When You're Making All The Same Mistake

Beautiful Disaster

 

 

 

Chanyeol wakes up with throbbing head, thanks to the large amounts of random drinks he had last night. He grumbles under his breath, putting his head down on both of his hands. He waits for some minutes to gain even a bit of soberness. The ache slowly wearing off but it took him a lot of silent minutes to have the energy to get up from the bed. Putting on his slippers, he makes his way to the bathroom. His raven hair sticking up to different directions.

After doing his business in the bathroom, he goes to the large closet and picks the shirt and suit that he will be wearing for the day. As usual, it takes him half a minute to dress up and fix his hair. A small grin appears on his face, looking at himself in the mirror, satisfied with his self-made look.

 After this, he goes to the kitchen and opens the fridge. He takes whatever he find attractive to eat for breakfast. He decides, he kind of likes to have sunny side-up egg but since he doesn't have enough time to cook, he only settles for a toast with cheese butter and cranberry juice for today.

While having his breakfast, he begins checking his emails and reports on his phone. His tongue runs over his lip after taking a small sip of the juice as he stealthily check Kyungsoo's account on the social website they all use. He's just eerie to see if there's any status, post or photos related to Baekhyun, so it's not stalking. He tells himself.

But much to his disappointment, he sees none. He tosses his phone on the next chair before continuing to finish his toast. He only saw posts and photos about Kyungsoo and his lover being disgustingly sweet with each other. At one recent post, Kyungsoo is tagged on his boyfriend's post with Jongin telling the world that they are gonna have a movie date tonight. Chanyeol would almost admit that he's pretty envious with the two and how perfect and strong their love is. Almost.

 

Never in a million years would he have this kind of thing even if he wanted to. It is completely a shot in the dark.

 

Mr. Wang, his personal driver greets him with his usual goofy smile just as he exit the building. Chanyeol courteously returns the nice greeting before hopping in his car. Mr. Wang isn't much talkative unlike his past drivers and he likes it this way. Just calm and silent. He doesn't need to communicate with him verbally just to know how kind and friendly the older man is. The latter's nice greetings to him and his passion to his job says it all.

 

Chanyeol looks at the window, watching everything go vivid and fast until they pass the small jewellery store that he used to visit.

His eyes follow the said store, making his head slightly turn until it doesn't reach his sight. He turns back to the front, glancing at the driver through the mirror. He inhales deeply, mindlessly the ring on his finger, one of his habits. But then his brows knit, feeling a different sensation on the pad of his fingers. The ring he's kind of feels rough and just plainly different. He couldn't help but look down to see the ring and oh, he realizes... It's actually his engagement ring with Jihyun. It's not the one that he used to propose to Baekhyun for the second time at the tower that he had kept around his finger for two years. He only replaced it with the engagement ring months ago. But still, he remembers how smooth, slender, perfect the ring was. He admired the ring so he kept it but now it's only hidden under his closet, along with the old stuffs he essentially keeps. Just like he did to the beautiful memories he had with his first love.

 

And now he's viewing the paper that should be signed before tomorrow morning, his other hand holding a glass of vodka. He was in the middle of signing the last paper when several knocks came from the door. Before he could permit the person to enter, the door was already being opened and his none other than secretary, Lay entered the room holding more papers for him to sign.

 

"Hey, prez." Then he dropped the stack of paper on the side of the president's desk. "So, how's it going?"

 

"What do you mean? Can't you see, I was just about to finish signing until you came. You really are a killjoy, Lay."

 

Letting out a throaty chuckle, the secretary takes a seat across him. "No, I mean, how's going with your search for you know, first love?" He emphasizes the last phrase, wriggling his brows teasingly.

 

"Now that you remind me, I think I need to find to Doojoon too and see if he can help me find Baekhyun since they used to live together."

 

"I'm not on the right place to ask this sir, but why are you so eager to find him?"

 

Chanyeol faintly laughs, folding his arms. "What kind of question is that?"

 

"I mean, what does gonna happen after you found him?"

