Maybe if we face up to this we can make it through this

Beautiful Disaster

 

The room is silent. Yongguk calmly watches as the flames dance in the lamp. On the other side of the tent, Baekhyun is sleeping peacefully on his bed.

 

"I will never know what will happen when something bad happened to you," his lips utter in a quiet whisper. He couldn't move on from what happened on the last five hours. Baekhyun just almost drowned and he cannot blame anyone but himself for failing to look after him.

 

"I promised that I will never let him put in any harm, but in the end, I just screwed up."

 

Chuckling, he stands up from the stool and decides to go outside. Once he left the tent, his eyes catch the other president who sitting on the big log by the bonfire. Shaking his head, he strides towards the latter and passes the other workers walking.

 

Chanyeol buries his head on his hands, raking his hair in frustration. His eyes are heavy from lack of sleep and stress. It's funny he only realized that he's the burden in this whole project. He couldn't do anything right from day one. He feels so embarrassed to his people, especially to Baekhyun.

 

He moistens his lip, staring at the fire. "God. Why the hell am I like this?"

 

"I'm gonna talk to you something personal, Mr. Park," suddenly comes from his right, making him jolt from the log. He jerks his head up, seeing the other president with wide eyes.

 

"What is that ring? I know you know something about it," Yongguk continues to ask dauntlessly, looking down at his rival haughtily.

 

Chanyeol averts his tired eyes as he carefully stands from the ground. He dusts his hands off before looking at  the other president in front of him. Honestly, he isn't in the mood to argue with Yongguk but does he have any choice?

 

Let's just finish this for the sake of everything. "It's from me."

 

Mr. Bang's expression becomes stiff at staring at Chanyeol uneasily, his arms slowly unfold from his chest. "What?"

 

Chanyeol wipes a hand to his face before speaking again. "It- it was seven years ago...when I'm still a lanky teenager without luxury. Baekhyun was my ex." He paused, shoving his hands in his coat's pocket. "I used that ring to propose to him b-but..."

 

"What?" Mr. Bang pleads, obviously looking mad and tensed. Jealousy is just beginning to come out from his skin.

 

Chanyeol looks down on the ground and his bottom lip before resuming. "He rejected me."

 

He answered softly but Mr. Bang heard it well. He blinks a few times and so his reaction changes again. "What?"

 

"I dropped that ring at the place where I proposed to him and yes I'm surprised he still keeps that thing till now."

 

Mr. Bang huffs, letting his eyes wander around the workers. "You didn't tell me you two have past."

 

"I don't think any reasons to tell you that concerns you." Chanyeol answers in as a matter of fact way.

 

"You're his ex. Technically, you may or may not still have feelings for him when I told you that I like him." Mr. Bang scoffs. "So, I think all this time you were jealous at me and that Doojoon guy. You wanted Baekhyun from your employee but the truth is you're just so jealous seeing your ex with another guy. Now it all makes sense. That's surely the reason why were you so cold towards him."

 

Chanyeol frowns. "You're right. I've thought that too. I used to deny to myself that I still have feelings for him." he paused, starting at the former's eyes sternly. "But now, I'm not sure any more."

 

Yongguk's smirk disappears as he felt his blood starting to boil. "What do you mean by that, Mr. Park?"

 

"Quit the formality, Yongguk." The latter scowls at the remark. "This is beyond any business. We're talking about Baekhyun here. At first, it was fine for me to make you his fling but after that night...  I realized I don't want any guys around him anymore." Chanyeol states, eyeing the other president, cockily.

 

"Except you?" Yongguk cuts. "You want him back again, am I right?"

 

Chanyeol smirks. "Good guess."

 

"You want a rivalry then,  Park." Yongguk challenged.

 

Chanyeol chuckles. "I promise you, we already have rivalry even from the start and I know you know that too." Mr. Bang merely scoffs. "But I think this time would be different..." Chanyeol utters. "We're fighting for someone and I'm determined to win."

 

Mr. Bang smirks. "Don't be so confident. Remember, you're still the past and I'm the present. Baekhyun might have already moved on from you."

 

Chanyeol almost flinched at that. "But I remember he told me that he just worked here because of me." he says, folding his arms. "He wanted to see me, so what does that mean, then?" he challenges.

 

Yongguk's fists clenches. "Whatever, at least I'm not the one who hurt him and gave him such a burden. You threw the most precious thing to his in the lake and do you think he'd be happy with that? I wouldn't ever do that to him, unlike you." He emphasizes the word, making Chanyeol ball his fists because that really hits him.

 

"He deserves more than a cold hearted prick."

 

Chanyeol chuckles and grits his teeth. "You have the nerves to call me that."

 

"So what? You're gonna punch me?"

 

Chanyeol doesn't respond.

 

"You threw one of my people's ring, Seriously?" Yongguk mocked. "So immature."

 

Chanyeol looks around before letting out a breath. "For the sake of this goddamn project, I will try not to fly my fist onto your face. But don't temp me or I won't stop myself next time." then he walks out, ignoring the curse from the other president.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun slowly opens his eyes. The first person he sees is Doojoon sitting on the chair beside him, and he is sleeping. He lifted his body carefully up from the bed before nudging Doojoon to wake up. Doojoon stirs a bit but remained sleeping.

 

Baekhyun sighs at his sleeping rock friend. "Doojoon... Doojoon!"

 

Doojoon budges and snaps his eyes open. He quickly sits up straight from alertness. "Wha- What's going on?"

 

Baekhyun stares at him judgingly. Doojoon blinks his eyes widely, regaining his mind and consciousness. He beams once seeing Baekhyun finally awake. "Hey, finally I've been waiting for you to wake up!"

 

Baekhyun smiles, but the first thing he uttered was: "I'm sorry if I made you guys worried. I'm starting to feel very burden with you guys."

 

The older shakes his head and taps his knee."Nah. Don't say that. We all get worried because you matter to all of us. Thank god we found and rescued you immediately or else, I will never see my best friend again."

 

Baekhyun snorts. "We're already best friends?"

 

Doojoon grinned. "Yeah..."

 

"But I already have a best friend back in the city. His name is Kyungsoo and he's my roommate as well."

 

Doojoon nods. "Can I meet him?"

 

"Of course, if you get to visit our flat, why not?"

 

Doojoon's smile becomes wider. "Good." He stands up from his seat. "I'll tell everyone that you're awake."

 

Baekhyun nods and lets Doojoon leave.

 

 

 

Mr. Bang was walking back in his tent with frustration when Doojoon approached him. He was about to rant at him when Doojoon tells him something importantly. "Baekhyun just woke up, sir. I'm just gonna grab some food for him."

 

"Is he okay?"

 

"Yes, sir." Doojoon answers. "He just feels his body a little ill but he's okay."

 

Mr. Bang nodded and shot him a small smile. Finally, he felt relieved. "Thanks, I will see him." But before Doojoon leaves, he grabbed his arm, stopping him for leaving.

 

"Can I have favor from you?" he asked.  "Don't tell Park Chanyeol yet, okay?"

 

Doojoon wasn't certain what to answer. "Sir-"

 

"I need to ask Baekhyun a few things first. I just need to talk to him personally, as his boss... okay?"

 

"O-okay." Doojoon nods and left again.

 

As Doojoon left, Yongguk wasted no time to go and slip in his assistant's tent where he rests.

 

"Yongguk..." his name escapes from Baekhyun's mouth once the younger saw him. His face looks relieved.

 

"How are you feeling?" Yongguk asks as he sits down on the chair beside the bed.

 

"My body's a bit warm but I can manage." Baekhyun answers sincerely. Then he nibbles his bottom lip. "I'm sorry."

 

Yongguk furrows his brows. "Why? For what? I should be the one who's saying that 'cause I forgot your safety when I know you're-"

 

"I should've never got in here." Baekhyun suddenly uttered before he gazed at the president. "It's a mistake for hoping Chanyeol will forgive me. No matter how I try, he will never forgive me. I think I should have already drowned."

 

Yongguk snapped immediately. "No! I won't ever let that happen."

 

Baekhyun stops and stares at him while his eyes are already wet. It hurts for Yongguk seeing his face. He slowly reaches up for Baekhyun's hand to hold it.

 

"You need to move on and forget whatever past you have with him." he sighed. "You're right, he might never forgive you anymore... but I'm here for you. You don't deserve this." his hold on Baekhyun's hand tightened. "You deserve to be loved and cared and I'm here to mend and complete your broken heart."

 

Tears were slowly flowing out again but Baekhyun can't help but smile from the care he was receiving from his boss. He looks down at their laced hands. "Thank you so much Yongguk..." Then looks up and his eyes met Yongguk's. "But you can't change my fate." his voice broke. "Nothing's going to be fine again."

 

"What are you talking about?" he holds Baekhyun's shoulders. "Don't cry over that bastard, Baekhyun. I will help you forget anything worst that happened to you."

 

Baekhyun gulps,  opening his teary eyes again. "I- I should tell you this... since you deserve to know.. and I trust you."

 

Yongguk frowned in worry. "What is it?"

 

"No matter what happens, don't feel pity for me... okay?"

 

Yongguk waited for some seconds before answering. "Promise." his hold on Baekhyun only tightened more.

 

 

-

Yongguk leaves the tent with blank and pale face. He felt like his body will fall down on the ground on any second thus he can't move his foot forward. His lips are trembling as he feels his chest getting heavier and heavier.

 

He inhales air to prevent his eyes from letting out tears.

 

He feels bad for Baekhyun.

 

He feels bad for his fate.

 

Baekhyun doesn't deserve it.

 

If only Chanyeol knows about this...

Before he could even break down in front of the people around, he takes a step forward and starts walking to find his rival.

 

He looks around and notices the workers have already finished clearing the trees and the project will be over soon. Just as his bond with Baekhyun.

 

He wasted no time to search around for the stupid lanky president even how much he hates him. Yongguk needs to ask him.

 

"Did you see Mr. Park?" he asks the other worker.

 

"N-no, sir." the employee answered.

 

Yongguk grunted. His hands rest on his waists. Where the hell is he?"

 

"Mr. Bang!"

 

Yongguk quickly turns where he heard his name. Doojoon waved a hand at him and he quickly approached the president.

 

"Mr. Park said he needs your permission to call the building team already-"

 

"Mr. Park. Where is he?" Mr. Bang cuts.

 

Doojoon gapes his mouth. "Uh.. He's in the hill with the others."

 

"Can you get him for me? Tell him it's urgent."

 

Doojoon nods. "Okay, sir." then he hurriedly left and run where he came from.

 

 

 

Chanyeol can't help but let out a huff once he saw his rival. He lazily walked towards the other president with lack of care.

 

"Do you agree to call the construction workers this early?"

 

"We can talk about that later Mr. Park. Right now, I need to ask you a favor."

 

Chanyeol forms a smirk. "What now?" he crosses his arms.

 

"Baekhyun already woke up and he's far from okay."

 

After hearing that statement, Chanyeol's guard quickly fell onto the ground. His confident smirk fades easily and replaces by a worried one.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I talked to him alone... and he was crying the whole time. All he thought was how bitter his fate is and he just wanted to drown. He feels miserable from failing to earn your forgiveness?"

 

Chanyeol remains silent, staring at the other with furrowed brows.

 

"Please, I don't care about the rivalry anymore... I'm asking you to forgive Baekhyun," Yongguk says impassively.

 

"What?" Chanyeol breathes out.

 

"I reckon he needs you. Help him out, don't worry I'll do the work here. The construction workers are coming in any minutes. Just go."

 

Chanyeol still won't blink from surprise and confusion. "Are you sure?"

 

Yongguk almost has the urge to shout at him but he quickly thinks of Baekhyun. "Yes. But don't get me wrong, I'm just doing it for him, okay?"

 

Chanyeol can't help but beam a smile. "Well, thank you man." he pats Yongguk's shoulder before turning and walking back to the camp. Yongguk watches Chanyeol as he march and exit the forest.

 

It's funny how they easily made up when they just fought earlier. Baekhyun must be really doing magic on both of them.

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

 

Chanyeol was never been so happy in his life. He didn't know what on Earth he did to deserve a friend such as Baekhyun. Since the day he came to his life, everyday he felt so lucky like there's no other things to worry or handle. With Baekhyun, he felt so carefree, peacefully just like his world only rotates around Baekhyun.

 

He"s already thinking that spending his forever with Baekhyun would be a great idea.

 

This is the last year anyway, he needs to tell the world where Baekhyun fully belongs to. Chanyeol can't wait anymore.

 

He wants to marry Baekhyun immediately.

 

He already thought the decision was risky and too mature but Chanyeol already thought and planned everything. Even he's just nineteen, he's already capable of running a business and feed a family even without his family's help.

 

He could make it.

 

 

Baekhyun sighed as he opened his locker. A small red note sticking on the door of the locker caught his attention. He took it and grinned once he read the note.

 

Baby, meet me in the rooftop after you read this for a surprise you won't expect...

-Yeollie <3<3<3

 

"Idiot." Baekhyun muttered gleefuly before slipping the small paper in his pocket and running to the hallway.

 

Baekhyun arrived thete in like two minutes. He slowly opened the door to the rooftop and saw his tall boyfriend standing before the edge of the building.

 

Baekhyun ran to him in scare and worry. "Idiot, what are you doing there?! You'll fall."

 

Chanyeol slowly turned around at him with a usual smile amd glasses wearing on his face.

 

"Baek, finally."

 

"Finally what? Will you please move a little closer here?!" Baekhyun yelled, still frightening for his stupid boyfriend who was standing carelessly on the edge.

 

Chanyeol furrowed his brows. "But this is my surprise for you."

 

"You're surprising me by jumping there?"

 

Chanyeol chuckled lightly. "Of course, not, silly." Then he extended left his arm out for Baekhyun. "Take my hand and come closer."

 

Baekhyun began to feel so much nervous for thinking Chanyeol will jump with him on the building. Chanyeol laughed at his reaction again.

 

"Don't worry, love. We're not jumping off the building." he reassured with a small smile.

 

Baekhyun looked at him skeptically before uncertainly taking his hand. Chanyeol formed a grin as he dragged Baekhyun near the edge of the building. Baekhyun's already closing his eyes shut from so much scared.

 

"You need to open them and see below."

 

Baekhyun did just what Chanyeol told him. He slowly opened his eyes and looked down below.

 

A shiver ran through his spine from what he saw below. His feet was frozen solid on the ground and his jaw was tightly locked.

 

"Will You Marry Me?"