Date night (time of day is irrelevant)

The Life and Times of a SHINee Fanboy

Jonghyun leapt up from the sofa eagerly when he heard the doorbell ring. Ignoring Jiwoong’s poorly disguised insult - the artist’s cough did nothing to hide the accusation of ‘whipped’, though he probably hadn’t meant it to be that subtle anyway - the blonde practically ran to the door, unlocking it quickly. He had already begun to put on his shoes before it had even fully opened.

“Eager to go?” Onew chuckled as he stepped into the foyer. He looked fantastic, even in an oversized hoodie, large black sunglasses and face mask, Jonghyun noticed.

Jonghyun was dressed similarly. He had avoided the face mask, not finding it necessary as he wasn’t as famous as his boyfriend. By less famous he, of course, meant not famous at all, although he did occasionally still get messages online from his adoring fans.

Since starting to date the singer, many items of clothing that Jonghyun rarely wore before had come out more and more often. He usually preferred tailored or more fashionable clothes but, when out with Onew, he usually had to remain unnoticed and his usual clothes didn’t really embody that. Not that he dressed incredibly flashy, like those chaebol heirs you saw on TV, but it wasn’t the subtle he desired. Therefore, oversized hoodies and beanies had overtaken his wardrobe. He had however, retained his skinny jeans and coloured hair. He had to keep some aspect of his own taste in his clothing choices.

“You don’t even know.” Jonghyun said, dragging the other male out of his apartment and down the hallway to the lift. “Jiwoong’s been watching documentaries about paint drying speeds all morning. I was going insane.” Seeing Onew’s look of incredulity, Jonghyun exclaimed, “They exist and they are as dull as they sound. Also there’s more than one. More than one person decided that was a topic that really, really needed to be covered in detail.”

“Then I’m glad to be a distraction for you.” Onew said, gesturing Jonghyun into the recently arrived lift and pressing the button for the lower ground floor – the car parking level for the apartment building.

Jonghyun smiled at his boyfriend and, in the empty lift where there was no one to see, moved closer to link their arms and lean his head against the singer’s shoulder. The composer would usually curse his short height, however, in situations like this, it was definitely a benefit. He felt the idol’s arm reach around and grasp his waist and, turning to look at the taller male, he reached up and pulled down his mask. Pulling it down below the man’s lips, the blonde pecked him quickly and released the mask. The singer yelped as the elastic twanged back into place and resulted in stinging line around his ears.

“Don’t be a baby.” Jonghyun chuckled, as the doors to the lift opened and the two stepped out into the parking garage, now at a respectable distance apart.

Their footsteps echoed loudly in the large room as they headed towards the car. Jonghyun couldn’t help the curl of warmth that spread through him as he realised his footsteps were completely in time with his boyfriend’s. Moments like this made him feel like a teenage girl but he didn’t care. He was dating the man of his dreams and he was going to make the most of it.

Onew walked around to the passenger side of the car and held open the door for Jonghyun, bowing shallowly.

“Thank you, good sir.” Jonghyun said, teasing his boyfriend as the male obviously expected to be teased. However, he was very touched. The other man really could be the perfect gentleman when he tried. Of course, he often ruined that with his off-colour sense of humour or by mocking Jonghyun in some way – always jokingly and Jonghyun always mocked right back – but he had his moments.

“My princess.” Onew said, as he pushed the car door closed. The singer laughed as he saw Jonghyun’s face just before he shut the door. He was glad the windows were tinted and the doors were mostly soundproof because he was sure the blonde had probably shot a few choice words and hand gestures at him for that one.

“So,” Onew said, as he slid into the driver’s seat, “I have a few things I was hoping to do today.”

“Oh?” Jonghyun said, looking at the singer, his minimal annoyance at his boyfriend’s quip fading away.

“Yep.” The singer said, as he the car’s engine and reversed out of the parking space. Jonghyun, at moments like this, was glad that neither he nor Jiwoong owned cars. With the apartment, they had also acquired a parking space that, since the day they had moved in, remained empty. However, now, Onew occupied it whenever he came to visit Jonghyun at his home. It was far easier than having to find any nearby parking and also posed less of a risk of the two being discovered doing something suspicious.

“So, where we going?” Jonghyun asked, as the car cruised down the road. Looking out the window, the blonde tried to work out where they were heading. He knew these streets but, unfortunately, they led to basically anywhere within the city. “You made it sound like we had a destination today.”

The two didn’t usually have anywhere in particular in mind when they were on a date in the car. They often just drove around the city, observing the sights and finding new regions that they had never driven through before. So this journey was intriguing the blonde.

“Secret.” Onew said, stressing each syllable separately.

Jonghyun made a groaning noise of annoyance and continued peering out of the windows like a small child on the way to the zoo.

Onew laughed at his reaction and patted his knee. “The river. We’re going to the river.”

Jonghyun looked at him and gaped, “Is that safe?”

“Absolutely.” Onew assured, knowing what Jonghyun was referring to. “I have adequate disguise and it’s a really busy spot. We’ll look just like friends and we’ll be fine.”

“I’m glad.” Jonghyun grinned, settling back in his seat. Looking at Onew, he smiled gently and tried to convey his happiness through his expression.

“This is for you. This is your weekend.” Onew said, looking away from the road to grin at his boyfriend, “We’re celebrating your achievements properly and this is what you said you wanted.”

“I did?” Jonghyun asked, looking confused. “I don’t remember saying that.”

“You probably wouldn’t.”

Jonghyun looked at him in confusion, not aware of any gaps in his memories. Shrugging absently, he fell silent, happy to wait for the car to arrive at its destination. He trusted Onew to make this a fun day.

--

 “That reminds me,” Jonghyun commented as the two males strolled past a small group of ducks that were lounging by the banks of the river. Jonghyun found them adorable. The lone male was preening happily, smoothing out his feathers whilst the others, all female, napped contentedly in the grass. “I finished that song for Taemin.”

“Wait, seriously?” Onew said, looking at Jonghyun in shock. Not that his full expression was visible through his mask but Jonghyun could imagine it clearly enough. “I thought you were joking about writing one.”

“No way. It was fun.” Jonghyun grinned, “I’ll give you a copy of it later, so he can check it out.”

“Will do.” Onew grinned, “The kid’ll be so happy.”

“One issue,” Jonghyun said, rubbing the back of his head. Due to the hood obscuring his appearance to the casual observer, he couldn’t ruffle his hair.

Onew looked at him questioningly. It clearly wasn’t a big issue as Jonghyun didn’t look too worried but he felt a curl of worry in his gut nonetheless.

“It’s sort of a duet. I know I joked about it before, but I wasn’t really serious. I was really planning to make it fully solo but I was composing and it sort of happened that way. I reasoned he could ask Kai or someone. Kai would be best, has the right sort of voice for the part.”

“How is that an issue?” Onew asked, laughing.

“Well, Taemin really wants a solo album, right? So it’s not really solo if I give him a duet.”

“It’s still a solo album. It’ll just feature someone else. Plus that sounds fancy. Lee Taemin featuring Kai from EXO.” Onew said, slowly moving his hand in front of him as if he was revealing the words. “Fancy schmancy.”

Jonghyun chuckled, rolling his eyes. “If that’s your definition of fancy I’m not sure I want to see your definition of low rent.”

“But seriously,” Onew said after sticking his tongue out at the insult, “Taemin will be so thankful. Thanks for doing this. I’m sorry you had to work on the weekends.”

“I enjoyed writing this song, it was different from work. It was refreshing.” Jonghyun said, smiling.

And he did enjoy it. Working as SM Entertainment was a dream come true. He got to spend every day doing what he loved and he loved doing it. However, he had missed the feeling of sitting in his bed room in his spare time and writing music for fun. Plus, he had been writing for SHINee for years, whether they knew it or not, so it was easy to slip back into it. With other groups or singers it was a challenge to write for them because he didn’t know them or their voices well. He had to work out who they were and their strengths and weaknesses. With SHINee, he already knew all that. Thus, he could challenge himself in different ways. He was able to experiment more with the melodies and was able to tell intrinsically what would work and what would not. It was refreshing.

“Good.” Onew smiled, bumping his shoulder gently against the blonde’s. “Wouldn’t want you forcing yourself just for my bratty group-mate.”

Jonghyun laughed, bumping him right back. He was forced to break into a light jog as Onew growled playfully and made to lunge at him and probably subject him to tickling or something similar. Dodging round people, the two ran a short distance before Jonghyun called truce, his shoes not being made for running and his breath a little short – though if Onew asked why they stopped, it was all his shoes and he wasn’t tired at all.

Stopping next to the composer, Onew laughed and pulled down his mask, drawing in a few breaths of clear air. He too was feeling the strain. For a man who sang and danced for a living, his sporting ability was sorely lacking. It was something Jonghyun took great pleasure in teasing him about. “Want to head back to the car soon?” He asked, “We can grab a bite to eat on the way back, or something.”

Jonghyun nodded, following the singer as he headed back towards the car. He felt the urge to grab his boyfriends hand as they strolled along. He knew it was cliché and a little cheesy and he knew that Onew would likely judge him for being sappy but he wanted it. However, they couldn’t and Jonghyun understood that. Not only was Onew famous, and a relationship scandal would be catastrophic for his career, but they were both men. There had been dramatic progress in gay rights and acceptance in their country recently, however there was still a long way to go until it was universally accepted and even longer before someone whose entire job was in the spotlight could afford to admit such a relationship. It was a sad fact but it was one Jonghyun had long come to terms with.

Pulling his hood further over his face, Jonghyun jogged gently to catch up with Onew who had walked a little ahead in Jonghyun’s time of reflection. Shooting the singer a grin and brushing their hands together briefly, Jonghyun was happy to feel Onew’s fingers reach across and squeeze his hand gently before letting go.

Sending a grin at the blonde, Onew turned and began jogging backwards, moving steadily away from Jonghyun, “Race you to the car!”

“What?” Jonghyun called, as Onew ran away from him, having turned and started running the second the last word had left his mouth. “No fair!”

He ran quickly, trying to catch up with the singer, one hand on his hood to keep it in place and mumbling curses under his breath. Onew turned his head and made a small squeaking noise as he saw the composer approaching fast. The idol made a concerted effort to escape however, the composer was more in shape than he was and managed to catch up fast, despite his inappropriate shoes.

Jonghyun growled playfully under his breath as he approached the singer and, dodging round a little girl on a bike and a mother with a pram, he managed to grab the back of his boyfriend’s jacket. Grabbing on tightly, he yanked hard, pulling the singer towards him and causing the both of them to topple over. It was only Jonghyun’s quick thinking that resulted in the two hitting the grass at the side of the path instead of the path itself.

The two rolled about, play wrestling in the grass, for a few minutes until Onew won – partially because Jonghyun couldn’t bring himself to fight the man when he pulled the hurt puppy look – and ended up sitting on the composer, straddling his hips.

“That was mean.”

“You started it.” Jonghyun said, crossing his arms as best he could from underneath the other male.

“You’re just a sore loser.” Onew countered.

“I didn’t lose!”

“See? Sore loser.” Onew said, pointing at Jonghyun’s face in triumph.

Sticking his tongue out at the other male, Jonghyun pushed him off himself and onto the grass. Standing up slowly, he frowned at the many grass stains now marring his grey pants.

“You ruined my pants.” He pouted, looking at the singer petulantly.

“You ruined your own pants.”

“Nuh uh.”

“Uh huh.”

Their play argument continuing, the composer pulled the singer to his feet. The argument, after a few minutes petered off and the two broke out into loud laughter.

“Come on, loser.” Jonghyun said, still chuckling. “Let’s go. I’m hungry.”

“Sounds good.” Onew said, smiling gently and gesturing for Jonghyun to lead the way.

Jonghyun took the invitation, practically skipping onto the path. Holding out his left hand in invitation, Jonghyun swept into a low bow, inviting Onew to join him on the path. Onew, taking the invitation, strolled as if he was royalty before once more collapsing into laughter. The two drew many confused stares from passersby as they wandered down the riverside path back to where they had parked the car but neither particularly cared.

Jonghyun especially couldn’t care less what anyone thought of him. This was his day. This was his celebration with his boyfriend. He was damn well going to enjoy every minute of it.

He already was.

--

“I’ll be right back.” Onew said, as he stepped out of the car. “I have something I need to buy real quick.”

The two males had been driving for approximately an hour, doing exactly as they normally did when driving together. Absently, Jonghyun realised they had skipped lunch. There had been plans to buy some after they left the park – it was a little late but could still be considered lunch. However, they had gotten into a really in depth conversation about the intricacies of the entertainment industry and had become distracted. The topic may sound boring to many people but, for the two who were so involved with the industry, it was interesting and kept them occupied through many a residential neighbourhood.

Jonghyun looked out the window, interested as to where Onew had stopped the car. It appeared to be a small, local shopping district. There was a green grocer whose windows teemed with colourful veggies, the cabbages on prime display. An older woman was bustling through the aisles, her shopping basket clutched tightly in her hands, as she perused the display of carrots, looking for the best ones. Next door to that was a post office. A man at the counter was saying something. Jonghyun assumed he was angry about something from the sharp arm movements he was making and the irritated look on the employee’s face.

From his place in the car, Jonghyun couldn’t clearly see any of the other shops in the small precinct. Therefore, he wasn’t certain where the Onew had gone. He was assuming the man wasn’t planning to go and buy a large bunch of kale and he had had nothing in his hand when he left the car, so wasn’t posting a letter. They may have skipped lunch and the singer may be on a performance diet right now, however, even he wouldn’t consider that a viable lunch.

Shrugging and turning up the radio, Jonghyun settled down to wait. He was sure his curiosity would be assuaged in a little while. Onew was terrible at keeping anything secret and, with the way he was going about this little expedition indicated he wasn’t planning to keep it secret for long.

 Jonghyun had gotten through three more songs on the radio – two of which he enjoyed and one he spent the whole song cringing at the poor composition – before Onew returned. The singer opened the door but did not enter the car. Jonghyun watched, a little confused as the male fumbled with something in his hands.

“I, uhh…” Onew said, looking nervous.

Jonghyun watched, not sure why his boyfriend was acting like this. Cocking his head, he remained silent, waiting to see if the singer would explain himself. His boyfriend still had his mask down, although his hood was up, and it was clear he was chewing the inside of his cheek; which was something the male usually tried to avoid doing, finding it to be a very bad habit.

“You ok?” Jonghyun asked, starting to feel a little concerned. His boyfriend often acted odd, but he had been fidgeting in the doorway for over a minute now, it was a little more odd than usual.

“Yeah.” Onew said, nodding to himself. However, he still didn’t enter the car. “I uh, I got you a gift. Because this is a celebration and our first cliché romantic date. So yeah, I got you…” He trailed off and shrugged, looking embarrassed as he pulled something from behind his back.

Jonghyun gasped as something incredibly bright and colourful overtook his vision and a sweet smell permeated his senses. Pulling back slightly the blonde allowed his eyes to focus on the object now obscuring his vision. When his eyes focused properly he smiled widely and reached out to take the object from Onew. The singer then slid into the car seat, no longer needing to hover awkwardly outside the door as he now had nothing to hide.

“These are beautiful.” Jonghyun exclaimed. “How did you know I wanted flowers?”

They really were beautiful flowers. The bouquet was a riot of bright pinks, oranges and yellows. All the flower heads were large and none of the assembled flowers could have been described as delicate. The whole display was just so… Onew. He had probably spent ages choosing these flowers, making sure each one was exactly the right colour. Considering the male had been gone for over twenty minutes, Jonghyun was sure the poor server was probably going spare having to deal with his boyfriend’s pickiness.

one of the flower’s petals – a raucous, yellow daisy-like flower – Jonghyun marvelled at its softness. He knew nothing about flowers, that that one flower looked like a daisy was pretty much the extent of his knowledge. However, he could appreciate how these flowers looked. The yellows interacted well with the brightness of the pinks and the oranges – which were smaller than the others with many blooms per stem – and the colours were all intermixed nicely.

“Secret.” Onew said, tapping his nose.

Jonghyun scowled at the male and stuck out his tongue before sniffing the flowers once more, his expression smoothing out into something calmer. “You’ll tell me one day.”

Onew chucked, reversing out of the car park, “You talk a lot when you’re drunk.”

“Oh god.” Jonghyun moaned. He would have put his head in his hands however, the flowers were in the way. “I didn’t say anything too bad, right?”

“Nothing terrible.” Onew assured. “Although you did speak to Minnie for a while and he probably gained some blackmail material.”

“I did? Oh god. I’m taking that song back. He doesn’t deserve it.”

Onew laughed as he turned the car back onto the road and started to head back to Jonghyun’s apartment, “Take away at your house?”

“Works for me. As long as we get something greasy and unhealthy. It’s a special occasion.” Jonghyun bartered.

