Detention

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Three

 


Sehun had been right. Lay Nixon was undoubtedly a good catch – rich and good looking. And thanks to Seohyun, Jessica spilled hot coffee over his white uniform and he was shouting like mad at her. It was too much and Jessica was about to burst. She didn’t anymore care if he was handsome or wealthy!


“Stop right there, student! Don’t you see I’m an official in this institution? That means I’m older than you and you must respect me!” Jessica shouted at him.


“I’ve been in this university for many years and I’ve never seen your pretty face before, so I’m assuming you’re a fresh-graduate-amateur-worker and you spend your first day of work ruining students’ uniforms!” Lay shot back.


“I didn’t do it on purpose! It’s not my fault that a conceited kid was so close behind me holding a cup of hot coffee!” She was really losing it.


“Hey, guys. Maybe we could talk about this?” Sehun tried to ease the tension.


“Shut up!” Jessica and Lay snapped at him in unison.


“HYUNG!” A low, resounding roar interrupted the argument.


Two impossibly tall and tremendously handsome guys approached them; the shorter of the tower-like individuals was the one who shouted as if he owned the University.


“Chanyeol, we’re really sorry. Noona didn’t see us behind her and she accidentally bumped into your brother and―” Sehun started explaining.


The taller guy, fair of complexion, golden hair, sharp face like Sehun, sculptured nose, and devilishly handsome, lifted his palm to stop Sehun.


“We already know what happened.” He said, showing his gums as he talked.


“What we didn’t know was that you have a noona.” Chanyeol, whose black hair has a tinge of grey, fair skin, and attractive boyish features, added.


“No, she’s my childhood friend’s cousin.” Sehun answered.


“You mean that cold chic, Jung Seohyun, is your childhood friend?!” The Gums Prince looked baffled.


“How’d you know Seohyun-noona?” Sehun asked them.


“We just know stuffs.” Chanyeol shrugged.


“Are you collecting new gossips again?” Sehun chuckled at him.


“Yes, he is.” The Gums Prince chimed in. “Plus, your childhood friend was the one who told us what happened. She admitted that she purposely made Jessica Jung bump Lay so he would notice her.”


“Wait, what?! You both planned this so you can see me shirtless?!” Lay turned back to Jessica, looking dumbfounded.


“Are you deaf?! He said Seohyun planned it! I was the victim here!” Jessica retorted.


“What is happening here?” Somebody interrupted tense atmosphere.


The viewers stepped aside and let Miss Diaz through. She was the chubby, unmarried, middle-aged Discipline Chairman of the College Department. Jessica smiled and bowed to her.


“Good morning, Miss Diaz.” She greeted.


Seohyun appeared behind her and winked at her cousin as if saying, I’m here to rescue you!


“Hello, Miss Jung. Is there a problem here? I heard you were into an argument with Mr. Lay Nixon.” ― Miss Diaz


“She spilled hot coffee on my uniform!” Lay complained, his voice unusually high.


“It wasn’t intentional.” Jessica said, just as she had been repeating for the past ten minutes.


“Whatever the situation may be, you do know that you need to respect elders, especially officials of the school.” Miss Diaz chastised Lay.


“And who reported this incident to you, Miss Diaz? Was it Jung Seohyun? And you seriously believed everything that she said? Aigoo. Do you want me to talk to my uncle, President Harvey Janus?” Gums Prince warned.


“I am not afraid, Mr. Kris Janus. You can’t use the fact that you are the nephew of the CEO of Sooman University as reasons against detention.” Miss Diaz told Gums Prince, or rather, Kris Janus.


“WHAT?! DETENTION?!” Lay shouted.


“Wait a second, Miss Diaz, there must be some misunderstanding here. This lady―” Kris pointed at Seohyun.


“I told her everything.” Seohyun cut him off. “I told her that I planned it all. That’s why I’m going to detention with you, guys.”


“What?! That’s insane!” Lay scoffed. “I’m the victim here!”


“No, you’re not. You disrespected the Dean’s Assistant!” Miss Diaz informed Lay. “Jung Seohyun-ssi was at fault and Jessica Jung-ssi had nothing to do with it. Seohyun will go to detention for prank and Lay Nixon will go to detention for disrespecting officials; and in that case, Kris Janus is coming with his friend for the same violation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter