The Visit

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter Seventeen


Seohyun searched for Sehun early the next morning at school. She found him at the cafeteria with Luhan and Chanyeol who had gone to school earlier than she had because she overslept.
“Sehun-ah!” She called to him, approaching the three men’s table.
“Noona, do you feel fine, now?” Sehun asked her. “Chanyeol told me you were still sleeping when he left your house.”
Last night, when the ambulance came to bring Yoona to the hospital, Chanyeol did not let Seohyun come along because she felt dizzy all of a sudden. Chanyeol thought it was because of the asthma and Sehun had promised that he will look after Yoona and call Jessica and their moms.
Seohyun’s lungs, as well as her immune system in general, had always been strong, just like herself. She was convinced that her feeling sick was not because of the asthma she did not even have, but because of Yoona. Now that they had been sharing memories, they practically are each other’s other-half. Whatever one felt, the other would have a share of it.
“I’m fine now, thank you.” Seohyun dismissed Sehun’s question and was about to ask about Yoona but Luhan spoke.
“You should have stayed at home for a while. I heard that you had an asthma attack last night.” He told Seohyun, feeling concerned with her health.
“If you don’t want to see me, you should just close your eyes. Never ever tell me to get absent.” She crossly told him.
“Why would I not want to see you? I’m just concerned about your health.” – Luhan
“I don’t need your concern!” Seohyun snapped at him.
Luhan was dumbfounded and he cast his eyes down. Seohyun felt guilty for snapping at him. The boy was only concerned about her. It was rude to get angry with him.
“I’m sorry, Luhan. I didn’t mean to snap at you.” Seohyun said with the most gentle voice she could muster.
“It’s alright. I don’t blame you. I guess I’ll just leave. I’m sorry if I bothered you―” Luhan was saying, still not looking at her, and was about to stand up.
Without thinking, Seohyun grabbed his hand from across the table, stopping him from standing and talking. “No, please stay. You came here first. I’m really sorry, I am just tired, I guess. Maybe you’re right, Luhan. Maybe I shouldn’t have gone to school. I should have just stayed home to rest. Thank you for your concern.”
Seohyun realized that she must get used to people being concerned about her. Yoona was not only a charming girl; she was also fragile. Everyone around her cared about her too much. She was precious to them. She must have gotten used to such attention and this pushed her into acting the way she did toward Chorong. That was why Seohyun never blamed Yoona for what she did. She knew her friend was wrong and she did not want to tolerate such act, but she could not bring herself to blame Yoona. And she did not know why.
On the other hand, Seohyun had always been independent, not used to anyone being concerned about her. She would even brush off her own family if they acted soft towards her. But for that situation, she needed to adapt to people caring about her. She had to adapt to Yoona’s life, just as Yoona was adapting to hers.
Seohyun was snatched out of her reverie when a cold hand grabbed her hands off Luhan’s and pulled her off her seat.
“Hey!” She protested but stopped abruptly when she saw Myungsoo’s dark expression.
“What’s your problem?!” Luhan raised his voice at his best friend as he stood up and grabbed Seohyun’s free hand.
Myungsoo held Seohyun by his left hand and he used his right to remove Luhan’s grip from Seohyun’s wrist.
Chanyeol and Sehun stood up to try to stop Myungsoo and Luhan who looked ready to break each other’s jaw. The two boys threw dark glares at each other. Every eye in the cafeteria watched them.
“You confessed to Chorong who happened to be my close friend, dude. Why are you holding another girl’s hand?” Myungsoo coldly demanded.
“If you don’t remember, dude,” Luhan grimly replied, spitting the word ‘dude’. “I was dumped by your close friend and you don’t care if I hold hands with a girl!” Again, he grabbed Seohyun’s left elbow and pulled her to him.
Myungsoo refused to let go of Seohyun’s right wrist. “For your information, I don’t care if you hold hands with other girls but it just so happens that you’re holding my girl’s hand. And you even called yourself my best friend.”
“Since when did Seohyun become yours? And who said I liked being called your best friend?”
“You were never bullied because of having the privilege of being my best friend and we have gotten over rough times together, so better let go of my girl now while I still acknowledge a little bit of friendship with you.”
“Let everyone bully me, then. I don’t need your friendship. I won’t let you hurt Seohyun.” Luhan refused to let go.
“WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, LET MY SISTER GO!” Chanyeol finally yelled at the two.
Seohyun was brought to her senses by Chanyeol’s loud voice and she quickly retrieved her hands from the two boys’ grips.
“Sehun, before I forget, how is Yoona?” She asked Sehun, trying to ignore the two boys next to her.
“The doctor said she should rest at the hospital for a while. Her lungs were slightly damaged. They found out that she has asthma.”
“I should just keep Yoona company at the hospital and get some rest for myself, as well.”
“Lay-hyung went there after dropping me here, noona. He and Jessica-noona are looking after Yoona.” Chanyeol informed Seohyun. “You should just attend your classes since you’re already here.” He turned to Myungsoo and Luhan. “And you two stay away from my sister!” He warned them.
“What is happening here?! I heard there were people fighting!” Sooyoung marched up to them, long legs swiftly moving straight toward Seohyun, and long arms grabbing the younger girl protectively. She stared at Chanyeol who was glowering at Myungsoo and Luhan. “I just heard you shouting, kiddo. Did you cause this? Are you giving your noona a hard time again?!” She scolded Chanyeol.
Chanyeol’s scary façade instantly faded away as his towering figure seemed to shrink next to Myungsoo’s and Luhan’s.
“I didn’t cause anything, noona!” He explained to Sooyoung. “I was actually mediating these two hyungs’ argument.” He turned to Myungsoo and Luhan and growled. “Tell Sooyoung-noona that it was your fault. You fought over my sister!”
Sooyoung whacked Chanyeol’s arm with the book she was holding. “You don’t solve a problem with your temper, Chanyeol. Let’s get you out of here, Hyun.”

 

 

 

» » »

 

 

 

Yoona squinted her eyes at the blinding light seeping through the open windows of the hospital room. She remembered she was brought there last night

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter