Arc 2 begins

The Life and Times of a SHINee Fanboy

TaemintToTheMax

10:36am 16.09.09

My review of the Juliette documentary

Oh. My. God. Guys!

Did you see the new SHINee documentary yet???? It was so amazing to see the oppa’s again. They haven’t been on my TV in so long. I didn’t realize how much I missed seeing their faces until I saw them again and just... ahhhh!!!! I basically flailed the whole time I watched it. So of course, I had to watch it again to actually take in all the details. That’s basically how I watch anything SHINee thow. Once for freak out and then again for the deets.

So on to the actual review:

So, the beginning. It was awesome. The behind the scenes of their recording and music video filming was amazing. I don’t really watch other idol stuff so I haven’t seen the process much before. I was shocked at how much effort goes into the filming, you know. The amount of work  they all put into it all was inspirational. They put more effort into singing one line of a song than I have ever put into anything in my life. Plus, they looked so damn cute.

Ok, so onto the important stuff. The new song and video. Juliette is probably one of my favourite SHINee songs so far. I know a lot of people disagree with me and say that Replay is better and stuff but... Juliette. It gets me. It’s so sweet and it showcases their voices a lot more than any of their previous songs. I have never heard Minho sing in the higher register before and it surprised me how well he can do that. Although, the interview made it look like he really didn’t like how high it was xD

Their stylist is insane, I’ll admit that but it just works. They all look so good in clothes that would make anyone else look insane. Taemin in glasses tho. Rainbow skinny jeans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and rainbow shirts and glasses with stuff stuck to them. Fluffy shirts. Teh fluff. It looks like shirt beards. I don’t understandi t but I love it. Onew and Key with lighter hair, omg. Taemins fluffy hair. It’s so cute and so much better than the bowl. I love it . I want it I want him (I’ll stop here before I bore you with my flailing about Taemin :P)

The dance it cute too. I like the triangle pointy way they stand so one person gets most of the attention. The dance takes so much skill. Like how tothey move their legs like that? I’ll admit I don’t know dance (or singing or musical anything really) but I thought it was freaking great!!!!

And now onto the part a lot of people are probably skipping through to find. My opinion on Kim Jonghyun. Before I wrote this review, I saw a post that said he was just pretending to be a fan. But, I don’t know it didn’t seem like that to me. He seemed like a genuine fanboy. And I know those are rare but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. What are the chances that a fan boy is a composer... same as any other fan being a composer, I guess. Did you see his face when he met SHINee for the first time, he looked completely starstruck. A poke would have sent him sprawling. It was cute... and ok, he was cute, in a rough, unpolished sort of way. His hair was amazing, jsut as an aside, I kinda want that for myself.

His interview made him seem super down to earth and just nice. His little embarrassed look when he admitted he was a SHINee fan was adorbs but it also made me kind of sad. Sad because he isn’t allowed to admit that he loves something without extreme judgement. Because people won’t let a guy like typically ‘girly’ things.

But heavy stuff aside. He clearly loves SHINee a lot. When he went into that cute little rant about how SHINee inspired him. Aww, cutie. And when he said all that stuff to SHINee themselves. Double aww. So cute. I loved Onew’s face during Jonghyun’s speech. Seriously, watch his face as Jonghyun talks, he looks so thankful and so damn happy.

Absolutely one of my favourite shows ever. That might be my total SHINee bias because I need more shine in my life but I loved every second.

TL:DR SHINee are adorbs. New music video is one of my new favourites. Jonghyun is a cutie and a total fanboy

KEYOPPA
I agree with everything you said. Except Taemin’s galsses being cute. They were just not. At all. Your blinded by your love. They were uuuugly

StuckOnew
I appreciate how fair you were with your review. I’ve seen a lot of hate on Jonghyun because he’s a man and he’s ‘not a real fan’ or he’s ‘gay’ or ‘weird’ for liking SHINee. I think he’s a super brave individual with a lot of talent. His song is amazing and SHINee clearly like it too. Everytime they talked about the song they seemed genuinely happy about it, it was awesome.

Jinyoung95
As if he’s a fan. Nope. He’s just using shinee. Shouldve gone to a real fan.

Iluffyou
I **** hate that song it isn’t even good i cant deal with thatone being the one that was chose!!

MrsChoi
OMG HES SO CUTE THO BUT HES GOTTA BE TOTALLY GAY

KEYOPPA
I don’t think he has to be gay.He’s just a fan like us.

Taemindreamin
‘like us’ suggests gay. Dont tell me you don’t like then at least partially because theyre hot :P

 

 


CHAPTER NOTES: And this is the start of what I like to call arc 2. I know my arcs aren’t really true arcs. But it was just an easy way to categorise the different sections of this fic in my head. It makes it easier to process when I'm editing.
Also, I'm sorry it's short. The non-segway chapters will all be over 2000 words but these ones are usually not quite as long.

Note from me: I totally saw Prince Mak from JJCC last night. He hosts a radio show on SBS PopAsia every week and the show brought him out to Melbourne for the Lunar New Year festival. He (and the radio hosts) chatted and played a few games. It was cool. If you don't know JJCC or Prince Mak, check them out. Gotta represent the Aussie kpop idol ;D