Free time

The Life and Times of a SHINee Fanboy

BlingBling

15:32pm 30.05.2013

SHINee airport fashion

So, Ill start with a personal thing. Feel free to skip if you dont know me/dont care.

Sorry Ive been gone so long. If you didnt know, I got a new job straight after graduation from college. Since starting Ive been challenged like I never have before and have also been busier than I ever have before. Unfortunately, my ability to stay up to date on SHINee comings and goings has been impacted (tragically) and thus, mt online presence has been a little sparse.

Ok, so onto the actual post.

Airport fashion is my favourite fashion. Some people (coughKeycough) take it seriously and others take it less so. Its so interesting to see the starsmore personal style and it lets you know more about their psyche.

See this: Image credit to Minhominutes

[/image of Minho at the airport]

This shows me that Minho cares about style but also cares about comfort. He clearly isnt super into fashion, as indicated by the simple style hes rocking. The shirt and jacket arent anything groundbreaking. The way hes styled himself is nothing new nad many a stylist has dressed him in very similar looks. But overall, he looks good, he looks suave and there is nothing to criticise him for here. The large amount of black is a little drowning and I kinda wish he would lighten it up a little. But overall, its a good look. I like the scarf too. It looks fluffy and warm.

[/image of Taemin]

Image credit: Instataemin

This kid confuses me sometimes. Half the time hes all adorable maknae and dresses like a Hollister reject then you get this. The rock band shirt paired with the red plaid is pretty sweet. Sadly, not a style many can reproduce themselves. Imagine yourself or any dude you know wearing that, theyd look like a slob. Then again, not many dudes wear pants as tight as Taemin does, so maybe thats part of it.

Im also jealous of his hair. It always looks so smooth and silky. Plus, Ill admit Im glad the Sherlock locks (ha) are gone. They worked for the shoot but Taemin clearly wasnt comfortable with them and thats whats important when it comes to style.

[/image of Key]

Imagecredit: SHINeeblog

Do I even need to say anything. That shirt should be gaudy as all heck... but on Key it isnt. A baseball cap always looks lame... except on Key.That bag would be too feminine on anyone... except Key. I really have nothing to say, Key slays but then again, Key always slays.

I heard Key does his own makeup for the airport, that true? If it is, thats rad. My skills are not great so Im jealous. Although to be fair, I rarely wear makeup and I only got introduced to it a few years ago (my sister forced me, declared I didnt pay enough attention to my appearance). s hard.

[/image of Onew]

Image credit: OnlyOnew

I saved the best for last ;D

Everyone who knows me knows Onew is my bae. However, even I have to admit this look is a little lazy. A hoodie and skinnies. Hey, props for wearing skinnies at least, those things get crampy on long flights but overall its a super laid back look.

Not saying thats bad though. He looks adorable. (I want to squish his face) His hair is all long and cow -y too and just ugh. So cute. But my freaking out is not hte point of this post. This post is airport fashion. Bling, focus.

K. Grey hoodie that everyone one of us probably owns a replica of just because its so plain and bleh. Still cute on him and guaranteed to make a flight comfy and warm.

Black skinnies, fit him well. Not too loose, not too tight. Perfectly highlight his () figure. Its good.

Not much else I can say tbh.

So yeah, theres my review of the latest airport fashion. Feel free to talk to me in the comments, I wanna get more active again now Im certain Im not gonna lose my job any time soon (as long as I dont mess up :P)

BlingBling out

Keybum
Hey, baseball caps are cool. Dont diss.

StuckOnew
Welcome back Bling. Missed ya on the live chats

KEYkeyKeykeYkEy
Key looks so adorbs in this photo ahhhh!!!!!

onlyyou 
I like this review. It was cute and a compilation of images is always nice. Easier than searching through fan pages myself. I appreciate

WnaBJpnse
Hw cyute du thy look asdfgkhj

Scanning through the rest of the comments and taking time to reply to a few of them, Jonghyun was happy. He hadn’t had much free time since starting work at SM Entertainment. Even his weekends had been filled with composition practice and the limited free time he did have was spent rereading his lecture notes, trying to glean extra information from them that may aid him in his work. That wasn’t to say he hadn’t enjoyed it; he loved his job and he wouldn’t trade it for anything. However, he did sometime wish he had a little time to himself.

This weekend was the first weekend he had had that he had completely free. He had submitted his piece, with edits following rigorous scrutiny by Sungkyu, for the new girl group’s album and he was pretty sure it wouldn’t need much more work. Thus, he had given himself the entire weekend off. There would be no studying, now work and no composition of any kind.

He had spent the previous evening watching cheesy TV shows and had even managed to catch a SHINee documentary about their recent Japan tours that he had been meaning to watch. Jiwoong had mercilessly when he had first switched the channel – as the artist always did when Jonghyun displayed his love for SHINee in any way – but Jonghyun was used to it by now and countered by teasing the boy about his crush on Min from Miss A. It was too easy to get his roommate all flustered and uncomfortable. Therefore, a little teasing was all that was required to make the man back off when he got obnoxious. He had even persuaded his roommate to watch some of SHINee’s music videos with him once, the other boy had walked away scoffing but had, not even under duress (ok, a little duress), later stated that their music wasn’t too bad. Jonghyun considered that a triumph.

Standing up from his bed, closing the SHINee forums, shutting down his laptop and pushing it away from himself as he did so, Jonghyun stretched out the kinks in his neck. It was 11am and he hadn’t moved from his bed since 9pm the night before so he was a little stiff. Scratching an itch on his neck he headed to his wardrobe, aiming to find an outfit for the day. He was meant to meet his sister for lunch at the cafe where he used to work in a couple of hours.

-

Walking into the building was a little nostalgic. It had only been a few months since he had stopped working there, yet it felt like far longer as he walked in the door. The café hadn’t changed at all, the layout and decorations were all exactly the same; even the TV in the corner was still playing the same channel it usually did but it somehow felt different. Waving to Minhee behind the counter as he approached, Jonghyun joined the small queue waiting to order. His sister didn’t appear to have arrived yet so he aimed to grab drinks for the both of them and claim a table before she got there. They could make a second order for food in a little while. It was only 12.30pm so they still had a little time until lunch proper.

“Hi Minhee,” Jonghyun greeted the harried looking staff member as he reached the front of the queue. “My usual and a flat white, please.”

Handing over the cash, after minimal interaction with the girl, he moved to an empty table near the counter and waited until the girl came to deliver his drinks – Jonghyun and Minhee had never really gotten along well, they worked well enough around each other but socially had nothing in common so conversation had always been a little stilted between them.

After his drink arrived, Jonghyun sat waiting for a little longer, idly observing the other patrons. Sipping his drink Jonghyun gasped at the heat and, putting his cup down quickly he began to rapidly fan his tongue with his hand. It felt like he had burnt off all the skin and there was a strong twinging pain spreading through his mouth.

“Smooth as ever, kid.” A voice from behind him remarked.

Jonghyun spun around in his seat rapidly with a very unattractive expression on his face, he was sure. Behind him was his old boss, the man smiling widely at his former employee. Grinning, ignoring the dull pain that was still lingering on his tongue, the blonde leapt to his feet and bowed briefly to the man in greeting.

“What’s up old man? I missed you.”

“And the cafe missed you too. The coffee machine is missing your gentle touch, no one cleans ‘er like you do.” The cafe owner joked.

Jonghyun sat down in his seat, gesturing the man to sit with him. “I can’t say I miss it.” Jonghyun laughed, “I have a new love now.”

“I heard you got one of them music jobs you wanted.” The man said, smiling at the young man, kindly.

Jonghyun was suddenly struck by the similarities between this man and his mentor, Sungkyu. The two had helped him when it wasn’t in their best interests and both had done so purely to help Jonghyun get forward in life. His ex-boss did not need to hire him, as a snot-nosed seventeen year old, and he definitely didn’t need to keep him on or give him a flexible schedule once his life became more hectic. Yet the man had.

Jonghyun had been really lucky with the elder males in his life.

“I did. I was so lucky to get it right out of school.” Jonghyun said, bashfully.

