Arc 4 Begins

The Life and Times of a SHINee Fanboy

www.kpopnews.com/article/2015/06/SHINee-Onew -dating

SHINee’s Onew believed to be dating

24 November, 2013 – 11:47am

Onew (23) has been speculated to be in a relationship with an unknown other. The leader of SHINee has been spotted on multiple occasions on what netizens believe to be dates.

Recent photos published by Dispatch show the singer entering a car which contains an unknown other. The photographs show the singer carrying flowers and presenting them to the person within the car. SNS posts from the store they were purchased state the idol requested gift wrapping and was particular about which flowers he wanted in the bouquet.

[/SNS post from flower shop owner]

[@xflowersforpowers

Not every day you serve Onew from SHINee. He was very particular about getting pink and orange flowers. He really wanted them to be perfect.]

The idol group was previously considered squeaky clean, with no members being involved in a scandal of any kind. SM Entertainment is yet to make any comment.

Source: Dispatch;SNS[1]

--

 

www.kpopnews.com/article/2015/06/SM-statement-Onew-dating-rumours

SM Entertainment releases statement about Onew’s dating scandal

25 November, 2013 3:15pm

SM Entertainment has released an official statement about the dating rumours surrounding SHINee’s Onew (23).

Yesterday, speculations were brought up about Onew dating an unknown other after he was witnessed purchasing flowers before entering a car containing another individual. Speculation is this individual is dating the singer. However, SM Entertainment has denied these claims.

The rumours of SHINee’s Onew dating are unfounded. The flowers were for a close friend and Onew is currently focused on his career above all else.” The statement continued to explain how Onew and all members of SHINee are currently hard at work following the release of their latest Korean album, The Misconceptions of Us, as well as their 2nd Japanese album Boys Meet U a few months ago.

SM Entertainment assured that Onew will work harder to ensure such misunderstandings do not occur again in the future and he is very apologetic for any distress he may have caused with his actions.

Source: SM Entertainment

--

OnlyOnew

13.58am 26.11.13

Is Onew-oppa dating someone?

Hai guys,

So recently loads and loads of articles and tweets and reports and stuff have been released saying Onew-oppa is dating someone. Originally I was super sad because he cant date someone but then I thought about it and… yeah he can. He deserves ot be happy too, right?

But that’s not the issue here or the point of the post. We can discuss whether idols should be able to date at length in another place. This post is purely for the question ‘Is Onew Dating Someone?

So, I did some digging through old photos and I can honestly say, I’m not sure.

Recent photos show Onew-oppa spending more time outside the dorm than he used to. There have been more sightings of him outside the dorm this year than I have ever seen before. He used to go out sometimes, usually with the other Shinee members or SuJu sunbaenim or other idols, but now it’s more common.

But this doesn’t mean he’s dating. Most of these pictures show him with an unknoen male who must be a new friend, as he hasn’t shown up before this year. These two are often seen around the Shinee dorm or around the SM building. Unfortuantely, they quickly move inside and there are no full pictures of this friend, due to his hood or sunglasses. He does seem to be blonde though. So it could be an idol but maybe one from a smaller group or the trainees as he hasn’t been recognized yet.

[/image of the two outside SM photo]

[/image of the two walking together photo]

But this isn’t dating and therefore isn’t important to this thread.

So the incident of interest was the car date’ and the flowers.

It’s confirmed the flowers were bought by Onew-oppa and he spent a long time choosing what blooms he wanted. Apparently he isn’t educated in the language of flowers because they mean a really weird mix of things (I posted a separate forum post about all the meanings if you’re interested) but he definitely went for ones that look good together. This is confirmed by the SNS post of the flower shop girl who served him. Apparently he really wanted pinks and oranges and really wanted big loud flowers (which just seems totally Onew-oppa, its cute).

Then he gave the flwers to someone in his car. There’s a load of pictures of him in this car and I’m pretty sure it is his or at least the one he usually uses. The pictures seem pretty incriminating. Because of the tinted windows it’s impossible to see the person in the car, which a little, but the look on Onew-oppa’s face seems totally smitten, at least to me. Idk I don’t look at someone I consider a friend like that.

[/Dispatch photo of Onew entering car]

Since those pictures were released, several more pictures have emerged. These look totally innocent when you look at them but knowing the celebrity thing for car dates, theres a chance they aren’t.

[/Potential car date photo 1]

[/Potential car date photo 2]

Finally, he was spotted at the park, strolling casually by the Han River. Again, the person he is with is not visible and the person who took the photo apologized profusely that they didn’t see them. Apparently she was so pshyched at seeing Onew-oppa (who wouldn’t be?!) she didn’t even notice who he was with herself. Again, that look on his face is fishy to me. But who knows.

[/Onew on potential park date photo]

 I personally am not sure. There’s a chance. He could be dating. I would be sad if he was. I totally love him and I would b sad if he was. But I’d also be happy. It’s a very complicated emotion for me. The idea of wanting him to be happy but also for me to be happy, you know?

I just hope, if he is dating, SM don’t make him break up. That announcement they made sounds super suspicious and I really hope they don’t force Onew-oppa to do something he doesn’t want to do. Can you imagine if you were dating someone that your parents didn’t like then they forced you to break up? That’s basically how it would be and that would .

ILUAlways
OMG Onew Cant Be Dating Some Girl. He Just Cant. He’s Too Perfect To Date SomePetty Girl.I Bet She Isnt Even Pretty.

StuckOnew
Does it even matter if hes dating?  I wish him all the best, even if he is. I really hope your prediction about SM making them break up (if theyre dating isn’t true). That would be really sad for poor Onew.

Taeminttothemax
Always knew Onew was the risky one. He seems so innocent then bam, he’s the one with the scandal. And everyone predicted it would be Minho XD

Jin1999
nooooooooooo he cant be dating he just cant I wont stand for it I will actually cry

KeyToMyHeart
Good for him if he found someone, he deserves to be happy :D