Think That We Got More Time (When we're falling behind)

Beautiful Disaster

Chanyeol still cannot recover from yesterday. He couldn't sleep at all. Everything makes sense to him now... He can't blame Baekhyun. Baekhyun was right that they were so young at that time.  He was reckless and impatient that he wanted to spend his forever with Baekhyun that soon.

 

Chanyeol was so naive and selfish.

 

He groans and throws his head back at his own frustration. His talk with Baekhyun yesterday is still ringing in his head. He couldn't focus on his work, and the others are starting to feel worried for him as well.  As much as Mr. Bang wants to ask what's wrong, he just lets the younger president take a break and do the work himself.

 

"So, we just have to remove the scattered rocks here and the logs as well. This would be over in a day." Mr. Bang says to the workers and they all nod in unison.

 

"I will go down to take the truck." Jihoon volunteers and goes back to take the truck while the others stars working with the large rocks first, breaking them into pieces.

 

As everyone gets busy, Mr. Bang looks around and notices Baekhyun sitting silently on one of the big rocks. Mr. Bang sighs as he makes his way to his moody director.

 

"What's the matter?"

 

Baekhyun shakes his head. "N-nothing important, sir. I- I just remembered everything in the past and it s-still hurt just like the first time."

 

Mr. Bang leans closer and rubs his back. But the gesture is futile against his strong sadness. "I know it does hurt but you'll get over it. You will learn from it."

 

Baekhyun nods again and somehow he feels like he's getting tired from hearing the same advice from other people but nothing ever hits him. He still blames everything to himself until now and his heart wouldn't be satisfied until Chanyeol forgives him.

 

His mind is floating again and he almost forgets that Mr. Bang is still beside him. He hears his boss sighing beside him though.

 

"I need to tell you somethin', Baekhyun." Mr. Bang says, resting his palms on his lap. "From day one, I know you're special and kind, everything I like in a person. I don't know if I already said this but... but I feel lucky that you came to my life." The final statement makes Baekhyun finally look at his eyes, but Yongguk keeps them down. "I never met anyone like you before a-and I would be a liar and dumb if I don't say I'm starting to fall for you, Baekhyun," Yongguk admits and finally turns to Baekhyun with a sincere smile.

 

Baekhyun just looks at him in disbelief like he has grown two heads. But he knows how bright his boss's eyes shine.

 

"I think I like you now, Baekhyun and I won't hesitate to date you... I know it's not the right time to ask this but... I'd like to be yours, Baek."

 

Baekhyun lets out a breath. He's not sure if the God's testing him again. He knows he doesn't need anybody right now but Yongguk is just so honest, compassionate, kind and too nice to reject. Baekhyun couldn't take to hurt another person.

 

But what else he can do. He can't just accept a guy's confession when he doesn't even love him back. Plus, he's not the kind who gets in a one-sided relationship. He doesn't want to lie to Yongguk, nor to himself. He had learned so many lessons after all the misfortunes that happened in his life.

 

"I- I..." Baekhyun starts, he begins fumbling nervously again. "I'm so sorry but I don't think I could handle to face another relationship again this time. I still haven't recovered from my past relationship and I don't think dating other guys will make me forget it... so, I'm sorry." He bows his head and clenches his fists in too much shyness.

 

Mr. Bang bites his lower lip and he will admit, he's a bit disappointed and upset on Baekhyun's answer but hell, he can't force the younger to just easily accept him. He's just thankful that Baekhyun didn't push him away or ran from him.

 

"It's okay, Baek. I understand. Just know that I'm always here when you need a hand," he says before wrapping an arm around Baekhyun to embrace him. Baekhyun lets his head rest on the older's shoulder. It's not good as Chanyeol's comfort but it's okay. Fortunately, Yongguk easily understands.

 

 

 

Anger and jealousy both build up in him again after seeing that Baekhyun let Mr. Bang embrace him. Chanyeol clenches his fists in anger. He just returned from the forest and this is what he'd witness?

 

"." he curses lowly and turns around to get back in the camp.

 

The workers greet him as they see him comes back. They are already keeping the tools and fixing their stuffs.

 

"Sir, are you done already?" Jihoon asks.

 

"Did you guys find something there?" the other worker asks.

 

"D-don't worry. Mr. Bang got everything there and I just want to check you guys here if none of you are still running back home," he tries to joke and thankfully some of them laugh.

 

"I just gotta go to the tent, okay?" he says to the workers and the idiots just let him go.

 

He goes inside and let his anger come out by ruffling his hair in frustration.

 

Who the does that ing Yongguk thinks he is?

 

He's seriously hooking up with his own director making him so disgusting than he already was.

 

Chanyeol chuckled bitterly before slamming his hand on a nearby table. Thankfully, there were no sharp things in the table or else he will get cut and injured again. He frowned when his head starting thinking of Baekhyun again's words again. So basically, Baekhyun's brother died that's why he didn't make to say goodbye nor he did make it to come back.

 

Chanyeol understood that at all. He can't blame the brunet for not coming back for some months. But one thought was still bugging him. After seven years, how did Baekhyun managed not to see or find him?

Then his chest suddenly aches in one thought.

 

It was already seven years... yet Baekhyun still didn't come back to him.

 

That's what hit his head like a brick and stabs his heart until it bleeds.

 

If Baekhyun still loved him, he should have come back or apologized somehow to him after his brother's funeral.

 

There's a chance that Baekhyun might had totally forgot him for some years. Chanyeol flinched at his own thought. What if Baekhyun just came back to him after learning Chanyeol's success and building a company.

 

Chanyeol shook his head.

 

Baekhyun isn't a gold digger. I know it... but then time changes and so are people. Baekhyun was not a gold digger before, then what if he is now today?

 

Chanyeol sighs and shakes his head before walking out of the tent. He thinks that this isn't the right time to jump in conclusions. He shouldn't judge his ex or his actions without such evidence.

 

 

He goes back to the mountain after an hour. He went straight to Mr. Bang to apologize for taking him long to come back which the president quickly shrugs and lets go without consequences. "It's okay, Park. We're about to finish checking here anyway."

 

"Do you find something special here? Like gold, carbon, minerals?" Chanyeol asks, folding his arms. Honestly, he doesn't care. He just wants to act like a leader so Yongguk won't lose his respect on him.

 

Mr. Bang shakes his head, still busy with his notepad. "Unfortunately, nothing." then he turns to the other. "See, I gotta go now. Just watch the others here while I check the other side, okay?"

 

He dismisses and leaves the other president who keeps glaring at his back while he walks away with his other people. Chanyeol huffs and unfolds his arms from his chest.

 

"You can't order me around, Bang." he utters under his breath in annoyance before turning around, only to see his ex fidgeting with his shoelaces.

 

Chanyeol frowns, watching the smaller having a small struggle with his shoelace. Chanyeol wonders who gave Baekhyun such an idea to wear converse in a rocky and muddy place like this. Just genuis.

 

Without even realizing, his feet are already walking towads the brunet's direction. He's planning on stopping his ridiculous feet from moving but then Baekhyun already notice his presence. Chanyeol freezes on his position.

 

Surprisingly, Baekhyun flashes a smile and it helps him get his mind back.

 

"Mr. Park. " The brunet greets, just like the way he used to do when they were nineteen.

 

Chanyeol his lip and sighs, creasing his brows. "Why on earth are you wearing shoes like that?"

 

It took some seconds for Baekhyun to answer to that. He lets out a laugh first. "Oh." He looks down on his shoes for a moment before glancing back to the president. "I can't wear other tight shoes just as I can't wear tight clothes like you guys can."

 

Chanyeol lets out a chuckle. "Funny. I thought you like wearing tight jeans back in high school."

 

Chanyeol almost cringed at the memory that he remembered. He's not sure how that just came out from his mouth but he was more eerie on what Baekhyun would say.

 

"Well, that's before Chanyeol. My lifestyle changed plus, it doesn't help my body breathe or function that much if I wear those." Baekhyun explains, pressing his lips in a thin line.

 

The other workers already starts continuing their recent work earlier but the two remain staying and sitting in the big rocks, talking.

 

Good thing that Chanyeol's the president or else, others will mind their dilly dally.

 

"So...." Chanyeol starts, avoiding the other's gaze. "I was shocked about Yoonhyung's death. It's been a long time since the last time I have seen him," he pauses. "I don't have any siblings but I know it losing someone that was so close and always there beside you as you grow up. Plus, Yoonhyung was one of my friends and so... I'm sorry."

 

Baekhyun finally turns to the side and looks up at him with solemned eyes, those eyes that made him fall in love. Chanyeol misses staring at them for like eternity. Baekhyun shows a tiny smile on his face. "It's okay. I already moved on. But I'm grateful that you still don't forget him as your friend. That means a lot to me."

 

Chanyeol meets his gaze again, but then they move lower again. Suddenly his eyes are already directed to other's lips. His heart suddenly begins beating crazy against his chest just like the first time he stared at those pink and small lips.

 

Baekhyun notices the president mindlessly staring right on his lips. He blushes madly, turning away from the taller.

 

But Chanyeol remained staring at him with his brows slightly furrowed like he's examining Baekhyun's face carefully, and he didn't realize it himself. Until Baekhyun let out a small laugh.

 

"I think I should go." Baekhyun says before slipping off the rock but he was surprised when he felt a hand wrapping around his arm.

 

Baekhyun watches as Chanyeol slipped down from the huge rock as well. His face still remained displaying.

 

"Baekhyun."

 

Baekhyun stays staring at him with wide eyes. Chanyeol his lower lip before speaking again.

 

"Do you- Did you love any other men besides me?"

 

"Wha-" Baekhyun flinches at the sudden and blunt question from the giant. Seriously, Chanyeol never fails to surprise him in such times.

 

"Did you?"

 

"What are you-"

 

Chanyeol shouts...”Please, I need to know!"

 

Baekhyun frowned, but he never mind the tightness of the giant's hold around his wrist. "I thought I already told you that. Believe it or not, Chanyeol you're the only guy in my life that I used to love."

 

"Then why on Earth did you never come back to me?! Even after Yoonhyung's death, you didn't even bother to come back or give me hint or something. Why?!"

 

"Chanyeol-" Baekhyun stops because he's lacked of words to answer his ex. The only thing he remembered was he was so confused and depressed at that time and he didn't have much guts to face the giant nor he have any reason to face him again from so much shame.

 

"I- I can't answer you right now. I'm sorry Chanyeol." Baekhyun avoids his eyes and pulls his arm away from his ex.

 

"I understand," Chanyeol says lightly instead. Baekhyun thought he's going to holler at him again but Chanyeol demands something again that he didn't expect at all.

 

"Just kiss me then."

 

Baekhyun froze for a moment with wide eyes. He slowly raises his head to look at the taller. He gulps when he saw Chanyeol was indeed serious and not bluffing.

 

"Come on, do it." the president asks, losing patience.

 

Baekhyun starts to blush furiously. "Are you out of your mind? There are people around-"

 

"Like hell I care."Chanyeol almost shouted. He tightens his grip on Baekhyun's arm. "Why can't you just prove to me that you mean what you said? You said you love me, right? Then show me."

 

Baekhyun opens his mouth but nothing came out. Kissing his ex is the last thing in his mind at the moment. He is so confused and getting irritated at his command. He remains gaping for like minutes until Chanyeol lets out a heavy breath.

 

"See? You're actually lying. You can't simply do what I am asking you. You're a liar, Byun."

 

"But-"

 

"Forget it." The taller snaps before walking away, bumping with Baekhyun's shoulder.

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, his eyes drifted onto a grey bag. He thinks it's familiar so he walks towards the table and takes the bag and examines it uncertainly. Then he finds the tag and Baekhyun's name imprinted on it.

 

A smirk forms on his face. Without hesitating, he opens the zipper to look inside the bag for stuffs. He doesn't know why but he just wants to check Baekhyun's stuffs. He sees some devices, clothes, other stuffs and a small box. Chanyeol raises a brow as he draws the small box from the bag. He examines the little thing first before opening it.

 

He didn't expect what he would see inside but everything turned black once he saw the thing inside the box.

 

The ring he saw in a store while walking home seven years ago.

 

The ring he badly wanted to buy and took him months to afford it.

 

The ring he bought seven years ago and used to propose to Baek...

 

The ring he dropped on the warm floor of the rooftop seven years ago.

 

The ring he can just buy hundreds of it now.

 

That ring is on his hand, still looking new and shiny like seven years didn't pass. Chanyeol remained staring down at the object on his hand, the last thing Chanyeol wanted to see. Before he wonder how Baekhyun got this, anger quickly flooded his mind from remembering that terrible past where he was rejected at the roof of the school building.

 

Chanyeol grits his teeth as his palm clenches around the ring. He hurriedly runs out of the tent as fast as he can. Some workers see him as he walks fast like a mad man.

 

"Sir, where are you going?" Youngjae asks, following the president.

 

Chanyeol ignores him as he continues to walk angrily until he reaches the lake. Without thinking, he throws the ring into the lake with a splash. Youngjae widens as his eyes, witnessing what Chanyeol just have done. He didn't exactly saw the thing what his boss just threw in the lake but it was glimmering and he knows it looks like some silver or jewelry.

 

Chanyeol's chest is still heaving up and down and the small box is still in his other hand. He stares at it before dropping it on the ground carelessly like he did to the ring seven years ago.

 

Youngjae quickly approached his boss. "Sir, are you alright?”

 

Chanyeol shakes his head angrily before walking pass the other, bumping with his shoulder in annoyance. Youngjae remained looking at the lake for a minute before deciding to go back.

 

 

~°~°~°~FLASHBACK~°~°~°~

 

 

So, where are we?"

 

"Shh. Just be quiet. We're almost there." Chanyeol whispered near his ear. Baekhyun giggled at the hot breath caressing his neck.

 

Three more steps, Chanyeol stopped walking and so was Baekhyun. He slowly removed his hands from covering the smaller's eyes to show him the surprise.

 

Baekhyun's eyes illuminated the surrounding with the powerful lights hanging on the trees. His eyes scanned the surrounding and he quickly noticed the dinner table and the pavilion in the center. Everything at that night was shining and colorful.

 

Baekhyun turned to the giant at his back. "You prepared all of this?"

 

Chanyeol showed a sheepish smile and heaved his shoulders. "Yeah. You like it?" he asked a bit nervous.

 

Baekhyun beamed a small smile. "I do! In fact, I love it."

 

Chanyeol held his hand as he led him to the big, luminous pavilion. Baekhyun smiled as he smelt the warm food.

 

 

 

"Don't tell me you cook these too." he said before sitting down.

 

"Kyungsoo," he answered. "And um.... I helped a bit?"

 

Baekhyun nodded as he inhaled the scent of the rose on the small vase. "Everything is so cheesy and sweet  here, I will definitely add this to my diary." he commented which Chanyeol just smiled at. Sure he will add this moment too to his treasure chest.. and that is in his heart.

 

They started eating and they also talked about their past unforgettable memories together. Some were happy, funny, and also fun but they will remain unforgettable in both of their hearts.

 

Once they finished every food and the wine, Chanyeol had start working his planned speech.

 

"So, Baek." he started, a little bit drunk from the wine. "You should know why you're here, right?"

 

Baekhyun giggled softly."Um" he bit his lower lip. "Tell me," he said almost seductively.

 

Chanyeol's face turned serious and he's no longer smiling. "We're already both seventeen... and I think it's the right time to try dating don't you think?"

 

Baekhyun blushed. "Hmm. I guess."

 

"So-" Chanyeol looked at him straightly and serious. "Will you consider me your first boyfriend now? Just like what you promised five years ago?"

 

Baekhyun paused for like a minute. This is the moment he was waiting for and he's so overwhelmed it's already happening.

 

"Definitely... yes."