Find Out What Went Wrong

Beautiful Disaster

 

 

Six days... six days have passed already and Chanyeol has only one day left to make his plan a success. Great. But if he fails, well... he can still move the due date of his plan "how to get rid of the midget in the project" anyway.

 

But the problem is Yongguk. He don't really need Baekhyun but that bastard likes Baekhyun so much that he wants Baekhyun on his side twenty-four/seven. Chanyeol won't say he's jealous but he rather let Mr. Bang get ruined by Baekhyun as well. His rival deserves that anyway, little did he know, he's so unfortunate with his new director. That's what Chanyeol thinks and assumes.

 

But back to plan, Chanyeol needs to remember of Baekhyun's weaknesses that will make Mr. Bang take him back home. They have already cleared the trees and rocks below the mountain so they just need to climb the mountain to inspect more damaged trees. This is needed to make sure all areas at the bottom of the mountain are safe for their project. This is going to be a bit dangerous for a puny like Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol thinks he wouldn't last long for all he knows, Baekhyun easily gets tired and gives up immediately. Sure, Mr. Bang wouldn't have any choice but to let him stay the camp for being useless again. Okay, maybe that's a better plan.

 

Chanyeol comes out of his tent to assign the workers who's going with him up if the mountain. He chooses Doojoon of course, so Baekhyun won't have his precious friend's company while he's left here. He also chose Youngjae and Gyujong, one of his best workers.

 

"You guys come with me along with Mr. Bang's people." Then he turns to Mr. Bang. "Did you already pick from your men who's gonna come with you? I've got to tell you it's going to be risky and we don't need scrawny guys with us."

 

Mr. Bang nods, turning his head towards Baekhyun who's busy fixing his bag before turning his head back to Chanyeol. "Yeah. I picked three. Jihoon, Hyogil and Baekhyun."

 

Chanyeol's face falls down. "Why on earth would you take him with us? I don't even think he will last that long. He will just slow us down and the project-"

 

"Chiil." Mr. Bang reassures him. But Chanyeol looks going to burst in any second. "We need him. He has the map, don't you remember? He knows exactly where we will go." Chanyeol's jaw dropped.

 

"Baekhyun, are you done?" he asks patiently.

 

Baekhyun swings his backpack on his shoulder. "Yes, sir." he says excitedly.

 

Chanyeol scowls and it even gets worse when he hears Doojoon's happy shout. "Yes, Baekhyun's coming!" Chanyeol grunts before walking out, making his people follow him forcedly. He almost bumps with Doojoon at the process.

 

 

 

 

The whole trip to the mountain, Baekhyun leads the way while Yongguk's on his side, assisting him while Chanyeol and the others follow behind them. Chanyeol's scowl never leave while watching the two interact so close to each other. Doojoon and the others begin to notice his mood.

 

"Sir, are you alright?" Gyujong asked.

 

Chanyeol didn't answer, still watching Baekhyun and Yongguk talking. That's when Doojoon realizes that maybe, just maybe he's jealous at the moment. He knows everything about the two's past because Baekhyun told him when they were in the lake yesterday.

 

"Just leave him." Doojoon tells Gyujong as their boss continue to ignore them.

 

 

 

They are in the middle part of the mountain and they noticed one of them already looking tired and exhausted. Chanyeol scoffs as the smaller sits on the log to take a rest. Of course, he knows Baekhyun wouldn't last long. Then the freaking Yongguk comes for his rescue.

 

"You tired?"

 

Baekhyun nods, a bit embarrassed. "I'm sorry, sir."

 

"No, it's fine. You can rest all you can. We will take a break here," Mr. Bang says assuringly.

 

 

 

After some hours, they reached the upper part of the mountain just as the night falls. They built fire and fix food for dinner. Yongguk and the others rest in front of the bonfire while Chanyeol chose to be somewhere.

 

The rest of the night was silent and dim just like what Baekhyun was feeling at the moment. Doojoon is the only one who noticed his mood so just like what other friends do, he approached Baekhyun to the log he was sitting and gave the silent brunet some food.

 

"Thanks." Baekhyun says and he smiles.

 

Doojoon sits not so graceful beside him. "So, when will you tell him?" he asks out of the blue.

 

Baekhyun pauses and stops stirring his food. "I don't know," he answers, looking at the fire.

 

"You should see how he looked between you and Yongguk. So clear that he's  swimming in jealousy.. like he's going to burst."

 

With that, Baekhyun lets out a small breath. He shakes his head. "Do you think he will forgive me?"

 

"Of course, he will. He's not that coldhearted, is he?"

 

"But I'm the one who turned his heart into ice. It's all my fault... Everything's my fault and I'm paying all of it."

 

The other frowned, folding his arms over his knees. "Don't give up, Baek. You should finish your goal before this project ends."

 

Baekhyun nods and turns to him. "You're right. Thanks for giving me motive, hyung. I really appreciate your help."

 

"It's okay. I thought you really need one." Doojoon says to him with a friendly smile.

 

"I think I have to find that giant now." So he stands up.

 

"That's the spirit, Baek!"

 

 

 

Baekhyun looked around the forest to find the president. It wasn't that hard though, the trees were old and big but he still can find clear ways.

 

After some minutes of searching, he still couldn’t find the giant. He sighed and gave up, thought the others were already finding him. He turned around and almost jumped when he sees Chanyeol towering just before him.

 

"What the-"

 

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"I- I-" Baekhyun began fumbling with his fingers.

 

"I get it." Chanyeol cuts in. "You're searching for me, aren't you?" Baekhyun doesn't respond and Chanyeol continues. "You will still try to explain s to me and try to apologize... am I close?"

 

Baekhyun looks up at him sternly. "I'm not saying any lie to you."

 

"Cut the bull crap, . You're just here to spend your lovey dovey with your boyfriend who happens to be your own boss." Chanyeol says smugly. "I ain't saying you're a gold digger-"

 

"Gold-digger?"  Baekhyun cries. "He's not even my boyfriend from the first place! Remember I just got in his company because you rejected me in your company without any ing reasons." Baekhyun counters with anger.

 

Chanyeol crossed his arms and scoffed. "You should known that I wouldn't hire you, right? You owe me... but what made me wonder most was that of all other companies, why did you choose him? I don't think you don't know that he's my long time rival. Did you really do that on purpose?"

 

Baekhyun's brows furrowed deeper at the accusation. "My friend suggested his company and I gave it a try then I got hired."

 

But Chanyeol was not amused at his answer and scowled even more. "Did you do anything indecent so he could hire y-"

 

A slap came across his face which made him stop from his words. When he looked down, his dreadful eyes met Baekhyun's teary ones.

 

"I'm not what you think, Chanyeol. I would never sell my body for anybody and you know that." Baekhyun said in such a flinty tone. Chanyeol crossed the line and he wouldn't let it pass. And to think that those mean words came out of Chanyeol, of aall people, it hurt him badly.

 

But Chanyeol on the other hand is stubborn to believe anything he says "What's the matter? So you're saying you were not a ? But you already found someone else after we broke up and you left."

 

"What?!" Baekhyun cried, his voice was cracking. "Where the hell did you get that?! You're the last ing person that I dated-"

 

"-then who's that ing guy you were within that parlor?!" Chanyeol cries, making Baekhyun stop. "I ing searched for you nonstop after you just ing left me behind without telling me only to find out that you're already dating somebody else... I saw it with my own eyes... You were talking with a guy who I think was way older than you at that ing coffee parlor in Gangnam."

 

Baekhyun flinches once he gets what Chanyeol is talking about. It was the business guy he talked to for his brother's funeral. Baekhyun sighs as he let Chanyeol scream at him. He only closes his eyes.

 

"Tell me, Baek. Will you still lie after you've just been caught?" Chanyeol's voice is already rough and tears are treatening to come out from his eyes but he doesn't stop.

 

Baekhyun opens his eyes again ad slowly looks up at the giant. "Park Chanyeol, listen..."

 

"Don't feed me with any ing lies again, Byun! I'm done-"

 

"Will you just ing listen?!" Baekhyun shouts, making the taller freeze and stare at him before he continues.

 

"My Dad urgently called me to go to Gangnam for my brother so I hadn't any chance to tell you that I was leaving... once I get there, my brother was already fighting for his life and we didn't think he will pass any kemotherapies even... So I stayed there, waiting until my brother is okay again but then he didn't last any longer..." a tear escaped from his eye and he quickly wipes it. "Yoonhyung died seven years ago, Chanyeol... He didn't survive the cancer..." he looks up to see Chanyeol's reaction but it's so blank and he can't read it. Yoonhyung became Chanyeol's close friend and the younger had been idolizing Chanyeol since they met.

 

"My parents were so devastated at that moment, even I was... for a moment... I figured they were still not moving on s-so, I decided to plan for my brother's funeral myself. That guy I was talking in that coffee parlor was one of our family's friends and he wanted me to help with Yoonhyung's funeral so we talked about it and told me that he will pay for every expense for the funeral...  a little help for my family. That's it."

 

After explaining everything true, Chanyeol remains unspoken so Baekhyun speaks again. "A-and about the rejection part..." he sighs, not thinking how Chanyeol will react to his words. Like he cared anymore. "I rejected you because I was so shocked and confused at that moment... I also thought that we were so young and I can't- I can't marry you in an early age. I- I still have plans for my family, you know? You know we were so having a financial problem... I-it's not that I doubted that you can feed us both but... I'm so sorry, Chanyeol. I was so stupid and I didn't know why I d-did that... I regret everything I did to you, I swear!" Baekhyun started crying and bows his head, letting Chanyeol watch him break down.

 

Chanyeol finally makes a move and wraps his two arms around the smaller's figure. Baekhyun is shocked at first but he doesn't care anymore. He just let his tears fall down and cry against the giant's chest.

 

 

 

°~°~°~FLASHBACk~°~°~°

 

 

It's been three years since Chanyeol's confession and their friendship was just the same as before. Still tight like an elastic band.

 

Sehun and Joonmyun were still oblivious at the two's relationship though. They think the two were just much closer to each other than to the other club members.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun decided to surprise them when they reach seventeen.

 

They both knew that they already belong to each other even though Chanyeol still haven't asked him out yet. They were still not officially dating that's why it irritates Chanyeol a lot when some other guys silently flirting with his soon-to-be boyfriend.

 

It happens one afternoon in the cafeteria. Some guy just appeared from nowhere and came to Baekhyun to sweet talk to him like Sehun and Chanyeol don't exist beside them.

 

"You know, I've been idolizing your masterpiece and all, I need a tutor for my upcoming art projects. So Byun will you give me your number so we can have some time to talk?" The guy with glasses asked with a smile. Chanyeol's fists quickly turned into tight balls while Sehun just stood there, watching the two converse.

 

Baekhyun smiled back and nodded his head.  "Thank you. I'm glad that you like my art. I'm suggesting you join our club."

 

"No!" Chanyeol quickly rejected. Sehun and the other boy were the most surprised by his sudden outburst. The latter crossed his arms over his chest, looking at the taller male judgingly.

 

Chanyeol sighed. "We don't need another member in our club. We already have enough, Baek." Then he turned to the guy, sending him a slight glare. "Plus, we don't need a guy who pretends to love art just to get in the other's pants."

 

The senior guy's look stiffened and titled his head to the side. "You have guts to intimidate me, huh?"

 

"N-no. You two, don't fight here. No fighting!" Baekhyun announced before even a fight starts. Then he turned to Chanyeol and leaned closer to his ear. "You know I won't let him have my number, right?"

 

Chanyeol's scowl faded as he gazed down on the smaller. "Yeah?"

 

Baekhyun hummed and nodded. "No need to get jealous... You know I'll be yours."

 

The guy looked at the two with disappointment on his face. He huffed and just walked out in defeat.