“I wouldn’t call it luck.” Said a feminine voice from behind him. Jonghyun turned and smiled at his sister, handing her her coffee as she sat down in one of the other seats at the table. Accepting the drink and cupping it in her hands to warm them up, the girl continued speaking, “I’d call it talent. Have you heard his music?” She asked the older man.

Jonghyun’s boss nodded. “I heard that boy group song he wrote years ago when it first came out and my daughter keeps linking me any new songs he writes.”

Sooyoung had grown rapidly. The girl had been only six years old when Jonghyun first met her and he had become close to the girl when she was around eight years of age and finally emerged from behind her father’s legs. The girl had often talked to him about her favourite kpop group, Girl’s Generation, and loved that he understood all of the references she made and could join in her conversations in a way her father never could. She was now eleven years old and still loved Jonghyun to death. Her love of kpop had only grown, exacerbated by Jonghyun himself, and he had even managed to get her into SHINee – mostly because she liked Key and desperately wanted to dress just like him.

“I haven’t seen her recently, I miss her.” Jonghyun smiled, seeing his sister a small smile of approval.

 “She’s always bragging to her friends about her friend Jonghyun who’s the best composer in SM. She’s a right little fan girl.” The man chuckled. “Be sure to visit your fans more often, she misses you too. Shame she’s at a friend’s place today.”

Hearing the mention of fans, Jonghyun groaned, earning a strange look from his sister. “What’s with that reaction?” She asked, sounding hopeful, like she was waiting for something to about.

“Nothing against Sooyoung,” Jonghyun assured his ex-boss. “But I had a brush with fan girls.”

“I hear fan girls of SM artists can get scary.” Sodam laughed.

Jonghyun shook his head, taking a quick sip of his coffee, glad that it had now cooled down enough to drink. Taking another gulp, he thought about how to approach this without giving his sister too much ammo to . “At a recent shoot I went to, a writer girl apparently found me hot.” Ignoring the snort his sister let out, Jonghyun continued, “And she posted photos of me on Twitter. She has a lot of followers too.”

“Aww, is little Jonghyun overwhelmed by his popularity.” Sodam teased, “Poor baby is too attractive.”

“Shut up, loser.” Jonghyun shot back. “I was just answering the question.”

“Be nice to your sister.” His ex-boss said, slightly reprimanding but clearly amused.

“Yeah Jjong, be nice to your sister.” Sodam parroted, her tone mocking.

“Sodam, be nice to your brother.” The man said, standing up from his seat. Ignorant to, or ignoring, the tongue Jonghyun stuck out at his sister and the answering rude gesture from the girl, the man bid his goodbyes, “I have to get back to work, come visit us more often, kid. I wanna hear how your new job’s goin’.”

Looking away from his glare battle with his sister, Jonghyun grinned up at the man, “Will do boss man. Stay classy.”

“I’m always classy,” the man said, tipping a fake hat. “Want me to grab you the lunch special? On the house.”

“I would love you forever.” Jonghyun said, staring up at the man, his sister nodding vigorously next to him, their previous petty argument forgotten.

After the man left, the two siblings got right into discussing how their lives had changed recently. They had not seen each other for over a month so there was quite a lot to cover. Sodam filled Jonghyun in on all the comings and goings of college life. The girl was studying literature and English language and was thoroughly enjoying her life post high school. Jonghyun filled her in on all the SM Entertainment gossip he had gleaned as well as the comings and goings of his roommate who always provided a wealth of anecdotal fodder – his most recent escapade involved him running out of underwear and sneaking next door to steal a pair from Eunji (Jonghyun had already threatened to castrate him if he stole his one more time). It had all culminated in Jiwoong sprinting down the hallway in only pajama pants and wearing a pair of on his head.

The two talked for hours, long after they had finished their food and the plates had been cleared. As much as they fought, they were still incredibly close as siblings and they enjoyed spending time together. Plus, Jonghyun was just glad to be out of his apartment, it had been far too long since he had just done something for himself like this.

 


CHAPTER NOTES: All work and no play makes Jonghyun a dull boy. He’d probably go insane without chapters like this :P
And this is the final chapter of arc 2. The story is now... 46,000 words long (ish) and approximately a third of the way through.
Arc 3 is next and it is the longest arc, in both number of chapters and number of words, and I promise it has more SHINee :P