Shrimps

Bewitched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Thirteen


It was hard enough for a cold person like Seohyun to pretend to be sweet. It was harder when almost all students hated her because of something she didn’t do.
Apparently, Chorong was the simple, lovely angel of the university. She was nice to everyone. It looked as if Yoona, the prettiest spoiled brat, treated Chorong for granted. In that case, in everyone’s eyes, Seohyun was the bad girl.
How could I be nice when most people think I’m the bad girl? I’m not even nice in the first place! Seohyun complained.
Worst of all, she was guessing that Myungsoo hated her. He was Chorong’s best friend after all.
Her cell phone beeped. She picked it up and read the message.


I’m on my way there.

Wait for me.

Arasseo (got it)?

~ Kai


What will he do here? Seohyun asked herself.
She shook her head and threw the phone on the bed. She went out of Yoona’s pink room and down the stairs to the kitchen where Lay and Chanyeol were.
“Yo, noona.” Chanyeol greeted her.
He was sitting on one of the round stools of the kitchen counter, eating baked macaroni.
“Who baked that?” Seohyun asked him.
She stepped on another round stool, using it as a make-shift ladder, so she could sit on the kitchen counter.
“I ordered it.” Chanyeol answered her question.
“You ordered only one?”
“Ye, but I could ask Kai to order for you. He’s on his way here.”
“No, thanks. By the way, did you invite that kid here? He said he’s coming.”
Kai had been keeping Seohyun company in school. He said he wanted to make an impression of them dating; so, when Yoona and Seohyun went back to normal, it wouldn’t be hard for him to make a move on her. That guy never failed to make Seohyun mad.
“He usually wanders here. I thought you liked it. You said whatever happened between you during elementary school was over.” – Lay
“It’s just that he’s very clingy these past few days.” Seohyun whined.
“Maybe he still likes you.” Chanyeol smiled up at her.
Seohyun hit his head.
“Aah! Ah!” He touched his head.
“Geumanhae (that’s enough).” Lay scolded them.
“Lay! Lay!” Someone was calling.
They heard heavy footsteps coming near.
“Lay-nim?” Kris’s head popped at the doorway of the kitchen.
What’s HE doing here? Are all the people I hate coming? Seohyun grumbled.
“Come in.” Lay told him.
Kris smiled and came in. Someone else followed him in. Seohyun stared in disbelief.
Myungsoo Janus …
“What brings you two here?” Lay asked the two newcomers.
“Myungsoo asked me to go with him.” Kris answered Lay, but he was scowling at Seohyun.
Seohyun defiantly glared back at him.
“Do you need anything, Myungsoo?” Lay asked.
Myungsoo stared at Seohyun with a blank expression.
Oh. My. Gee. He thinks I’m the real Yoona. Seohyun gulped. She had no idea what Myungsoo was up to, but it made her suddenly nervous.
She looked away from his gaze and focused on the stool on her feet, playing with it to distract herself. Myungsoo pulled the stool next to the one she was playing with and sat.
“I came here for your permission, Lay-hyung.” – Myungsoo
“What permission?” – Lay
“You may still change your mind.” Kris told Myungsoo.
Myungsoo chuckled. “I wanted to ask Lay-hyung if I could date Seohyun.”
Seohyun stopped playing with the stool, thinking: He wants to date Seohyun, but that’s not the Seohyun-me. That’s Yoona. Myungsoo likes Yoona.
“Why would you ask only Lay-hyung? I’m also Seo-noona’s brother.” Chanyeol told Myungsoo.
“Why would you ask in the first place?” Lay asked Myungsoo. “That’s up to her.”
“What’s your answer?” Chanyeol asked, looking at Seohyun’s direction.
Seohyun stupidly looked behind her and found no one.
“Are you talking to me?” Seohyun asked him.
“Who else? Myungsoo asked if he could date you? Aish! You must love it.” Kris scowled.
“Me…” Seohyun trailed off.
Since I am now living Yoona’s life in everybody’s eyes, except to Kai, Bomi, and Yoona herself, I must be the one to date Myungsoo.
The stool slipped from Seohyun’s feet. She unconsciously reached for it but ended up falling off the waist-high kitchen counter. Myungsoo tried to grab her. The stool he was sitting on toppled over and he fell over her on the floor.
“Aaaarrrggghhh!” Seohyun shrieked as she felt Myungsoo’s knee press against her ankle.
“Mianhae! Jeongmal mianhae! (Sorry! I’m really sorry!)” Myungsoo blurted out as he stood up.
“Why is nobody helping us?” Myungsoo wondered loudly as he helped Seohyun stand up.
“I was too far.” Kris replied.
“I was guarding other things. You might break something.” Chanyeol reasoned.
“I was observing.” Lay replied as he helped Myungsoo carry Seohyun to a stool.
“OBSERVING?! Well, haven’t you observed that my ankle was broken?!” Seohyun yelled at Lay, losing her temper.
“Aish! Why are you yelling at your oppa?” Lay scolded her.
“I’m losing my temper because my ankle’s broken and nobody cares!” Seohyun shouted.
“YOUR ANKLE’S BROKEN?!” Kai yelled even louder than Seohyun had, entering the kitchen.
He threw his back pack on the floor and ran to her, shoving Myungsoo and Lay (who were beside her) aside with each of his hands.
“Bikyeo (move)!” He instructed them.
“Your over reacting.” Seohyun told him.
“Not that I care about you. I wanted to let them know that I still care for Yoona. Just play along. If it weren’t for Yoona, I wouldn’t even go near you.” Kai whispered, examining her ankle.
“I don’t even want to see you.” She snapped at him in a whisper.
“What are you whispering about?” Chanyeol asked the two.
“Nothing.” Seohyun quickly replied.
“What happened, by the way? How did you break your ankle?” – Kai
“She fell off the kitchen counter.” – Lay
“Fell of the kitchen counter?! Are you that lousy?” – Kai
“She was shocked when Myungsoo-hyung asked her for a date.” Chanyeol informed him.
“MWORAGO?!?” Kai shouted, his eyes getting wider.
Seohyun flinched at his loud voice, feeling as if her eardrums would break.
“Take it easy, Kai. You might fall off the counter.” Kris commented.
He and Lay laughed and exchanged high fives.
“As you can see, Myungsoo-hyung, Seohyun cannot go on a date with a broken ankle from falling off the kitchen counter―” Kai started telling Myungsoo, his childhood best friend.
“She didn’t break her ankle because of the fall.” Chanyeol cut Kai off.
“Then, how―” Kai asked.
“I hit it with my knee.” Myungsoo answered.
“I thought she fell―” Kai said again.
“I tried to save her and fell over her.” Myungsoo admitted.
Kris, Lay, and Chanyeol burst out laughing almost at the same time. Kai glared at Myungsoo. Myungsoo stared back at him with a blank expression.
“AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!” Seohyun shrieked.
Everybody stopped and stared at her.
“My ankle really hurts and you still MANAGE TO LAUGH AT STUPID THINGS!!!” She exploded.
Even though it hurt, she used all her energy to stand. Kai and Chanyeol reached for her to help but she raised her hands at them.
“I don’t need your help. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” She shouted again and limped away from them.
Mrs. Lorraine Nixon, Yoona’s stepmom, met her on her way out of the kitchen.
“Why are you shouting, dear?” She worriedly asked Seohyun.
“I broke my ankle and my brothers are laughing at me.” She complained to her like a little kid.
“Oh, my poor daughter. Let me get the first aid kit.” She gently told her as she helped her sit on the sofa in the living room.
Seohyun just nodded. Yoona is so lucky to have a stepmom like her.

 

 

 

 

 

» » »

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona took out her phone and called Seohyun.
“Wae?” She demanded, answering the call.
Aish. I should get used to her rudeness. Yoona shook her head.
“It’s Saturday. Ask Sooyoung-unnie out.” Yoona told her.
“Wae?” She asked again.
“I wanted to see her; and it’s not like I could just ask her out. So, call her and say you wanted to go shopping and that you’ll bring me along.”
“I don’t like shopping.”
“I like shopping, so just pretend to like it. I really missed Sooyoung-unnie.” Yoona begged.
“I can’t go out today.”
“Why not?”
“I broke my ankle.”
“What? How?”
“Long story. But there’s one thing you need to know.”
“What is it?”
“Myungsoo likes you.” – Seohyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter