When You're Making All the Same Mistakes

Beautiful Disaster
 
 
 
When they see the video surveillance of the hospital the night Baekhyun left, the three of them are anxious, especially Chanyeol. His hand is trembling while his eyes are bloodshed from crying. Yongguk rubs circles on his back as they all focus on the screen with the security. 
The video shows Baekhyun suddenly up the bed. He reaches for telephone on the table and presses the numbers.
 
"What is he doing?" asks Kyungsoo, turning to the taller males.
 
"I think he's calling someone," Yongguk says, keeping his eyes on the screen.
 
Kyungsoo shakes his head. "It's definitely not me because my phone never rung last night."
 
Baekhyun just sits there on the bed as if he's waiting for something while Chanyeol was just sleeping there on the couch across having no idea to what's going on to the patient. Chanyeol silently wishes he could go back in that time and wake his sleeping body.
 
They fast forward the video and after five minutes, and they wait for the next happenings. Chanyeol is getting more nervous and frightened at the same time. His heart starts to pound loudly in his chest. Kyungsoo on the other hand is rubbing his sleepy eyes off just to maintain watching on the monitor. Yongguk just arrived two hours after Chanyeol informed him about what happened. He came late because of the important meeting in his company with his father and the traffic that made them stay longer in the road. But once he arrived at the hospital, he only felt what the other two felt. 
 
They continue to watch until a tall guy with cap and hoodie enters the room. It perks everyone's attention.
 
"Who the hell is that?" Yongguk questions this time.
 
Kyungsoo shakes his head, frowning. "I know some of his friends but I don't know who that is. Maybe one of the workers he made friends with during the project. 
 
Chanyeol keeps staring at the guy but he can't pinpoint who it was due to the dimness of the room and cap and Hoodie that are slightly covering his head. 
 
Baekhyun and the guy are conversing and it lasts for three minutes. The guy opens his bag and gives Baekhyun clothes and a pair shoes. Baekhyun walks to the restroom door that is in the corner of the room. The guy only waits there after Baekhyun entered the restroom. He seems looking at Chanyeol, watching it sleep. 
 
"Who are you?" Chanyeol whispers to no one. 
 
Baekhyun comes back already dressed casually without the hospital gown. The guy in black nods his head and they talk for a minute. Kyungsoo bites his lip, already having an idea what will happen next.
 
Baekhyun nods at the guy as the latter goes to the door and open it for him. Baekhyun comes to the guy sleeping on the couch and leans down to plant a kiss on his forehead. This makes Chanyeol's heart ache. Straightening his body, Baekhyun proceeds to the door and leaves the room followed by his companion. The rest of the video shows the two sneaking down to the staff's stairs until they reach the main floor. They head to the back exit until they successfully leave the hospital building.
 
Kyungsoo unfolds his arms and takes a deep breath after watching the videos. 
"We must find out who that guy is."
 
"Definitely," Yongguk agrees. "How about you Chanyeol, do you have any idea who that person is?"
 
Chanyeol wishes he knows. He shakes his head. "No. But I will not stop finding Baek."
 
Soon, they hire investigators to search for their missing friend. They also investigate the guy who escorted Baekhyun out of the hospital. But after a week, they don't get any progress. They still don't have any lead or even know places where the two might have gone to. Chanyeol only grew frustrated and disappointed at them. He tries to hire different people just to try again. Every minutes matter especially now that Baekhyun is dying. Chanyeol knows he can't just wait and sit down, he decides to do searching of his own. He asks every employee that was involved in the mountain project. But much to his dismay, he didn't get anything from him. He could ask Doojoon but his friends said he already went back to his hometown just after his work in the mountain finished.
After two months, Chanyeol has gone more depressed, making a bad result to his business. He only goes to the company four times a week and his secretary, Lay, cannot do anything about it because he knows Chanyeol will only ignore him even he tells the company is already in it's downhill. But Lay cannot blame the president, he understands how he feels having the love of his life missing for two months without any trace. 
 
After six months, Kyungsoo loses hope and gives up. It's already overdue the date the doctor told him when Baekhyun will pass away. The doctor said he could only live for five months. Chanyeol is completely devastated when Kyungsoo tells him.
 
"Let's face it, Chanyeol, there's a big possibility that Baek is already gone!" Kyungsoo shouts, slamming his fist on the couch. 
 
Chanyeol, of course, denies it. "How can you give up so easily? I know he's strong and he won't easily let the cancer beat him," he mutters.
 
"Stop torturing yourself, goddamn it. We all feel the same after Baekhyun ran away but come on, it's already six months and we never see a shadow of him. We will never see him."
 
"Say what you want, Kyungsoo. I'll never quit until I see him," Chanyeol grits, clenching his fists. Everyone already gave up except him. Kyungsoo needs to wake him up to reality that's why he's here in Chanyeol's house.
 
He sighs heavily before standing up from the couch. 
 
"You still have a life to live, Chanyeol. Don't waste it into a person that no longer exists. Baekhyun made his decision and we can't do anything about it. I'd been with him for more almost ten years, so the scar he left on me is as big as yours. So don't think you're the only one who's broken here. I'm saying this because I know you're stronger than me. If I can move on and stand up again, so you can. It hurts to let go, but sometimes it hurts more to hold on.”
 
After that, he head back to the door and leaves Chanyeol alone. The silence engulfs the room but Chanyeol still doesn't move a muscle. He's battling with himself in his mind, telling to listen to his friend’s advice no matter how it’s against his heart. 
 
He gives himself another long time to make up his mind.
 
 
After another month, Chanyeol wakes up to reality and stands up on his feet again. He calls Lay one morning that he's visiting the company. It made Lay happy and relieved. When Chanyeol sits on his chair after a month, it's when he realized that he had forgotten his own business, the only thing that he have. So, he did everything to fix his business the way on it's downhill. Keeping his pride, Chanyeol asked and pleaded Yongguk for help. Thankfully, Yongguk listens and sends his help instantly. And within five months, the Park inc. came back to life, standing on it's feet again, strong and independent. Chanyeol becomes more successful this time because of Yongguk’s help. That is also the result of Chanyeol and Yongguk's growing friendship.
Kyungsoo is still in the picture. He's still in touch with the two since he's Chanyeol's childhood friend. But this time Kyungsoo finally finds himself boyfriend. This guy is a member of the board of directors in Chanyeol's company. They met in the Park inc. building when Kyungsoo went to the receptionist to give the lunch he made for Chanyeol that the latter asked. Someone just approached the smaller male and asked him if he was working in the said company and Kyungsoo smiled at the handsome guy and shook his head, saying he's just a friend of the CEO. The two hang out later and had coffees in the near shop.
 
The director's name is Kim Jongin.
 
 
After 2 years
 
Chanyeol will hold the company's seventh anniversary in this year. But this celebration would be special for Chanyeol. He faced and struggled a lot in the past that mirrored his work and business. He felt like dying after Baekhyun's departure. But he's proud of himself that he gets through of all those disasters that came to him and his business immediately rose again. But of course, thanks to the help of his ex rival and friend, Bang Yongguk. Speaking of, Yongguk is no longer in the country, for he moved to Japan since a year ago for an urgent business trip. Everything falls onto it's right places. Chanyeol felt contented with every success he have. But one thing will always be missing in his heart.
 
Baekhyun.
 
No one does know where that guy is or if he even survived the cancer or not. But Chanyeol highly hopes Baekhyun is still alive and living happily. Even though he already moved on and gave up searching for the male, he still couldn't remove him from his heart. The scar is still there but Chanyeol never obtain any anger to the latter.
 
"Sir?"
 
Returning from his trance, he turns his head to the secretary. "What?"
 
Lay flashes a smile, as always. "Miss Jihyun is already here. She's waiting for you in the lobby."
 
Chanyeol's brows twitch up. "Oh, okay. I'll meet her there,” He stands up from his chair immediately. Lay nods and lets the CEO exit the room first before following him.
 
A smile instantly appears on his face once seeing his fiancé's figure in the lobby. 
 
Jihyun turns around, smiles and waves at his direction. 
 
Jihyun is his fiancé. She is lovely and kind. Many men would want a perfect girl like her, just like Chanyeol. She is independent that's what he likes about her most. When they met he immediately had a like to the girl so when her parents that happened to be his business friends suggested an arranged marriage, Chanyeol didn't have the heart to say no to the deal. He did it for his business. Plus, Jihyun has feelings for him. Even though Chanyeol never felt the same, he still wanted to marry her because she's wonderful enough to make a perfect wife. Chanyeol thinks he's ready to be married now and he needs a partner that's why he proposed to Jihyun as soon as he got blessings from her parents. Needless to say, Jihyun happily accepted his proposal and Chanyeol had his biggest smile that day.
 
"How's my beautiful fiancé?"
 
Jihyun smiles and kisses him. "Fine as always. So, have you eaten yet?"
 
"Nope. Just about to."
 
The girl creates a pout and playfully hits his arm. "I just told you not to eat late. I don't like you getting skinny again. I will come here every day just to remind you that."
 
Chanyeol chuckles and wraps his arm around her waist before kissing her rosy cheek."I know, love. I just keep forgetting it because you're always the one who's in my head."
 
Jihyun laughs. "Cheesy."
 
"But honestly, you need to improve your cooking skills more. How about you ask Kyungsoo to train you?"
 
Jihyun scoffs. "Are you saying I can't cook?
 
He shrugs. "I'm not saying anything."
 
"Whatever. Let's just go to the restaurant. I want to eat too," she says, taking Chanyeol's hand with hers and lead them outside the building. 
 
"Wait princess, why are you such in hurry?" He says as they reached the car. She seems excited going to that restaurant. "Are you that hungry?"
 
Jihyun turns around to face him and there's excitement beaming in her eyes. "I already found a wedding planner and she's perfect. We're gonna meet her as in now!"
 
"What?" Chanyeol widens his eyes. "B-but babe, I still have to go back to my office."
 
"I know. We're not yet gonna talk about the plans, silly. I just want you to meet her have a small talk, maybe."
 
Chanyeol sighs in relief and smiles again. "Okay, if that's it, let's go."
 
 
 
 
Two years ago
 
(The time when Baekhyun goes to Dr. Hyunwoo's hospital for check up)
 
Baekhyun wipes the remaining tears from his cheek with the napkin before throwing it in the bin. He just left Dr.Hyunwoo's hospital and he's suggestions were still useless and the same. Baekhyun was starting to lose hope.
 
Kyungsoo sent him a message to go home soon after the check up. He was heading back to the apartment when a guy with foodie bumped his shoulder. 
 
He turned and about to rant the guy when he quickly recognized the guy.
 
"Doojoon?"
 
The said guy removed his Hoodie and smiled. "Baek?"
 
Baekhyun smiled and happily embraced the other guy. Doojoon hugged back excitedly. Baekhyun winces when Doojoon hits one of his bruises.
 
The older quickly pulls back "Sorry."
 
"It's okay. They're going to soothe soon."
 
Doojoon's face turns into worry. "Oh my god, where did they came from? Don't tell me someone's harassing you-"
 
"No. Of course, no one," Baekhyun said. "Let's not talk about it, okay? I'm glad I see you here."
 
Doojoon smiled. "Yes. What a twist of fate." He chuckled, remembering something."I told you this day is going to happen. Now, where will we go?"
 
Baekhyun smiled. "There's a coffee shop near here."
 
They continued their conversation in the shop. Baekhyun tried his best to avoid the topic about his bruises as possible. He didn't want Doojoon to worry for him so he tried distracting him by telling some about his apartment and his best friend Kyungsoo. Thankfully Doojoon seemed to go with the flow and talked about his current jobs to the other.
 
After finishing his coffee, Baekhyun asked about Doojoon's plans he said back in the mountain before they leave. "I thought you were going back to Goyang?"
 
Doojoon's pursed his lips in a thin line, stirring his caramel coffee. "Well, I changed my mind and my parents no longer need me there. So, I’m staying here in Seoul as a photographer, my new racket, by the way."
 
"That's great."
 
"I might not gonna last here though," Doojoon admits sheepishly. "I'll go to Russia. I've got an invitation from this company...”
 
Baekhyun places his chin on his hands. "Really?"
 
"Yes. This guy emailed me and gives me opportunity to do a job there as a wedding photographer."
 
"That's great then!"
 
Doojoon nods, his lips and putting his cup down. "Now can we talk about..." his eyes move to his friend's arm that shows bruises."... About your forming bruises?"
 
Baekhyun bit his lip and turned his face away, avoiding Doojoon's gaze. "Well, since you're the only one who's still not informed, I guess I have to tell you now."
 
Doojoon raised a brow. "Strange."
 
"Do you remember the three misfortunes that I told you back in the mountain?" 
 
Doojoon thought for a second and nodded. "Yes, first was your brother's death... Second, your parents' death... But you didn't mention the last one."
 
Baekhyun sighed and looked down on the empty cup. "That's it."
 
Doojoon frowns in confusion, biting his nail. "What?"
 
"The third misfortune is..." Baekhyun finally looked at his eyes. "I'm dying... that's the third and last one."
 
Doojoon stopped breathing. "Oh... my God. Really? A-are you serious?"
 
Baekhyun nodded shyly. "I know... and Chanyeol doesn't know."
 
"Hell. You have to tell him," Doojoon said with shaky breath. He couldn't explain what he felt finding out his secret. He didn't want to believe it.
 
"I- I can't. This is not easy as what you think. I don't want to leave Chanyeol or worse, hurt his feelings."
 
"God... I'm so sorry, Baek," he muttered, down casted. He felt like crying. 
 
Baekhyun buries his face on his palms. Doojoon sighs."Don't tell me there's no cure for your disease."
 
Baekhyun's eyes are already turning red and watery. "My doctor said there is but I'm not giving any hope or waste time. But for me it's like far-fetched."
 
"Baek, are you silly? If that's your only chance then why not go for it?"
 
"Well this experiment is still not proven yet okay... and I'll be their next experiment and I don't like that. You see, there's an hospital lab in Russia where they're trying to make a cure for this kind of disease and it would take like a year or two to finish..." He sighs, running a hand over his ear. "But seriously I don't trust this. I can just stay here and wait for my time. I'm not afraid to die."
 
Doojoon sighs troubledly and looks down at his coffee for a second before looking back sternly at the brunet. "But you still have to try. Don't let your pessimism take over or nothing will happen."
 
Baekhyun quirks his lips, sniffling. "I'm still thinking twice though, whether I should go or not. You now I don't want to lie and leave Chanyeol again. Years take forever. He wouldn't take it."
 
"But you have to decide for the best. Think of it carefully before you make up your mind. Don't put the option off the table yet Baekhyun. Remember, you're doing it for Chanyeol."
 
Baekhyun nodded. He kept what his friend advised him mind. "Okay. Thanks, Doojoon."
 
 
 
 
(THE NIGHT BEFORE BAEKHYUN RAN AWAY)
 
 
Baekhyun quickly dialed Doojoon's number once he woke up using the hospital telephone. It was two am in the morning. He glanced at Chanyeol who was sleeping soundly on the sofa before switching his attention back to the phone.
 
"Doojoon, I need your help."
 
"Okay. So, you already changed your mind?" Doojoon's voice sounded hoarse.
 
"Yes. I'm going to Russia with you. My doctor already checked an appointment there and we will meet him in a few days. 
 
There was a pause on the other line. "So, what do you want me to do?"
 
Baekhyun his lips. "Look, I got in a chaste car accident and I'm here in the hospital. You have to get me out of here without anyone knowing. And if you don't mind, can I stay in your place?"
 
"Sure. No prob. But wait, what about Chanyeol, he's-- wait... Wait. Are you running away?"
 
Baekhyun bit his lip at the word. Yes, he's running away but with good intention. That's what he thought.
 
"Yes. Chanyeol is here and sleeping so you have to be careful more. I can only count on you right now. I'll wait for you."
 
"I don't know if this is a good idea but okay... Wait there. Just give me the address of hospital and number of the room you're in."
 
Baekhyun sighed and closed his phone. He was counting on Doojoon to get him out of the place without everyone's knowledge. He knew he's about to leave Kyungsoo, his bestfriend, Yongguk his friend and especially Chanyeol, his former lover and supposed to be fiancé. But he decided he didn't want them to suffer because of him anymore.
 
The guy he waited for several minutes finally came. Doojoon felt worried once seeing Baekhyun's state in a hospital gown. 
 
He handed Baekhyun his clothes and let him change in the restroom that was at the other side of the room.
 
 
"Are you sure you're alright?" Doojoon asked sternly once he returned from the restroom. "Do I have to carry you or lend a wheel chair or crutches?"
 
Baekhyun shook his head, zipping his jacket. "Yes. I can manage." He turned to his friend and offered a smile. "Let's go?"
 
Doojoon nodded and went to the door to open it but Baekhyun had a long time moving his feet from his position. He was looking down on Chanyeol with heavy chest. "I'm sorry, Chanyeol. Goodbye," he said before leaning down to give Chanyeol a kiss on the cheek.
 
 
"Are you sure of this, Baek?"
 
"Of course, hyung," Baekhyun answers with a confident smile.
 
"Good thing that you finally make up your mind."
 
"I don't want to upset my doctor since he already did a lot for me. This is the only thing I know to pay him for keeping up with me till the end. Aside from that... if they were here, my parents would be disappointed if refuse. So I decide I still want to give myself my chance."
 
The two males quickly turn around when they heard the upcoming voice approaching them. Baekhyun smiled when he saw who it was.
 
"Dr. Hyunwoo." Baekhyun embraces the doctor. He pulls away and happily introduced Doojoon to the doctor.
 
"This is Doojoon, my friend. Doojoon hyung, meet my doctor, Dr. Kim Hyunwoo."
 
"Nice to meet you. You're pretty young for a doctor," Doojoon comments.
 
The doctor chuckles in response, turning to his patient. "Well, I'm just here to see my long time patient to take the airplane." He sighed. "I'm so happy for you, Baek. Thank you that you listened to my advice. I really hope they can treat you."
 
"Thanks, doc... Um, can I ask you a favor?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"If ever Kyungsoo or anyone asks you where I go, can you please don't tell them..? I don't want anybody knows where I am." He lowers his eyes, feeling sadness from thinking of the people he will leave behind. "It's better if they erase me from their lives."
 
"Fine. We'll keep it a secret from them," The doctor replied sternly. "Okay, I won't tell anyone even if your boyfriend gets mad and torture me, I won't."
 
Baekhyun laughed and smiled gratefully. "Thank you for everything. Well, I guess I have to say goodbye now."
 
"Yes, goodbye, Baek." He reaches for the smaller and embraced him tightly for the last time."You can do it, Baek. I know you can."
 
 
Baekhyun cannot help but let the tears come out when waving a hand at his doctor as he made his way to the passage behind Doojoon. As he walked away, he felt sad how he realized everything and everyone that he'll be leaving behind.
 
As he took his first step on the plane, he made a promise before he leaves the country. 
 
"I'll come back for you, Soo."
 
 
 
(PRESENT TIME)
 
The couple arrives in the said restaurant only a few kilometers away from their company building. They meet their wedding organizer which also happens to be Jihyun's close friend. She is just their age which is good because she would know what exactly they will like.
 
"I'm Gayoon," she introduces herself.
 
Chanyeol smiles and shakes the wedding organizer's hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Park Chanyeol, her proud fiancé."
 
"You guys are a perfect couple!" She exclaims with wide smile. 
 
They also sit down at the table and start to talk. Gayoon tend to be quite loquacious and she talks to Chanyeol like they already know each other for a very long. Chanyeol likes her personality.  She talks about the designs, the place of the wedding and the theme of course. The girl obviously has many ideas and one day wasn't enough for her to say them all.
 
Jihyun praises her. "You're a natural wedding planner. Do you agree, Chanyeol?"
 
Chanyeol smiles. "Yeah. A girl like you should likely to get married with. You're smart and fun."
 
Gayoon blushes, smiling shyly. "Well, I have this cute boyfriend... and he's very cute."
 
The couple looks at each other with knowing looks. Jihyun forms a grin, nudging her friend's hand. "Really? Can we meet him sometime?"
 
"Of course." Gayoon clasps her hands in excitement. "You will see him more often if I start working with you because he likes to go wherever I am. You know, he's kinda protective and sweet... He's just perfect," she states dreamily, tilting her head to the chandelier above them.
 
"Well, I think he's just same as Chanyeol here is sweet and thoughtful too," Jihyun proudly says, holding on her fiancé's hand. Chanyeol smiles sweetly at her in return. "He thinks of someone else's sake before his. Wonderful, right?"
 
Gayoon nods, taking a sip of her tea. "I can see that it’s on his appearance though. But this man of mine wouldn't be judge by the appearance. I thought he was a bad boy at first and that's where I'm wrong. He's actually nice and sweet. Well, we met in Russia and we stayed there for a year before going back here. I'm sorry if I talked so much. I just always get excited talking about him."
 
Jihyun's eyes widened. "Wait? You've been in Russia?" Gayoon nodded. "Oh my God, that's awesome. I want to go there too someday. Promise me, Chanyeol, we'll get there!" he begged to her fiancé, clinging around his arm.
 
Chanyeol chuckled and kissed her nose. "Sure. After the wedding."
 
Gayoon smiled at the couple before her eyes turned to the door. Someone entered inside making the doorbell ding. Gayoon's eyes flashed, recognizing the person.
 
"Oh my god, he's here!" She yelled. "My boyfriend."
 
The couple turns to the door where the person just entered. The said guy searched for his girlfriend for a while before finding her in the table with two more people. 
 
The said guy excitedly walked toward the table where his girlfriend sits. But he stops on his track once seeing Park Chanyeol. His eyes turn wide and mouth ajar. He felt his nerves getting cold and stiff. It feels like he can't move his legs.
 
Chanyeol frowns and faintly squints his eyes until he recognizes who it is. He remembers that familiar smile that he always set whenever he trots. Chanyeol lets out a small chuckle.
 
"Doojoon?"
 
 
 

A/N: I know this chapter is another torture. ಥ_ಥ Please don't kill me.  Hope everything will be better  in the next chapter ^̮^

See ya next time. ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