Rude and Ruder

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Chapter Eighteen


Seohyun quietly sat on her seat while waiting for Yoona to arrive. She was reading Pride and Prejudice, a book by Jane Austen, and this act made Yookyung curious.
“Since when did you get fond of reading books? Much more with that boring genre.” Yookyung could not help but ask.
Seohyun looked up from her book and glowered at her classmate. “Say that b-word to describe literature again and I’ll burn you alive!” She threatened.
Yookyung couldn’t be more surprised with how the girl beside her was acting. She had never seen this side of Seohyun for the many years they had been classmates. She was about to point this out when her classmates, especially the girls, began whispering about a new gossip. She decided to leave Seohyun alone with her book and check what was happening.
Seohyun, on the other hand, concentrated on her book, ignoring her classmates buzzing around the room like bees. She was not interested to know about silly gossips going around the campus. However, her ears perked up at the sound of Myungsoo’s voice.
“Kris! Are you in an intimate relationship with Jung Yoona?” Myungsoo demanded from the towering guy who had just arrived in the room, dropped by his buddy, Chanyeol.
“What are you talking about? Of course not!” Kris denied, raising his low voice.
Seohyun kept her head bowed, staring at her book, but she stopped reading.
“You told me before not to show interest in Jung Yoona. You scolded me for carrying her and bringing her to the mall, and now this picture spreads.” Myungsoo was saying.
Now, Seohyun looked up from her book. She stood and marched toward Myungsoo and Kris, grabbing Myungsoo’s phone from him. She stared down at the picture and her eyes widened. It showed Yoona sleeping on a hospital bed and Kris stood over her, his hands touching her chest.
“Who took this?!” Seohyun almost yelled at Myungsoo. So this was what’s keeping the whole class busy. This bull of a picture!
“Apparently, one of the patients with Yoona was a sibling to a Sooman University student. She recognized the CEO’s nephew right away. Way to go, ‘couz! Dad wouldn’t be very happy with this.” Myungsoo smirked.
“We were not doing anything wrong! She was coughing so hard and I was only trying to help her!” Kris futilely defended himself.
“I will sue whoever spread this picture! This is trespassing someone’s privacy!” Seohyun was burning in anger that she could kill someone at that moment.
“Don’t worry, babe. I’ll have Dad do everything to stop this scandal from spreading.” Myungsoo assured Seohyun, snaking his arms around her shoulders.
Seohyun shook his hands off her and snapped. “Don’t babe me! This is no scandal! This is a misunderstanding!”
Luhan swiftly went to where the three stood and blocked Seohyun from Myungsoo. “Yeah, don’t babe her! She’s not your babe!” He angrily snapped at his friend.
“Not now, you two, or you’re getting it from me!” Seohyun shoved Luhan aside and spoke to Myungsoo. “Make sure this image does not spread any further and punish that student who’s behind this. If you don’t, I’ll snap her neck with my bare hands!”
“Seohyun!” Yoona’s voice rang inside the loud room.
The noise instantly died down and every pair of eyes fell down on Yoona. It was the first day she attended school after being confined for a day. Yoona ran to her friend and pulled her by her elbow.
“Seohyun, what are you doing? Why are you shouting at Myungsoo and Luhan? Who are you threatening?” Yoona worriedly asked her friend.
“Let’s get out of here first, Yoona. We need to talk to someone!” Seohyun held hands with her and turned to Myungsoo. “Make sure you do what I told you or I’ll hunt down that dirty creature myself!” She declared and left the room with Yoona.

 

 

» » »

 

 

When Yoona saw her friend threatening the two boys who were fighting over her, she quickly took action. She did not want the two boys to get tired of Seohyun because of her temper. Yoona knew that Seohyun’s temper could be tamed and the charisma hidden within her was worth the fight between the two best friends. Yoona also figured that Seohyun needed someone who will melt the ice wall she had built to shut herself away from love. She needed her other half.
“Seohyun, where are we going?” Yoona asked as she tried to catch up with her pace.
“We need to talk to Yoon Bomi. Something terrible happened.”
“What is it?”
“A picture of you and Kris in the hospital had spread. Do you remember doing anything unnecessary with him?”
Yoona stopped suddenly, her heart beating rapidly. Seohyun also stopped.
“Kris…” Yoona could not seem to talk. “I was uncomfortable and he tried to ease my pain. He was rubbing m-my chest to help me breathe.”
“So, the picture was not photo-shopped.” Seohyun sighed.
“You’ve gotta believe me, Seohyun! We were not doing anything!” Yoona clasped her friend’s hands between her own.
“I believe you, Yoona.” Seohyun squeezed the other girl’s hand. “But now, everyone thinks you have an intimate relationship with Kris.”
“And it’s your reputation I’m destroying. Oh my gee, Seohyun! We need to stop this madness! I’m ruining your peaceful life!”
“Gosh, stop blaming yourself! How many times to I have to tell you that? Believe me, my life had not been as peaceful as you think. Anyway, you did not do anything to ruin my life, Yoona. All of these tragedies are happening because of the curse.”
“And the curse happened because of my rash actions.”
“No, it’s not because of you. It’s because of Bomi and her witch of an aunt! Who says it’s alright to curse people? They’re not gods to punish men! They’re not even cops! So, are you ready to kick some witches’ ?” Seohyun dared.
“Count me in! I’m ready whenever you are!” Yoona excitedly accepted.
“I’m ready as well.” A low, eerie voice said closely behind the two.
“AAAH!” The two girls shrieked together and turned to Yoon Bomi who stared at them with blank, creepy eyes.
“What the hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter