His First Gift

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Six


The next day, when Jessica and Seohyun went to school, Seohyun was already not acting like herself. Her mind would normally be at ease; but that day, she had been moving in a daze. All she could think of was the night when she and Yoona chitchatted like close friends while drinking their favorite strawberry smoothie… and… and…


…and Myungsoo Janus, apparently.


“What’s happening to me, unnie? I’m not acting like myself. It’s like my mentality’s unstable. I’ve never been bothered by a guy’s attractive looks like this before.” She finally complained to Jessica.


“Don’t worry, Seohyun, you’re becoming human, now.” Jessica patted her cousin’s shoulder as they walked along the corridor on the first floor of the building where the Dean’s office was located.


They passed by a group of boys talking by the hallway. They were laughing. One boy, who had his back to them, stepped back and accidentally bumped Seohyun as she passed. She felt the heel of her right shoe break and she lost balance. The boy who bumped her grabbed her elbow with one hand and caught her by the waist with the other.


Oh, great! My mind’s totally stressed about Myungsoo and my heel broke. This is so frustrating!!! Seohyun’s temper was rising.


“Are you alright?” The boy asked her.


Seohyun looked up at him and, to her surprise, she saw Myungsoo’s face.


Great. Now, I even see his face in someone else’s face. Seohyun thought bitterly.


“Oh, no! Seohyun, your heel broke.” Jessica bent down and picked up her cousin’s broken shoe.


The boy released Seohyun’s waist and helped her stand straighter. He held on to her elbows to support her since she only had one shoe on and it was four inches high.


“I wanna go home.” Seohyun whined, feeling the heat rising to her head. She knew she would be grumpy for the whole day.


“I’m sorry.” The boy spoke again.


Seohyun looked at him for the second time, biting her tongue to keep herself from shouting at him for his carelessness. Her anger was halted when she saw that he still had Myungsoo’s face.


“Myungsoo ya!” Seohyun heard someone calling.


MYUNGSOO?! He’s really Myungsoo? I’m not imagining things? She got nervous and looked to where the voice came from. She saw Kris striding to where they stood.


“Oh, it’s you again!” Kris frowned at Seohyun.


“I can’t attend classes with a broken heel, right?” Seohyun asked Jessica, ignoring Kris.


“No, you should just go home. I’ll get you a taxi since I can’t come home with you. I cannot be late.” ― Jessica


“I’ll get her there, Miss Jessica. It’s my fault anyway. You should go to your office.” Myungsoo told Jessica.


“Or better yet, you should bring her to the mall and buy her shoes. You’ve got a car with you, anyway.” Yoona’s friend, whom Seohyun remembered to be called Kai, told Myungsoo.


“There’s no need for that. I’ll just go home.” Seohyun declined.


“Ooohhh… Where did your scary side go?” Kris taunted her.


I hate this gums kid. Seohyun thought to herself, glaring at the towering boy.


“Could you take care of my cousin, Myungsoo? I really need to go.” Jessica asked Myungsoo.


“I should. It was my fault.” Myungsoo repeated and bowed to her.


Jessica bowed back before saying goodbye and leaving.


Is Jessica-unnie trying to get back at me for what I did with her and Lay Nixon yesterday? WHY DID SHE LEAVE ME?! Seohyun was screaming in her head, frantically trying to think of what she must do.


“I will get you to the gate, Seohyun. I’ll carry you.” Myungsoo stated.


“What? No, wait―” Seohyun tried to protest but he already had motioned to his friends, Luhan and Kai, and the two lifted Seohyun on Myungsoo's back.


“You may put me down. I could walk with my bare feet.” ― Seohyun


Myungsoo didn’t listen. His friends .


“What are you doing, dude?” Kris, on the other hand, demanded.


“I’ll be fine, hyung. Go to your room.” Myungsoo told him as he walked away with Seohyun on his back.


“Ya! Myungsoo-goon! Myungsoo!” Kris kept shouting.


“Why are you so noisy, annoying Gums Prince?” Seohyun heard a familiar voice sarcastically asking Kris.


Seohyun looked over Myungsoo’s biceps which practically covered her vision. She saw Kris scowling down at Yoona. The latter saw Seohyun watching them and she winked at her. Seohyun pouted back as the group disappeared from her sight when she and Myungsoo turned a corner.


Seohyun focused on the people around them and saw students staring at Myungsoo and her. Most of them watched with jealousy, a few with hatred, and some with adoration. Seohyun could feel her heart about to explode. It was an unfamiliar feeling to her.


“Wow, they’re cute.” She heard one student squealing discreetly.


“How sweet!” A second agreed.


“It’s just the second day of school and we already have a Valentine’s couple.” A third joined in.


When they arrived at the parking lot, Myungsoo set Seohyun down on the ground as he pulled his keys out of his pocket. For a second, Seohyun balanced her weight on one [four-inch heeled] foot while she placed her other foot over it, and the next thing she knew, she was already riding inside Myungsoo Janus’s car.


That gums kid, Kris, had a point and it made Seohyun wonder - Where did my scary side go? Something’s wrong with me.


Right at that moment, Seohyun decided to use her snobbish character with Myungsoo, just like how she treated any other stranger. She figured that she might get back to her normal self by that strategy.

 

 

 

 

 

» » »

 

 

 

 

 

It was still too early in the morning and there was already commotion happening among the students on the first floor of the college department. Yoona saw Luhan laughing, so she decided to approach him.


“Good morning, Luhan.” She greeted him with a sweet smile that made boys fall for her.


“Hi, Yoona.” He smiled back.


“What’s happening here?”


“Myungsoo bumped into Jung Seohyun and the heel of one of her shoes broke.”


“Another bumping incident involving a hot guy? Wow!”


“Not only that, Myungsoo’s giving Seohyun a piggy-back ride.” Luhan laughed.


“No wonder people are going crazy.” Yoona nodded, chuckling to herself and mentally congratulating her friend for such an accomplishment.


“Yes, especially Kris. He’s really losing it.” Luhan laughed again.


“Ya! Myungsoo-goon! Myungsoo!” Yoona heard Kris shouting wildly.


“Why are you so noisy, annoying Gums Prince?” Yoona asked Kris as she approached him, remembering to add sarcasm to her tone.


Their classmates and some sophomore boys including Chanyeol, Kai, and Sehun were there. All of them were eager to witness another match of Yoona and Kris, the lioness and the wolf.


“Since when did you show interest in me, Sooman’s prettiest maiden?” Kris scoffed.


“In your dreams.” Yoona gave him her most cynical smile.


“Yeah, in your dreams.” Kris mimicked her in a very irritating tone. “Remember this, Yoona Nixon, I’ll never date you even if you beg me so hard. Even if your brothers are my friends.”


“Good! ‘Coz I’d rather date a puppy, you know.” Yoona shot back and walked away.

 

 

 

 

 

» » »

 

 

 

 

 

“Good! ‘Coz I’d rather date a puppy, you know.” The pretty brat scoffed at Kris and walked away.


Luhan and Kai let out the laugh that they had been trying to stifle. Kris hit their napes with each of his huge palms.


“Ouch! What’s wrong?” Luhan complained.


“If you weren’t Myungsoo’s friends, you would have received more than that.” Kris threatened them.
Luhan pouted. Kai just smirked.


“What’s wrong with Chanyeol’s family? Do they really love puppies that much?” Kris wondered aloud, remembering that Chanyeol always claimed to prefer puppies over women.


He began to walk away from them and to the direction of the gates.


“Hyung! Where are you going?” Kris heard Sehun asking.


“I’m gonna check on Myungsoo.” Kris answered without looking back.


Kris strode coolly along the campus like how a super model catwalks. Both girls and boys checked him out as he passed by them, but Kris ignored them. He was used to such attention. Before long, he arrived at the parking lot and climbed into his car. He immediately checked his reflection on the mirror as soon as he sat on the driver’s seat.


He smiled to his handsome features. Dude! I was cool back there, answering Sehun without looking back or even stopping. Hahahahaha… but, wait… where could I find Myungsoo? Ah!


“At the mall!” He said loudly.


He shook his head at his silly action.


“I look stupid, don’t I?” He asked himself through the mirror. “Oh yes, you do, and you also still look devilishly gorgeous!”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter