Arc 3 begins

The Life and Times of a SHINee Fanboy

CJK1989

10.52am 09.06.2013

Identifying a sneak in the fandom

Hello all,

I am writing this post today to address a very important issue. That issue is someone is using SHINee as a way to further their own career and fame. This is, obviously, not acceptable and we, as a fandom, should not accept such actions. SHINee should be enjoyed and not used for your own selfish gains.

Who is this person in question: Kim Jonghyun, also known as BlingBling.

Kim Jonghyun or BlingBling, known as Kim from here on out, first appeared in 2008 when they made a post about their ‘love’ for SHINee. If you read the original post, linked here: [/link to BlingBling’s first post] you will see that Kim’s love of SHINee comes across as suspicious.

There are two possibilities with this post, which I will detail now.

1.        Kim is merely pretending to like the group in order to become indoctrinated in our fandom for future nefarious reasons, probably to embarrass us in some way.

2.        Kim is a depraved individual who likes other males in a way that God did not design.

I believe either option is possible and both are equally deplorable.

For those who are not yet convinced, I have more evidence of Kim’s use of the fandom for his own desires.

[/image of Kim from the SHINee Juliette documentary]

Some of you may recognize this. This is Kim himself. In 2008, not too long after Kim joined our website, a competition was posted by SM Entertainment with the prize being SHINee performing one of your songs as well as a meet and greet. Now, Kim would not have known about this competition in advance, however, he did mention a penchant for composition in his initial introductory post. Thus, when it was posted and Kim saw potential to get out of a dead end job, he likely abandoned any plans he had of spying on or humiliating the SHINee fandom and instead decided to participate.

When the winners announcement was posted, in early 2009, Kim must have been thrilled. Not only had he gotten himself a way to further his own career, he had also managed to steal the prize from a legitimate SHINee fan. Someone who had been dedicated to the group from the start and actually cared about more than themselves.

Just before the release of the Juliette Documentary, SHINee hosted a live stream for their fans.

[/link to YouTube video of the stream]

During this livestream, fans were allowed to ask questions live via web chat. Every single question asked by BlingBling aka Kim was answered. Multiple other people asked questions that remained unanswered yet Kim’s questions, which all had been answered before or were inane, were covered in detail. I like to believe that SHINee can tell a sneak however, due to their innocence at the time, I doubt they did. Kim likely fed them a sob story and made them feel sorry for him and, in their own way, they tried to cheer him up by answering his inane questions.

His physical appearance in the documentary (see above) indicates a vain man who cares deeply what others think. The hair is flashy and meant to draw attention to him, as well as away from the SHINee members, and he is wearing more makeup than is necessary. This vanity could be due to his status as a homoual, or further evidence that he is in this only for the attention and cares not for the group who allowed him it.

Post documentary release, Kim gains a modicum of fame. More than one person met him and recognized him in this period.

[/link to meeting description 1]

[/link to meeting description 2]

This second one describes his as brusque and curt. They attribute it to tiredness due to a long work day however, I see it as him not wanting to deal with a fandom he dislikes.

Following this initial feeling of fame, Kim continues to post in these forums regularly over the next few years. He clearly saw the benefit of remaining on the fandom’s good side. However, he never identified himself as Kim. BlingBling and Kim Jonghyun remained two separate entities, suggesting he had further plans.

[/link to post 1]

[/link to post 2]

[/link to post 3]

Of particular interest to me is post 3. More than once, in the progress of this conversation, Kim responds to feminine pronouns. No self-respecting man would respond to those without correcting them unless he had something to hide. Take from that what you will.

During this period, it has been confirmed that Kim started undertaking a music course at a local university. BlingBling also made a post talking about starting study and asking for advice at this time.

[/link to post]

Multiple student accounts have suggested that Kim got accepted due to his previous writing credit Juliette – as well as by a letter of recommendation from a well-known composer. It is not too much of a stretch to assume that this composer is Lee Sungkyu, who was credited as an editor on Juliette.

Lee Sungkyu is a powerful player in the composing field. He is employed full-time at SM Entertainment and has been involved with the music of almost every artist to come out of the company in the last 10 years.

[/Link to Lee Sungkyu’s LinkedIn account].

It can be assumed that Kim met Mr Lee following his competition win and managed to persuade the man with some made up sob story.

On graduation, Kim went straight into a job at SM Entertainment. This is a ridiculous job to get straight from school with many composers working for many many years at smaller companies or free-lance before they are even granted an interview at SM Entertainment. Therefore, it can be deduced that again, Kim used Mr Lee’s influence to get his own way.

Recently, a tweet became known among kpop fans. It was tweeted by @Jimin27508, a writer at SM and a well-known blogger and tweeter among kpop fans due to her insider knowledge.

[/link to tweet about hot composer]

This tweet clearly shows an image of Kim, comfortable in his environment and, reportedly, he even turned up late to the shoot. This blatant disregard of the other people involved in the work as well as his complete lack of remorse, shows a man who does not care for others and merely wants to further himself. His pose suggests a cocky attitude as well as a belief that he is attractive. I doubt Jimin asked his permission before snapping a photo however, Kim is posed like this occurs regularly.

And once again his hair is obnoxiously dyed. He looks like an idol reject and clearly this is a call for attention from Kim.

So, in recap. After creating an account on this website, either due to his dirty desires or, more likely, in order to ridicule the legitimate members, Kim discovered and entered a competition to write a song for SHINee, stealing a prize from a deserving real fan, blackmailed or convinced a well-known composer to get him a place at a music school as well as a highly sought after job at SM Entertainment and blatantly enjoys the attention and prestige that brings him.

I doubt this man cares at all about SHINee. All the evidence points towards him being nothing more than a con artist who is using being a ‘male SHINee fan’ as a way to further his career and become more well known. So, if you ever see him online or you ever meet him in person, be sure to tell him just how you feel.

This man has committed the ultimate betrayal and has spoilt the name of the SHINee World and we should not stand for this!

LockandKey
OMG I talked to htat . Gross.
I cant believe he managed to stay among us for so long without us realizing. That
’s so creepy. I hope he gets what he deserves and loses his job soon.

StuckOnew
Are you kidding me with this post? This is the most disgusting thing I have ever read. BlingBling has been nothing but nice and more than once we have talked for hours about all things SHINee. That man knows his stuff, he isn’t some ‘fake fan’ who doesn’t care. He is a true fan who has worked incredibly hard to get to where he is now.
I didn
’t know anything aobut him before this post, I didn’t even know he was a he. In fact, I wish Ididn’t know any of this. This is an online environment, people keep their secrets online for a reason. I’m sure Bling had a reason for not telling us who he was and, judging by this post, I can understand why.
I hope no one else gets into your crap. Kpop is about happy emotions and bonding together over our favourite idols. It isn
’t meant to be about screwing other people over for their personal lives or their achievements.
So good on you Kim Jonghyun. I am glad you finally got your dream job. I remember you mentioning your wish to be a composer years ago and I am incredibly happy you made it. Just ignore the idiots on here who are just jealous because they have nothing going on in their own lives.

Taeminnielives
Nope, nope nope nope NOPe
I cant believe someone so terrible was on our site. I know people who entered that competition, I cant believe they would be screwed over like that. That guy is scum

SunnySulli
Eww he sounds totally gay. All this stuff about plots and schemes I don’t really get but he seriously sounds gay as hell. That is so wrong

199967
I dont think he was planning anything he justseems like he worked hard I don’t get why all the hate

Minhohoho
Seriously? Youre accusing him of making the fandom look bad and here you are dragging one of our members through the mud with no evidence. That’s disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself. Im agine if it was you that was being talked about like that

Pegasusmagic
No way! He should be expelled from the website. lIke I never whant to se him again
I talked to that guy and everyhig
(he is hot tho)

CJK1989
I found further proof for anyone that is interested.

[/image of Kim approaching venue]

[/image of Kim in venue]

[/image of Kim after the show]

Here is an image from a SHINee concert from 2008. As you can see Kim is attending with a girl who is clearly a SHINee fan. The girl’s relation to Kim is unknown however, they are close. Kim himself looks bored with the entire event and with her presence, giving credence to the homoual theory which I had seriously been beginning to disregard.

His hair is not obnoxiously dyed in this image showing it occurred between this period and his winning of the competition and subsequent appearance in the documentary. Thus, it can be assumed it was done for his TV appearance and hence, was merely to make him look good if not better than SHINee (in his opinion).

Inside the venue he has a camera however, not a single photo was posted by the account BlingBling. Thus, these photos are for personal use or for the creation of embarrassing images under a different account.

After the show he still looks bored with the whole event. He is surrounded by excited people following a show and he merely looks annoyed. No true fan would look like this.

StuckOnew
Seriously… stop talking. You’re embarrassing yourself. These are singular images. Maybe they only caught him at a bad time. Maybe you sorted through to find the bad ones yourself. Either way, this is not proof’ of anything. If anything, his attendance of shows reinforces that hes a SHINee fan.

Keytar
I dunno, the image painted there is suspicious

StuckOnew
It’s really not. It’s a case of one guy’s good luck and a fan girl’s jealousy.

Dibidibidisss
I couldn’t go to any shine shows cuz it was sold out and now I see this guy went and he doenst even like shinee. No fair!!!!

SJElf
Omg this guy is shamelss

 


CHAPTER NOTES: ummm... I'm sorry? :c