Switched Memories

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Ten


It was around eleven o’clock in the evening when Seohyun went to the hospital. She suddenly felt nauseous and she did not want her housemates to worry, so she asked help from Sehun. It was the perfect time to use his new car.
Seohyun had a general check up and she waited for the results for almost an hour. The doctor said there was nothing wrong with her. Perhaps, she was just tired.
Feeling relieved, though she still felt sick, she went back to the lobby where Sehun sleepily sat, waiting for her.
“Sehun!” Seohyun called as she made her way towards him.
“Seohyun-noona?” He looked surprised to see her.
“The doctors said I’m totally fine. They can’t explain why I felt sick.” She explained right away.
“Jinjja (really)?”
“Ye, geokjeongma (yes, don’t worry).”
“What a coincidence! I came here with Yoona-noona. She was not ill but she felt nauseous, just like you.” He smiled.
“Mworaneun goya (what are you saying)?” Seohyun frowned at the kid.
“I said Yoona-noona had her check-up, too―”
“Is it because I don’t feel well right now? Or are you really not making sense? You came here with me because I didn’t want Shica-unnie or eomma or Aunt Fiona to worry.”
Sehun stared at her for a minute. Seohyun stared back. Then, he laughed.
“What’s funny?” Seohyun impatiently demanded.
“I knew it. You and Yoona-noona are playing a prank on me, right?” He laughed.
“Prank?”
“Noona, I know you look so much like Yoona-noona but you can’t confuse me.”
“What do you mean by confusing you? You came here with me!”
“Seohyun-noona, I know you’re exhausted from what happened earlier at the park…”
Park? I’ve never been at the park today… Seohyun thought. I’ve never been at the park EVER.
“I’ll look for Yoona-noona inside. Bye, noona!” He said and left Seohyun.
What happened to that kid? Seohyun wondered, but she was also too weak to run after him. She decided to call Jessica instead.
Again, she waited for thirty minutes before she came; and the same thing happened. Jessica asked her why she was there. She also claimed that it was Yoona who called her there.
“Unnie, I was the one who called you!” Seohyun insisted weakly. She was becoming dizzier.
“Why would you call me? Why don’t you call Chanyeol and Lay?” Jessica gently asked her, worried about her health.
“Why would I call them?”
“Because they’re your brothers.”
“They are Yoona’s brothers!”
“You’re not making sense, Seohyun. Yoona is my cousin.”
“I am your cousin!”
I am her cousin! What’s happening here? Seohyun wanted to shout but she did not have the energy to do so.
“Seohyun, you should go home. I’ll just look for Yoona and Sehun, and then we’ll send you home. Stay here and wait for me, arasseo (understand)?” Jessica told her and left.
Seohyun was feeling really sick by then. She had no energy to get mad or to protest. Feeling dizzy, she stretched her arms to find something for support.
She found two arms. She looked up at the owner and discovered it was Kai.
Why is this boy here?
“Sehun called me and said you were wandering here.” He told her as if he read her mind.
“But I came here with that kid!” She retorted weakly. “And Jessica-unnie said Yoona was here cousin. I am her cousin! You know that right?”
“Stop it, Seohyun. I’ll take you home; you look pale.” He told her and carried her, bridal style, to his car.
Seohyun did not protest anymore because she was too weak. She let Kai bring her to the Nixon’s manor.
The world has gone crazy. She thought.
Since she was too ill to even walk, she just let them do what they want. Lay opened a room. Chanyeol and Kai carried her in, and she fell asleep on someone else’s bed.

 

 

 

 

 

» » »

 

 

 

 

 

It was fifteen minutes ‘til midnight when Sooyoung and Yoona left the Choi residence. As she promised, Sooyoung brought her best friend to the nearest hotel. Yoona thanked her and watched as she drove away before getting inside the hotel.
As she was checking in at the front desk, she suddenly felt nauseous.
“Could you just type this in? I don’t feel well.” She asked the clerk, handing her school ID.
“Sure, ma’am.” The clerk smiled.
“Mr. Jones,” She called to one of the employees. “Could you Miss Jung to her room? She feels sick.”
Wait… Did she call me Miss JUNG? Yoona asked herself.
She shrugged it off. Maybe she was just hearing things because she felt dizzy.
“No problem.” Mr. Jones obeyed and escorted Yoona to the elevator. “This way, ma’am.”
As soon as Yoona got inside the room, she went straight to the bathroom to take a shower and to clear her head. After dressing for bed, there was a knock at the door.
“I’m here to return your ID, Miss Jung.” There came a male voice.
Yoona used all the energy she had left to open the door and take her ID from him. He left quickly.
She closed the door and went to the bed. Suddenly, she remembered the clerk calling her ‘Miss Jung.’
Didn’t the guy just call me “Miss Jung”, too? She stared at the ID card she was holding. It showed her photo, but the name underneath was changed to JUNG, YOONA S.
What the…
She looked again and her vision went black.

 

 

 

 

 

» » »

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun woke up the next morning feeling better than last night.
Maybe I was just dreaming. She thought as she remembered the incident at the hospital. Smiling to herself, she sat up and looked around.
“WHAT?! THIS CAN’T BE TRUE!!!”
She was not in her room. She was in a better room. Its bed was bigger and fluffier with pink comforter, pillows, and blanket. The walls and the ceiling were also pink. There was a huge poster of Super Junior on one side of the wall and SHINee on the other side. The floor was covered with a pink carpet. The glass windows were covered with pink velvet curtains. And there were two air conditioners.
What is this place? The pink room?
The pictures on the pink divider that held the huge flat screen television and DVD set and the picture frames caught her attention. She climbed down the bed and moved closer to the divider.
They were her pictures.
There was her solo picture.
Her picture with a puppy she did not remember owning. I don’t even like dogs.
Her picture with Chanyeol.
Her picture with Lay, Chanyeol, and a middle-aged couple.
Her toddler picture with an older boy and a baby.
Her elementary self with another young tan-skinned boy who smiled widely at the camera. The boy was obviously not Lay or Chanyeol for the two were very fair-skinned.
“Why am I in these pictures?” Seohyun asked herself.
She slapped her cheeks and felt the clear, stinging pain. “I’m not dreaming.”
She touched the picture that showed the toddler her with an older boy and a baby.
“Are these two boys Lay and Chanyeol?”
“Because they’re your brothers.” She remembered Jessica telling her those words last night.
She took the picture that showed the elementary her with another kid.
“If my guesses are correct, this kid must be Kai Kim. He looks exactly like this boy.”
She put the picture down and stared at the rest of the pic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter