Waited So Long For Some Kind of Miracle

Beautiful Disaster

 

 

It's been two weeks since the last time he received gift from Baekhyun and Chanyeol doesn't feel any better. Everyday, he's always anxious to see any gift on his desk but never see anything but folders and papers. He wonders what possibly happened to Baek. He asks himself why Baekhyun suddenly stopped sending gifts to him. Did he already go to another place again? Wait, he won't think of leaving right?

 

Chanyeol furiously throws the pen to the wall before standing up from his chair.

 

Stop thinking negative things, you idiot, he mentally shouted to himself, looking at the sight below the building from the window. He wishes god to give any sign that Baekhyun will still come back to him. The door opens and Lay's voice booms in the room.

 

"Hey. Your birthday is already next week. What's your plan?"

 

"I don't know,' he replies droopily.

 

"We can have a small blow out party here. Sure the employees will gladly send you many gifts." He chuckles. "Since you're always eager for gifts."

 

"I only want that is from Baekhyun.”

 

"Speaking of, do you have any new information about that missing lover of yours?"

 

"None and that's what frustrates me the most. I don't know what going on to Baek now. I don't know why he suddenly stopped sending gifts here. Lay, my mind and heart won't rest until I finally know where he is."

 

"Man, if only I could help you. But don't let this stop you from celebrating in the day you were born."

 

"I can't promise you that since Baekhyun is my life, he's my joy, happiness and hope. I think I'd only be alive again when he returns into my arms."

 

"Just keep patient. It's just a matter of time before your wish comes true. There's no impossible thing for a yearning heart."

 

"I hope so."

 

Another pat from the secretary on his shoulder and he loosens up. "Come on, prez. We have a joyful night ahead."

 

 

 

 

On his birthday, Lay and the other employees hold a small party for him, filling his office with confetti. Each of them gives their greeting cards and gifts. Jongin and Kyungsoo present the cake with candles that he needs to blow. They sing a birthday song for him shortly blowing the candles.

 

Throughout the day he only wears a small smile since after all, his heart is still sick for missing the love of his life. The last person to attend tonight is Yongguk. He brought another bottle of wine came from Italy with him as he enters the office. He gently embraces his friend and greets him for his birthday, it maybe the fiftieth greeting he received this day.

 

"I'm sorry I arrived late. I had to pass a store to buy this Italian wine."

"Thanks."

 

Yongguk glances around and takes notice there's no one around by the two of them. He puts his hands in his pockets, watching Chanyeol pour the wine in the glasses.

 

"So I guess we're the only ones who are left here."

 

Chanyeol walks toward him and hands him the other glass. "Yeah. I only insist to stay here since... I don't have the mood to go home yet. You know, I'd rather stay here with the papers and the numbers in the laptop than go home and be lonely."

 

Yongguk grins. "You're lucky that I came then," he says before drinking the glass.

 

They both sit on the couch that is facing the window. Everything falls peacefully silent for a minute but they both admire it. It's only the brief moment Chanyeol could close his eyes and feel relaxed, feeling the liquor burn in throat.

 

"Wherever he is, I hope he doesn't forget your birthday," Yongguk suddenly utters, making the other open his eyes.

 

"How could he when we celebrated it for six years since we were twelve. He always gives me the best gift and that's one of the reasons I fell for him deeper. He always cared for me as if I was his only treasure." He sighs. "God, I miss all the moments we have during our birthdays. I remember giving him cute gifts during his birthdays like stuffed animals and small backpacks since he liked collecting them. And I always received a warm and tight hug from him... his hug that can only warm my heart. And his kiss... that is worth winning than any diamond or gold. It's always magical when I taste them. I easily forget the world behind us when our lips touched. Baekhyun was the only one I used to worship.....even till now that doesn't change."

 

"You know Chanyeol, you're not wrong with him. That's the same thing I felt when I realized that I already fell for him," Yongguk mutters softly. "Honestly, for me, he was the best thing that happened to my life. That's why I was lucky having him work for me even for a short period of time. I used to love him more than myself. I used to think of touching him... even kissing his angelic lips. And for that, forgive me... but I can't promise to regret them."

 

Chanyeol takes a sip from the glass and keeps his eyes straight on the window.

 

"You're only human and it's not your fault falling for Baek. But I suggest do not let me hear or know it again..." He turns to Yongguk with impassive look. "...or else it might just cloud my judgment to our friendship. So it's better if you don't."

 

Yongguk stays silent but and moves his eyes down on the ground. Another long silence occurs until Yongguk raises his head and sports a cheerful smile to his friend.

 

"I love you Chanyeol, not in a creepy way but seriously, your happiness is more important than mine. I only wish you to have it just like anyone else so I will appreciate me if you stop seeing me as a rival or foe."

 

"I don't see you as a rival," replies Chanyeol. "I used to— but those days are already over. We can only celebrate what we are now even though he's missing."

 

Yongguk sharpens his smile. "That's exactly what I wanted to hear from you." He empties his glass and puts it on the table before standing up. "Man, I feel my eyes getting damp. I must go to the restroom and sort this out."

 

Chanyeol chuckles, looking up at him. "Go then. No one's stopping you."

 

Yongguk playfully pinches his cheek.  "Don't sleep yet. We've got a lot to talk about the new project I'm telling you on the phone."

 

"Yeah. I know," Chanyeol replies, playing on the empty glass in his hand.

 

The office is silent again after the door closed. Chanyeol reaches for the bottle of wine and pour some in his glass again. He throws his head back on the couch and sighs heavily. God, he really wishes a miracle to happen at this moment. Even just this one night... please show him that there's hope.

 

He's about to close his eyes when his phone suddenly rung from his desk. Putting the glass down on the coffee table, he stands up and makes his way to the desk to get his phone. His brows meet, before putting the device against his ear.

 

"Jihyun," he greets.

 

"I hope it's not too late for greeting you a happy birthday."

 

Chanyeol smiles, rubbing his forehead. "No. It's still eleven thirty pm though."

 

"Great," Jihyun exclaims. "Happy Birthday!"

 

"Thanks."

 

"I have a present for you but I'm afraid I can't hand it to you myself so I asked your friend Yongguk to give it to you."

 

Chanyeol frowns. "The wine?"

 

"Huh? No. Did he give anything aside from the wine?

 

"Jihyun, I don't know what you're talking about."

 

"Wait I'll check the time... Oh. Never mind. I think Yongguk already gave you my gift."

 

"What is it?"

 

"He'll give it to you himself. Where is he anyway?"

 

Chanyeol sighs. "He's in the restroom right now. He's gonna come back in any second."

 

"Great. I have to hang up now," she chimes. "Happy birthday again."

 

Even though still confused with her, Chanyeol smiles. "Thank you. Bye."

 

He puts the phone back on the desk and at the same time, the door creaks open. Chanyeol is more than ready to pester Yongguk about the gift he's supposed to hand to him. But little does he know what will welcome his sight once turning around.

 

His smile fades in a heartbeat. The time goes in slow motion as Baekhyun begin taking his steps, holding a small chocolate cake with lit candles on his hands, wearing that smile that Chanyeol fell in love with.

 

Chanyeol on the other hand remains frozen stiff on his position, only watching the love of his life make his way towards him. But he doesn't deny the strong and fast beating of his heart inside his chest as Baekhyun comes nearer.

 

"Happy birthday to you~," the smaller male begins to sing. "Happy birthday....happy birthday."

 

He stops in front of the taller male, smile getting bigger. "Happy birthday, my love." He releases a soft giggle. "Blow the candles, baby."

 

However, Chanyeol remains staring at him with furrowed brows. But actually the giant is busy examining his face that is more beautiful and lively than the last time he took a glance on him. Baekhyun doesn't change even a bit except for his hair. He still has his stunning and glittering eyes, cute button nose, pale cheeks and his precious smile.

 

It took a while before he grants Baekhyun's request, blowing the lit candles but never dare to move his eyes from the other. Though he's still in state of disbelief.

 

"Good," Baekhyun whispers before gently putting the cake down on the nearby table.

 

If it's a dream, God, Chanyeol doesn't want to wake anymore. He doesn't want this surreal night to end now that his wish comes true... even just in dream.

 

Maybe it's not a dream because his chest hurts. People don't feel physical pain in their dreams right? His chest hurts from the weight of his emotion, making it harder for him to breathe. This might be real but Chanyeol is still sceptical.

 

"Pinch me. Am I dreaming?" he breathes out and it's not late before he realizes how dumb he sounded.

 

But Baekhyun grants his little wish nonetheless. He reaches for the taller's sleeve and playfully pinches him. "No. I don't think you're dreaming, Yeol."

 

And the president's nickname sounded perfect coming from his angelic lips. From the last two years, Chanyeol had seen himself having those lips against his in his dreams. But now, they're only inches apart from his reach.

 

Slowly and hesitantly, Chanyeol reaches for his face with his shaking hand. He almost let out a gasp once his fingers touch Baekhyun's soft cheek. Baekhyun emits a smile, giving the giant time to recover. Now he holds the side of his face, still the skin with his thumb. Apparently, Baekhyun is real. This is real.

 

"Chanyeol. Why are you hesitating?"

 

"I just can't believe y-you're already—" he stammers, tears already forming in the corner of his eyes. "Here."

 

"Well you can hold me more if you want."

 

Chanyeol didn't need to be told twice, he instantly pulls Baekhyun's small body closer to his by the nape and embraces him with his arms. God, he missed Baekhyun's warmth against his chest. Chanyeol shuts his eyes and tightens his embrace on his lover while tears already escape from his eyes.

 

"Baek," he cries his name tenderly. He hears Baekhyun hum softly in response. And when they pull apart, Baekhyun's eyes are also red and wet. Chanyeol holds him by the shoulders and rests his forehead against his. They keep like that for a silent minute, only listening to each other's breaths. Chanyeol waits for another minute to pass before lazily pulling back and damping his lips on Baekhyun's forehead. Baekhyun can't help the tears rolling down his cheeks. He looks up to Chanyeol with trembling lips before embracing him for the second time. He rests his head against the giant's chest, listening to the fast beating of his heart.

 

Despite the ache in his chest, Baekhyun still tries to speak. "I'm sorry that I let you waited for a very long time," he starts, wrapping his arms around the taller's waist. "As usual, I needed a lot of time to muster up enough courage to show up to you. And I guess I'm lucky enough you still welcome me here in your arms after... after running away from you. After all the pain I caused to you."

 

Chanyeol lets out a sigh and his hair. "Even how many times you crush my heart, it'll always mend and turns back to it's shape because of you. So go on, hurt me again, I will accept it."

 

"Yeol," he sobs, shaking his head. "I'm not gonna do that again. I can't take hurting the one I love so many times more than I should... that's why I thought of giving you to someone else that deserved you more."

 

"But I'm sure you realized how stupid that idea was."

 

"Yes," Baekhyun mumbles. "I know you will never be happy with her."

 

"Right. And tell me... who I want to spend my whole life forever with?"

 

"Me."

 

Chanyeol chuckles throatily. "That's right. But I hope you never forget who you belong to when you're away in Russia."

 

"Of course not," Baekhyun replies quickly. "I never looked on anyone else before or even after I got cured. You're the only one from the beginning... that I assure you," he says solemnly, burying his face onto his lover's broad chest.

 

"That's music to my ears then."

 

Chanyeol looks deeply in his eyes once they pulled back, admiring how they still looked the same. But he wonders if Baekhyun's lips still taste the same. Suddenly, he has the urge to touch them with his. He doesn't wait permission from Baek and impulsively claims his lips amorously. Thank God they still taste the same. The kiss was chaste yet both already feel the satiation having each other after a couple of years and Chanyeol can say that waiting is worth it.

 

 

They spend the rest of the night cuddling in the couch with the remaining wine and cake. Chanyeol doesn't let go of his body and kisses his cheek every now and then with Baekhyun talking about his life in Russia, all the fun times and struggles he had there without Chanyeol. Chanyeol on the other hand only remains listening to him. But he's satisfied when he heard the words that he loved to hear from Baekhyun.

 

"I will never go anywhere now that I'm finally home."

 

Yongguk didn't come back anymore so Chanyeol decides to go home with his lover. The ride to his condominium is silent and peaceful but both can feel the strong affection between them. Chanyeol only tells him a few about the company, Jihyun and the friendship he found with Yongguk. Baekhyun is ecstatic that they've become friends even when he's gone. He's thankful there were good things that happened to his lover when he wasn't around.

 

 

Once they reach his room, they both go straight to the bed and cuddle with each other again since they don't have much energy to move from exhaustion, especially Chanyeol that he spent the whole day celebrating with his friends and employees. Baekhyun doesn't complain when they already both what they wanted. To be together again. His love for Chanyeol is immeasurable just like the universe. In his presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but Baekhyun finds it quite content in just being in his arms, listening to the beating in his chest.

 

Chanyeol merely feels the same but he thinks his heart might burst from overflowing joy now that his love has returned. He concludes that Jihyun, Kyungsoo and Yongguk are right. He could only feel alive if Baekhyun is around. But never in his wildest dreams will he feel so happily alive he could die.

 

He feels Baekhyun's warm hand on his chest. Baekhyun tilts his head up to look at him, Chanyeol gifts him a smile in return. Smiling back, Baekhyun slightly shifts his body to reach his lover's lips. They kiss slow and passionately, deeply feeling each other's lips mold together. Both already familiar with each other kiss but they know they could never get used to it.

 

Baekhyun lets go of his lips and slowly pulls back with a smile.

 

"Good thing you don't forget how to kiss after two years," Chanyeol comments, wrapping his strong arm around the shorter's slim waist.

 

"I remember to do it by heart," Baekhyun replies, gazing intently on the other's eyes.

 

Chanyeol moves his hand to his lover's face and begins caressing his cheek and those soft lips with his thumb. Baekhyun releases a short giggle.

 

"Still can't believe that I'm here?"

 

"Can you blame me, baby?"

 

Chanyeol tries to touch his lover's small hand that is on his chest. But his fingers touch a rough thing on Baekhyun's finger. He holds his hand and looks on it. A smile forms on his lips, seeing the golden ring around his slender finger.

 

"You never remove this off, don't you?"

 

"How could I? I don't think I'd still exist if I wear this off... this, this is the only reminder of you that I have."

 

The symbol of their long and strong love. Chanyeol gently the ring and admires how it still looks the same over nine years.

 

Baekhyun leans down to kiss the corner of his mouth before putting his head back on his chest. He exhales and closes his eyes, enjoying the soothing touch of his boyfriend on his back. But God does it feel good it makes Baekhyun sleep peacefully.

 

"You should sleep now, Yeol. Don't worry I'm not gonna go anywhere when you wake up."

 

"I can't."

 

"It's already three in the morning. Dummy."

 

Chanyeol watches him yawn cutely before replying, "Nah. I'm fine sticking awake just lying beside you."

 

"Are you sure?" Baekhyun mumbles, his voice already sounding tired.

 

"Yeah," he breathes out. "You know I love watching you sleep."

 

Chanyeol kisses his forehead and pulls his lover's body closer to his. Baekhyun whispers good night to him and he returns it while the fringe on his temple. It's only a matter of time before Baekhyun eventually falls asleep. And still, his hand remains caged in the giant's hold.

 

Chanyeol doesn't find the need to sleep anymore because finally, reality is better than dreams.

 

 


a/n:

Um... what should I say?

I feel crying xxx. Someone hand me a tissue, ugh.

But seriously guys, don't think this will be the last. I'm gonna make a couple or more chapters after this. So yeah, you're gonna stuck with me for more chapters before we meet the end. Hurrah!

 

maraming salamat sa mga (thank u very much) subscribers!