How It Happened

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Nine


Yoona heard footsteps behind her as she was reading a magazine at their living room. Without looking, she assumed it was Luhan. They were supposed to meet at the Nixon manor so they could help each other with their Spanish homework.
“You’re early.” She greeted as she turned the magazine to the next page.
“Ne, annyeong.” A different voice which she totally recognized answered.
Yoona looked up from the magazine and turned back to Kai.
“Yeogi bweohae (what are you doing here)?” Yoona pouted, upset.
Kai just shrugged and said nothing. He sat beside her on the couch.
“What were you reading?” He casually asked.
“Where’s Luhan?” Yoona asked him.
Knowing that Kai and Luhan were friends, Yoona guessed that something was up.
“Magazines again?! You should read educational books to lessen your stupidity.” Kai avoided her question.
“Is he coming?” Yoona asked again.
“You know, I have a lot of encyclopedias at home. I’ll bring them some other time so you could…” Kai blabbered on.
“Kai.” Yoona caught his attention.
“What?” He asked.
“Where is Luhan?”
“He can’t come tonight.” He finally replied.
“What? That can’t be! What about our homework?”
“You can’t fool me. I know your real purpose was to spend time with Luhan-hyung.”
“That’s none of your business.” She snapped at him. “Tell me where he is.”
“Can’t tell you. It’s none of your business.” He mimicked her.
“Fine. I’m going to find him.” She said as she stood up and began to march away.
Kai followed her and blocked her way out.
“You can’t go. I promised Chanyeol I’ll make you stay put.” Kai shook his head at me.
“Get out of my way.” She tried to push him away but he was stronger.
“You won’t let me out?” She asked.
“No.” He replied.
“Then just tell me where he is and what he’s doing.”
“No.”
Yoona went to the kitchen. Kai followed her. She grabbed a butcher’s knife from the cabinet.
“Bweohae (what are you doing?)” Kai asked, eyeing the knife.
“I’m going to chop my hand off if you won’t tell me anything!”
“Hajima (don’t do it!) I’ll tell you.” Kai cried.
“Palli mare! (Tell me quickly.)” Yoona shouted.
“Luhan-hyung had asked our friends to help him surprise your classmate, Park Chorong. He was planning to confess to her at the park and Chanyeol asked me to go here because he knew that you would be waiting for Luhan-hyung.” Kai explained quickly.
“Maldo andwae… (no way…)” I whispered, dropping the knife which fell on the tiled floor with a clatter.
“Waaaaaaahhh!!!!” Kai screamed. “Ya! You scared me.”
Yoona pushed him away and ran out of the house. She heard Kai screaming from behind, trying to stop her, but she didn’t look back. She would not let anybody take Luhan away.
I have to tell him my real feelings before he decides to throw me away. I have to do something.

 

 

 

 

 

» » »

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo did not know what to do when Luhan asked them to help him court Chorong. Myungsoo could not say ‘no’ because he was a very close friend.
Chorong! Of all people! Why does it have to be the only girl I ever liked? Myungsoo sighed.
He didn’t want anyone to be suspicious; so, he went with the rest of their friends (new friends from the Music and Arts Department, and old friends from the Health Sciences Department) to the park near the school.


When they saw Chorong walking to the park, Luhan quickly hid behind a tree and signaled to Myungsoo. Sitting on one of the benches, Myungsoo carried his guitar on his lap and started strumming the strings to the song “Call You Mine” sung by Wu Yifan of EXO. Kris stood beside him.
“Yeah. All my y people in the place. Follow me. Here we go now.” Kris began the introduction as the rest of their friends began closing in on them.
Chorong stopped on her tracks and stared at Myungsoo. He stared back at her as he played his guitar. Deep in his heart, he really dedicated this song to her.
“Call me now. Call me later. Or call me whenever. Call me friend. Call me lover. Or call me whatever. I’ll call you mine, no ownership implied whatsoever. I’ll call it what it is, a natural blend together.” Kris began rapping. “Them other brothers like to holla forever. I holla now. How it sound to you? When I’m in town, you can get it. If not, you can imagine. Enough with the rap, time for some action.”
After Kris’s part, Myungsoo strummed a few notes, just him and his guitar; and then Luhan emerged in the middle of their friends who had formed a group. He was holding a huge bouquet of roses.
“Can I call you my own, and can I call you my lover? Call you my one and only girl? Can I call you my everything? Call you my baby? You’re the only one who runs my world…” Luhan sang after the short instrumental.
Their little performance ended with a few notes from Myungsoo’s guitar.
Myungsoo watched helplessly as Chorong accepted the flowers from Luhan with a smile. He saw love in her eyes. It was not the same love she showed Myungsoo, her best friend whom she considered her brother. He wanted to tell her he did not see her as a sister. He wanted to tell her that his feelings for her were deeper. But he could not. He did not want her to hate him. He was afraid of the rejection and the possible end of their friendship. And now that Luhan was confessing to her, all the more that he never saw his chance of telling her how he really felt. How could he betray Luhan, his best friend since Kai left?
As Myungsoo was losing the remaining hope in his heart, Yoona came running to the scene. Kai was right on her heels, trying to stop her. The others did not seem to notice her.
“My parents called my wedding arrangement off. Now, I could finally confess to you.” Luhan was telling Chorong. “I’m sorry if it took me this long.”
“Luhan!” Yoona cried.
Everybody turned curious heads to her direction.
“Yoona-noona!” Chanyeol looked worried as he glanced at Kai.
“I tried to stop her but she attempted to chop her hand off so I told her the truth.” Kai explained to Chanyeol.
“Yoona! I’m sorry if Chanyeol and I were a bit late for our homework…” Luhan tried to explain.
“No, Luhan. You don’t understand! I’ve always been here before but you never noticed me. I gave you all my attention. Many guys ran after me but I ignored them. And I was the one who helped you escape from your wedding arrangement!” Yoona yelled.
“But, Yoona, you’re like my sister already.” Luhan tried to explain.
“Sister?! That’s it? What does she have that I don’t?” Yoona pointed at Chorong. “What did you like in her? I’m the pretty one. I’m the popular one. I’m much better than her! She’s not even worth it!”
Myungsoo’s eyes widened and his fists tightened upon hearing Yoona’s words. Why is she trash-talking Chorong? S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter