Closer, maybe we'll be closer

Beautiful Disaster

 

Chanyeol stands still in front of the brunet's tent. He knew Baekhyun might still be upset to him from throwing the most important thing to him. But Chanyeol would do everything just to be forgiven... and so they can start again.

 

The adrenaline rushing inside him boiled even more as he slips inside the tent. But surprisingly, no one welcomes him but a crumbled and messy blanket and matress. Baekhyun is nowhere inside the tent.

 

He quickly leaves the tent and searches for the brunet himself without the help of his oblivious construction workers. Instinctly, he goes back to the brunet's tent and instantly, he sees a note right on the pillow.

 

I'm in the lake.

 

Chanyeol wastes no time to get in the blasted lake. He runs quickly as he can to the lake. The same lake where he threw the precious ring and endangered Baekhyun's life with it.

 

But it's also the same lake where they will might reconcile again.

 

 

The water was so clear and peaceful for Baekhyun's liking. He just wants to be here to clear his mind with the silent sound of the lake and wooshing leaves of the trees.

He closes his eyes to embrace the cool breeze but it doesn't last long when someone interfered him from his meditating brain. That's when he heard a snap from the leaves on the ground someone stepping on them.

 

He jerks his head around to see the intruder and his throat goes dry seeing his ex standing before him in a five feet distance.

 

"Chanye--"

 

"What came up to you just to go in this ing lake you almost died at." Chanyeol mutters under his breath, trying to catch his breath. But seeing Baekhyun standing there with no pain in his eyes, it almost makes him cry. "Seriously, after what happened you still can step a foot on here?"

 

"I see no reason why you're wasting time talking to me right now. Why?"

 

With that tone, Chanyeol starts to doubt his assumption Baekhyun's not mad at him. He couldn't blame that's why he's here to say sorry. But before he apologize, he wants to make sure if Baekhyun's okay. So instead of answering the question, he continue to ask him in worry.

 

"Do you feel well? You should still rest." Baekhyun remains looking at him with blank face. "Before you thank me for saving you, do me a favor and come back with me to the camp and take a rest, okay?"

 

"I won't thank you since I didn't ask you to save me." says Baekhyun, his voice still sounded tired. "It's useless anyway-" He pauses, heaving his shoulders. "I can just easily die in the water like you wanted."

 

The statement makes the president frown. He takes steps foreward. "I never said I wanted you dead. Yes, I hated you but that's far from my intensions to get my revenge on you. I would have let you drown if I wanted that to happen, you know."

 

"But if it would help you to move on and make you feel well, why not? When I'm gone your heart will mend again, right?"

 

There's a pregnant pause between the two. The taller remains silent with  furrowed brows. He waits for some seconds before speaking again. "I never wanted anybody on this mountain to die."

 

"Yeah, because it will stain your damn ima-"

 

"Especially you." he cuts off, making the brunet stop and flinch. "Listen. I won't ever let you die or go especially that we still haven't sort things between us. . . So I'm here to give us a chance to talk about it again, understand?"

 

Baekhyun breaks in a small laugh, making the other think the idea is wrong. "It doesn't make any sense.. I thought you already made up your mind that you'll never forgive me. Hell, you even threw the ring on the lake from so much hatred. You made it clear that I'm a plague in your life so now you're standing in front of me, asking for another talk?"

 

Baekhyun continues his rant when the taller is still silent. "What? Just because I almost drowned in the water making you change your mind and feel guilty-"

 

"No-"

 

"Then what?!" he cries frustratedly. Chanyeol flinches. "I'm already tired, Chanyeol. I- I tried everything just so you can forgive me... But now I had enough... I'm out of ways and ideas to explain myself... I f-feel like I just want to die... I want to rest in peace like my family waiting for me."

 

"Don't say that."

 

Tears began to fall from the brunet's eyes but it didn't stop him to hold his walls. "I think you'd just be better off without me. Yeah. How much did I try, seriously? But still you wouldn't forgive me and I understand it and I get it. So just leave me alone and-"

 

Stepping forward, the giant took his shoulders with his grasp. "Stop! Don't make me sound like I'm the bad guy here."

 

"I don-"

 

The hold against the brunet's smaller figure only tightened. "Yeah, you hurt me so bad but you should have might as well told me you struggled so much after we seperated. Doojoon had to slap it on my face instead of you, making me look like a fool and heartlless . Why? Why didn't you tell me?" he asks in a hoarse tone, almost pleading.

 

"I only knew from you that Yoonhyung died but you didn't tell me the whole story! You let me think in the world that you never came back to me and  didn't make a ing effort to find me. All this time, I was fooling myself that you just cheated on me with some random guy after rejecting my proposal on that goddamn rooftop... You never told about those parts that you struggled to job and pay a rent. Your mother's accident.. your drunk father's rehab and death." he sighs.  "For God's sake, you don't deserve any of those misfortunes and hell you didn't need to blame yourself why those happened to you. Seriously, you suffered more than I did. I should have forgave you quickly and sorted out everything. I will never forgive myself if something bad really happened to you again."

 

"You just didn't trust me, that's what was wrong with you." Baekhyun chuckles bitterly. "So, I have to say those things before you completely forgive me? Do I have to feel your sympathy and guilt before you forgive me?"

 

Chanyeol pauses and damn it, he doesn't know what to respond because hell, the brunet is somehow right. He had to know every details before it hit him on the head.

 

Chanyeol clenches his fist as he remains silent and head bowed.

 

"Right?" Baekhyun says, furrowing his brows while his voice was starting to break. "I understand, Chanyeol. You don't need to explain. It's clear that you feel sorry for me and thank you for that consideration."

 

"N-no.. Baek." Chanyeol pauses. "I'm sorry. I- I really am. Please-"

 

He tries to approach Baekhyun but the latter takes some steps backward. Clearly, Baekhyun doesn't want him any closer.

 

"It's too late, Chanyeol." The smaller breathes out. Chanyeol stares at him blankly. "Just leave me alone, okay? Y-you should better move on as we-"

 

Baekhyun stops when he suddenly feels Chanyeol's chest against his cheek. The giants's arms wrap around him securedly. Baekhyun remains stunned with wide eyes that he cannot even budge or pull back, letting his ex hug him tightly.

 

One of Chanyeol's hands found it's way to Baekhyun's head and hold it while his chin rested over the brunet's hair. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, Baek. I'm sorry."Chanyeol repeated whisperly before kissing the smaller's head.

 

"I don't ever want to move on and forget the very first person I loved. How am I supposed to do that Baek when twenty -four/seven, you're inside my heart and brain? You know,  I tried to get rid of you out of my head multiple times but I always fail in the end.. Thank god my heart didn't forget you... and I don't regret listening to it." the hold on the smaller became more tighter, afraid to let go of Baekhyun like his life depends on him. ", I wouldn't know what anymore if you actually died... I might jump in the water as well if that happens." Chanyeol whispers with utter guilt.

 

"Yeol..."

 

"I loved you Baekhyun I still do up to this day." Chanyeol confesses. He almost missed the sob that came out from the smaller. "I forgive you with all my heart, Baek, I swear... a-and I'm so sorry if it took so long for me to realize it... I'm so ing stupid, I know. But I don't want to lose you again."

 

Another tear escapes from Baekhyun's eyes upon hearing his ex's words but not from the pain anymore, instead from the growing joy in his chest.

 

Chanyeol finally releases the smaller and pulls back but his hands remained on Baekhyun's waists. He finally meets Baekhyun's eyes and he is so happy enough to see no rejection or anger on the brunet's eyes.

 

"You're the only one that I ever loved and I wish I will forever." Then he cups Baekhyun's face with his both hands. "I love you Byun Baekhyun and please, give me a chance again... It's my turn to set things right between us... this time, I'll do everything I can to get us back together. Please, give me a chance."

 

Baskhyun doesn't make it to respond when he merely cries in front of the taller. Chanyeol quickly wipes his tears with the pad of his thumbs before hugging Baekhyun again.

 

 

 

-

"I'm not a baby!"

 

"Please Baek, just open your mouth. You need to eat to regain your energy."

 

"I can eat by myself.."

 

"No. I'm here and I'm gonna feed you because I want to so please, just ah." Chanyeol commands like the boss he is.

 

Baekhyun hasn't have any choice anyway. With a silent glare, he obeys and takes the spoon to his mouth. Chanyeol smiles and chuckles lightly.

 

"Good, baby."

 

"Baby?" Baekhyun shrieks at the petname. He almost choke with the soup in his throat. He swallows first before snapping again. "Since when did I gave you permission to call me that?"

 

"What? I missed calling you baby.." Chanyeol shrugs, feeding him another soup.

 

"But remember we're still not okay."

 

"No talking while eating. But you're right, we're still not in good terms... But that doesn't mean I will not do things that I like to do to you. Hell, I can steal a kiss from you anytime I want now."

 

Baekhyun blushes at the last statement. "Yah. You really don't want to be forgiven, don't you?"

 

Chanyeol just laughs again and pinches his cheek. "Just eat well, baby."

 

Baekhyun is about to refute again but Chanyeol shushes him with a finger against his lips.

 

"Did I give you permission to talk?"

 

"Yah! Who do you think you are?"

 

"Your boss." Chanyeol practically answers.

 

"You ain't my boss. It's Mr. Bang!" Baekhyun scoffs but little does he know, he only makes the other more amused to him.

 

Chanyeol laughs at his cuteness. He can spend his time with Baekhyun all day. He can trade anything in the world just to get them back together just like in the past.

 

He didn't realize he's already deep in his thought when he just sees Baekhyun has already stood up from and gone in the bed.

 

"Hey, where do you think you're going, midget?" Chanyeol demands, feigning seriousness.

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes as he turned to him. "It's weird to me how suddenly you changed towards me. And it irritates me, Park."

 

Chanyeol playfully scowls. "Baek-"

 

He grabs Baekhyun's wrist to prevent him from going anywhere but accidentally, something fell from Baekhyun's hand when he pulled the brunet's wrist.

 

They watched as the ring fell and bounced on the floor.

 

Chanyeol lightly gulps as awkwardness swims around the room. Baekhyun doesn't know what to do as well but he figures out how to escaped from the giant's hold.

 

He was about to pull his arm back when Chanyeol slowly leans down and picks up the ring from the ground. Baekhyun is surprised the most. He watches as Chanyeol stand in front of him again, showing the ring to him.

 

"This," he starts. "This brings a lot of pain of the memories to me honestly." Then he turns to meet Baekhyun's eyes. "But on the bright side, it's the only thing that reminds you, us... I don't have the heart to take it away from you, so--"

 

He carefully pushes the silver ring on Baekhyun's slender ring finger. Baekhyun silently gasps in awe.

 

"This already belongs to yours, Baek. And again, I'm so sorry for throwing it away from you. But if it was gone, I could give you a thousand of it anyway."

 

"Yeol, this ring is not special but it means a lot to me and nothing could ever replace it how precious this is to me."

 

The taller grins up and holds Baekhyun's hand tightly with his. "Okay. Keep it safe."

 

 

FLASHBACK~

 

There was like fifty students from below. Some of them were from their club and there are even like three teachers there. They were all looking up at them like a star while holding up each big letters of "WILL YOU MARRY ME, BYUN BAEKHYUN?"  and bunch of different flowers.

 

Baekhyun was shocked and mixed with emotions in the moment that he almost jumped when Chanyeol touched his shoulder.

 

Baekhyun nervously looked at him, Chanyeol's face seemed so confident and excited. As Chanyeol takes something behind his pocket, Baekhyum knew what's going to happen next. Because of that, his whole began to tremble slightly and a scared frown appeared on his face.

 

Chanyeol, the friend of his for six years and his boyfriend for two years shamelessly placed his knee on the ground, looking up at him with a smile before opening the small box.

 

A shiny silver diamond ring was revealed inside the small box. Baekhyun's breath hitched as he saw the ring before his eyes.

 

Before Baekhyun could stop what he's going to say next, Chanyeol already spoke. "Will, you marry me, Baekhyun?"

 

This is it... Chanyeol thought to himself.

 

Baekhyun will say yes  just like what he promised six years ago.

 

That's what he thought.

 

The cheers and screams from below were already audibly loud and deafening. Chanyeol even took a bunch of students and teachers with him just for proposing. Baekhyun has never been so amazed to his boyfriend. He's the most wonderful boyfriend ever.

 

But still...

 

Baekhyun thought sonething wrong.

 

Chanyeol's happy and gleefully smile slowly faded once he saw Baekhyun scared and teary eyes. His lips began to tremble as well.

 

"Baek?"

 

A tear fell out fron Baekhyun's eye before he said. "I- I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Chanyeol. B-but-" he slowly shook his head, he knew Chanyeol's world was already falling to pieces. "I won't marry you. N-no. I'm sorry!" 

 

What was heard next were the loud gasps and disappointre grunts from  the people below. Baekhyun quickly ran away from the place.

 

He slammed the door behind him and started crying. He felt a big weight in his chest while stressing those harsh words to his boyfriend which he doesn't even deserve in the first place.

 

He was such a terrible boyfriend at that time and he even felt more guilty when he realised he was the one to broke their relationship.

There was like fifty students from below. Some of them were from their club and there are even like three teachers there. They were all looking up at them like a star while holding up each big letters of "WILL YOU MARRY ME, BYUN BAEKHYUN?"  and bunch of different flowers.

 

Baekhyun was shocked and mixed with emotions in the moment that he almost jumped when Chanyeol touched his shoulder.

 

Baekhyun nervously looked at him, Chanyeol's face seemed so confident and excited. As Chanyeol takes something behind his pocket, Baekhyum knew what's going to happen next. Because of that, his whole began to tremble slightly and a scared frown appeared on his face.

 

Chanyeol, the friend of his for six years and his boyfriend for two years shamelessly placed his knee on the ground, looking up at him with a smile before opening the small box.

 

A shiny silver diamond ring was revealed inside the small box. Baekhyun's breath hitched as he saw the ring before his eyes

 

Before Baekhyun could stop what he's going to say next, Chanyeol already spoke. "Will, you marry me, Baekhyun?"

 

This is it... Chanyeol thought to himself.

 

Baekhyun will say yes  just like what he promised six years ago.

 

That's what he thought.

 

The cheers and screams from below were already audibly loud and deafening. Chanyeol even took a bunch of students and teachers with him just for proposing. Baekhyun has never been so amazed to his boyfriend. He's the most wonderful boyfriend ever.

 

But still...

 

Baekhyun thought something wrong.

 

Chanyeol's happy and gleefully smile slowly faded once he saw Baekhyun scared and teary eyes. His lips began to tremble as well.

 

"Baek?"

 

A tear fell out fron Baekhyun's eye before he said. "I- I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Chanyeol. B-but-" he slowly shook his head, he knew Chanyeol's world was already falling to pieces. "I won't marry you. N-no. I'm sorry!" 

 

What was heard next were the loud gasps and disappointed grunts from  the people below. Baekhyun quickly ran away from the place.

 

He slammed the door behind him and started crying. He felt a big weight in his chest while stressing those harsh words to his boyfriend which he doesn't even deserve in the first place.

 

He was such a terrible boyfriend at that time and he even felt more guilty when he realised he was the one to broke their relationship.