Americano

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Sixteen

Sooyoung called Yoona early morning, asking for a meet-up at the cafeteria. She said she was worried about Seohyun-dating-Myungsoo.
“One cappuccino and a hot chocolate, please.” Yoona told the lady over the counter.
The cappuccino was for herself and the hot chocolate was for Sooyoung. Yoona predicted Sooyoung would wonder how Yoona knew Sooyoung wanted hot chocolate. Yoona planned to say it was just a guess. Everyone knew that Seohyun’s smart anyway.
“Add an Americano to the lady’s order. I’m paying.” A guy said behind Yoona, handing his card to the cashier.
Recognizing the low, y voice and knowing who loved Americano coffee the most, she knew it was Kris. When he visits Lay and Chanyeol at home, their maid need not to ask him what he liked to drink. She would go out and buy an Americano coffee right away.
Yoona looked up at him and thought that his low, y voice matched his wickedly perfect features.
Wait, Yoona Nixon! You can’t be complimenting this jerk! She shook the thoughts away.
“Americano jowa~ (I like Americano)” Kris sang, grinning widely at her, his gums shining.
“Kris Janus buys me a drink. That’s a first.” Yoona commented.
They were mortal enemies. He never showed a kind gesture to her before, and now he bought her a drink.
“Duh! I just met you.” He pointed out.
Oh my gee! I almost got caught. I forgot I’m living Seohyun’s life now.
Wait. Seohyun and Kris were also mortal enemies. – Yoona
“Still, it’s weird that you’d buy me a drink. We’re not even friends. We’re actually considered enemies.” She told him.
“Correction: I bought you two drinks. For whom is the other one?” He asked.
“For Sooyoung-unnie. We’re supposed to meet and talk about Myungsoo and Seohyun… I know you’re here about that, too.”
“They were right. You’re a genius.”
“Yeah. Thanks for the free drinks.”
The lady handed the two their orders.
They sat at a table isolated by people. From there, Yoona could see Lay with Kai and Chen.
Seohyun must be here by now, then. She must be with Chanyeol. Yoona assumed.
As they were waiting for Sooyoung, Yoona sent a message to Seohyun.


Eodisseo (where are you)?

~Yoona


While she waited for Seohyun’s reply, she stared at Kris. He was looking down at his coffee, busy sipping it. For the first time, she noticed that he actually looked cool. He was not a pretty boy type. He was the cool, laid back guy. When his gums showed, he actually looked charming like a young boy, as if she could tell him anything and be assured that he would keep it a secret. Honestly speaking, it would be fine to spend time with him. He was funny and playful like a choding (elementary pupil)…
“I know I’m cool; but stop staring at me. You’re not my type.” Kris broke Yoona’s train of thoughts.
She opened to respond, but her phone beeped so she was not able to continue. She read the message from Seohyun.


I’m on my way to the library.

I saw you at the cafeteria but you were with Kris.

So I thought I would just disturb you, guys. Kekeke.

Kidding. I’ll just borrow a book and join you later.

~ Seohyun


Aish! You’ll pay for that later, Seohyun. Yoona mentally threatened her friend.
“Hey, kids! Having fun?” Sooyoung appeared and teased Kris and Yoona, as she sat with them.
“I ordered hot choco for you, unnie.” – Yoona
“And I paid for it.” Kris added.
“Gomawoyo (thank you).” She smiled at them. “Hey, how did you know I liked hot choco?”
“Yoona was the one who ordered it.” Kris answered.
“I just guessed it. I’m smart. You know that, right?” She shrugged.
“And arrogant.” Kris added.
Yoona glared at him.
“So, about Seohyun and Myungsoo. I don’t like it.” Sooyoung changed the topic.
“I don’t like it, either. But Seohyun does. So, it felt selfish to stop her.” – Yoona
“So that’s why you didn’t do anything about it. I heard you actually supported her. I wondered why you did that while you bragged to be smart.” Kris told her.
“I know you’re also wondering why someone cold and rude, like me, felt selfish about telling her friend not to date a guy she likes.” Yoona sarcastically returned.
“It’s good you know that. You’re really smart.” Kris smirked.
“I thought we’re supposed to talk about Seohyun and Myungsoo.” Sooyoung interrupted the two.
Kris and Yoona stopped bickering.
“As I was saying, it was unusual for Seohyun and Myungsoo to be dating. They never had that connection before. And the fact that Myungsoo and Chorong are best friends made it awkward for Myungsoo to date Seohyun. I mean, after what happened between Seohyun and Chorong. Not that I’m accusing Myungsoo of anything…” Sooyoung trailed off.
“I won’t blame you, noona, if you think that Myungsoo had bad intentions.” Kris seriously told her.
“Seohyun and Chorong fought over Luhan. Now, Seohyun’s acting weird. She suddenly seemed to like Myungsoo a lot and treated Luhan like some kid. She even hit Luhan last night, you know, treating him like how he treated Chanyeol. Before the incident, I remembered Seohyun to treat Luhan sweetly. She even had lunch with him once, along with Chanyeol and me.” – Sooyoung
Seohyun hit Luhan?! I should remember to demand an explanation from her later… Yoona noted mentally.
“Honestly, when Myungsoo met you, Yoona,” Kris seemed to be confessing, eyeing Yoona cautiously. “I actually thought he liked you. I didn’t know why he’s after your friend now.”
Of course you do know why your cousin’s after my friend! Yoona wanted to answer.
“Hey, Yoong, don’t you like Myungsoo, too? Seohyun was too obvious about it. Remember how she followed Kris to the mall, thinking that Kris would disturb your time with Myungsoo together?” Sooyoung asked Yoona.
Now, they’re beginning to get suspicious. Should I just tell them? Tell everybody and fix this mess? Yoona thought.
She leaned toward them. “I guess I need to tell you now. It was not Seohyun who destroyed Luhan and Chorong’s relationship. That was really me. Seohyun and I are under a curse right now. And you, guys interchanged our memories. In other words, Seohyun and I switched lives.”
Will they believe me? Of course. It would all make sense now. Why Seohyun acted like Yoona. And Yoona acted like Seohyun…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter