We Know Where It Takes Us

Beautiful Disaster

 

Both team hike the mountain at six in the morning. Baekhyun skids on the rocky road with Doojoon behind him. He almost trips on one spot but thankfully, Doojoon holds him on the waist, saving him from the slip.

 

"That was close, Baek," the older chuckles, looking down at the smaller boy's sneaker shoes that arealready covered with dirt and mud.

 

"That's not funny." Baekhyun says, slightlycomplaining."Why does this place so rocky?"

 

"Of course, we're at the bottom of the mountain,"Doojoon answers with another laugh, still smiling at the shorter. "Stop complaining you know I told you to wear boots but you still have to wear those girly shoes, you diva," he comments, rolling his eyes before continuing to walk.

 

Baekhyun glares at his back before mocking asmile. "I hate you," he mutters but Doojoon onlyreturns it with another laugh. Doojoon thinks he’s just a cute guy worth laughing at.Baekhyun growls when he catches the elder still playing with him, he starts punching him playfully on the shoulder.

 

“Come on, Baek. Aim for my heart!” Doojoon jokes, pointing at his the part of his chest where his heart is.

 

"Hey." Mr. Bang calls before them and they both stand up quickly from the muddy ground.

 

"Baekhyun, we need you here. Walk faster," he commandsin a slightly serious tone like the strict boss that he is.

 

"Yes, sir," Baekhyun quickly obeyswith a little nod, walking a little faster while Doojoon trails behind him.Mr. Bang nods before turning back and walks away. His friend, Doojoonkeeps hismouth shut for a while until the president is gone. Baekhyun jabs his arm with a scowl for laughing.

 

"Why are you laughing?"

 

"Your boss is jealous, obviously," he utters lowly.

 

Baekhyun blushes instantly. How dare Doojoon say that? "W-what makes you think of that?!" he asks. His eyes wrinkling when the sun starts radiating on them.

 

"Don't you see how he looks at you often? He looks like undressing you with his eyes."Doojoon emits a smallteasing grin.

 

"What?"Baekhyun snapsand slapsDoojoon's arm for the sixth time. "You idiot, that's not true. You're disgusting."

 

Doojoon only slantshis lipsto the side before moving again."Come on, midget."

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. Now, he feelslazy to followthe others. The work is just really hard and physical activities are not Baekhyun forté. But he knew better he can't complain anything because he chose this job so he just follow them and endure the heat of the sun.

 

 

Once they arrive at the main camp, Mr. Bang's first priority was to approach Baekhyun. He's so worried over the latter.

 

"You okay?"

 

When Baekhyun's chest normally heaves again henods and answers"Yeah. I'm fine."

 

"Okay, let's start working!" Chanyeol's voice suddenly booms. All construction workers' attenton turns to him.

 

They start on breaking the remaining rocks and cutting the old trees on the foot of the mountain so they can start building a sturdy wall and barrier by the mountain. The workers prepare their tools before Chanyeol halts them to start breaking the rocks.

 

Ten minutes of examining the place, Mr. Bang has decided to tell the workers to start cutting the trees first. It would be better so they can clear more space for other trucks that will arrive tomorrow. Chanyeol sighs but then he agrees with the idea. “Do what you want," he says to the other president. He takes the plan from the table and just focuses on it.

 

After a minute, his eyes follow the midget walking towards Mr. Bang. Baekhyun stays on Mr. Bang's side as he assist the workers where to start. The president lets Baekhyun command the workers whatever he wants. Then Mr. Bang suddenly whispers somethingon Baekhyun's ear that Chanyeol doesn't want to know. Chanyeol frowns as he notice how intimate the two are. They're not shameless to display their affection with everybody. That .

 

Without knowing, Chanyeol tightens the grip on the paper he is holding.

 

"Sir, you’recrumpling the paper." One of his workers calls out and he quickly realizedthat he was practically crumpling the paper.

 

"." he fixes it but then he hears Baekhyun's melodious laugh again. It was so loud it can create an avalanche.

 

Chanyeol begins to get furious again. How furious can he get this day?

 

"Don't you think it will be much faster if we just blast off the trees?" he suddenly yells, earning Mr. Bang's attention and Baekhyun's as well.Unknowingly, his breathing stops when his eyes lock with Baekhyun's.

 

"That's so risky and besides if you don't know by now, that's illegal. Do you realizehow many innocent critters and birds would die?" Mr. Bang asks smugly. Baekhyun releases a low chuckle beside him.

 

Chanyeol remains silentin embarassment.That two are really starting to get on his nerves. Agitated, his eyesswingback and forth to the two. But soon, he gives up and scratches his head in utter annoyance before walking away without telling anybody. The other leader tries his best not to laugh while Baekhyun watches as Chanyeol left. He wonders how Chanyeol easily gets pissed. He's still the same guy he knew years ago.

 

Baekhyun looks around to see everybody busy with their job and he decides to follow the other president, without Mr. Bang's knowledge, who's already busy looking on some blueprints. He sneaks through the small spaces of trees where Chanyeol went.After squeezing his body throughthe pine trees, he sees Chanyeol kicking apebble and stops.

 

"They're already killing the animals. They're wrecking their homes! What an idiot..." Chanyeol mutters as he walksfurther to the undiscovered part of the mountain. Baekhyun follows suit behind him secretly.

 

Chanyeol assails another stone on the ground and he turns around, only to see Baekhyun standing near him. He almost stumbled down on the ground from surprise, making Baekhyun laugh.

 

"W-what are you doing here?" he shrieks with wide eyes. "Were you following me?"

 

Baekhyun scoffs. "No." He smiles a bit."I was just wandering around here just like you," he tells,but the other is still scowling at him.

 

"You're still a liar just like before."Chanyeol says with venom on his spit. Honestly, he didn't expect those words to come out from his mouth, they just came out. But Baekhyun deserves those words and they aren't that harsh, right?

 

Baekhyun doesn't seem looked hurt though. He was shocked at first but quickly recovered. Instead, he's smiling a bit. Chanyeol thinks it's fake.

 

"I know. I'm a body full of lies,"Baekhyun mutters and looks down on the ground plenty of stones. "You should know that by now."

 

Chanyeol only remainglaring at him. For the first time, he’s not lying."Go back to your work. They need you there."And he turns around again, not expecting any respond from the brunet. But then-

 

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun calls him again.

 

Chanyeol stops and cringes at that voice calling his name. His fists automatically turn into ball from anger. "Don't call me on my name," he whispers angrily.

 

But it didn't budge Baekhyun at all"I admit now, I get in this work just to get to see you," Baekhyun drops, making the scowlonthe other's face disappear as his face turns dead serious. "Y-you know it has something to do with past... a-and I'm here to set things right and beg for your forgiveness- which I failed to do seven years ago... I need to fix-"

 

"Go." Chanyeol cuts him, not bothering to finish what the brunet wanted to say. He merely didn't want to hereanother lie.

 

"But please-"

 

"SHUT YOUR DAMN TRAP AND GO!" Chanyeol yells furiously. Baekhyun gasps and closes his mouth. Chanyeol looks so mad and upset, his nostrils are flaring leaving Baekhyun no other choice but to leave. He left the place with tears running down his cheeks.

 

Thankfully, no one noticed his watery eyes when he arrived back at the camp. He directly goes inside to his and Doojoon's tent. He searches for his bag and took something inside. He pulls out a box and opens it.

 

Baekhyun's lips quickly form a smile once seeing the small ring that only remins him of their happy days with his ex seven years ago. But in the other hand, it also reminds him of the worst mistake that he did, rejecting the only one he loved.

 

He wished to go back in the past where he and Chanyeol were on the rooftop...  and change what he answered. Change what he had done wrong.

 

Baekhyun clasps his hands tight around the silver ring asthe tears slowly come out of his eyes again.

 

"I'll never stop until I mend your broken heart... Yeol,"he whispers wishfully as he let the tears continue to slide down on his cheeks.

 

After some minutes,he hears a voice calling his name outside. He wipeshis damp cheeks with his fingers before shoving the box inside his bag and leaving the tent. Doojoon's face surprises him as hecomes out of the tent. The elder has his usual smile on his face.

 

"Hey, Baekhyun. I'm just gonna ask you something." Doojoon asks a bit sheepishly.

 

"What is it?"

 

"If you're not busy, can you join me tour around the mountain?" he asks, gesturing with a hand. "If that's fine with you, of course. I just like to explore around here, is all."

 

Baekhyun hums. "Sure. I see no harm walking around with you," he jokes.

 

The elder instantly smiled in excitement. "Yes! That's great. Thank you, Baek I promise you, we will never get lost!"His armshug the smaller's body in too much excitement.

 

Baekhyun chuckles. "Of course, we won't. We have a map remember?"

 

"Oh- yes!" Doojoon exclaims.

 

"But let's go home after two hours, okay?"Doojoon nods his head ad they both walk out of the tent. He doesn't know why but he just couldnt stop himself from smiling or grinning whenever Baekhyun is around. And then he feels this odd feeling that he doesn't feel around other men. He feels a bit protective and much caring when it comes to Baekhyun.

 

But he surely knows that Baekhyun came from heaven and was destined to make him happy.

 

 

 

 

 

=§=§=§=FLASHBACK=§=§=

 

 

 

Baekhyun approached him with his arms on his back. "Chanyeol, what are you drawing?"

 

Chanyeol swiftly covered his paper with his small hands. He began to blush and nervous. "Uh-um nothing. Nothing!"

 

Baekhyun formed a knowing smirk. "Then why are you hiding it?"

 

Chanyeol bit his lip. "I said it's nothing! It's terrible. I don't want you to see it." Oh, how wished the God's up there to make Baekhyun disappear from his side.

 

"But I want to see your drawing!" Baekhyun whined and pouted, acting hurt. "I swear I'm not going to judge it, don't you trust me?"

 

Of course, I trust you. I trust you with all my heart. Chanyeol stared at his pouty lips before shaking his head. "I'm sorry, Baek. Just leave it alone. J-just mind your own drawing." he snapped at the smaller boy but then he quickly regretted it when he saw the sad look on Baekhyun's face. He slowly released his hold on the paper but then Baekhyun's fast hand slipped past and grabbed the paper before he ran away.

 

"Baekhyun!"Chanyeol screamed, his face was already red.

 

Baekhyun excitedly turn the paper to see the drawing but his face fell down once he saw and read the contents of the paper. He stopped from running. Chanyeol finally caught up and grabbed his paper back from his friend. His face looked angry while Baekhyun's was deadpan.

 

"Don't you do that, again!" Chanyeol cried, fumbling with his paper. But then his face quickly went back to red when he saw Baekhyun's reaction.

 

"Um-" he started but Baekhyun cut him.

 

"Is that true?" he asked, almost whisperly. "You love me that much?"

 

Chanyeol stuttered. He felt like something clogged in his throat that he couldn't make it to speak properly. "I- I didn't- I didn't mean t- to... I'm sorry, Baek. I- I love you since the day we met." Chanyeol confessed and lowered his head in embarrassment.

 

He expected Baekhyun to run away or shout at him but then he felt a hand on his should. He slowly looked up and witnessed Baekhyun's illuminated smile that is so blinding more than the sun. Chanyeol was so glad it directed only to him. Only to him.

 

Then he heard Baekhyun chuckle. "What are you ashamed of? Don't hide your face."

 

Chanyeol slowly fixed his posture again. "Um. You're not mad?"

 

Baekhyun laughed again. "Idiot, why would I be mad at you?” he said. “In fact, I'm so glad that one of my friends is in love with me... Because you know Chanyeol-" he paused, looking down sheepishly. Chanyeol furrowed his brows as he saw Baekhyun blushing. The he looked up again. "I'm in love with you, too."

 

That was the second time Chanyeol felt the world suddenly stopped rotating from it's axis. The people and everything around stopped from moving. The swing stopped swinging and the leaves froze from dancing in the wind.

 

Baekhyun's speech affected him so much. Baekhyun said those words beautifully but not as beautiful as himself. Chanyeol wanted to kiss him right there even though they were just both twelve years old.

 

"Good then." Chanyeol whispered with a smile.

 

"Yes." Baekhyun agreed.

 

Chanyeol nervously took the smaller's hand with his before he asked. "So, will you be mine?"

 

Baekhyun laughed but he stopped when he noted Chanyeol's hurt reaction. "But we're still young. I think you should ask me again when we we're both older."

 

"Like seventeen?" Chanyeol suggested.

 

"Yeah. Seventeen... Five years from now, ask me again and I promise... I will say yes."

 

Chanyeol beamed a wide smile. "Really?"

 

"Of course, I will always say yes to you no matter what." Baekhyun promised.

 

 


A/N:

 

I'm sorry for the very very late update. I was too busy writing some godforsaken essays for the finals..

Sorry again...