Crushes

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Two


I’d rather jump off a cliff than join this class. Seriously, should I just commit suicide? It’s so boring! Yoona thought, sighing for the nth time.


“Are you alright? Do you happen to have asthma?” Her classmate, Park Chorong asked her.


“I don’t have asthma, I’m fine. It’s just that Miss Melendez’s class is so breathtakingly… boring.”


“Just like your love life?” Chorong joked.


“My love life’s not boring because… I don’t have such.”


“Hence, it’s boring.”


“How could something become boring if it does not exist in the first place?”


“Whatever! Are you Aristotle’s granddaughter? Stop talking about logic ‘coz I don’t relate.”


Yoona was ready for her answer but it slipped out of her mind when there was a knock on the open door of the room and she caught sight of five male students outside.


“Come in.” Miss Melendez instructed them.


“Good morning, ma’am.” Half of them greeted.


The teacher waved them off in nonchalance and coldly gestured for them to sit on vacant chairs.


“These five students came from Woollim University’s Health Sciences Department. Apparently, these guys have caused trouble and are now shifting to our department, Music and Arts.” The teacher was explaining, but Yoona wasn’t listening.


She saw him striding to his seat while smiling at something his friend told him. He was not so tall, with moderately prominent cheekbones, thin, pink lips, pointed nose, and baby face and skin. It seemed like the world was put into slow motion, and it was only him that she saw clearly; the rest was blurry…


Yoona tried to shake herself. She was overreacting. Slow motion does not happen in real life, does it? And if her vision really got blurry, that was probably because she was starting to feel sleepy.


“Hey, Chorong!” Yoona whispered while staring at Mr. Baby Face, poking at the short girl next to her.


“What?!” Chorong sounded irritated.


“I finally have a love life! I just saw my other half!”


“Other half?”


“Yeah! When I saw him, I fell under his spell. I’m completely bewitched! How can a mortal be this magnificent?” Yoona dreamily said.


“Your figure of speech is amazing, but that’s also how most of our classmates feel about your ‘other half’. Believe me; I didn’t want to be the one to break that to you.”


Alarmed, Yoona swept her gaze across the room and saw most of the girls staring dreamily at her other half.


“Gosh! He’s handsome!”


“And he’s mine!”


“Don’t take my destiny from me!”


Waaaaaaaaah!!! This can’t be! He’s my other half! I should only be the one to feel that way! Yoona screamed in her head. All her life, she had been trying and failing to find her other half and she did not expect their first meeting to end up as disastrous as that one. She should be the only one feeling that way for him, not everyone else in the room. It should have been special!


“He’s cute like a baby!” Still, Yoona sighed, not able to stop herself from praising such a wonderful creature. “He was just so adorable!”


Chorong rolled her eyes at her friend.


“SILENCE!” The teacher finally growled and the whispers cooled down.


Miss Melendez turned to the newcomers. “Introduce yourselves one-by-one.”


The girls in the room squealed as Mr. Baby Face volunteered to speak first. He strode coolly to the front, his hands inside his pockets.


“Annyeong haseyo (hi).” He smiled at everyone. “My name’s Lu Han. Nice meeting you all.”


He gave them a wink after his short introduction. The girls, including Yoona, screamed.


“Oh my goodness!” The teacher was about to faint after witnessing her students’ embarrassing and ridiculous attitude.


Luhan, on the other hand, went back to his seat and tapped his friend’s shoulder. His friend stood up.
The girls, this time with Yoona’s exception, squealed again. It was the University Gominam (beautiful man), Myungsoo Janus, the only son of Sooman University CEO. Yoona knew him well since he had always been famous in the institution not only as the CEO’s son but as one of the most gorgeous guys as well; plus, his cousin, Kris, whom Yoona thought was the most annoying person that ever existed, was unfortunately her classmate and her two half-brothers’ friend.


Myungsoo Janus stood up but Miss Melendez rolled her eyes and raised her palm towards him to stop him.


“What’s the point of introducing yourself? Everybody knows Mr. Janus, right? Take your seat.” She rudely told him.


Myungsoo sat down but not after giving the hateful teacher a satisfying glare.


“Next student!” The teacher ignored him and called out.


Two other students introduced themselves but Yoona was barely listening. She kept herself busy by staring at Luhan.


After the two students were done speaking, the teacher glowered at the last kid who seemed to be hesitating on his seat. Luhan noticed this and gave his friend a nudge strong enough to make the latter stand.


“I’m sorry to disturb your hesitance, your majesty, but we are waiting.” Miss Melendez sarcastically said to him.


The last boy cleared his throat before turning to the class and speaking. As he did, something was going on in Yoona’s head. This student seemed very familiar to her…


“Annyeong haseyo, yoreobeundeul (hi, everyone).” He bowed his long figure half-way before continuing. “My name is Kai Kim and I’m pleased to meet you.”


Kai Kim?! KAI KIM?? AS IN KAI??? MY FIRST LOVE?! Kai’s back in Canada? I thought he’s in Korea?! But what’s he doing in the junior class? He was supposed to be a year younger than me, which makes him a sophomore! Yoona was mentally debating as she watched the tanboy with wide, unblinking eyes.


As if the heavens heard Yoona’s distress, Kai explained: “I’m actually a sophomore transferee from Seoul and though I’ve been here when I was younger, Canada just seems so alien to me. So I asked Myungsoo’s dad, the CEO, to let me join my friend Myungsoo’s classes for today just to help me adapt to the surroundings.”


The students found Kai Kim’s attitude so cute, but not the teacher, whose expression grew darker.


“I may be a lowly teacher here but I think Mr. Myungsoo Janus is taking advantage of his status as the CEO’s only son. These boys were supposed to be expelled from Sooman University; but since Myungsoo was with them, they were simply transferred to another department, which is unfortunately our department. And now, he’s taking a friend to my class without permission. Do you think this is right?” Miss Melendez asked the class for justice.


“It’s alright with us, as long as his friends are handsome.” One girl answered, eyeing Luhan and Kai.
Some students laughed but the teacher was far from impressed.


“Chill out, Miss M. The world’s unfair. We gotta get used to it.” Yoona said, deciding to save the class since she and the teacher were quite close.


“Fine, let’s just get on with our lesson.” Miss Melendez sighed.


Yoona was relieved when the teacher went to the board and continued the discussion. She glanced at Kai’s direction and saw that he was watching her. He recognized her, too, she realized. Kai winked at her before turning back to the front to pretend to listen to the teacher.


Well, the class was still boring for Yoona; but at least she had something to get busy with. And that was to stare at her other half, Luhan, whom many of her classmates still think as their other half, as well.


“After this class, he’ll be mine.” She heard one of the girls say.


“I’m getting his number later!” Another declared.


“When he’s already my boyfriend, you can’t come near. Arasseo (understand?)” A third one chimed in.


Irritated, Yoona berated them. “Ya! Stop talking nonsense! This is Philosophy class, not flirting class.”


“Yoona’s really a joker.” One of them thought she was not serious and even gave her a smile.


Does she think I was joking?! Yoona was about to explode.


“Who are you joking with?! Are we close? I don’t even know your name!” She snapped at the poor girl.


“Err... Chill out, girl!” Chorong calmed Yoona.


“But they’re too noisy! I can’t concentrate!” Yoona pretended.


“Who are you fighting with, Yoon?” Kai turned around from his seat to ask Yoona, even using the nickname he once used to call her.


Yoona’s head abruptly turned to his direction, almost forgetting he was in the room. Luhan, with his extraordinarily handsome features, also turned to look at Yoona. Unconsciously, Yoona and Chorong smiled at him. He ignored both of them, though; instead, he nudged Kai w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter