Closer, Maybe Looking Closer

Beautiful Disaster

 

They stay the night in the mountain by building tent camps. Each will share a tent with one person and so Doojoon immediately choses Baekhyun. Baekhyun doesn't mind though, he just wants to sleep early.

"Baek, I will arrange our bed and things. Just wait outside, okay?" Doojoon asks as he goes first inside the tent. Baekhyun patiently waits outside the tent, holding his comforters when Mr. Bang appears, walking towards him. Baekhyun straightens his posture.

"You tired?" he asks, stuffing his hands inside his pocket. The wind is always cool like this every night. Baekhyun really thinks he's a thoughtful and kind president.

Baekhyun smiles. "I'm fine, sir. No need to worry."

But Yonggukdoesn't move and stays there beside him. He lets some seconds pass them. Baekhyun looks up at the starswhile the taller looks down on him with adoring eyes."You know you're kind of delicate and you need to be protected in every seconds," Mr. Bang comments out of the blue, his face luminated by the bonfire. "I don't like it when one of my people gets hurt or look sad."

The short male chuckles. "You really have a big heart for a leader..." Baekhyun says solemnly. "But I like it."

Either it's just an imagination or not, Baekhyun sees Mr. Bang's pale face flushing in the dark. "Some of them tells me not to play favorites but you really deserve to be treated better, Baekhyun."

"Thanks, sir."

"Just call me Yongguk,"he says with his deep voice. They stare at each other for a while until Doojoon’s head appears from the tent. “It’s ready! Oh- Mr. Bang, g-good evening!”

“Good evening,” The president greets back. “Sleep well, you two. Tomorrow, we’ll start early.” Mr. Bang reminds them and stares at Baekhyun for a while before leaving the two to go to his own leader tent.

Baekhyun’s smile remains plastered on his face as he watches the president go inside his own bigger tent. He only stops when he hears Doojoon chucklebehind him.

“See, I told you. He’s into you.” Doojoon coos, earning a slight glare from Baekhyun.

“Idiot," Baekhyun says to him as he slips inside the tent. He takes the rightside while Doojoon’s the other. 

Nevertheless, Doojoon has stopped annoying him but he shifts then and there in his position that it kinda irritates Baekhyun.But after some minutes, Baekhyun starts hearing snores from the other side. He smiles lightly. Finally, the idiot has fallen asleep.

Tonight, Baekhyun thinks about the possible plans to approach his ex boyfriend without getting angry at him. He needs to get closer to him little by little. He just needs to apologize and explain everything, is all. 

 


The workers start cutting the trees again after breakfast. They start in seven a.m. just like what Chanyeol wanted. Mr. Bang is still asleep like a rock so hedidn't have any choice but to take the lead instead.

"Group one, you cut the bushes behind the trees, group two, you pick the logs to the tracks, and the last batch, continue cutting whatever trees are left. Do it immediately. The trees should be gone before a week," Chanyeol commands on the workers. 

Doojoon is one of the workers shredding the bushes. He's a bit irritated at his boss but what's his choice anyway? He knows Mr. Park likes to get whatever he wants. If he wanted to finish the job this day, he can make it possible. Chanyeol is just practical, perfectionist and short tempered. He doesn't like waiting.

Dongjoon sighs and wipes a few sweats from his forehead before continuing his work.While friend, Baekhyun, thinksof a move to his ex again who's still oblivious of his presence behind him. Chanyeol is currently reading the lists of schedule.

Baekhyun decides on surprising the president. He smirks at the thought. He slowly reach up his hands behind Chanyeol but then someone calls Baekhyun's name. 

"Byun Baekhyun!" Doojoon shouts. "Please, can you get my bag in the tent?"

He quickly retracts his hand and hides them behind his back. Chanyeol turns to him and Baekhyun shots him a smile. Chanyeol raises a brow at him before going back to the lists.

That was close.. Damn that Doojoon.

"Come on, your friend seem to need your help. Don't just stand there."Baekhyun hears Chanyeol says. He silently glares at Chanyeol's back before scoffing and heading to their tent. 

Chanyeol chuckles and smiles as Baekhyun leaves him to go to his friend.Baekhyun hurries to take Doojoon's bag from their tent before running to his friend. Baekhyum frowns as he sees his friend looking very tired with a lot of bids of sweat falling from his head.

"You alright?" Baekhyun asks, placing a hand on his shouler.

Doojoon chuckles and takes a bottle of water and towel from his bag. "Of course, I am. I am almighty Doojoon." he says, flexing his muscles in display.

Baekhyun laughs and playfully punches his shoulder.They don't realize that Chanyeol is already looking at their direction, watching them silently. Don't tell me, Baekhyun flirts with one of my workers as well?!

Chanyeol widens his eyes from the thought. He doesn't notice his feet already making their way to the two just to hear their conversation clearly.

"I really think you need help." Baekhyun says and tries to steal the shredders from Doojoon but the latter pulls it away from him.

"No, no, Baek. You can do anything but this job."

"But I want to help you!" Baekhyun whines. Doojoon grabs his hand and Chanyeol feels something inside him breaking. He used to think that he's the only one who can touch and Baekhyun like that but that's just before. Chanyeol doesn't want to think anymore the number of guys who had touch his Baekhyun.

Doojoon looks down on Baekhyun's hand with a smile. "Do you think I would just let this beautiful hand get dirty and tired out?"

Baekhyun just laughs and pinches Doojoon's cheek. They're so close and touchy to each other. Chanyeol looks away with gritted teeth while his fists balled. He starts walking back to the camp again.

What the hell is wrong with me?!

He sighs as he enter his tent. Then he slams his hands hard down the table near him. The memories of the past with his ex is starting to come out again and it frustrates him so much. The memories he hid carefully for seven years are slowly escaping again.

"Baek, tell me why?!"

"Like I said, I l-love somebody else!"

"No. Don't do this-"

"Leave Chanyeol. I don't want to see you again. Get out of my life!"

He screams loudly and angrily shoves all the tools and materials from the table, making them fall on the ground and break. 

"!" Chanyeol exclaims when he sees the back of hand bleeding from a cut. Sure it's from the sharp ruler he was using.

The other workers run to his tent just as they hear the breaking noise. Baekhyun is one of them. His eyes widens as he sees at lot of blood from Chanyeol's hand.

Doojoon quickly approaches his boss. "What happened sir?!"

Chanyeol shakes his head, grunting at the pain.

"He needs to be aided immediately." the other guy says. 

Then Baekhyun quickly raises his hand. "I- I'll do it." He tells Doojoon to fetch the first aid box.

Chanyeol stares at him with an annoyed look before he shakes his head. "No, I can handle it."

"SIR!" Everyone in the room stops him, Chanyeol almost jumped of surprise. 

"Your wound looks really bad!" The secretary says worriedly.

"Please sir, just for once, let yourself be treaten this time." the other one says. Chanyeol sighs and let them win.

Doojoon comes back. "I got it!" he quickly hands the box to Baekhyun. The workers get out of the room to leave the two alone. 

They sit on the stools as Baekhyun opens the box on the table. Chanyeol watches him as he takes a white cloth from the box and an methine alcohol.

"Give me your hand." Baekhyun directs. Chanyeol hesitantly extends his wounded hand. Baekhyun holds his wrist quickly pour the alcohol liquid on the cut.

Chanyeol yelps at the pain and tightens his fists. "."

Baekhyun quickly cleans the wound with cotton swabs before pouring some penicilin powder on it.

"Don't move." Baekhyun says, glancing at him.

"Then make it fast." Chanyeol counters with a scowl.

Baekhyun creates a pout, like he always do when they were children. "But I want it to treat perfectly," he reasons, thoroughly wiping the blood off.

Chanyeol rolls his eyes and Baekhyun laughs lowly. He takes the band aid roll and starts covering the president's hand with it. 

Chanyeol watches him silently doing the work besde him. Then his eyes dart on Baekhyun's face. He's smiling a bit and humming a song. 

He's so close. Their faces are only inches apart and Chanyeol just realised it by now. He remember he would instantly kiss Baekhyun's rosy cheek when his face was too close to him.  He can still early remember how soft they were and so good against his lips. 

Then his eyes slowly move below Baekhyun's nose. He stares at his lips and he doesn't even know it. Baekhyun's lips are still small and plumy. Those lips that Chanyeol can kiss forever without getting tired. 

"It's finished!" Baekhyun exclaims and quickly faces the president but then he quickly blushes realizing their faces' approximate distance and Chanyeol staring at him sternly.

"S-sir?" Baekhyun mumbles. 

Chanyeol slowly retracted his hand from Baekhyun's before snatching his with his other uninjured hand. Baekhyun yelps at the grip on his wrist.

"Chanyeol."

"Why?!"

Baekhyun frowns. "What?"

"Why exactly are you here?" he asks with a rough voice.

"I- I thought I already told you that! I'm here just to apologize and-"

"-and then come back to me?!" Chanyeol interjects and Baekhyun froze. 

"Do you think I would just forgive you after all the pain you caused to me and the lies that you built up that I ing believed like a fool."

Baekhyun flinches. The grip on his wrist is getting stronger.He looks up to see Chanyeol's eyes turning red and watery.

"Do you realize how all those pain feel when you left me?" he yells right on his face. "No, because you're just a ing and you chose some guy I didn't even know over me."

Baekhyun begins to shed tears as well. Not from the pain onhis wrist but from remembering the terrible things he did to Chanyeol and how he paid for all of those. 

"Now, tell me.. don't lie.. did you really even loveme?"Chanyeol pleads and their eyes locked. "Even just a bit?"

Baekhyun bites his bottom lip, letting the tears fall helplessly from his eyes while Chanyeol still waits for his answer. He supresses the tears from coming out of his eyes. He need to find out right now the answer he wants to come out from Baekhyun's mouth.

After seems like forever, Baekhyun finally meets his eyes again. "I-I only loved one guy in my life and that's you."

Chanyeol stares at him with slack jaw before someone barges in the tent looking for Baekhyun. Chanyeol releases his grip on Baekhyun's wrist uncertainly and Baekhyun quickly gets up from his stool. His friend, Doojoon creates a frown when he saw Baekhyun's teary eyes. 

"What happened?" he asks.

"L-let's just get out of here." Baekhyun says with his voice cracking and they both leave the tent. Doojoon is confusedbut he just lets it slide and leads Baekhyun to their own camp.But he glances at his boss with a silent glare over his shoulder before leaving the tent.

 

FLASHBACK


"Chanyeol, you really ace at drawing!"

Chanyeol smiled. "Yeah. I know." he said proudly.

"Do you think you can draw me someday?" Baekhyun asked suddenly and Chanyeol looked up at him.

"I'm already thinking that Baek. You know, I can draw you even without you around because you're always here in my mind and I know every inch of your body."

Baekhyun blushed. "You ert."

"What? Not literally every inch. I just know your height, weight,  curves-"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Yes, I get it. Can I just help you color them right now?"

Chanyeol looked down on his hands. "Baek, seriously you have beautiful and precious hands and as your future boyfriend, I don't want them getting dirtied and wasted."

Baekhyun pretends a pout cutely. "Don't treat me so girly. I can handle myself. It's just coloring!" he whined. Chanyeol chuckled before continuing his work.

"Whatever, just treat me ice cream later." Baekhyun said with gleeful eyes.

"Sure." Chanyeol answered. "That's what I always do because I love you unconditionally."

Baekhyun's face flushed again. "You're making me blush again. I hate you."

"That'a not true, you love me;" Chanyeol said. "And I'm the one that you're gonna marry."

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun giggled. Then he pecked  Chanyeol's cheek unexpectedly making the latter blush furiously this time. "Now, we're even."