Final arc begins

The Life and Times of a SHINee Fanboy

www.kpopnews.com/article/2015/06/SHINee-Odd-Release

SHINees New Album Odd Released

18 May, 2015 1:27pm

Following a week of photo teasers, SHINee is back with an Odd new album!

The release of their new album Odd and title song View is today and it is a good one. The album is full of new styles and genres for the boys and it really shows off how much they have grown over the years. For the first time ever the score and lyrics for the album were entirely written by one man, their in-house composer Kim Jonghyun.

 [/Link to article Kim Jonghyun hired as SHINee composer]

[/Link to article Kim Jonghyun causes controversy amongst SHINee fans]

In an interview last week, the boys commented on how much more input they had on this latest album compared to their previous releases. They believe it is an album that truly represents who they are as people and their growth as an idol group. They hope to share with you those feelings through their music.

[Link to video of SHINee interview]

Taemin also dropped a hint of future songs in a recent interview with Nylon magazine, indicating there may be a repackage album upcoming.

[/link to Taemin’s magazine interview]

Check out the full album below,

[/Link to SHINee Odd album]

-

ShineBrightLikeaDiamond

10.17am 19.05.15

Odd!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

So I dont usually do this but I decided to post my review of SHINees new album Odd.

First of all can I just sayOMGGGGG new SHINEEEE!

Now thats over, onto the actual review.

The packaging is a little meh compared to some of their albums. The clown is creepy and its been a long time since I got a CD in an actual CD case. Like what the heck is that? Long time no see plastic CD case. But the photobook is nice. The fashion is a little iffy. Baggy shirts, baggy shorts and unwashed hair arent really my thing. But hey, loads of cute bonding between our boys and some super cute duo shots between them. If you look carefully, Kim Jonghyun can even be seen in some of the photos. Hes the composer of all of the songs, if you didnt know. Like woah, hes a genius, I swear. Nice guy too (more on that after the reviews ;D)

Ok, Ill go through song by song because that seems like the best way to do it, right? Ive only had the album for a couple of hours so I havent analysed them as deeply as some reviewers will but hey, Ill give my honest opinions based on my initial feelings and stuff :3

1.        Odd Eye: I like a lot. Its like SHINee grew up.Its still RnB like SHINee do but I dont know when but they went from boys to men between the last album and this one and I love it. Onews bvocals are so amazing in this song and I just *melts*

2.        Love Sick: The smooth melty vocals. The synthesizers. I have nothing else to say *melts again*

3.        View: That music video tho. Omg like hot and heavy is right. Did you see all th people in the comments denying any went down (acted of course)? It was funny to me, they were completely insinuating tthere haha and all the little kiddies just didn’t understand. Anyway, the song. House tho, I havent heard house in kpop in so long and wow it works. Its so simple but so catchy. Did the chorus remind anyone else of Everybody. Just a little bit. Like with the repetitiveness and stuff? No? Ok, Ill shut up.

4.        Romance: disjointed but works. In a really weird, I dont know why I like it so much but I really do kinda a lot. Plus, I mean, there are cowbells in there. Cowbells

5.        Trigger: this song is so not-chill compared to the last ones and I kinda like it for that. Its all powerful and strong and boom~! You know? You dont know but you will. Key is especially amazing in this one. Listen for it. He just Key

6.        Farewell my Love: So like their early stuff in a way and as good as any of those songs are. Taemin does a good falsetto deal. I like. All their vocals were really strong in this one (and all of the songs) but especially this one.

7.        An Ode to You: kinda kills the mood if youre listening to the album start to finish. The beat is so much slower and stuff. Is weird. But its an amazing song if you ignore that. Gotta love ballads. Especially SHINee ballads .Theyre all so good at singing its just ugh beautiful.

8.        Alive: I was certainly alive after listening to this (lame joke is lame). The chill of ballad to this is like a punch in the face. It was shocking. Good song tho, like woah. Key and Minhos raps are so intense. Minho has improved so much over the years its so amazing.

9.        Woof Woof: can we all just enjoy that name for a while please? Like woof woof dudes. This song is so upbeat. All the SHINee members sounds so excited to be singing it and I love that. Its one of my favourites for sure. The way they pronounce woof is kinda adorbs too. Like, English isn’t my best subject, but even I can tell there’s something not quite right there. They make it work tohugh :P

10.     Black Hole: Is it bad I was kinda meh about this? I t was a good song but kinda faded a little into the background. Sorry SHINEe I love you but this song is nt your best. Not your worst by any means (SHINee World anyone?) but not stellar :c

11.     An Encore: I want more encores please? Never leave me, thats all I ask. Also more ballads :DDDDD The vocals are so amazing and melt in your mouth delicious. Like chocolate. ITs so uplifting too, I love.

So yeah, my review of my first listen of each song. Dont hate if I didnt like your favourite song (not that I disliked any, they were all good).

Now to talk about me… and Kim Jonghyun. Like I mentioned above.

Did you know I had input on some of the ideas used in this album?

So, I went to SHINees massive shows in Tokyo. I was so lucky to get a ticket,. They were so hard to get. I am so happy to have gone and so glad I live and work in Japan for this. And yeah, I went and the show was glorious.

But! Before the show, I was in the VIP line waiting to be let in (wed been there for like 8 hours, I was at the front almost) and security come and let this guy into the front of the line. So everyone starts angrily muttering and being annoyed. Then the guy turns around and greets us in Korean. Blow me down it was Kim Jonghyun! Claimed he was doing research for the album and experiencing it as a fan. I think he was just fanboying. We all know hes a massive fanboy (see BlingBlings activities for reference :P.

Sp hes chatting to me and some other people who speak Korean and hes like asking our opinion on past and current SHINee things. Like what songs do we like, what do we want to see, who is our bias. Stuff like that. He wrote it all down and was all I can use this. I wonder how seriously he took our opinions. He seemed super cereal about ti all. It was rad.

Also, he totally got me and the others who were ralking to him backstage passes for after the show. We actually got to meet and talk to SHINee in their dressing room. I cannot believe.

[/link to photos of her and SHINee]

So yeah, BlingBling if youre reasing this you should be proud. This album is a triumph. You and SHINee worked so hard on this and you deserve every bit of praise you receive. Keep pushing the envelope and make kpop the best it can be.

Fighting!

<3 Jieun

Taeminnimint
You met SHINee!? No way, you lucky

Kyo1991
I need to make friends with this guy. Wow

StuckOnew
The album is all around a beautiful thing. SHINee always do me proud with whatever they release. I am so impressed with their progress over the last few years and hope this album does wellfor them :D

BlingBling
Am I that obviously a fanboy?

UGLYprettyPeRfEcT
I really like Black Hole. Its one of my favourite songs frm the album. I want to see them perform it live so bad. Ithink it would be so amazing

StuckOnew
Yes Bling, yes you are.

 


CHAPTER NOTES: There's only this arc left and then we are done. It's so close I can taste it. But don't despair. This is the final arc but there are 56 total chapters in this story. So there's a little way to go. Plus, most of this arc is shameless happiness and fluff. Be prepared for a lot of time skips too.

I also apologise for the slight delay in this chapter. I wanted to post it over the weekend but I ended up taking a trip down to Daegu for the lantern festival and parade. As you do. So, yep, sorry guys and gals.