Officially Cursed

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Chapter Eleven

I’m bewitched. I’m cursed. I’m under a spell. Seohyun could not bring herself to believe it.
“Mianhaeyo (sorry).” Bomi apologized for the nth time once they got back inside Kai’s car.
“The witch does not choose how to break the spell; the bewitched does.” Kai mimicked the grand aunt’s words. “What does that mean? Should you choose to break it with a true love’s kiss, would the curse be undone? Should I just kiss you?” Kai inched closer to Seohyun’s face.
“Kai, I’m not your childhood sweetheart.” Seohyun reminded him.
“Right.” Kai moved away.
“Can I also choose how to break the spell?” Seohyun wondered out loud.
“The spell was for Yoona. Technically, she is the bewitched or cursed one; but since you got unknowingly involved, you get the title, too.” Bomi told her.
“So it’s official, I’m bewitched.”

 

 

 

 

 

» » »

 

 

 

 

 

“SEOHYUN!” Yoona shrieked as she opened the door to their classroom.
All her classmates stared at her, questioning why she was screaming her lungs off.
“Yoona? What’s wrong with you?” Yookyung worriedly approached her.
“Why would you ask that?”
“Because you sound weird?”
“Weird? In what way?”
“Well, you’ve never been this loud before. Are you not taking care of your cold and reserved image?”
“What do you mean cold and reserved? I was never like that!” Yoona protested, but was cut off by someone’s voice.
“Yoona!” It was Seohyun’s voice.
Yoona turned around and saw her friend by the door.
“We need to talk.” Seohyun’s face was blank with seriousness.
“You need to talk but you may not talk because the teacher has arrived.” Miss Melendez pushed Seohyun aside so she could walk through the doorway.
The students hurried to their seats. Seohyun pulled Yoona’s arm and the two sat together at the back of the room.
“Have I gone crazy? My ID card has your family name on it.” Yoona whispered to Seohyun, showing her the ID card.
In response, Seohyun revealed her own ID. Yoona was shocked when she saw Seohyun’s face in it with the name NIXON, SEOHYUN I. written below.
“Oh my gee! What happened?” Yoona gasped.
“We’ve been cursed. Bewitched.” Seohyun murmured.
“Mwo?! Micheosseo?! (What?! Are you crazy?!)” Yoona shrieked.
BANG!
Miss Melendez banged the table with a book.
“Miss Jung! Naga (get out)!” She shouted.
Seohyun instinctively stood and started to walk to the door without complaining.
“Eodigani (where are you going)?” Miss Melendez demanded from her.
“You asked me to get out?” Seohyun pointedly replied.
“I said Miss Jung! Not you!” Miss Melendez hollered at her.
“Oh, baja (oh, right).” Seohyun frowned and walked back to her initial seat.
She pulled Yoona up and whispered. “You’re Miss Jung now, as in JUNG Yoona. Miss Melendez was asking you to get out; not me.”
“Oh…” Yoona nodded and stood to leave.
“In that case, Miss Seohyun Nixon, you get out of the room with your friend.” Miss Melendez told Seohyun when she was about to sit.
Seohyun sighed and followed her out of the room. Yoona spotted Chorong and Luhan, who were sitting together, staring at Seohyun as she left.
Chorong was glaring at Seohyun’s back. Luhan nudged Chorong when he realized that Yoona was watching Chorong. Chorong transferred her gaze to Yoona.
Yoona stuck out her tongue at them. Chorong frowned. Luhan looked shocked.
You must be wondering why the cold Queen of Sarcasm is acting childish, huh? Yoona thought, giggling at Luhan’s and Chorong’s faces. This “curse” could be a bit fun.
“Go to detention.” Miss Melendez sent the two girls away.
Yoona hated detention; but, that wasn’t bothering her.
“Seriously, what is happening?” She asked Seohyun as they walked along the corridor to the detention room.
“I told you, we’ve been cursed. No, let me rephrase that. You’ve been cursed and it is not yet known why I’ve been dragged into it.”
“I don’t understand…”
“Yoona, I still don’t know what you did yesterday. Everybody’s mad at me, thinking I am you. Most of all, whatever you did yesterday, it’s what pushed Bomi into getting a spell for you.”
“Bomi? As in Yoon Bomi? The senior?”
“I don’t know her sur name. I just met her this morning. But yes, she’s a senior.”
“There had been rumors that she came from a family of witches but I didn’t believe it. I don’t think those kinds of stuffs existed.”
“Me neither. But it’s not really important if those stuffs existed. We got a problem at hand.”


They arrived at the Dean’s office to be logged in for detention. Jessica was frowning when she saw them.
“This is your second time in detention, ‘couz.” She shook her head.
Seohyun didn’t answer. Jessica stared at Yoona.
What did I do? Yoona wondered.
Seohyun nudged Yoona in the ribs.
“Ouch!” Yoona complained.
“Your COUSIN’s talking to you, Yoona.” Seohyun told her through gritted teeth.
“Oh! Well, isn’t it cool?” Yoona smiled in reply to Jessica.
Jessica scowled all the more.
“You’re not getting away with this, young lady. I’ll deal with you at home.” Jessica said.
“Yeah, but for now, could you just send us to the detention room?” Seohyun impatiently asked Jessica.
This time, Yoona nudged Seohyun’s ribs.
“Wae (why)?!” She demanded with irritation from her.
“You can’t talk to her like that.” Yoona whispered to her.
“I always talk to her like this. She never complained.” Seohyun whispered back.
“But she thinks you’re me. You’re not her cousin right now. She might take me as disrespectful.”
Jessica cleared , interrupting the murmurs exchanged between the two girls. Seohyun and Yoona looked at her.
“You may proceed to the next room.” Jessica told them.
They bowed to her and went out of the office. A male student brought them to the next room, also known as the Detention Room.
“What happened???” Seohyun and Yoona asked in unison as soon as the student was gone, leaving them alone in the locked room.
“You go first.” Seohyun said.
Yoona sighed and told her what happened at the park, when Luhan confessed to Chorong.
“No wonder Chorong was so mad at me this morning.” Seohyun said as soon as Yoona finished talking.
“Have you felt nauseous last night?” Yoona asked her, remembering how she fainted after seeing the Jung family name on the ID card.
“Yes, I have. Around midnight. I felt weak and people were getting weird. Sehun and I went to the hospital for my check up but nothing was wrong. When I came back to Sehun, he said he went there with you and left me. I asked Jessica-unnie to fetch me instead but she claimed you’re her cousin and not me. Kai found me and brought me to your house, thinking I was you.” Seohyun related the story to her.
“Last midnight, the clerk and the bellboy at the hotel called me Miss Jung. I found the family name on my ID changed to yours. I was already feeling dizzy that time and I wasn’t able to call you because I was too weak.” Yoona told her version.
“The same happened to me. I just let them carry me to your room, although I badly wanted to call you. I felt so sick. And this morning, I saw all your family pictures with my face on it instead of yours.”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter