"Chapter - I"

"Floral Breeze"

 

 

The time is the midnight of 1st December, 1900…….

The whole of country is stillness under the cover of December's snow curtain. The streets are so quiet without any creature.....but if you look carefully, you can see a figure of the man. The man is walking alone on wet road which cover the snows. Even this man wear thick coat, he was so shiver duning walking qucikly. The winter breeze is sometime teasing him by blowing strongly to his body. At that time, the man was shaked hardly for the coldness is sinking till to his back-bones. Therefore, he tightly pull his broad coat to reach his chest to can endure the cold. Unfortunately, the weather is worst during he walking. Of course, the radio already announced about the snow storm which will be blow tonight. Alone man high his walking speed to half running and look like he lost his strength to face this weather.

After the fifteen minutes of fast walking, now he stand in front of the gate and knock the gate door constantly for he can’t stay anymore in this cold. He even felt his body is freeze cause of the coldness. After a moment of hurry knock, the old man opens the door with holding a lamp.

“Hello Ajusshi…”… the man greet with soft smile and enter the house hurriedly. He directly go near fireplace to get the warmth. He sit closely to the fireplace to get enough the warm the whole of his body. At that time, the old man approach near him and place a cup of warm green tea on the table. He reply the old man with thank smile and sip the warm green tea. After the drinking of hot green tea, his face color is change to normal from pale and his body is comfortable again.

“Thanks…”… he said shortly and faced his face to the fire again.

“Master… reach a letter for you”… the old man give a letter which close with wax seals. He take the letter and look to the address. At the front of the letter is have only his name…

“To……..

            Kim Jong Kook” …….. and didn’t found the address of contributor. He decided to read in the room and therefore, he put the letter in his style pants’ pocket.

“You can rest now Ajusshi”….. the old man left after a little bow. Jong Kook hear the cliff of door and so he know his old maid reach to his room. He sit beside the fire about ten minutes more and then, he go to his room which exists at the up stair. The sound of his footfall is clearly appeared along the stairs. His house is always silent every time. Not only the night time but also the whole day also have the same situation. Never noisy and never crowd. He lives alone in this house for his parents are dead about six years ago. He have no siblings and no relatives. He have an old man maid to guard the security of house for he was working the whole day. ‘He’ is Kim Jong Kook and the age is over thirty five. Actually, he should have a family at this age. But for him, he enjoy to live alone and therefore, he never had a girlfriend or a friend. He get used to with his life and so he never think to marry. He met with many girls who secretly crush him and ready to accept if he proposed them. But for him, he never met the girl which can hold his heart. So, he thinks his heart is always in winter and as cold as ice flake. In his mind and brain only have his job. He is a vice-admiral at navy army. But now he can’t serve at army and he work at office side for he got the injury on his knee. He can see his future which nothing different the current life. But he didn’t know the letter in his pocket is will be change his whole life inversely.

Jong Kook entered the room and switch on the light. He take off his coat and hang on the wall. And after He go to the table and sit which is near his book stall. He sprawl on the chair and stare the ceiling without reason. He stay like that position about ten minutes without moving. This is the way of he relax and he always take a rest with this post that always sprawl on the chair and stare the ceiling without thinking anything. When he feel refreshed, he take the letter from his pocket. He look carefully the letter and he feel something strange when he found the stamp on the wax seal. On the red wax seal, the form of beautiful flower and in the center of flower have two letter code 'F-B' are apparently pressed. Honestly, he didn't know about the flower...but this flower is may be cherry...and he think he is right. He thought a moment about the companies, organizations, and the group which use this beautiful cherry flower badge. But he sure he have no one that he knows which use this badge So, he stop his thinking and open the seal with the knife. And he open and read the letter. About the letter is as following:

To…

            I’m Go Dong Wan and also the adoptive mother of your father. When you read this letter, you can regard I’m already dead. Therefore, I regard you as my hire and give the inheritance which deserve for you. So, please come to “Floral Breeze” to receive your legacy. I hope you will accept the dead person’s wish….

 

Your lovely grandmother

Go Dong Wan

 

The letter is that’s all…so simple…but it is enough for him to understand the meaning. That is not surprise him for suddenly appear his adoptive grandmother because his father was already told about his grandmother. This Madam Go Dong Wan is his father’s adoptive mother and she was abandon his father for marry to his mother who she didn’t agree. This Madam was so unsentimental upon his father and she didn’t contact once time to his father till he die who always hope someday he will get chance to meet with his adoptive mother.

For him, he have no attachment to this Madam. She was only a grandmother for him not than more. But he wanted to know she is what kind of woman. His father was always told him that he want to get once chance to meet with his mother before he die. But unfortunately, he didn’t get this chance. He was imagining how his father will be happy if he know his mother Go Dong Wan contact him. But now he have no one to show this letter and only he stare this letter as his thought are wandering. In his mind, the answer yes or no are fighting. For him, he doesn’t want to ally with this affair and only want to live peacefully as usual. But when he think about his father, he want to carry his father wish though. After a long time fighting…the last he get the decision. When he got his decison, he crawl on his bed tiredly and try to sleep immediately. He need to sleep tightly tonight because he have many works at tomorrow to prepare for going to the “Floral Breeze”.

 

/////////////////

 

When he stepped to the station of the little town, the first he got is the fresh breeze. In the air, he got the scent of flower. He clearly see the high mountain from the station and he like that. At since young, he always wanted to stay that kind of town which exist at the foot of mountain range. Wherever he look, he see the high green mountain and the beautiful flowers. He enjoy that precious view and he wander his thought in the beauty of the town. Therefore, he didn’t aware the coach is stop in front of him.

“Sir…Are you Kim Jong Kook??”… he wake up from his thought for the cough-man asked.

“Ah…neh…I am”… Jong Kook reply and he know this coach is from the “Floral Breeze”. He already return back the letter to Floral breeze about he will be came to there.

“I came to fetch you Sir… I’m from Floral Breeze”… the cough-man said politely and open the coach door. Therefore, he pick up his luggage and enter the coach. After he sit and place his luggage, the coach is start leaving from the station with normal speed. He open the curtain of window to look the outside. He can say this town is so beauteous. The colorful flowers are growing both side of the road. He breath the fresh air the fully his lungs and so he refreshed his mind and body. All of his stresses are lose suddenly. He enjoy this town. He look the views of the town from the coach and he think he never bored to enjoy this views. About twenty minutes driving, the coach is now direct to the hill. He think he never forget this views until he die. That is more the word precious. A hill, a big house or castle which built on this hill, the cherry trees which cover the castle, the highest green mountain which have the background of the castle…this is look like a beautiful picture of excellent artist. He more excited as much as the coach near to the castle.

Now, the coach is enter the gate and he see the name “Floral Breeze” at the gate door. And the coach is stop in front of the castle as soon. He step out from the coach and take out his luggage. When he and his luggage arrive on the ground, the coach is immediately left with usual speed. He didn’t enter the castle for he enjoys the glorious of the castle. The castle is as white as a pearl and very look like the castle in fairy tale. In front of the castle is decorate with the rose flowerbed. Beside of castle have the high firs and their background the high mountain with the gloomy sky is so perfect as a picture. In the fence have many cherry trees and if you look the base of the hill, you only see the cherry forest and the roof of castle. He look absent mindedly the beauty of the house without enter the big house or the castle. He looks around the yard about ten minutes and he enter the house when he satisfy. He have the reason for looking around the yard. He was also a soldier before and therefore, he observe the whole yard for his safety. When he know the conditions of the yard, he entered the house.

When he reach in the house, he didn’t surprise again for the de lux of the house. He also estimate the gallant of the house and the house also as glorious as he thought. But he didn’t see anyone in this house. Therefore, he was coughing loudly for hope to heard someone. As he hope, he heard the footstep which down from the stair. He turn his body to stairs to look the owner of the footsteps. When he found the person, he felt his heartbeat is beating three times in a second….or can be four or five times. He never saw the pretty woman as pretty as her. The form of she coming down from the ladder with lifting her skirt a bit is so mild as a breeze. Her black long curly hairs are dancing on her back when she comes down a step. Her skin is white and shines as a star which light in the dark sky. Her eye brow, her bright eyes, her sharp nose, her thin lips as red as the strawberry and her slight body are be well proportioned as sculptures. Now the lady is stand in front of him but he can’t blink until now and look deeply to her. She also look back with big eyes. He hope the time is stop now… he enjoy staring with her beautiful eyes. That is so strange for him. He even can’t believe himself why his heartbeat is rapid easily when he met this woman. Before, he never accept the love at first glance. Now he need to accept that because his heart is melt in short time at the first glance to her. How long he absent his mind he don’t know…but he get his sense back when the beautiful lady take his luggage from his hand and ask him with sweet voice.

“I think you are Kim Jong Kook…”…….not only her figure but also her voice is also grace. He can reply only nod. He doesn’t know why he can’t talk back this lady but he don’t want to destroy his wandering of her beauty with his voice.

“Nice to meet you…I’m Song Ji Hyo”…….. ‘Song Ji Hyo’…this name is echo in his heart. He can only gaze her and he didn’t make any reply to her. He know he is became outsider at that time. But it is not he didn’t like her, it is happen like that for he so much like her. But for her, she is still diplomat even though he didn’t say nothing and only nod. She is still smile and look him warmly.

“Please follow me…everybody is waiting you”… she said softly and left the first with take his luggage. He felt so apologetic when the lady takes his luggage. He doesn’t aware she take his luggage from his hand for he lost in her beauty.

“Ohh…It’s ok…you don’t need to carry my luggage”… he said with apology tone and take back his luggage. But he think he was use many strength while taking because not only his luggage get back in his hand but also the beautiful lady is off balance of her walking and falling to the ground. He immediately catch her small body for afraid she will get injury.

“Opps….”

“Omo….”

/////////////////////