A Treat

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Seven


Chen, Seohyun, and Yoona arrived at school early for second period.


“Thanks for the ride, Chen.” Yoona thanked Chen when he walked the two girls to their room.


“No problem. I better go ahead and see the Dean before joining my classes. I hope Miss Jessica could help me with that. Nice meeting you, Seohyun-shi.” Chen said, bowing to Seohyun.


“You, too, Chen-shi.” Seohyun bowed back.


“No need to be formal, you two! You’re friends now.” Yoona laughed at the two’s formality and specifically turned to Chen. “You could call her ‘noona’ from now on, Chen. Seohyun’s my new sister. Soul-sister. We are very much the same in so many things.”


“Of course. I’ll see you both around then, noona-deuri (noonas).” Chen smiled sweetly at the two, showing them his curved lip corner and disappearing from their sight.


“Yoona?” Seohyun spoke after a while.


“Ye?” Yoona replied.


“Do you know where our classmates are? It’s almost time and they’re not yet here. Do you think the first period teacher dismissed them late?”


“I don’t think so. Wait, I’ll call Yookyung.” Yoona said and took out her phone.


As soon as she turned it on, she saw an unread message from Yookyung.


“Yookyung sent me a message.” She informed Seohyun.


Seohyun looked over Yoona’s shoulder and they read the message together.

 


Our second period teacher is sick.

I’m at the canteen with Chorong

and the other girls. ~ Yookyung

 


“I don’t think you wanted to go there, too.” Seohyun grinned.


Yeah~… since Chorong’s there, too. Yoona admitted in her mind.


“You read my mind. But, where else shall we go if not there?” She asked Seohyun.


“I don’t usually go to the canteen during free times.” Seohyun pointed out.


“Seriously?” Yoona asked, finding her answer weird. “Where then?”


“Library.”

 

 

Like all other Korean schools, Sooman University, though established in Canada, had Korean bullies.
While Seohyun and Yoona were searching for books to read (Well, Seohyun was searching for a book to read, while Yoona was more like wandering around to see how the shelves of books look like), Yoona saw Luhan cornered by Shindong and his gang, the ‘super-bullies’ as they were called.


“Wow, Lu. You finished our homework really fast! Now, give it to me and make another one for yourself. You see, I’m not really in the mood to do stupid school papers.” Shindong was telling him.


“I’m also not in the mood to do school works, but I did because I wanted to pass this subject. And now you want me to hand it to you and make another one? I’m not stupid.” Luhan bravely retorted.


“Yes, you are stupid! You are stupid to answer me back like that!” Shindong growled at him, grabbing his collar with his two big hands.


His four friends, Eunhyuk, Kangin, Heechul, and Sungmin started closing in on Luhan.


“Ya! Lazy pig!” Yoona shouted, stopping the bullies who turned to look at her.


“I can’t believe someone so big and fat like you feeds on little student’s works! Why? Are you afraid of bigger ones, you stupid coward! You’re too dumb to make your own school work and pick on guys who are too small for you!” Yoona yelled at Shindong.


“Aish!” Frustrated, Shindong marched away, leaving Yoona, Seohyun and Luhan, his gang following him close behind like underdogs.


“Wow.” Seohyun complimented her friend. “I didn’t know you had that feisty attitude within you…”


Yoona smiled proudly.


“…even when Kris Janus is not around.” Seohyun continued, making Yoona frown. “I don’t think there’s anything special about Kris, but he surely can bring out the lioness in you.”


“What is that supposed to mean?” Yoona demanded.


“Nothing. I’ll just go and read more books. I’ll see you later.” Seohyun said and left the two without looking back.

That girl is something... Luhan thought, amused at how Seohyun friend and still managed to remain cool.


“It’s a good thing you came, Yoona. Shindong doesn’t really pick on girls, so I think I’m safe with you.” Luhan said to Yoona when Seohyun’s figure disappeared from their sight.


“I take it that you’re thanking me?” Yoona joked.


“That’s right. And I think I might treat you later.” He playfully smiled at her.


“A strawberry smoothie would do.” She answered, equally playful.


“A strawberry smoothie it is! At lunch?” He asked.


“Lunch date?” She raised her eyebrows at him.


“Sure.”


The two walked away from the shelves and to the tables together. As they passed by one of the shelves,Yoona saw a strange movement so she looked to its direction. It was Yoon Bomi, a senior and Sooyoung’s classmate since high school. She was known for her quiet and creepy reputation, and her undying (and scary, Yoona could not help but add) feelings for Kris. She was staring at Yoona with her usual creepy expression.


What’s up with her? Yoona thought a little nervously. She was so busy staring back at Bomi that she didn’t see the person in front of her, making her collide with his huge, hard body.


“WWWAAAAHHHH!!!” She screamed and fell backwards.


Luckily, Luhan caught her before she hit the floor. Kris, who apparently was the one who bumped into her, laughed so hard while pointing at her.


“You should’ve seen your face! Waaaaaahhhh!!!” Kris mocked Yoona.


As Luhan helped her stand straighter, Yoona angrily asked Kris. “What are you doing, scaring people in the library?”


“Me? Scaring people? You were the one who scared Shindong! You never fail to amaze me.” He made fun of her.


“What are you doing here? Are you following me?” She shot back at him.


“Following?! Seriously! You should get your feet back on the ground! You’re too delusional.” He rolled his eyes.


“Kris, have you found the book? And why are you too loud? This is the library!” Myungsoo appeared behind Kris.


“I was on my way to the book shelves when this brat here started screaming. I’m gonna get the book now.” Kris told Myungsoo.


He intentionally bumped Yoona again as he passed by Luhan and her, making her smack into Luhan’s body.


“Outta my way!” Kris sneered.


“You’re seriously getting it from me, Kris! Just you wait!” Yoona yelled at his leaving figure.


“Stop screaming!” He turned back to her, wearing a big scowl. “You’re not pretty when you do that.”

 

 

 

 

 

» » »

 

 

 

 

 

LUNCH BREAK!!! Yoona excitedly ran out of the classroom as soon as the bell rang. Sooyoung was waiting for her and Yookyung outside.


“You look so excited.” Sooyoung smiled at her best friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter