Make This Something More

Beautiful Disaster

 

Baekhyun wakes peacefully this morning without Doojoon's snoring or sobbing, instead some familiar deep breaths against his nape. Baekhyun's eyes flutter open and he realizes the giant's body so close and literally pressing against his. Chanyeol's strong arm is even wrapping around his waist from the back.

 

Since when did this idiot moved to my bed? Baekhyun wonders with a scowl before carefully moving the giant's arm from his stomach. Chanyeol doesn't stir in his sleeping. Baekhyun gets out from his hold and leaves the bed off sneakily. He peeks outside the tent and sees the constructors just about to start working. He takes his jacket before leaving the tent and of course, Chanyeol. He plans on seeing Doojoon that morning so he can apologize and sort their matter out before they leave the mountain.

 

Baekhyun approaches their shared tent but he stops once he is already in front of it. He takes a deep breath before calling Doojoon's name. He calls a few times but nobody responds or comes out of the tent. Curious, he tries to peek inside but then a hand suddenly grabs on his shoulder, making him jump in surprise.

 

He swiftly turns around. "Doojoon! You scared the hell out of me."

 

Doojoon chuckles at him. "Why can't you just walk inside? Like you don't own this tent as well," he sneakers and stands beside the shorter male.

 

"I just thought you were still putting on clothes." Baekhyun mutters, still frowning at the elder who is already making his morning smile. "I'm just here to say goodbye- And also to apologize for yesterday, for leaving and for avoiding you the whole day."

 

Silence takes over the place, it is close to grow awkward again. But thankfully, Doojoon saves them both. "You don't have anything to be sorry for. It's my fault and I'm sorry if I kissed you without permission yesterday. I just kind of lost control at that moment. I'm really sorry, I won't do that again," he promises, raising his other hand.

 

Baekhyun smiles widely. Wow, that was fast. Of course, no matter what mistake Doojoon does, he will always forgive his friend. Doojoon beams and pats his shoulder.

 

"I hope to see you again, Baekhyun. In the city, of course. I wish we would bump each other and have a nice coffee together."

 

Baekhyun couldn't help but giggle and grin. "Sounds great."

 

 

Mr. Bang's people are all packed now and ready to leave, including Baekhyun. But the latter remains in Chanyeol's side, in his tent, specifically.

 

Baekhyun looks and touches his ex's stuffs in the tent while the latter is busy commanding outside. Baekhyun finds a sketchbook under a pile of papers on the table near the blueprints and permits. His brow raises, taking the sketchbook. He didn't know Chanyeol would still have the time to draw.

 

His lips stretch into smile while flipping and looking on the sketchpad's pages in adoration. The sketches are all brilliant and he can tell Chanyeol did a good job making them. Baekhyun can still clearly remember how Chanyeol loves drawing beautiful things and nature back in highschool.

 

But his smile easily falters too once remembering a promise he said to the giant.

 

"I wish you could draw me too, someday."

 

Baekhyun didn't get to grant his own wish and promise to the giant because he never came back again. But now that he's here, maybe he can try and grant the wish. He thinks at this moment, maybe, this is the perfect time.

 

He slides the sketchpad back under the papers before leaving the tent.

 

 

 

"So, tell me, how do you like to be drawn?" Chanyeol asks in an artistry way. Baekhyun laughs at his accent. 

 

"God, stop pretending like Picasso."

 

"But I will act one for you, love." Chanyeol chuckles, taking the pencil from the small case. "Though I thought you will say "Draw me like one of your French girls", you know."

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and pretends he didn't hear that part. "Gosh. I don't know- but I want nature as my background. Perfect that we're here in the mountain."

 

"Fine. We have three hours before leaving anyway. Show me the place, princess."

 

"I saw this spot yesterday with Doojoon yesterday and I think you would love it too." Baekhyun says and starts to walk with Chanyeol trailing behind him.

 

They arrive at the said place after ten minutes. There is a lake, big pine trees around it and a couple of hills behind the lake. The sun is shining brilliantly helping the place luster nicely. Indeed perfect.

 

"Baek, this is beautiful."

 

Baekhyun hums and stops on the white pebbles. "See, I told you."

 

Chanyeol chuckles lightly and looks at the sketchpad he is holding. "But still, not as beautiful as you."

 

Before he could blush, Baekhyun hurried him to start. "Let's start already. So, where should I pose?"

 

"Um." Chanyeol begins thinking, pressing the pen against his chin while examining the place. "Oh, It's great if you sit there on that log near the water while the trees behind you and the pond. Perfect."

 

Baekhyun nods and complies instructions. He sits on the rock and waits for Chanyeol to say the next.

 

"Babe, put your chin on your palm- yes. That's great." Chanyeol gives him a thumb-up, fixing his hold on his sketchpad and beginning to draw.

 

Chanyeol admits to himself, he's slightly nervous to begin this which is unusual because he always keep calm and professional when he sketches before. Perhaps, because this is Baekhyun and he wants it to be more perfect like this is his final and greatest sketch, putting all of his best skills and effort to copy Baekhyun's features perfectly. He will consider this as his greatest art.

 

Baekhyun is effortlessly gorgeous and almost perfect at the same time. He considers him a lucky guy for having an opportunity to draw this piece of masterpiece.

 

Almost half an hour has passed, Chanyeol is almost already finished. He just needs to enhance the texture and shadow of the picture, enlighten the background so it'll more brilliant for the main subject of his sketch.

 

Baekhyun patiently waits for more minutes until Chanyeol yells, "Done!"

 

Baekhyun smiles and giggles excitedly, carefully standing up from his position. "Damn, my legs feel numb. It better be good or I'll—"

 

He stops once Chanyeol hands him the sketch paper. Baekhyun stares at him sceptically before looking at the paper. Baekhyun's mouth slightly gapes the second he sees the sketch. Like expected, it is perfect, no, more than perfect. He can't find the better words to describe it.

 

"Do you like it?"

 

"Are you kidding?" Baekhyun exclaims. "This sketch is worth a billion dollars!"

 

Chanyeol laughs softly. "Thanks."

 

"No, I'm serious, Chanyeol. This is just- awesome. You deserve your own sketch gallery." Baekhyun switches his gaze from the paper up to the giant. "I can't believe you would be this great," he mutters lowly. Chanyeol finds his reaction so cute.

 

Baekhyun drops his arms. "Can I just hug you?"

 

Chanyeol grins. "Of course, baby. Come here." He spreads his arms wide to welcome the smaller into his arms.

 

Baekhyun closes his eyes, enjoying the warmth and comfort of the giant's chest against his.  It's been a long time since he felt this heavenly feeling with Chanyeol. He missed being wrapped around Chanyeol's arms. Chanyeol in the other hand felt the same. He missed embracing Baekhyun with his arms. Especially, hugging his little body that perfectly fits against his giant one. He missed Baekhyun hearing his heartbeat against his chest and he knew it was heaven.

 

Although they hated  it, they still pull apart from each other. Baekhyun tried to rub his teary eyes with his palm before flashing a blissful smile. "Thank you, Yeol." he sighs. "I wonder what I could pay you back for this."

 

Chanyeol lets out a sigh and pretends to think. "A kiss on the lips would do," he says while staring intently on Baekhyun plum and delicate lips.

 

In fact, he didn't need any permission though. Just by staring in them, Chanyeol can't help those butterflies fluttering in his stomach compelling him to touch those lips with his own. He can't believe Doojoon claimed those selfishly behind his back. Before he could feel the raging jealousy again and ruin the moment, Chanyeol leans closer and slant his head to claim Baekhyun's lips. It is magical... and feels like the first time, how they both feel just as their lips met.

 

Baekhyun gasps for a second, closing his eyes and let Chanyeol spend his time doing magic his lips. It didn't take long for Chanyeol to become eager and he starts biting and Baekhyun's lips. Baekhyun grasps on his biceps while Chanyeol holds him on waist and the nape. Baekhyun instinctly parts his mouth, letting Chanyeol's tongue quickly intrudes inside. Baekhyun melts into the kiss.

 

The kiss becomes deeper and hotter. Neither of them wanted to pull apart from each other. They long and missed each other's kiss so badly that they don't want to break the kiss. But then air becomes their enemy at the moment, so even though they never want pull part, they have to.

 

Baekhyun is the one to pull away first, slowly. He pants for air after the long kiss. Chanyeol stares at his red and swollen lips and forms a grin. Baekhyun giggled along the giant and slant his forehead against the taller's. He can't hide his blush

 

"I love you, Baekhyun." Chanyeol  whispers warmly against his lips.

 

"I know."  Their foreheads pull apart from each other. Baekhyun stares in Chanyeol's eyes solemnly before muttering an "I love you too. I- I love you so much."

 

Chanyeol sighs heavily, wiping the small tears forming from the rim of Baekhyun's eyes with his thumbs. Baekhyun holds the giant's hand against his cheek and closed his eyes. Chanyeol chuckles before planting a kiss on the smaller's forehead.

 

 

 

Chanyeol takes his boyfriend's backpack and put it inside his SUV while the shorter is still bidding his goodbye with his co workers and friends in Mr. Bang's company.

 

Once he's done grabbing their things from the camp, Chanyeol calls Baekhyun, the latter instantly turns his head to his lover.

 

"Come on, Baek. We're going,"

 

"Okay. Just wait, please," Baekhyun quips before proceeding to say his last goodbye to his friends, especially Doojoon and Mr. Bang, who became close to him. Baekhyun hug each of two shortly, can’t let his boyfriend wait much longer. After waving a hand, he quickly runs to the giant and kisses his cheek.

 

"Finally." Chanyeol fakes a groan but lips are formed into a small smile. "I can have you to myself alone."

 

Baekhyun hums. "Oh, yeah?" He slips off of the giant's hold and hopping inside the van. Chanyeol waste no time and starts the engine and drives off the road.

 

 

They don't talk much during the travel. They just talk and decide where Baekhyun will stay for the first night because it would take two days to arrive in Baekhyun's apartment. Of course, Chanyeol chooses his place more specifically, to his condo.

 

After some minutes, they arrive in Chanyeol's place. He pulls in the car right in front of the tall building of his condo.

 

"Okay, we're here." Chanyeol grins and excitedly jumped off his car to open the car's other door to the passenger's seat. He holds Baekhyun's hand and led him out of the van.

 

Baekhyun is smiling from ear to ear, looking up at the two tall buildings. "Wow, you own these?! Are you sure?"

 

"Why? Can't believe your boyfriend is so rich and luxurious like this?" Chanyeol jokes, snaking an arm around the shorter's shoulders. He leans down to kiss his cheek. "I'm gladly welcoming you to my world, Baek."

 

Baekhyun couldn't say anything else in awe. He just follows after Chanyeol as they head inside the building.

 

Baekhyun's mouth gapes as they enter the building. Every windows, walls and tables are made of glasses. The whole place is beautiful and peaceful, really just amazing, Baekhyun thinks he just entered Christian Grey's building. The polite maids, helpers and keep greet their boss and curtly bow as the couple walk past them. The two enter the elevator and Chanyeol presses the number 57 button. Baekhyun's eyes widen when he saw the total number of floors of the building. It is over eighty stories. Baekhyun gasps in shock making Chanyeol chuckle at his expression.

 

It takes few minutes before they arrive at their destined floor. Baekhyun sheepishly follow his boyfriend when they walk out of the elevator. Baekhyun's eyes wander around the hallway. There were less people in the floor and some of them are helpers and maids.

 

"So, where's my room?" Baekhyun finally gets to ask after recovering from awe.

 

Chanyeol turns to him immediately. "Oh, you're staying with mine."

 

Baekhyun freezes for a second, trying to replay what Chanyeol has just answered. "What?"

 

Chanyeol laughs, sliding a card onto a door's slot before twisting the knob. When Chanyeol opens the door, revealing his personal room, Baekhyun's jaw hangs open.

 

"Wow."

 

Chanyeol smiles. "Please, come inside." He gestures Baekhyun to come in first before him. Baekhyun reluctantly steps inside the flat, a bit afraid to step on the crystal white floor. His eyes couldn't stop examining the whole place. Everything big, elegant and perfect. The sofas and chairs are all white, the windows are filled with large glass as well, just like the tables. There were gorgeous flowers and paintings too.

 

While looking around, Chanyeol was busy closing the doors behind them. Baekhyun was quite envious of Chanyeol's place. Definitely ten times more bigger and better than his place. He feels overwhelmed, seeing how successful Chanyeol is.

 

"I see you're stunned with this place." Chanyeol utters near to his ear. "Isn't it lovely?"

 

"Yeah." Baekhyun breathes out.

 

Chanyeol smirks before dipping and nuzzling on Baekhyun's neck. "You can stay here whenever you want, just so you know. In fact, you can choose any room or floor you want here in this condo. But of course, I prefer you staying in mine."

 

Baekhyun slowly turns around to face his boyfriend. "Chanyeol... I- This is too much. You don't need to do this for me."

 

"Nonsense. You're my boyfriend of course I will treat you special."

 

"T-thanks." Baekhyun smiles and shyly looks away. "But I will leave tomorrow anyway."

 

Chanyeol pouts his lips, wrapping his arms around the smaller's waist tightly. "I know and that makes me sad."

 

Baekhyun giggles softly, pinching his cheeks to prevent him from pouting. "Oi, where are my bags?"

 

"I already told someone to take them here. They will arrive in any seconds, baby. While we're waiting why don't we prepare lunch? I'm already hungry and I think so are you."

 

Baekhyun chuckles, walking around the living room. Chanyeol already grabs the telephone and starts punching numbers. The small brunet steps closer to the windows, admiring the sight below.

 

The very last time he steps in a high place was on the rooftop. The same place where Chanyeol proposed to him and rejected Chanyeol. Remembering it always makes Baekhyun feel a pang in his chest. He didn't want to repeat that same mistake again and now that he's given a second chance, Baekhyun will try his best to gain Chanyeol's trust back and to make the latter feel his pure and sincere love.

 

His thoughts are cut by the sound of doorbell behind the door.

 

"Oh, the food's here." Chanyeol chirps, making his way to the door.

 

 

 

Chanyeol sits across Baekhyun in the table. The foods in the table are extremely delicious Baekhyun will not forget their names. Maybe he can ask Kyungsoo to try cook them someday. They eat silently in the dining table, neither of them spoke much. But some moments after, Chanyeol's eyes accidentally notices the ring around Baekhyun's finger.

 

"You know people will think you're married or engaged by wearing that ring."

 

Baekhyun looks down at the ring and smiles. "But it's so pretty."

 

Chanyeol raises a brow, reaching for the glass. "Do you often wear that?"

 

Baekhyun nods, caressing the ring with his beautiful fingers. "Sometimes, when I go out or meet other people."

 

"Meet people?"

 

"For business. You're right though. I purposely wear it so people will think I'm taken."

 

Chanyeol looks at him directly in the eyes, his smile slowly fades. "Why?"

 

"Obviously, so no one will come and flirt with me," he replies, looking back in his eyes. "I don't want anybody asking me for a date 'cause I already have someone in my heart."

 

Chanyeol blushes at the sweet compliment. He can't help but form a grin. "What if you found out that I'm dating somebody else? Would your heart break?"

 

Baekhyun pauses, looking down at the plate. "Maybe. But that wouldn't matter. At least you're happy and that would make me contented." He states sincerely to the giant

 

Chanyeol wasn't smiling anymore. Instead, he is thinking of another thing in his head. "Do you ever wonder what would happen if you had accept my proposal seven years ago? Do you think we'll still be together? Peacefully living together... with lots of children..?" He sighs. "Think I won't be alone raising a big company and this hell of a building..."

 

Baekhyun chuckles a bit. "I think you're implying that your life would be much better if I didn't reject you, right? But come to think of it, you wouldn't reach this far if you didn't have any motive to work hard and promised to get revenge on me someday. It was the hate you had with me made you this successful—"

 

"But I was not happy," Chanyeol snaps, cutting Baekhyun off. "Yes, I may be rich and successful but look, I'm alone. Baekhyun, don't think I was satisfied with all this luxury around me because I was not. I wasn't happy since you rejected me... and left me. Hate and anger filled my heart that I didn't know how to feel any love again." His stare on his lover gets firmer. "But now you're here again, I feel like you my heart returned back to normal. I never felt so alive before that project in the mountain happened."

 

Silence fills the room for some time and Baekhyun still don't respond. Then Chanyeol reaches for Baekhyun's hand and holds it warmly. Baekhyun slowly looks up at his boyfriend to meet his solemn eyes. "My world only revolves around you, Baekhyun."

 

 

 

The city during night is more beautiful to watch. The headlights of the cars below are brilliant from above. Even the windows from the other buildings around them are prettily bright as well. Baekhyun couldn't peel his eyes away from the window until Chanyeol calls him across the other room. The giant is already in his pajamas.

 

"Baek, you should take a rest now."

 

"Um, yeah. I'll take the other room."

 

Chanyeol remains staring at him in a deadpan, making Baekhyun give him a puzzled look.

 

"I think you should sleep with me tonight." Baekhyun's face slowly falls. "I mean— we should sleep in my bed." Chanyeol smirks slyly. "Sounds good?"

 

Baekhyun's brows wrinkle quickly. "Are you serious?" There are small tints of red forming on his cheeks.

 

Chanyeol heaves his shoulders nonchalantly. "Yes. What's the matter? Like we didn't sleep together in one bed before."

 

"Yeah.. I—I know but-" Baekhyun bites his lip sheepishly, he doesn't know how should he say this. "Y-you know I don't want to risk things okay?"

 

Chanyeol only lets out a laugh, pulling the brunet with him. "Look, if you're saying something might happen tonight, there will be nothing, okay?"

 

"I know but we just started to date again don't you think it's awkward?" Baekhyun asks and they stop at the door of the bedroom.

 

Chanyeol scoffs. "We're never awkward, Baekhyun so stop nimbling."

 

Baekhyun sighs and finally nods his head. They enter the room together and Chanyeol gestures him to the bed while he's taking some pillows and blankets from the closet.

 

"I miss this," Suddenly comes from Chanyeol while fixing the blankets with Baekhyun's help. The latter only smiles in respond.

 

Once the preparing is done, Baekhyun slips in the blankets shyly beside the giant. He doesn't know why but his heart won't stop palpitating and his cheeks won't stop flushing. He tries rolling over but his boyfriend refuses, pouting.

 

"I want to see your red face till morning, Baek." he says.

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes at the remark. "I'm not attractive during morning."

 

He hears Chanyeol snort. "Is it just me or you also said that the first time we shared a bed together... before when we're still in high school, I suppose." Chanyeol breaks out a laugh remembering one of the best moments in his life.

 

Baekhyun purses his lips, playfully pokes the giant's dimple. "You have a very good memory, Chanyeol."

 

"I know. That's what you loved the best from me, remember?"

 

The brunet grins. "I know." But then it quickly disappeared when he thought of something. "I think our separation made us both stronger. You've changed so much and so I am. You're much better than seven years ago, Chanyeol. I think today we're something more than we were just teenagers and young hearts."

 

"Yeah. I can say the same to you, Baek." he agrees. "We're both matured hence we're ten times stronger. Honestly, I feel like I fell for you harder this time than before."

 

Baekhyun laughs and mutters. "Yeah, the feeling is mutual... Good night."

 

His boyfriend instantly smiles back. "Good night, baby."

 


a/n: 

There are more ten chapters to go. Thank you for reading and commenting guys. I'll update again after five days.

See ya.