PROLOGUE: Nightmare

Beautiful Disaster

 

 

The CEO slammed the papers angrily on the table. "I thought I already told you we're not hiring that guy."

 

"But you see he's capable of doing that job well. It's our lost if we would just let him go that easy." the Chinese secretary leaned forward. "Byun Baekhyun is the most wanted director right now."

 

Chanyeol sighed and let out a breath. "I'm the boss and if I said what I want, it's final. I don't care if he's the most wanted guy or whatever. Just throw him away, I don't care."

 

"Why don't you like him that much? You sorta hate that guy a lot... unless." Lay eyes widen in realization. "Unless you know him."

 

Chanyeol made a face. "Start working and dispose that midget before I fire you."

 

"Okay, sir." Lay sighed and quickly left the room.

 

The Chinese boy came back to the waiting room with an obvious sad face on his face. Byun stood up expectantly once he saw his friend walking towards him.

 

"So?" Baekhyun asked with a raised brow.

 

Lay sighed before speaking. "I regret to say this but my boss doesn't like you without reasons. He's not hiring you. I'm sorry Baek."

 

Baekhyun nodded. "It's okay. I half expected it anyway. Plus, it is his lost." Baekhyun mocked, grimacing, earning a laugh from the other.

 

"Do you know my boss? Specifically, Park Chanyeol?" Lay asked.

 

Baekhyun smiled. "Um. Sort of. The guy has some bad nerves on me and I think he still doesn't move on until now." He added with a chuckle. "Well, I have to go now. Thank you for your time, Lay. I'd like to spend time with you more but your arrogant boss wouldn’t like that, would he?"

 

"You're right. Funny that you're dissing him behind his back in his own building." Lay commented.

 

"I know right. Thanks again, see you later, 'kay?" Baekhyun giggled and kissed him in the cheeks.

 

"Goodbye. Take care." Lay said and waved a hand.

 

 

=°=°=

 

 

Chanyeol hates Byun Baekhyun so much. Every inch of him like some sort of insect that Chanyeol would like to stomp and crush with his foot. Like he's the last person he wanted to see in the world. Never had he thought that he would be seeing nor meeting the midget again after what he had done to the giant. Yes, Baekhyun did something in the past that Chanyeol wanted to forget the most no matter how much he tried but still fails.

 

Basically, it was Chanyeol's own fault too why he was hurt. If he didn't have created affection to the ing player prick, he wouldn't get hurt or make a shame of himself. The only thing he's great about that incident was that he used this as his motive to be successful and rich.

 

He used to believe that success is the best revenge and he wanted to slap that to Baekhyun's once he thought, 'pretty' face for the fact that he's so powerful now. He could do every damn thing he ever wants. Hell, he could hire a hitman to find and dispose the midget but that was the last thing in Chanyeol's mind. His mother would probably kill him and plus, he liked to see Baekhyun suffer more before he dies.

 

Chanyeol grunted as he stood up from his presidential chair. He guessed that was enough from thinking the guy he hated the most. He went to the window looked down on the road.

 

"Why am I thinking of him anyway?" he asked himself and closed his eyes. Then he rubbed his temple before he begin to get stressed again just by the spawn of Satan.

 

"I'm never going to see you anyway. I hope you're happy with your life currently, Baek," he said before stepping away from the glass window.

 

 

 

=°=°=

 

Little did he know, he's totally right that Baekhyun is happy in his current life. Despite the brunet struggled a lot from the past but he still moved forward. Now Baekhyun had a better apartment and fine job. Not as successful as his ex but he was happy and content with what he have.

 

Chanyeol always thought Baekhyun's already suffering from poorness and being jobless thinking no one would hire that prick with his y attitude.

 

But Chanyeol was dead wrong. Baekhyun was a successful director of a high and popular company of jewelry and once the manager of a touring company. He started from being a secretary until he got promoted and promoted until he reached this high.

 

Everything he has was fine, he's fine with his job and life until he saw Park Chanyeol's name on the papers. That's when Baekhyun's world flipped. He needed to find the guy as soon as possible.

 

If there's something Baekhyun ever regretted in his life, there was one thing. He rejected and dumped the innocent and poor nerd in front of many students in high school.

 

After that, many unfortunate things happened in Baekhyun's life. Three of them were the worst.

 

Baekhyun still remember how the nerd proposed to him that he used to love so much (maybe till now) in front of many students. Practically, he broadcasted in the whole school his love to Baekhyun. He was shocked at that time, so was his friends. Never thought Chanyeol could pull a brave act like that. Even how much ridiculous and shameful it looked, Baekhyun still found it sweet. Also, never in his wildest dreams he thought someone would want to marry him. But then he rejected him.

 

And Baekhyun knew he was so stupid at that time. He started to hate himself so much up to the present.

 

That's why what he needs to do now is to find the guy, apologize to him and most importantly, explain why he reject him in the first place. Tell him that it was never his intention to hurt him. Tell Chanyeol that he's not a player and he only loved one person in his life... before it's all too late.

 

In fact, Baekhyun kept a thing that only reminds him of the silly and cute nerd. The ring Chanyeol placed around his finger before he dumped him.

 

"Baek, are you coming or what?" Kyungsoo shouted across the room, cutting the brunet from his thoughts.

 

Baekhyun sighed and put the ring back on the box before answering. "I'm coming."

 

Kyungsoo's head appeared in the door frame. "Forget that stupid nerd guy and get a life."

 

"How am I supposed to do that?" Baekhyun countered sarcastically.

 

Kyungsoo stared at him as he walks. "If he wouldn't hire you then apply instead in the Sogyeu Company."

 

"That is Chanyeol's rival company." Baekhyun stated skeptically, implying Kyungsoo already know that fact.

 

"Exactly. Piss him off and shove it on his face that you can do whatever you want. Seriously, no one will ever reject you, Baek... perhaps, besides Chanyeol if you know what I mean."

 

"Then he will get mad of me more." Baekhyun grunted.

 

"Wouldn't it be more fun?"

 

 

=°=°=FLASHBACK=°=°=

 

Chanyeol was busy looking for a book when he noticed the cute boy from earlier. He immediately hides from one of the shelves to take a peek of the boy. He's so cute. Chanyeol never thought that he would be so smitten like this to the said boy which he still doesn't know the name.

 

He was busy staring at the beautiful creature when he didn't notice the book on the small boy's hand.

 

Chanyeol's eyes widen in realization. It was the book h was looking for and he needs to have it for it was only limited. He closed his eyes and leaned his back on the shelf.

 

"God, I want to have that book but the little angel already have it!" he sighed. Then he heard a groan coming from behind. He turned around again and saw the cute boy frowning.

 

He heard the boy murmuring something vividly. "Man, I forgot my pocket again!" he cursed. "My house is so far from this store."

 

Chanyeol nibbled his bottom lip and sighed. He stepped in and starts approaching the boy.

 

"Hey." Chanyeol greeted with a wave of hand.

 

The brunet's eyes widen. "Oh, hey. You're the boy from the park! Fancy seeing you here."

 

"Yeah. I kinda leave near here and I thought you're new here."

 

The boy nodded. "Yes, but my house is a little far from this store, sadly... and God, I forgot my pocket. I'm stupid, how can I be able to buy this book!" Baekhyun laughed and Chanyeol laughed as well because he just can't control his lips forming a smile from hearing the boy's laugh.

 

"Well, I can lend you money if you like."

 

"You're not kidding?" Baekhyun asked with a furrowed brow. Chanyeol quickly nodded and it surprised himself.

 

"Well yeah." he switched his gaze around. "You seem to need a help."

 

"Why, thank you." Baekhyun happily chirped. "You're so kind. You don't know me but you're helping me out."

 

Chanyeol smiled and chuckled. "Well, you don't know me as well but you accepted my offer." he countered and they both laughed.

 

"My name's Baekhyun." then the boy reached a hand. "Now you know my name." he said with a grin and Chanyeol's heart skipped a bit as their hands touched.

 

"Chanyeol. My name's Park Chanyeol." Then they shook hands.