Confession

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Chapter Nineteen


The juniors’ Physics teacher had some crazy idea about their current topic – Energy and Motion. He gathered the whole junior class at the huge basketball court of the University and announced that they will be playing ball that day.
“This has nothing to do with Physics! We won’t learn anything from this!” Seohyun grumbled.
“Basketball is not for girls! I’ll get dirty and sweaty. Gross!” Yoona whined.
The teacher, Mr. Mills, came up behind the two girls. “Quit complaining and start practicing.”
“But, Mr. Mills, we don’t know how to play basketball!” Yoona complained to him.
Mr. Mills looked around the court. His students had dispersed and were busy warming up. On one side, among the bleachers, Myungsoo, arms crossed over his chest and his expression showing disinterest, stood over his cousin, Kris who was tying his shoe laces as he sat on the bleachers.
“Hey, Janus cousins!” Mr. Mills called to the two boys who jogged to their teacher when he waved his hand to them.
“What is it, Mr. Mills?” Kris asked the teacher.
“These two girls were complaining that basketball is not for girls. I want you to teach them.” – Mr. Mills.
“Sure, Mr. Mills.” Kris smiled and the teacher left to nag at some other students.
“I’ll teach Seohyun!” Kris volunteered at the same time Yoona said, “Kris, you teach Seohyun!”
Seohyun stared at her friend with a questioning look.
“I-I mean… I don’t want to be partnered with this gigantic imbecile!” Yoona insulted Kris so that Seohyun would not think that she was trying to keep her and Myungsoo apart.
“I thought you said it’s not nice to call others silly names. ‘Gigantic imbecile’ is far worse than ‘deer-boy’, Yoona.” – Seohyun
“Well, I’m sorry, Kris.” Yoona hurriedly apologized. “But I really don’t want to be partnered with you. Not after the issue we’ve both been through.”
“Sorry to disappoint both of you,” Myungsoo spoke up, looking at Kris and Yoona, “but you’d have to stand by your ‘intimate relationship’ for today because I’m never giving Seohyun up.” And then, he dragged the willing Seohyun by her wrist away from the two and to one of the basketball rings.
Myungsoo picked up a ball lying on the floor and dribbled it. Seohyun moved a little far away from him and watched, anticipating his sports skill.
“Let’s see. I’ve never played basketball before, but it can’t be that hard, could it?” Myungsoo asked more to himself than to his companion.
He spread his legs apart, knees straight, raised his arms over his head, and aimed for the ring. The ball came soaring through the air but it never made it to the basket. Instead, it hit the board and bounced back on the floor.
Seohyun’s face showed no emotion as Myungsoo stared at her.
“Let me try again.” He said with a grin, not even ashamed of his failure.
He picked up another ball and, with the same position, threw it. Seohyun did not need to be a basketball athlete to know that it was another failure. Before the ball could touch the ring, another ball beat to it and cleanly fell in the basket. Myungsoo’s ball, on the other hand, bounced off the ring and down the floor.
Seohyun and Myungsoo looked toward the direction where the other ball came from and saw Luhan. He was glaring at his best friend.
“You know how to play basketball?” Seohyun asked Luhan as the latter approached them.
Luhan’s doe-eyes, which were usually sparkling and bright, were dark and dangerous at that moment. He was staring straight at Myungsoo when he spoke. “I play basketball well, and if you don’t mind, I can teach you and your partner.”
For a minute or so, the best friends just stared at each other. Luhan was glaring while Myungsoo wore a smug look, enjoying his best friend being pissed to the bones.
Finally, Myungsoo said, “I’m not interested with this sport. Would you be kind to teach Seohyun, dude? I’d rather skip this class and clean the school yard as punishment.”
He walked away and told the teacher his plan. Seohyun, on the other hand followed him, saying, “I have no intention of joining this activity, either.”

 

 

» » »

 

 

“Watch carefully.” Kris instructed Yoona as he positioned himself on the free-throw line of the court.
He stood with his legs a bit apart, knees bending a little, and shoulders straight. He lifted his two arms, holding the ball on his fingers, his hands bent backwards. And then he jumped a little, more like how bunnies hopped. At the same time, he unbent his hand, hauling the ball off his fingers and into the basket. The ball shot inside the ring.
Yoona was amazed at how effortless Kris seemed to play but the shot was neat. She stared at his cool figure, adoring his entire being. He was not only devilishly handsome; he was also athletic.
“Your turn.” Kris told her, handing the ball to her.
Yoona took it and hastily flung it toward the basket. The ball did not even touch the ring or the net.
“What the hell?” Kris raised his voice at her. “You’re not supposed to just fling the ball like that! You were supposed to stand in the right position and jump!”
“Psh! Why are you getting mad? You’re supposed to teach me!” Yoona frowned at him.
“I’m teaching you! But you’re not listening! I told you to watch me carefully.” Kris shot back. “Here, I’ll show you for the second time.”
Again, Kris effortlessly jumped and threw the ball. The ball circled the inner ring once before falling perfectly in the middle.
“Wow!” Yoona mused. “That was cool! Can you dunk, Kris?” She curiously asked, eyes shining, lips smiling an alligator-smile.
What a pretty alligator. Kris thought but quickly shook it away as he grabbed another ball. He ran in curves toward the ring, shot up high in the air, and slam-dunked the ball he was holding. He held one hand on the ring as the ball fell off the net and he landed gracefully on both feet.
“Oh my gee!!! You’re so handsome and cool back there!” Yoona ran to him like a child, hitting his robust biceps with her fists.
Kris stared weirdly at Jung Yoona. He was reminded of his first meeting with her. She had been so cold and tough and she always snapped when she talked. Somehow, he felt as if he was seeing another person. He pushed her off him a bit harshly.
“Ah!” She whimpered while rubbing her shoulder and pouting.
That was the least he expected her to do. He expected her to fight back, maybe kick him in the face. She used to have such frightening aura. Even Chanyeol was initially afraid of her. She also always hit and bullied Sehun, and the younger guy dared not fight back.
Where is the scary Jung Yoona? He wondered as he stared at the pouting girl.
He picked the ball that fell on the floor and threw it to her direction.
“Now, you try.” Kris instructed her.
Yoona sulkily picked up the ball. She planted her feet together on the ground, bent her knees a little, raised her arms a little above her head, and threw the ball in the air. The throw was so weak that the ball only soared upwards and abruptly fell down straight on her head. Kris quickly ran next to her, wrapped his left arm around her, blocked her with his body, and used his free hand to slap the ball away. The ball landed with a thud next to them.
Yoona stared up at Kris who was looking down at her with curious eyes. Their faces were so close and he was panting hard, his cool breath caressing her cheeks. Her heart was beating loudly against her chest. She did not know if it was because of fright when the ball almost hit her or because he was so close to her and she could clearly see how handsome he was, even with perspiration all over his face.
“Could someone be so handsome? And could someone bathing with sweat smell this good?” She whispered before she could think about what she was saying.
Kris leaned down, closer to her face. Yoona closed her eyes waiting and anticipating the feel of his handsome lips on hers. She opened a little to welcome him. And then, she felt his cool breath against her lips, but instead of feeling his softness, she heard him murmur.
“Everyone is watching.” His lips almost touched hers.
Yoona was brought out of reverie as she pushed Kris away from her, her face flushing in embarrassment. Their classmates were indeed staring at both of them.
“Why are your actions so tiny, Jung Yoona?” Kris scolded her, his thick brows meeting in the middle of his gorgeous face. “Spread your legs apart, bend your knees, raise your hands higher, and JUMP! Why are you so girly?”
“Because I’m a girl, duh!” Yoona snapped at him.
“But you’re different from most girls, Jung Yoona. Aren’t you smart and tough? Why are you suddenly soft like a loser?” Kris taunted.
Yoona seemed to remember that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter