Best Friends

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Fifteen


“Myungsoo’s taking Seohyun for dinner?” Sooyoung was surprised.
It was already dismissal in the afternoon and Sooyoung didn’t find Seohyun at their room so she went to the sophomores to ask Chanyeol where Seohyun was.
“That’s what she said when she called me. She said she’s not riding with Lay-hyung and me home because Myungsoo-hyung invited her for dinner.” Chanyeol shrugged.
“This is not good.” Sooyoung shook her head. “Myungsoo had never shown any interest in Seohyun before.”
“He could change his mind.” Chanyeol pointed out.
“He changed his mind right after Seohyun had a fight with his best friend, Park Chorong. Do you think that was merely coincidental?”
“Are you trying to say that Myungsoo-hyung might just be doing this to get revenge? Myungsoo-hyung’s not like that, though.” Chanyeol assured her. “Seohyun-noona had never shown interest in Myungsoo-hyung before. Don’t you think it’s also suspicious when she agreed?”
“What are you trying to say?” – Sooyoung
“What I’m trying to say is that maybe they’ve been secretly having communications.” – Chanyeol
“Do you know where he’s taking her?” Luhan chimed in their conversation.
“Were you eavesdropping?” Chanyeol demanded from him.
“I can’t help overhearing.” He replied. “So, do you know where Myungsoo’s taking Seohyun?”
“Danghyunhaji (of course)! I’m Seo-noona’s brother. She tells me everything.” Chanyeol bragged.
“I would’ve followed them but I need to be home. My grandparents from China will visit us tonight.” Luhan said to himself.
“Why would you follow them?” – Chanyeol
“Just like what Sooyoung-noona was thinking, there’s something suspicious.” He answered. “She’s your sister, Chanyeol. You should make sure she’s fine.”
“But I trust Myungsoo-hyung. You of all people must trust him, too, Luhan-hyung. He’s your best friend!” Chanyeol insisted.
“We all know that Myungsoo’s a decent guy, but he’s still Chorong’s best friend. No one knows how he thinks. Luhan is right. You should follow them.” Sooyoung told Chanyeol.
Chanyeol thought about what Sooyoung and Luhan were saying. They had a point. He couldn’t trust anyone when it comes to his sister. He would not forgive himself if something happens to her, knowing that he hadn’t done anything to protect her.
“Alright, I will do what you suggested, but…” Chanyeol paused and stared at Sooyoung. “Please come with me, noona. I can’t do this alone.”
Luhan chuckled.
Aish! I almost forgot. Luhan-hyung knew my secret… Chanyeol thought, invisibly hitting his head.
Sooyoung couldn’t do anything as Chanyeol, her spoiled baby dongsaeng, dragged her out of the room. Chanyeol could hear Luhan laughing at them as he watched the two go.

 

 


Sooyoung and Chanyeol went back to the Nixon’s manor at around ten in the evening. The whole spy thing had used up all his energy.
From the taxi, Chanyeol saw Sehun and Luhan outside their huge gates.
Luhan? I thought he was at home with his grandparents? Chanyeol wondered.
Chanyeol paid the taxi and he and Sooyoung climbed down.
“Luhan, I thought your grandparents were visiting?” Sooyoung asked as soon as they got down.
“They were tired from their flight and had gone to bed early. I came here when they slept.” Luhan explained.
“And you, Sehun?” Sooyoung turned to the other boy.
“I came to ask Chanyeol about his date with you.” Sehun answered her.
Sehun looked weird when he said that. Chanyeol had suspicions about Sehun having a crush on Sooyoung.
Chanyeol flicked Sehun’s ear.
“Ouch! I was just joking!” Sehun complained, rubbing his ear. “I came here with Jessica-noona. Chen-hyung visited Yoona-noona at their place, so Jessica-noona and I went out of their way.”
“Why would you go here, of all places?” – Chanyeol
“Jessica-noona called Lay-hyung and volunteered to cook dinner here. She said it’s payback for what he gave her earlier this morning. Noona loves corn very much and she got very fond of that meizi… mazi…” Sehun paused to think. “What’s it called again?”
“Maiz con hielo.” Sooyoung told him. “Let’s go in first.”
They all went in and were greeted by the fragrant aroma coming from the kitchen.
“Jessica-noona’s a great cook.” Sehun proudly said.
They gathered in the kitchen as Jessica laid out food on the table. There were three various dishes: chicken curry, chicken barbeque, and Lay’s favorite, fried chicken.
“They’re all chicken.” Chanyeol frowned.
“Don’t you like it?” Jessica asked him.
“I love it.” Lay was the one who answered, his eyes shining in excitement.
“I somehow thought that Lay-hyung would marry a chicken someday. I guess I was wrong.” Chanyeol teased Lay, looking meaningfully at Jessica.
“Neo imma (you brat)!” Lay shouted at his brother.
The kids all laughed and teased the two as they settled down to eat.
“Where are mom and dad? Aren’t they joining us for dinner?” Chanyeol asked Lay.
“Dad had to go to a business trip in South Korea. It was urgent. Mom brought him to the airport.” Lay answered without looking up from his chicken.
“South Korea? Which part?” – Chanyeol
“I heard he’d be touring around South Korea. He won’t just stay in one place.” Lay said, still focused on his chicken.
“Lay and Jessica-noona would act as your mom and dad for now, Chanyeol.” Sooyoung told him.
“You’ll get it from me after I finish my chicken.” Lay warned her.
“What happened to the date?” Luhan asked Sooyoung and Chanyeol, changing the topic.
Everyone, except Lay, looked up from their food at the mention of the date. Lay was more interested with the fried chicken.
“They had a very dramatic date.” Sooyoung exaggerated.
“What exactly happened?” Jessica asked impatiently.
“First, they had dinner. Then they passed by a shopping store near the restaurant and they decided to stop by. Myungsoo-hyung bought a cute, pink teddy bear for Seohyun-noona. Everyone knew that Seohyun Nixon liked cute, pink stuffs, so Myungsoo-hyung garnered one point with that.” Chanyeol narrated.
“And while we were spying, Chanyeol bought this tiny and fluffy keychain. And it was orange. And I was like, why orange? Of all colors, he chose freaking orange!” Sooyoung interrupted.
“That’s supposed to be a secret!” Chanyeol whined.
Sooyoung laughed at him.
“Yeah and what happened after that?” Sehun interrupted them.
Aish! Is he jealous now? Chanyeol asked himself.
“They watched a movie. It was comedy and Sooyoung-noona and I got engrossed with the ending that we hadn’t noticed Myungsoo-hyung and Seo-noona move out. We tried looking for them. Unfortunately, we lost them.” – Chanyeol
There was silence. Sehun and Jessica looked disappointed that they were not able to finish the story. Luhan looked worried. Lay didn’t care. He continued eating fried chicken like a maniac.
“What are we supposed to do now?” Luhan asked.
“Wait for Seohyun before going to our respective homes.” Jessica answered.

 


» » »

 


After eating dinner, Myungsoo and Seohyun decided to walk to the cinema, which was just a few blocks away from the restaurant where they ate.
They passed by a store and Myungsoo decided to stop for a while. Everyone knew that Yoona Nixon likes cute and pink stuffs. Seohyun’s guess was that Myungsoo was trying to win her heart through that. Most guys used that technique.
But, I am not Yoona Nixon. And I hate pink, fluffy stuffs. And Myungsoo doesn’t know that. Seohyun sighed.
“I wished to give you my first gift on our first date.” He told her as he led her to the area of stuffed toys.
You already gave me your first gift, though. Seohyun though, picturing the golden shoes she hid under Yoona’s pink closet.
He took a medium-sized, pink teddy bear from the rack. “I know you have many of thes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter