We're Going in Circles

Beautiful Disaster

 

It was already three days ago since Baekhyun went in his company but ever since that day, Chanyeol can't focus and think straight on whatever he's doing. It seems like the bitter past is slowly coming back to his head which badly affects him so much.Also, he's afraid that it could affect his business as well. No, he wouldn't let that happen. He wouldn't let that midget ruin everything that he has now just from showing up in his building.

 

Not again. Chanyeol mumbles through gritted teeth before slamming his fist hard on the table.

 

Everyone stops from listening at the director and some of them gasp as they turn their heads to the president. The director itself already looks terrified, afraid that something in his project mightsounded wrong or isn't good enough.

 

Lay, the closest where the president sits coughs before asking. "Sir, is something wrong?"

 

Everyone waits for his answer expectantly and a few becomes nervous before Chanyeol answers. "N-nothing."He rubs his temple. "Just continue."

 

Everyone else's attention turns back to the front as the marketing director starts explaining again. Chanyeol sighs and rubs his forehead. Lay stares at him curiously for a while before shaking his head. Of course, he knows what's going through inside his boss's head.

 

 

 

 

After getting rejected by Chanyeol, Baekhyun went and appliedto the other company that Kyungsoo, his roommate suggested. Needless to say, he passed and was hired as a executive secretary, thanks to his kind personality and charming looks. The president of the Bang Co. has his eyes on Baekhyun, in a good way. He isattracted on the brunette.

 

Baekhyun is glad that he's easily accepted in the company but he would be more glad if Chanyeol have had accepted him on the first place. Looks like Chanyeol still has some hard feelings towards him. Baekhyun sighs in worry. So, it would be difficult for him to approach him.

 

"Baekhyun." The president of Bang Corporationcalls, pulling him back from his thoughts. "We have a spontaneous meeting with the other party. You should come with us."

 

Baekhyun nods, standing up from his seat."Yes, sir."

 

They walk outside the building towards the cars. Baekhyun is still new in the company, his experience with being an marketing director before inother past company doesn't help him and by now, he feels a little bit nervous. The car already drives off the road without Baekhyun having any idea where would they go.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol fixes the cuffs of his sleeves before leaving his office. He just received the call from the secretary that Mr. Bang will have an immediate meeting with him. Mr. Bang is not only just an important person, but his rival in disguise as well. They secretly hate each other and Chanyeol just wants to end this business contract with him that their fathers so he wouldn't see Yongguk's face anymore.

 

They are competitive to each other since college and Chanyeol would always have the last laugh that even boosts up his pride and confidence. Needless to say, he is better than Yongguk in anything.

 

Once he exits the elevator, Lay greets him and joins him in his side as they march in the lobby. "They are all ready here," he says.

 

"Where are they?"

 

"In the first conference room, waiting for you."

 

Chanyeol hums, not amused.

 

"And sir, we still don't have a new executive director.What shall we do?"

 

Chanyeol shrugs. "Don't worry about it, I'll handle that one."

 

He doesn't get tosee the smirk playing on Lay's lips behind him as they enter the room.

 

Mr. Bang quickly stands up and so does his people. "Mr. Park, good to see you." he greets with a smile.

 

Chanyeol is about to smile back but then he sees the brunette beside Mr. Bang. Byun Baekhyun.

 

That runt.

 

Before he could explode, he sighs an air and greets the other businessman backprofessionally. "It's great to see you too, Mr. Bang," he says before they shake hands. Filth, anger and betrayal already running through Chanyeol's vein like poison. Seeing his ex with his most hated person makes his blood really boil. Never he expected that this day would happen. Now he's asking the heaven what he had done to deserve this punishment badly as hell.

 

He sits down across the other party and tries his best not to glance at the brunette beside Bang for so many times.

 

"I see your building has improved than the last time I visited here. That's a good sign of progress, I guess," Mr. Bang begins talking and Chanyeol just ignores it.

 

"Oh, by the way, this is my new secretary, Byun Baekhyun. You know, I'm so lucky to have him in my company."

 

Chanyeol hums and nods."Good for you then, Mr. Bang," he says with a bit of disgust at the tip of his tongue.

 

They start the meeting about the concept of the project which Chanyeol doesn't give a from the first place. He really does want to end this pointless meeting as soon as possible. However, Baekhyun seems to be uncomfortable as well. Chanyeol can see it at the corner of his eye. Yes, he admits, his attention is on Baekhyun the whole time.

 

He acts like an innocent little deer but he won't fool me again. I guess he's planning on something against me for not hiring him. That pathetic .

 

Chanyeol grits his teeth and silently glares at the executivesecretary which thankfully nobody notices. When Mr. Bang finishes his say, Chanyeol begins his own plans too.

 

As Chanyeol starts drawing his attention to the other president, Baekhyun had already stole glances at him. Chanyeol seems to be more mature, handsome, serious and egoistic since he is already a successful young businessman. Baekhyun is so great for what his former lover have currently now. He's just proud that Chanyeol succeed on getting his dreams.

 

Baekhyun just wishes he's already moved on and having a happy life with his current partner or something.Baekhyun wishes Chanyeol's heart finally heals after all the damage he caused on the younger.

 

 

 

 

 

=°=°=FLASHBACK=°=°=

 

 

 

Baekhyun sighed and rest his chin on his palm. The day is getting border as the clock turns. The teacher was preaching something nonsense to them and all Baekhyun wanted to do was get out of the hell of a classroom that he knew his other classmates wishedas well.

 

Good thing her speech was interfered when some other teacher knocked at the door. The teacher excused herself before walking outside the room. Baekhyun was about to holler in excitement when the teacher soon came back in the room but she's not alone. She had a boy following her from behind as she entered the room. Baekhyun's jaw almost dropped when he saw the said boy.

 

"Guys, I'm glad to say that you will you new classmate starting from this day." she turned her attention to the boy. "May you introduce yourself, dear?" she asked and the lovely boy nodded.

 

"Hello, guys! My name is Park Chanyeol and I will be your new classmate. I just moved in here with my parents. It's always great having new friends and I hope I will get to know each of you well and make friends until the end of the year. So thank you for welcoming me here." he said and bowed.

 

Chanyeol smiled but it got even wider when once he noticed the cute boy sitting by the window. He was starstrucked at the beautiful angel that he didn't hear the teacher telling him to choose his seat. Of course, he had chosen the one which was behind Byun Baekhyun and he admitted that he remembers the name of the angel.

 

As the class ended, Baekhyun turned behind him and shot a smile at the new student. "It's so great to see you again, Chanyeol."

 

"Yeah. I didn't expect to see you again here, Baekhyun. I'm just so lucky that I got here and I'm your classmate."

 

"Yeah." Baekhyun agreed. "I think the same too. You know, you can come with me during lunch everyday."

 

"Really?" Chanyeol asked, smiling from ear to ear. "I'd love to. But of course, I want to treat you always."

 

Baekhyun grinned. "Deal."