“Something Chinese?” Onew asked, “We can buy in bulk and get some for Jiwoong too.”

“He might not be home, he’s been out with his secret girlfriend most nights recently. But I guess I could eat it for lunch tomorrow if he’s not there.” Jonghyun said, his expression getting happier as he spoke and realised there was the chance he could eat super unhealthy – but delicious – food for more than one day in a row.

“That works,” Onew agreed, stopping at the traffic lights and looking up to study the road signs as if to work out which way he needed to go.

“Left.” Jonghyun said, seeing Onew’s confusion.

“I knew that.”

“Sure you did, dear.” Jonghyun agreed.

Onew snorted and broke down into laughter. “Oh God, you sounded like my mother. That’s really disturbing.”

“I’m sure your mother is a fantastic person. I’d be glad to emulate her.” Jonghyun countered.

Onew looked away from the road to study Jonghyun briefly before shrugging, “She is pretty great.”

This conversation made Jonghyun think. Everyone important in his life knew he was gay and had a boyfriend. Those closest to him knew exactly who that boyfriend was, even if they hadn’t met him themselves. Even his parents, who were initially wary of his uality, had become comfortable with the idea of him dating a man. He had told them, after a month of dating the singer, about who exactly he was seeing. That was a conversation he would rather not relive any time soon.

Sodam had found it hilarious, especially the fact that her brother could go so red in the face. Their mother had been happy for her son, hugging him and asking for all the details. She had finally become more comfortable with her son’s preferences in his second year at university and had initiated a large conversation about what it meant and why he preferred dating males. Since then, she had been hinting that he needed to find himself a nice person – she still had some lingering hope he’d find a woman, although realizing it was almost impossible – and settle down. Apparently, by his age, she had already met his father and was preparing to get married to the man.

His father had taken a lot longer to come to terms with everything. He had not initiated any conversations and had remained uncomfortable and silent whenever the topic was brought up, up until very recently. At some point within the last six months or so, after Jonghyun had first become friends with Onew, the man had started to act less uptight. Jonghyun wasn’t entirely sure what the catalyst was, however, after he had noticed the change, he had started to treat Sodam to a few more dinners and nights out. The girl may not have overtly said anything to their father but Jonghyun was sure she had had at least some impact on the man’s opinions.

His father’s reaction when he had informed the man of his romantic partner was to get Sodam to show him interviews and variety shows featuring the singer. The man was highly technologically illiterate, which was lucky, as Jonghyun had heard from Sodam that she had avoided the shows that were least flattering for Onew’s character – not that any interviews obviously shed the singer in a bad light but there were some things you would rather your future father-in-law not see. Jonghyun felt a little bad that he had forced his sister to sit through so many hours of television she didn’t care about, yet, simultaneously, he wasn’t too bothered. The girl had been getting him to pay her back ever since.

After he had watched a good two hours of content, never saying a word – apparently – the eldest Kim had declared the idol was ‘acceptable’ and ‘wouldn’t embarrass the family name’. Thus, Jonghyun’s parents accepted his relationship and, at some point in the future, he would introduce Onew to them properly.

However, the composer wasn’t sure if Onew had informed his own parents about Jonghyun. He hoped he had but there may be good reason for the singer not to. Honestly, Jonghyun didn’t know all that much about the idol’s family situation. This was mostly because the singer lived in the dorms and had done for a long time and his work schedule was busy, not allowing long trips to go and see his parents very often. The composer knew the singer spoke to the couple often on the phone often but he wasn’t sure the male would have informed them in that manner. Some things were better told in person, after all.

“Would she like me?” Jonghyun asked, fiddling with one of the leaves of a raucously pink flower.

“Who?” Onew asked, still focusing on the road.

“Your mother.”

Onew looked surprised at the question for a moment before smiling and reaching an arm towards Jonghyun, the other remaining on the steering wheel. Patting the composer’s knee, the singer spoke, “She’d love you. She already does and she hasn’t even met you.”

“She does?” Jonghyun asked, looking hopeful.

“Of course she does, who wouldn’t?”

“Many people.” Jonghyun chuckled, his worries assuaged. If the singer had told his mother and she approved, that would make their relationship so much easier in the future. Nothing was worse for a new relationship than disapproving parents, he had heard.

Onew telling his mother also showed something else that Jonghyun hadn’t considered. It showed that the singer was in this relationship for the long-haul. As Jonghyun was also intending that to be the case, it was a fantastic thing to find out about his boyfriend. Grinning, his fingers still twirling the long, green leaf of the daisy-like flower, the blonde felt a tingly warmth spread through his body.

“Well they’re strange and wrong.” Onew stated, pulling into the car park for a strip of shops just down the road from Jonghyun’s apartment building. “Special fried rice and beef and black bean good?” He asked, as he parked and grabbed his wallet.

“Yep,” Jonghyun agreed. The two ate together often, so knew what to order. The question was merely a courtesy in case Jonghyun’s usual answer had changed for some reason.

Three hours later, the two males were comfortably full and lounging about on the blonde’s sofa. Jiwoong had not returned home that evening, as Jonghyun had predicted, so the remaining food was packed into plastic boxes and placed in the fridge for the next day. Their plates had also been cleared, now sat in the sink, ready to be washed.

Onew shifted, nudging the blonde’s head from where it was resting on his shoulder. Jonghyun let out a groan and made grabby hands towards the singer, trying to pull him back towards him. The idol laughed, running his fingers through the composer’s hair gently before he pushed himself up off the sofa. Jonghyun groaned again, falling to one side and laying lengthwise across the sofa cushions.

“You’re ridiculous.” Onew said, watching the blonde’s flailing attempts to get up.

“No, you are.” Jonghyun countered, giving up on sitting up and falling still. His voice was slightly muffled by the soft material of the sofa but still understandable in the quiet room. “I was comfortable.”

“I have to leave.” Onew said, looking a little sad at the prospect. “I’m expected back at the dorm tonight.”

Jonghyun pushed himself up for real this time and stood up slowly, pausing to stretch out all the kinks in his back. “That , I was enjoying that.”

“You were falling asleep.” Onew said, moving towards the door, Jonghyun following.

“And I was enjoying every second.”

Rolling his eyes, Onew pulled the male towards himself, finding it amusing how the blonde stumbled because he didn’t expect it. Kissing him gently, he pulled away until they were nose to nose. “I’ll see you soon. I hope you had a good day.”

“I did.” Jonghyun said, shuddering at the feeling of Onew’s breath across his lips. “I really did.”

“I’m glad. I tried to make everything perfect for you.”

“And you managed.” Jonghyun said, a little sad as the singer pulled away from their embrace in order to put on his shoes. “Have a safe trip home.”

“I will.” Onew smiled. Turning around, he kissed Jonghyun once more, leaving the composer red in the face and a little flustered and opened the door. “I’ll try to make time to see you next week.”

“You better.” Jonghyun mock threatened before waving the singer goodbye as he headed towards the lifts.

Onew blew a kiss back towards Jonghyun before stepping into the metal contraption. Jonghyun mimed catching the flying gesture and fake swooned. The last thing he saw before the lift doors slid shut was Onew’s laughing face. Shutting the door gently, Jonghyun leant against it feeling like all those women in chick flicks did after their dream dates. Sighing in happiness, he was glad Jiwoong was out with his girlfriend – who he still hadn’t officially told Jonghyun about – because the artist would love to tease the composer about this. He could imagine it now, ‘I know you’re gay but I didn’t realise you were also a woman’ or ‘if I wanted to see love sick people I’d have gone to the Cherry Blossom festival at sunset’.

Shaking himself out of it, Jonghyun moved further into his apartment. He took a second to admire the flower arrangement from Onew and vowing to get some plant nutrients later so the blooms would stay vibrant for longer, before walking to the couch and collapsing onto it. Hugging a pillow to himself, he tried to decide what to do with his night. After some hard thinking, he allowed himself to indulge in his chick-flick feelings and searched the TV channels for a sappy romance movie. Finding one, he settled down for the night but not before shooting a quick text to his boyfriend.

Jonghyun 8:49pm
Today was fun. Thank you for doing this.
 

Then, realising how sappy and pathetic he sounded he sent one more.

Jonghyun 8:50pm
I don’t thank you for turning me into a sap tho

 


CHAPTER NOTES: You know I said the last chapter was longer than usual. This one is even longer. Actually broke 5k with this one. :3

I only got 2 comments last chapter. I wouldnt usually mention comment numbers but I was missing comments from a couple of usual commenters and it worried me. Did you all get the notification for the last chapter?