim Jong Kook Ssi….Are you sleeping??”…. He heard the question from the knocker. He sure…this is his beautiful lady’s voice. So, he change his step direction to the door and open hurriedly. He found JiHyo is stand in front of the door with holding a cup. When he opened the door, she smiled him with bright smile and raise the cup in her hand.

“Tea for you… Can I come in??”… she said brightly and that make him to lose his angry at the dinner.

“Of course…”… he reply and move his body beside for she easy to enter. She reply with bright smile and entered the room. And she look around of his room with put the cup on the table.

“Please don’t forget to put firewood before you sleep…this house is so cold all months of the year after sunset”… she said and put the firewood in the fireplace.

“Because of mountain…”… she said and work non-stop. He only watch all of her movement admirely while drining the hot tea which she prepare for him. After she put the firewood, now she close the windows. And she open the verandah door and check outside with the lamp. He aware that the outside is so windy because her hair are blown away in the air. When she entered, her face is even pale for the cold.

“Ohh..cold!!!’… she mutter in shiver and locked the door of verandah. Jong Kook put down his empty cup on the table for to take his muffler and after, he wear around her neck. She look him with appreciate eyes and

“I'm ok Kim Jong Kook Ssi…no need to....”………she said and her hands are crawl on his muffler to give back him. But he stop her hands and

“Receive it Ji Hyo Ssi…And no need to give back...regard as my present”… he cut her words with soft smile. Therefore, Ji Hyo reply with thankful smile and

“Thanks Jong Kook Ssi… Have a good night…and…..please don’t forget to lock the doors in your room…and also that door…don’t forget to lock”… she said with serious tone and tapping his room’s door. He reply with nodding to her.

“Don’t forget…”…she remind again and that make him to chuckled. Why she is so worry him like that… he is a soldier…he don’t afraid nothing …. But he can’t deny her worrying because she look him with serious eyes…eyes with full of concern.

“Don’t worry Ji Hyo Ssi… I’ll be locked the doors certainly”…… Ji Hyo satisfy for his words and reply him with a nod.

“Ok…good night Jong Kook Ssi…And if you need something, you can call me…My room is beside you”… she said and point her room. Even though her room is beside him, the two room is a little far for the wide of the room. He look to the direction which she point and

“Ok…good night Ji Hyo Ssi”… he greet with soft smile. Ji Hyo nod and go to her room while raise up her lamp in front of her face because the corridor is a little dark. Look like the others are extinguish the lamp for arrive the sleep time or may be his beautiful lady self. He wait outside till she enter her room and entered his room after heard the cliff sound of her door. He also locked his door with obeying his beautiful lady’s words. And he crawl on his bed as enter the thick layer of blanket. Not long after, he tightly sleep under the warmth of blanket.

 

//////////////

 

He suddenly wake up from his tight sleep…for he heard something. Therefore, he prick up ones ears without opening his eyes. He didn’t heard anything till a moment later. So, he think his ear wrong and he try to sleep again. At that time, he heard three strike from grandfather clock in his room and at about the same time, he heard a voice…a voice which someone groaning with pain….the voice is so low till the normal person can’t hear. But him like a soldier… he hear clearly and he sure his ear is not wrong. He pay attention to the voice with hoping hear the next time.

“hmmmm~~”…… ohh…he heard again…the voice is look like someone groaning with painfully. Therefore, he get up from his bed and wear the thick sweater upon his pajama. And he take off the lantern from the wall and exit outside while raise the lantern in front of his face.

At that time, he heard the footsteps which walking along the corridor. He sure this footsteps are walking to his direction. At that same time, he heard the voice of speaking two persons. They are arguing something but he didn’t heard clearly. Therefore, he didn’t move from his position and ask..

“Who????”… his voice is echo along the corridor and he heard the speaking, the footsteps are stop immediately. Not later, he heard the footsteps are continued and see with the light of lantern that his beautiful lady and Jung Yong Hwa approach near him.

“It’s us…”… Ji Hyo reply him. He was curious why she and Jung Yong Hwa are outside at that time. And he feel jealous for his beautiful lady is together with Yong Hwa.

“What are you doing??”…he ask coldly…as cold as December’s snow.

“Ahh…nothing…”… Ji Hyo answer hesitantly. Jung Yong Hwa is didn’t say anything and only observe his face and Ji Hyo’s face.

“nothing what??”… he ask again and a little loud for his voice is mixed with anger. Ji Hyo look him with fear eyes and look like, she was afraid for his voice.

“We…we come back from the orphanage”… she answer softly while avoiding his glare eyes.

“What happen at the orphanage??”…he ask again.

“A child from the orphanage is ill and has high temperature…therefore, we went to check and give the medicine and after we come back now”… Ji Hyo explain and now she looking deeply him. That eyes mean she not lie. Jong Kook remember that Eun Hye told him at evening that Ji Hyo go to the orphanage for a child have fever. Therefore, he a little lose his anger upon her and also doubtless her explanation.

“Ok…I know….....and you both can go back to your room now”… Jong Kook said. The other two bow him and come back to their room. Yong Hwa down the stair and so, he know that Yong Hwa’s room is down stair. Ji Hyo go to his beside room. He raised his lantern in front to light the road for Ji Hyo can go back her room. And he enter after JiHyo enter her room. He barge under the thick layer of blanket and try to sleep. But he can’t sleep immediately for he think about the voice and Ji Hyo. Why she and Yong Hwa still together this time. Even though she went to the orphanage, she can go with EunHye…why only Yong Hwa…he didn’t satisfy for that. And…the voice…the voice who groaning with painful....Is he mistake heard the voice of Ji Hyo and Yong Hwa’s speaking as groaning???...But he sure that is groaning not speaking…Hhuuu…His heard is full of questions…only have the questions…but the answers are not come out…”Floral Breeze”…..Is this house have something??? Something hidden him.

When he heard four strikes of the clock, he stop his thinking and soon, he sleep again tightly.

 

//////////////////