 

"Of course, I'm gonna ask everything from him. I just want  the answers to come from how why he had to run away and leave me again."

 

"I know that, prez. But aside from that?" Lay continued to ask, slightly shifting on his chair. "Are you just going to let go of him or what?"

 

There's a brief silence and either of the two already know how the president is having a hard time processing the question. But Chanyeol still has to answer his secretary's simple quetion.

 

"You know I have Jihyun, right?"

 

"I understand if she's the one who's keeping you from admitting that you still have feelings for Baek... but think about it. Think about it, Yeol. You and Jihyun will both get hurt if you continue to be rational. You're just gonna fool Jihyun and yourself if you still married her instead of Baekhyun."

 

"So, what do you want me to do?" Chanyeol asked, raising his voice in a domineering manner. "Break the engagement off with her just because someone from the past has come back and tries to reach with me. Don't you think that's kind of immature of me?"

 

"Whatever you wanna call it but you're gonna make another mistake if you choose Jihyun over Baekhyun." Chanyeol loses his frown as he continue to listen to other's opinion. "I know for the fact that you only let yourself be engaged to the daughter of your business partner because you didn't have any choice, you thought you would never get the chance to be with the one you really love but now that Baekhyun's back, shouldn't you be breaking the engagement off now since it's already pointless?"

 

"Are you insane? I'm considering Jihyun's feelings here. Do you think I'm so heartless to let her get hurt?"

 

"With all due respect, you're gonna hurt Baekhyun too!" Lay exclaims, matching the tone the president has just used. Chanyeol on the other hand falls silent again. He doesn't like being defeated by the other male but damn it, they're talking about Baekhyun here.

 

"It's already been said a lot of time but please, listen to your heart," Lay says softly, making the president look at him in the eyes again. "You two are my great friends and I will terribly fell about if I didn't do any help to bring you guys back together. Forget about the miss, you don't owe her or her family. I even think she will understand since she knows you don't have any feelings for her even from the start."

 

"Lay, you're not wrong but... we're not even sure if Baekhyun really wants to get back with me." He says shyly and lowly, almost like a whisper.

 

With this, Lay chuckles. "God, are you really still asking for that?" Then he slowly gets up from the chair, the president following his gaze. Lay fixes the front of his suit and sighs. "If I were you, I would not hesitate to get him back once I find him. This is what you want to hear from me, right?" He emits a kind smile. "You're doing the right thing if you choose to listen to your heart, how simple is that?"

 

Chanyeol watch as the secretary march back to the door with blank expression. Lay gives him one last encouraging smile before closing the door, leaving him alone. Chanyeol lets out a heavy sigh and leans back on his chair. Lay is right, everything he said was right. He still has feelings for Baekhyun, and if there's no Jihyun existing at this moment, he would definitely try another chance with Baekhyun again, that's the obvious fact. But the thing he isn't sure about is if he can break Jihyun's heart if the time comes where he has to choose between the two. A big part of him wants to choose Baekhyun but the very thing that is holding back is his conscience. He can't afford to have Jihyun hurt just for his selfishness. He never want to hurt her when all she showed him were kindness and pure love that came straight from her hurt. Just from thinking that he's about to break her heart already makes him feel a pang in the chest.

 

He rubs his forehead for the umpteenth time, not from stress but frustration, that familiar frustration that gushes through him whenever he think of the missing person in his life.

 

And then his eyes fall down on the ring around his finger. His brows wrinkles as he the precious metal, ignoring the tight feeling in his chest. Is there really such thing as fate?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin sighs exasperatedly and rubs his temple for the umpteenth time. Chanyeol silently forced him to stay in the conference room after the meeting with the board members to interrogate him about Kyungsoo.

 

"For the twentieth time, Kyungsoo doesn't know where Baekhyun lives. And if he does-- I don't know but I'm sure he won't tell you," Jongin explains, gesticulating with his hands. Seriously, he wants to get out of the chair now. Kyungsoo is waiting for him and he surely knows what will be the result if he makes Kyungsoo wait.

 

"You're not lying?"

 

"Yes," the tan male calmly answers. "Baekhyun is the one who does the visit to our place that's why we get to see him sometime. He never mention about his place or where he resides."

 

"Please, any hint or places where I could see a glimpse of him," Chanyeol asks, sounding little bit desperate. In no time, he's going to slam his hands on the long wooden table. "Jongin. I'm begging you."

 

The said male blows raspberry, fingers tapping on the chair's armrest. "Look, I'm sorry pal. Even how much you beg, I can spill no information to you about that Baekhyun guy again. But you know what? Why don't just respect his privacy? I mean, it's obvious that he doesn't want you to find him."

 

"Then why is he sending cakes and gifts to me?" Chanyeol demands with raised brows. "I'm sure he's trying to reach me out. I just don't understand why he still has to hide from me."

 

Jongin sighs but mentally, he's thinking of ways to get out of the room. Dashing to the door like Quicksilver is a good option so far. If only he could do that. "I'm not opposing to your ideas but I think Baekhyun is just sending you these gifts to give you a sign that he's doing fine. That there's nothing to worry about."

 

The president only deadpans at him.

 

"Seriously, Yeol. I have to go now. You can't keep me here forever. You don't have any idea how it's like to deal with frenzied Soo."

 

Jongin tries to get up but the other quickly holds his shoulders and pushes him back on the chair. He glares at Chanyeol.

 

"What is wrong with you?" Jongin howls, giving him an incredulous look.

 

"That's it. I can ask Kyungsoo myself and I won't stop until he spills the beans to me."

 

With that, Jongin scoffs, folding his arms across his chest. "What? You're going to lock him in this room and interrogate him just like how you're doing to me right now? What makes you think I can guarantee that?"

 

Before Chanyeol can respond back with a cocky reply, the door swings open. Lay appears. "Sir, miss Jihyun demands a meeting with you."

 

Jongin forms a smirk while Chanyeol contemplates for a minute. He gives up and sighs in defeat, distancing himself from the director. "Fine. Where is she?"

 

"Oh she's already coming here."

 

"In that case, I can no longer stay here," Jongin claims, standing up from the chair with a gleeful smile. "I'll bid you adieu for now, Yeol."

 

Chanyeol frowns. "We are not done, yet."

 

"Oh, you're just wasting your time, friend. You will not get anything from me," Jongin says, putting his hands in his pockets as he follow after Lay outside. "Bye!"

 

Chanyeol takes a deep breath and runs a hand over his face. Before he knows it, the door gets opened again but his fiancée barges in this time. Quickly, Chanyeol sets his usual and sweet smile, approaching Jihyun. He kisses her on the cheek and holds her hand to lead her to one of the chairs.

 

"Do you need something, baby? I know I've been busy this past few days and I'm terribly sorry for that."

 

"It's OK, Chanyeol. But I need to tell you something important."

 

He smiles. "Is it about the wedding? Do you fancy any ideas? Do you want me to call Gayoon so she can assist us--"

 

"No. No. It's not about the wedding plans."

 

"Then tell me, what is it?"

 

Jihyun looks down on their laced hands and she can't help but form a weak smile before gently pulling her hand from his hold. This catches Chanyeol off guard but he doesn't know the problem is more than he expected.

 

"Yeol. Let's cancel the engagement."

 

"What?"

 

Jihyun smiles. "I'm serious. We need to free ourselves from each other now."

 

He stares at her for a while like he’s still processing what she said in his head. "W-what? I'm confused. I can't understand you, Jihyun. Is there a problem? Why is this all of a sudden? Why did you change your mind?"

 

She lowers her head a bit and chuckles. “I’m doing this for you because I want you to be happy.”

 

He only frowns deeper. Chanyeol doesn't know what to feel that he's the reason. “What do you mean?”

 

“I want you to marry the one you really love and we both know that’s not me.”

 

“Jihyun.” He reaches for her hand and holds it gently.

 

Jihyun remains silent although the tears are trying to bursts from her eyes. Her chest feels heavy and dry from the sadness seeping in her heart, though she wouldn’t tell Chanyeol about this. “I found out that the person you actually loved more than anything has already returned. Honey, I want you to chase him. You’re supposed to be with him because he has your heart all this time.” She smiles but the tears start to roll down on her cheeks. “I need to let you go before we even get married and make things more complicated. Please go after him and marry him.” Even though how much my heart craves for you… but I have no match for Baekhyun.

 

“I’m so sorry, Jihyun. But don’t ever think I just used or something.” He pauses, looking in her glistening eyes. “I truly love you but…” she nods her head. “…the love I have for him is different from you.”

 

“I know, I understand. I just want you to be happy again so you need to win him back.”

 

Chanyeol smiles. “Yes. I’ll definitely try my best.”

 

“Good luck.”

 

He leans closer to embrace her gently just how the first time they met. Jihyun finds a way to smile despite the ache in her heart. She believes he will find what he’s been looking for on the person he truly loves. Somehow she can be happy too.

 

“Thank you,” he says to her as they pull back.

 

“Now go get him, Romeo.”

 

 

 

 

Jongin nimbles on his fingernail while he keeps his other hand on the steering wheel. Feeling more than excited for the movie date he has with his sweetheart tonight. He would sure make this date perfect in order to make up with the several dates he sadly missed. It's times to prove that he's not a ty boyfriend at all.

 

“Are you sure you didn’t tell him anything?” Kyungsoo asks, keeping his eyes on the screen of his phone.

 

“Yep, I promise. Even how many times he threaten or beseech me, I didn’t tell him a single word.”

 

Kyungsoo nods, satisfied with his report. “Good. Just continue to lie to him if he tries to ask you again.”

 

The tan male glances at him. “Yeah I know. So, what’s Baekhyun’s plan now?”

 

"I don't know. But he's still not ready yet to meet Chanyeol. I think he still needs time."

 

"But how long would he let Chanyeol wait?"

 

"If he really loves Baek, he can wait, okay?" replied Kyungsoo nonchalantly. "We don't know what he's going through so we don't have the right to react."

 

"Yeah but I kind of feel bad for Yeol. He's nuts for Baekhyun and he badly wants to see him. If I'm in his shoes, I think I would die for making me wait to see you," Jongin says, suggesting a smirk.

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes but he can't control his lips from curving up. "Of course you would." His lover chuckles and pinches his pale cheek. "Hey, focus on driving, you idiot."

 

 

 

Meanwhile Baekhyun talks with Gayoon through phone, she tells him that her client, and also friend, Jihyun cancels their plan to for the wedding due to fact that they're no longer together. Baekhyun is not selfish nor heartless, he still feels bad finding out the news. He thinks he's the reason why the two broke up. Jihyun seems to love Chanyeol genuinely with her heart. She might be sad and heartbroken today and it is his fault.

 

"Baek, don't blame yourself," his friend Doojoon assures with creased brows. He holds his hand on the table. "Jihyun chose to let him go. She already gave you the permission to get back with him. She merely wants you to have him instead of herself."

 

"But she's hurting because of me."

 

"You're wrong," Doojoon refutes. "She's already been hurting even before you come. She knows Chanyeol will never love her the way she does but she still kept on holding onto him. Well, basically, she brought it to herself."

 

Baekhyun keeps silent, still pondering to the current situation. He can't tend to be happy if he knows there's someone hurting. But his heart is yelling at him to stop thinking of her and just make his move to come back to the love of his life.

 

"What will you do now?"

 

Baekhyun raises his head and meets her expecting eyes. "I should do what I'm supposed to do since the day I came back here."

 

Doojoon smiles.

 

 

The next day, Lay tells the president about his schedules for the day, as their usual routine in the morning. After receiving all the long schedules, he heads to the elevator, leaving his secretary slash assistant. Soon as the doors close, Chanyeol sighs in relief. His head aching from the long list of his schedules today. Jihyun's father is demanding a meeting with his this afternoon then after that, he needs to check and sign a lot of papers. It never ends.

 

When he reach his office, he didn't expect to see his friend there, sitting comfortably on the sofa. He gently closes the glass door behind him before approaching his friend.

 

"Yongguk," he greets with a smile. Somehow,  his stress and bad mood lessen.

 

"What brought you here?"

 

"I just want you ask if you already have any idea where Baekhyun is. It's been a week since we found out that he's returned."

 

"Nah, his friends are stubborn as much as he is. They won't tell me where I can see him."

 

Yongguk keeps silent for some seconds, looking at the glass window. "Yeol. What would you do if you see him?"

 

"Of course I’ll talk to him and make him explain everything he's supposed to."

 

"I know but what I mean is, will you get back with him?"

 

Chanyeol snorts. He just figured the answer out to this million dollar question this morning. He would not trade this chance from anything in the world. "What kind of question is that? Of course I will."

 

"Even he had left you more than once?" Yongguk ask, testing his friend's trust on his love.

 

"Yeah. Even how many times he wants to push me, hurt me or kill me, my love for him will never change. I will chase him all over again and again if I have to."

 

Somehow, Yongguk feels an uneasy churning in his stomach, hearing the honest answer from the other. "You really love him, don't you?"

 

Chanyeol smiles, standing up from the sofa. "He's the only one from the start. I can't see myself loving someone else. He has everything that I want."

 

"That's good. The ripest fruit will come to those who wait."

 

"I know, right," Chanyeol says with a chuckle but his bright smile disappears as soon as he notice another box on his desk.

 

"Did you already ask Jongin if he got his number or anything?"

 

The question was left unanswered when Chanyeol's eyes caught  something  noticeable on his office table. "Wait. Did you put this box on my table?"

 

Yongguk shakes his head. "That's already on there when I came here. What is that?"

 

Chanyeol takes the box and opens it and as he expected, another cake. This time red velvet flavor. He lets out a faint laugh.

 

"Was that from Kyungsoo?"

 

"No." He pauses, looking at the tag. "Baekhyun."

 

"No ." Yongguk immediately leaves his seat to head toward the table of his friend. But the doubt on his face easily fades once seeing the small note plastered on the lid of the box. "Damn, you're right."

 

"I forgot to tell you he also sent a cake to me three days ago. Kyungsoo delivered it himself to me and said Baekhyun baked it for me."

 

"Wow," Yongguk utters, still staring at the small box in disbelief. "Tell me about it, what do you think this means?"

 

Chanyeol heaves his shoulders, but his lips are twisting into a smile. "I know exactly what this means. He's gonna show up to me sooner or later."

 

"That's great."

 

"But honestly, I don't think I can wait any longer. I will search the whole country if I must just to see even a glimpse of him."

 

 

 

The day moves forward, Chanyeol attends a meeting with Jihyun's father and explains to him the good reasons why they have to cancel the engagement and also the benefits of it. Chanyeol also asks forgiveness from him and thankfully Mr. Kim is good enough to accept his apology and doesn't allow his disappointment on him affect their business relationship.

 

After the successful dealing with Jihyun's father, Chanyeol continues his work in his table. Checking different files of papers tucked inside of manila folders presented by his employees. He basically didn't leave his chair until the clock strikes nine in the evening.

 

Chanyeol drops the last folder over the other finished files before he sighs and stretches his arms up. He checks the time on his wristwatch again and concludes to himself, he really needs to take a nap even just twenty minutes. He rests his head on his chair and closes his eyes. "I'm so tired," he mumbles to himself. His tired eyes voluntarily shuts on their own.

 

He's about to doze off when there's sudden knocks from the door. He curses mentally. Good timing, Lay.

 

"Bugger off! I'm trying to sleep here," he grumbles, but not in the mood to open his eyes again.

 

"Sir, you have a visitor," Lay states from the other side of the door.

 

He frowns. "Leave. Do not disturb my nap again."

 

"Sir, he's gonna tell you something important."

 

I don't care. "Whoever they are, just them outside. I'm so tired, I don't need any visitors to deal with again."

 

"But sir--"

 

The urge to yell is so strong. "Is it urgent?"

 

There's a brief silent from outside the door. It takes ten seconds before Lay speaks again. "Not really, sir but I suggest you--"

 

"Lay, I'm not gonna yell at you but don't tempt me, please I'm so exhausted I really want to doze off now!"

 

He doesn't hear another respond from Lay again. Finally, the pestering of his assistant stops. Closing his eyes, he fixes his position on the chair and tries to sleep again. But then he hears faint voice outside, he senses two people talking.

 

"He's really thick-headed. No wonder miss Jihyun breaks up with him."

 

"Well, you heard him. He needs to rest. I don't think he wants to talk to anyone at this moment."

 

"But you drove all the way here and..."

 

"It's alright," the voice is calm and patient. "I can come back in any other day."

 

"I'm really sorry, Baek."

 

In a heartbeat, Chanyeol's eyes flew open. His drowsiness disappeared into thin air.

 

Baek.

 

Is it Baekhyun?

 

The only person I've been looking for all this time?

 

Slowly, Chanyeol props his elbows to lift himself from the seat. He leaves his table and uncertainly head to the door. He's obviously curious who Lay was talking to moments ago.

 

But when he heard the footsteps fading, he scurries his way to the door. Lay is just about to leave when he opens the door.

 

"Yes, sir?"

 

"Who's that guy you said that wanted to see me?"

 

Lay pretends to contemplate, his lips forming into a mischievous smile. This bastard.

 

"Just say it."

 

"You mean Baek?"

 

"Baek?" Chanyeol repeats, his voice  "You mean Baekhyun?"

 

"Yes. The Baekhyun we both know," Lay confirms.

 

Chanyeol pulls the door in one blink and dashes out of the room. He snaps his head from left to right hallway. "Where is he?"

 

"Um. He just went to the elevator." The secretary points at the second elevator to the left.

 

Chanyeol doesn't wait any second. He sprints to the said elevator and tries lunching numbers but the door won't open. He slams his hand on the wall from frustration before going to the next elevator.

 

Soon as he gets to the first floor, he scans around the lobby,  ignoring the concerned looks some employees are giving him. His heartbeat begins to raise unknowingly. His palms become balmy. He might go crazy if he misses this chance to catch Baekhyun again.

 

"Where are you?"

 

The slide door catches his attention. Quickly, he runs to the door and shoves it open. Once outside, the chilly wind welcomes his body but his focus is still on the person he's searching. He looks around but the  only things he sees are cabs, vehicles and other civilians walking on the pavement.

 

He runs his hand through his hair, turning his head to the left. Unfortunately, he doesn't get any hint where Baekhyun must have headed.

 

"!"

 

 

 

 

"Why didn't you tell me it was him?" Chanyeol reprimands his secretary, pacing around his office.

 

"Will all due respect, you're the one who pushed him away. If you've just let me finished, then you could have finally seen him but you said you're already tired and insisted to make him leave."

 

"You should have persuaded me more. You know how much he matters to me. God! I almost had him."

 

"In my defense, I just did my job. I'm sorry, Chanyeol."

 

"This is ing frustrating. Damn, I could've already embraced him into my arms. , I blew this chance again."

 

Lay watches with slight amusement as the taller pace around the room with complete frustration to himself. That's what you get for being stupid. He sighs. "I think you're just stressed. I suggest you go home and sleep. You can continue signing them tomorrow."

 

"Just leave me alone, will you?"

 

Lay purses his lips and slightly nods his head. "Okay. I'm not gonna pester you again, sir. I'll take my leave now."

 

He slumps down to the chair and rubs his temple. "Damn it."

 

 

In the apartment, Doojoon and his girlfriend Gayoon are cuddling in the couch while watching a romcom movie on the TV. They feed each other with pizza until the door suddenly swings open. They peer over the couch and greet Baekhyun, who doesn't seem to have a good mood.

 

"Well, how did it go?" Doojoon says, propping his elbow on the armrest.

 

Baekhyun goes to the other sofa and sits down gracelessly.

 

"From the look on your face, I'll guess it turned out bad, didn't it?"

 

Puzzled, Gayoon nudges her boyfriend. "What are you talking about? Where did he go?"

 

Baekhyun heaves a sigh, turning his downcasted eyes to the TV. "I didn't get to see Chanyeol tonight. I came there in the wrong time. He's already resting and he didn't want to be disturbed."

 

"Oh. Maybe luck next time."

 

Gayoon clicks her tongue. "Chanyeol would be frustrated to himself if he finds out you tried to meet with him. That'll make him crazy because we all know how he's dying to see you," she states before turning her attention back to the movie.

 

"I think the stars won't really allow us to see each other again," Baekhyun says worriedly.

 

"Come on, things happen in the right time," Doojoon counters. "Soon the day will come you two will get back together."

 

"See? You guys will definitely have a moment  to get together again. And if that happens Gayoon here will immediately organize and plan your wedding day."

 

Though Baekhyun is a tad hopeless, he finds a way to smile. He really is lucky to have these two as his friends. They are very supportive and always on his side whenever he have a hard time deciding. Even if he don't win Chanyeol back, he knows he will still have them in his life, whatever happens. Perhaps, it's not so bad.

 

"You must think another day where to show up."

 

"I almost forgot. His birthday is already next month," Baekhyun utters uncertainly, shifting on his seat.

 

"That's great. Though he still to have one more month to wait."

 

"But when it comes, I'll try to make it special."

 

"Guys we can worry about that later. Right now Baek you need to eat. Come we have pizza here."

 

 

 

Since Yongguk won't stop pestering Kyungsoo about Baekhyun, Kyungsoo decides to let him know about the place where Baekhyun currently resides. Plus, he doesn't want his silly boyfriend punching Yongguk in the face.

 

Kyungsoo hands him the address before taking a sip of his tea while Jongin sends him a wary look. Yongguk across the table examines the little paper carefully.

 

"So you say he's currently living with Doojoon. Isn't he the friend Baekhyun had when we worked in the mountain?"

 

Kyungsoo nods. "Yeah. They seem very close now, but don't take it in the wrong way. Doojoon has already have a girlfriend. I think Chanyeol already mentioned you that she was their supposed wedding planner."

 

Yongguk nods and fixes his brows. "But tell me, why Baekhyun doesn’t want to meet with him yet."

 

Jongin answers this time, "Because he's too embarrassed and shy since... You know, he owes Chanyeol a lot more than he should. And he doesn't have the guts to show a face to his ex. And now he's just waiting for the perfect time to appear again."

 

Keeping his eyes on the plate, Yongguk shakes his head. "As expected from Baekhyun... He's always pessimist and scared. He always needs someone to push him and encourage him to make an action."

 

"That's why he needs to go back to Chanyeol ASAP," Kyungsoo adds, stabbing the steak with fork. "Simply because they need each other. Those idiots won't live happily if they miss to get their love back." He pauses. "But I hope they finally get back so their hearts will start beating again. I very much root for them... And not to mention, their love story is the best that I've ever seen." He cannot control his emotions anymore, his eyes burst with tears. "Oh God."

 

Jongin sighs, drops his knife and fork and rubs his baby's back for comfort. "Those are sweet words from you, hon. I wish you could say some to me too."

 

Kyungsoo stops sobbing and turns to his boyfriend. "That's a bit rich coming from you, eh?"

 

"What?"

 

Kyungsoo sets his scowl. "Don't act innocent. I rarely receive any compliment from you. You always call me fat and squishy when I'm trying so freaking hard here to diet and get slim!" he bursts, throwing the table napkin to his boyfriend.

 

"Baby. Calm down. You know I'm just playing with you. You're not really fat."

 

Yongguk couldn't help but chuckle at the sight. They ruined the moment by themselves. He wishes Chanyeol and Baek will be happy when they get back together. They both deserve their happy ending. And he's here to help that happen.

 

Even when he knows, Baekhyun is still in his heart.

 

 

 

One week later. It wasn't too hard for Yongguk to locate the address since he also got a branch of his company in the place near Baekhyun and Doojoon's apartment. He doesn't waste time and quickly knock in the door of their room. He patiently waits for a moment for anyone to open the door, however, he cannot deny the fast beating of his heart against his ribcage. He couldn't describe the strong feeling that he has. Excitement is an understatement.

 

All he knows that the moment he sees Baekhyun, he will jump in overjoy. Before he knows it, the door already creaks and slides open. Yongguk slightly braces himself, curling both of his fists.

 

And when Baekhyun appears, he knows he already lost it.

 

"Baek," he breathes out before embracing the shorter male.

 

Baekhyun is caught off guard and it takes him a seconds to recover, hugging his former boss back. He closes his eyes, snuggling his face against his shoulder. "Yongguk hyung."

 

The president pulls back and smiles widely. He never felt alive until he sees Baekhyun now. He looks a bit different from the last time he saw him which was in the hospital two years ago. When he was still fragile and sick. But now Baekhyun looks far cry from two years ago. His hair is dyed black now but fits him just perfect. His eyes are more lively and shiny than before. The only thing that didn't change is his smile that Yongguk knows by heart.

 

"I know I'm not the one who's supposed to say this but... But you look more beautiful than a couple years ago."

 

"Thanks, Yongguk hyung. I'm glad I finally see you. We need a lot of things to talk."

 

"You ain't kidding, Baek."

 

After hearing all the stories Baekhyun told when he was in Russia, Yongguk merely formed a smile. All that matters now is that Baekhyun has returned and every pieces will be back to their right places. He reaches for Baekhyun's hand and holds it gently, earning Baekhyun's attention.

 

"What is it?"

 

"You will return to Chanyeol, right?"

 

"Yes. Hopefully if the stars will give me enough luck to win him back... why not?"

 

"If you want it, you will have it."

 

Baekhyun smiles. "I'm planning on visiting him in his company again on the day of his birthday."

 

In a spur of the moment, Yongguk feels the big crashing of his heart. It is so strong that he could hear it. Somehow, Baekhyun's love for his ex still makes him sick. Yongguk hates himself for thinking this when he also wishes Baekhyun to be happy... to be with the person he really loves. But he just can't help what his heart is shouting everytime he stare in Baekhyun's eyes.

 

Own him, it's not too late.

 

The words feel like venom but somehow, they don't kill him. The rivalry between him and Chanyeol is already over two years ago. They are friends now, a thing that he didn't expect would happen. So why would he want to break it?

 

Yongguk doesn't want to hurt Chanyeol... yet nor he wants his heart to keep hurting. It's funny how a simple glance on Baekhyun easily woke the love he's keeping for him. What if he tries listening to his heart even just for once?

 

"Baek, if you get back with him, it'll break my heart so I beg you... please don't come back to him. Stop loving him. I love you so much and my feelings for you will never change. If you choose me I promise you will never get hurt again. So please, marry me."

 

 

God would it feel nice if he actually say those words since they were only what his heart wanted to say from the beginning. However, he knows the consequences if he makes this selfishness happen. He will only lose the friendship he has with Chanyeol and especially, Baekhyun. This foolishness will even break his heart more.

 

Maybe it's still much better if they stay as friends. Even if it's a bitter pill to swallow, Yongguk has to accept it and live with it. He knows his love for Baekhyun is hopeless, as much how it sounds terrible.

 

"Then we'll give him the best gift he will ever receive in his life," he replies instead what his heart was screaming.

 

Baekhyun's lips stretch wider before embracing his friend, failing to notice the hurt look on Yongguk's eyes for his heart crashed down and shattered into pieces.

 

But it's okay.

 

Who is he to break such perfect love?

 

Plus, his heart can be possibly fixed again if he finds the one that is for him. But the love between Baekhyun and his friend will only have it's last chance.

 

 

 


 

a/n:

thanks for reading!

ps. the is in the nxt chapter!